Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303145 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chelda: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2017
Sarang:

Ya

Good morning,

please Which is the cheapest but safest flight/route from Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CHERIPH: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2017
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 11:52am On Jun 13, 2017
azelab:
please enlight me sir/ma, is it possible to secure an unskilled job through a canadian agent without being interviewed by the employer likewise no experience, no certificate and no ielts score are requested by the agent. meanwhile the agent said i will pay $200 for certificate of acceptance in Quebec Canada immediately my employment contract letter is out. please are all these possible so that i won't be scamed. thanks.
Don't trouble yourself, man. That scam is visible enough for you to see or know. Keep your money in your pocket or use it to write any certification exam you may find necessary for your career.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sarang:

Ya

U de Saskatoon? How's the job hunt.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fortissimo502: 1:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
Jawa:

dear Joe980, i have not experienced this personally. however, if a passport is returned without a visa sticker, the TRV request has been refused. the absent letter is most likely an omission in the part of the visa officer as they are also human. i think she should apply for her GCMS notes to get the detailed reasons for her refusal. before she plans to reapply.good luck

I strongly suspect the reason is that the application was incomplete.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Good day everyone. I must confess, I've learnt alot on here. I want to apply for a TRV, but finding it difficult to access the online application form. Someone should please send me the link. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by unclerukus666: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
Jawa:

dear unclerukus666, in my opinion, you seem to be relying on your step-mum's ties to canada to secure a visa. this is a wrong approach and may not end well. as a visitor, your duty is to demonstrate to the VO that you are established at home and that it is indeed a temporary visit permit you seek. the timing of your application may be late if you plan to travel int the planned period. basic documents you may need as a student;
a well drafted letter of introduction explaining why you're making this trip, the plans you've made to handle all sectors the VO would be interested in including, but not limited to; accommodation, transportation, funding, travel history, why this trip is to be made to Canada and most importantly why you cannot abandon your studies and disappear.
all CIC forms duly completed and signed
your international passport
documents to backup accommodation, transport, money(account statement), sponsorship letter(very detailed including your name, DOB, passport number and specifically how much you're sponsored with), school introduction letter properly endorsed and possibly your academic transcripts.you must also show evidence that this woman is your step mum.
keep your application truthful. Best of luck

Hi jawa
Thanks for the previous advice.
I now have all necessary documents, includes a letter of visitation. but i heard i need to get a sponsorship letter and bank statement from someone here, and it could be from my (mother, father, uncle or even a family friend ).
So what should be the content of the letter of sponsorship.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Joe980: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Fortissimo502:

I strongly suspect the reason is that the application was incomplete.
There wasn't any further instructions or note if that's the case.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yeah! A very good morning to you.... I'm yet to differentiate between you both though. Jawa seems to be a much more humane side (probably the reason he hasn't come under fire) of you but got lots of similarities with you. Either ways, whether you are one and the same or not, you are both good, I like and appreciate your views. What causes trouble here is the moment anyone comes across as an agent or even tries to sway participants here into private conversations, particularly the ones that has trappings of monetary extortion (that's up to participants though), that one will always meet stiff/vehement/intense resistance from key contributors here. You guys keep the good work you are doing and kudos will abound! Many regards
Thanks for the commendation but nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. You too have been of immense help here, kudos! Btw, please could you kindly clarify your idiomatic expression ''one and the same''? Sorry I ask because this matter had surfaced in the past. My being detailed in most of my previous comments, touching almost every area of concerns and by willingly suggesting important documents that should go along with a particular visa category doesn't make me sound like an agent. As a matter of fact, no agent can ever be so detailed because he wants to make money with such info thereby hide it from public view. I'm also sure many agents hiding under various monikers here must have benefited from my advice and probably also seen me as their antagonist or stumbling block because I always almost leave no stones unturned in my explanations, revealing almost everything and probably blocking their chance of catching fishes here, lol. This is what I enjoy doing at my leisure and I can say this is alien to us in this clime because of our selfish nature. We want to hide important info that could help others and keep it to ourselves and families alone and that's why we're this backward as a nation. I'm always open to criticisms, logical ones that is...and it's because I'm human. I don't know all so, I'm prone to errors. My comments and that of Jawa looked similar in some respects but he seems more experienced than I am when it comes to canada routes and destinations. For the past 13 years, I've not been to more than 2 provinces so far but he seems to know much more so, there's no way I can e'er be jawa or Jawa being me or same person operating under 2 different monikers...If anyone under the guise of rendering help here is asking for money or asking members for PMs for same purpose, it's incumbent on the moderator to bounce such a member. I can remember when somebody came here as a new member to defend me on a particular matter, suredebby I think. Our manner of commenting was the same with the few dots (....) and particular visa applicant here attacked her, saying it's awelekiti hiding under that moniker, probably she joined NL that day, knowing fully well that people join everyday. He even vowed to check my IP with that fellow and I challenged him to do the same. He also copied some viable mods here including justwise but nothing could be found as proofs eventually. I remember I also pulled out a member or 2, who are fond of putting dots in their explanations in this forum. They've been here years before I joined. I'm barely a year old here. This is an open forum and I challenge anybody whom I had asked for money in the past to speak out. All those 'thank yous' received from successful visa applicants are enough for me. I hardly reply to PMs and if you could follow all my posts from the beginning, I'd always state clearly that people who had sent PMs to me should share their views here so people could learn and contribute. I do receive PMs of course but I always ignore them. The person I think I e'er gave an invite was shadebee and it was because her visa was approved in the month close to the world young entrepreneurs conference in canada, which was free-to-attend. I think one other guy too, who said he needed info about it and asked if he could send me a PM and I asked him to go ahead...I always wanted to help but for free..Shadebee contributes here often and she can testify to this if I asked her to pay a farthing. I hope she will clear the air when next she comes here wink I did that simply because I've profiled her already. For security reasons, I hardly reply to PMs. When the matter became messy here, I pulled out a copy of the email I sent to her for everybody to see with the content therein which says the event was free of charge . For the last time bro, I can't be an agent...never. Travel agency cannot take me where I've been today, all to the glory of God. Dabbling into one at this stage will be tantamount to going backward. I'm saying it for the first time on this thread in all sincerity, that I'm a Medical Technologist with exclusive distributorship and my name rings a bell in the health sector of the Nigerian economy, including Oil and Gas Health Facilities and the medical doctors who are also members here can confirm this. I had had an encounter with careerwoman in her first canada visa application. She's in a medical school. All those I referred her to, to request letters including the CMD of her Teaching Hospital when she first had issues with her canada visa application, after which she reapplied and her application was granted were well known to me. I can boldly say I'm well travelled and I've got the bigwigs in the healthcare industry globally as partners. Where do you think travel agency money or proceeds can buy a CT or MRI for a teaching hospital under PPP, hun omobendel? If you can go online to look for the price of one CT my brother, you'd be able to tell the number of years it would take a travel agent to garner money from the proceeds to buy one, either the 16 or 32 slice config. If you're close to your state if you're from edo as your moniker shows, the immediate past CMD of UBTH whose name starts with an I, knows me. That's what I do bro. Maybe you're one of the agents here sef, lol. Because you've mentioned ''MY CREW'' here on one occasion and I asked myself, which crew is omobendel talking about sef. I wish you all the best and every other person helping out in this forum. Good night all!

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deejay102: 7:29am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello,

Please I need information on where to Notorize documents in Ikeja. Anyone done that recently? What's the cost of notarizing one document please? And how soon can I get it..? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 11:34am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello all, please does anyone know how much longer I need to wait to get a response from CIC after the first update.....I notice changes in my online application last week. For example I got a UCI number, biometric said completed etc. Applied since March
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hi meggito hopefully before the end of the month or early July.

quote author=Meggito post=57505750]Hello all, please does anyone know how much longer I need to wait to get a response from CIC after the first update.....I notice changes in my online application last week. For example I got a UCI number, biometric said completed etc. Applied since March[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 1:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

quote author=feranmi84 post=57484121]Good day everyone. I must confess, I've learnt alot on here. I want to apply for a TRV, but finding it difficult to access the online application form. Someone should please send me the link. Thanks in advance.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 1:51pm On Jun 14, 2017
Wow, hmmmm, hopefully the next monthly notification will be a final update.....that would be exactly three months. Thanks @ifymeme

[qquote author=ifymeme post=57508141]Hi meggito hopefully before the end of the month or early July.

quote author=Meggito post=57505750]Hello all, please does anyone know how much longer I need to wait to get a response from CIC after the first update.....I notice changes in my online application last week. For example I got a UCI number, biometric said completed etc. Applied since March[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Yeah! A very good morning to you.... I'm yet to differentiate between you both though. Jawa seems to be a much more humane side (probably the reason he hasn't come under fire) of you but got lots of similarities with you. Either ways, whether you are one and the same or not, you are both good, I like and appreciate your views. What causes trouble here is the moment anyone comes across as an agent or even tries to sway participants here into private conversations, particularly the ones that has trappings of monetary extortion (that's up to participants though), that one will always meet stiff/vehement/intense resistance from key contributors here. You guys keep the good work you are doing and kudos will abound! Many regards

Wether awelekiti and jawa are the same, does it matter? So far they are proffering solution to people's problems/questions. I sent pm to awelekiti, he didn't respond but he responded to all my questions here with detailed explanations. Someone like me would have used agent if not for this forum. Thank you awelekiti and jawa.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
awelekiti:
Thanks for the commendation but nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. You too have been of immense help here, kudos! Btw, please could you kindly clarify your idiomatic expression ''one and the same''? Sorry I ask because this matter had surfaced in the past. My being detailed in most of my previous comments, touching almost every area of concerns and by willingly suggesting important documents that should go along with a particular visa category doesn't make me sound like an agent. I wish you all the best and every other person helping out in this forum. Good night all!

Thumbs up! No ish.... Prof is your friend too, cool! Do enjoy your day.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
Anytime you remember that you came under fire in this thread let this memorable quote inspire you:

"Great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. " - The War Doctor

That being said, it is unwise to stir up sentiments over something that happened in the past. I thought we have all moved on. I think we should move on.

A lot of active participants have taken a backseat and allowed fresh blood to champion the course of this thread. Please let's not influence them with a self-serving bias.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
@ifymeme thanks alot, really appreciate!

ifymeme:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp

quote author=feranmi84 post=57484121]Good day everyone. I must confess, I've learnt alot on here. I want to apply for a TRV, but finding it difficult to access the online application form. Someone should please send me the link. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 9:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
awelekiti:
Thanks for the commendation but nobody has a monopoly of knowledge. You too have been of immense help here, kudos! Btw, please could you kindly clarify your idiomatic expression ''one and the same''? Sorry I ask because this matter had surfaced in the past. My being detailed in most of my previous comments, touching almost every area of concerns and by willingly suggesting important documents that should go along with a particular visa category doesn't make me sound like an agent. As a matter of fact, no agent can ever be so detailed because he wants to make money with such info thereby hide it from public view. I'm also sure many agents hiding under various monikers here must have benefited from my advice and probably also seen me as their antagonist or stumbling block because I always almost leave no stones unturned in my explanations, revealing almost everything and probably blocking their chance of catching fishes here, lol. This is what I enjoy doing at my leisure and I can say this is alien to us in this clime because of our selfish nature. We want to hide important info that could help others and keep it to ourselves and families alone and that's why we're this backward as a nation. I'm always open to criticisms, logical ones that is...and it's because I'm human. I don't know all so, I'm prone to errors. My comments and that of Jawa looked similar in some respects but he seems more experienced than I am when it comes to canada routes and destinations. For the past 13 years, I've not been to more than 2 provinces so far but he seems to know much more so, there's no way I can e'er be jawa or Jawa being me or same person operating under 2 different monikers...If anyone under the guise of rendering help here is asking for money or asking members for PMs for same purpose, it's incumbent on the moderator to bounce such a member. I can remember when somebody came here as a new member to defend me on a particular matter, suredebby I think. Our manner of commenting was the same with the few dots (....) and particular visa applicant here attacked her, saying it's awelekiti hiding under that moniker, probably she joined NL that day, knowing fully well that people join everyday. He even vowed to check my IP with that fellow and I challenged him to do the same. He also copied some viable mods here including justwise but nothing could be found as proofs eventually. I remember I also pulled out a member or 2, who are fond of putting dots in their explanations in this forum. They've been here years before I joined. I'm barely a year old here. This is an open forum and I challenge anybody whom I had asked for money in the past to speak out. All those 'thank yous' received from successful visa applicants are enough for me. I hardly reply to PMs and if you could follow all my posts from the beginning, I'd always state clearly that people who had sent PMs to me should share their views here so people could learn and contribute. I do receive PMs of course but I always ignore them. The person I think I e'er gave an invite was shadebee and it was because her visa was approved in the month close to the world young entrepreneurs conference in canada, which was free-to-attend. I think one other guy too, who said he needed info about it and asked if he could send me a PM and I asked him to go ahead...I always wanted to help but for free..Shadebee contributes here often and she can testify to this if I asked her to pay a farthing. I hope she will clear the air when next she comes here wink I did that simply because I've profiled her already. For security reasons, I hardly reply to PMs. When the matter became messy here, I pulled out a copy of the email I sent to her for everybody to see with the content therein which says the event was free of charge . For the last time bro, I can't be an agent...never. Travel agency cannot take me where I've been today, all to the glory of God. Dabbling into one at this stage will be tantamount to going backward. I'm saying it for the first time on this thread in all sincerity, that I'm a Medical Technologist with exclusive distributorship and my name rings a bell in the health sector of the Nigerian economy, including Oil and Gas Health Facilities and the medical doctors who are also members here can confirm this. I had had an encounter with careerwoman in her first canada visa application. She's in a medical school. All those I referred her to, to request letters including the CMD of her Teaching Hospital when she first had issues with her canada visa application, after which she reapplied and her application was granted were well known to me. I can boldly say I'm well travelled and I've got the bigwigs in the healthcare industry globally as partners. Where do you think travel agency money or proceeds can buy a CT or MRI for a teaching hospital under PPP, hun omobendel? If you can go online to look for the price of one CT my brother, you'd be able to tell the number of years it would take a travel agent to garner money from the proceeds to buy one, either the 16 or 32 slice config. If you're close to your state if you're from edo as your moniker shows, the immediate past CMD of UBTH whose name starts with an I, knows me. That's what I do bro. Maybe you're one of the agents here sef, lol. Because you've mentioned ''MY CREW'' here on one occasion and I asked myself, which crew is omobendel talking about sef. I wish you all the best and every other person helping out in this forum. Good night all!

Kai! na on top Omobendel you publish this epistle! na wa o, Omobendel se you don hear? this is where you will tell the boys from the men. Big ups Awelekiti
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sarang(f): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fortissimo502:

U de Saskatoon? How's the job hunt. My fiancee de find job seriously. She just left her previous job and is panicking.

Not easy. I am looking for a full time job too
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Sarang(f): 10:03pm On Jun 14, 2017
Chelda:

Good morning,

please Which is the cheapest but safest flight/route from Nigeria?

Thanks

I don't really know sorry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AbbeyChristy: 11:25am On Jun 15, 2017
I'm sorry to divert but I need urgent help. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and submitted my paper application since April 25th. I've not been able to make any arrangements here cos what if I was eventually granted visa. Now my question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least. *Note, I was denied just based on travel history in April * when I have been to US 3 times and South Africa* I also had a child in d US.

My main question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least?
Thanks.
Kindly help and respond as I intend to write them later today. Thanks all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by expertman(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2017
Hello bosses,

Please How Can A Applicant Demonstrate or Phrases to use in SOP To Convince the VO That he will surely comes back to Nigeria after few weeks of Vacationing.

Note both LEAVE Letter and Introduction letter was attached to the Application while applicant is Married and also a Government Civil Servant.

would appreciate your response .

thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by feranmi84: 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
Helo house, please what's the best option... Apply online or Submit in person.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 5:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
AbbeyChristy:

I'm sorry to divert but I need urgent help. I'm 34 weeks pregnant and submitted my paper application since April 25th. I've not been able to make any arrangements here cos what if I was eventually granted visa. Now my question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least. *Note, I was denied just based on travel history in April * when I have been to US 3 times and South Africa* I also had a child in d US.

My main question is "Can I write d embassy to return my document ,so my mind can be settled in Nigeria to have my baby at least?
Thanks.
Kindly help and respond as I intend to write them later today. Thanks all.
Is it to return your docs after u reapplied and no final decision on it?
If yes, don't think it's necessary as u can make use of it later. Try to take ur mind off it but have enuf money at hand.
Option 1- please kindly book yourself a good hospital and medical team here in Nigeria with the regular ancs and al
Option 2- if granted on time, u travel immediately as u know most airlines max is 36wks.
Same happened to me, granted d Visa at 39wks,so I quietly stayed back and had my baby. Traveling later

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
feranmi84:
Helo house, please what's the best option...
Apply online or Submit in person.
Anyone, depending on your convenience. For me, submitting there(paper)

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AbbeyChristy: 12:19am On Jun 16, 2017
dimpules8:

Is it to return your docs after u reapplied and no final decision on it?
If yes, don't think it's necessary as u can make use of it later. Try to take ur mind off it but have enuf money at hand.
Option 1- please kindly book yourself a good hospital and medical team here in Nigeria with the regular ancs and al
Option 2- if granted on time, u travel immediately as u know most airlines max is 36wks.
Same happened to me, granted d Visa at 39wks,so I quietly stayed back and had my baby. Traveling later

Really ? Thanks @dimpules8. So how will U now do it ? Apply for baby ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by flow2davis: 9:32am On Jun 16, 2017
Hello house,

We applied for TRV since march, my husband just got his approved and mine still in progress.
I am considering writing CIC hoping to facilitate mine as we applied together online and intend travelling ASAP together.

Any advise pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Meggito: 9:50am On Jun 16, 2017
Hello, when in March did you apply and when was your husband approved. Also did you notice any update in your application?

flow2davis:
Hello house,

We applied for TRV since march, my husband just got his approved and mine still in progress.
I am considering writing CIC hoping to facilitate mine as we applied together online and intend travelling ASAP together.

Any advise pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Aykisbi(m), Primetouch1, olasubomy, oluayebenz and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.