Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2292019 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frank2075: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=Jawa post=58161149]

hi frank2075, you have been advised to use the CSE form so maybe you should try it. this is a very time consuming process and every single application is different so applications made on same day get approved sometimes several weeks apart. personally and in my experience, i do not believe the CSE and mails work because i have tried them and even had a sibling in canada contact the immigration office to plead for expedited processing but it didnt work. if its not your turn, others cant be kept on compromise so yours will be processed. there are conditions that qualify an applicant for expedition and if you dont qualify for it, you shall be queued. however, patience works. please exercise some. best of luck

@JAWA Am still waiting for that application of 3rd may 2017 and my Usa visa is still valid should i recall my passport please advice
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2017
Your brother is about to be scammed. They lure you in with "you will pay us back when you get there", then slowly start to ask you to make some payments for some bogus things. And when you don't get the visa, they will blame you (you would have been set-up not to get the visa anyway, its all a lie that they are assisting you).

Imokay:
Hello house, please my younger brother is claiming that an agent has offered to pay for his ticket,get him a job in Canada but he will be paying back the money once he gets in there​. Now he has been asked to provide an account with4M balance, payslips for 6months, letter of invitation and one other thing. He is very desperate to leave the country but my point has always been be legal if you want to leave. Now I'm suspecting the agent might be up to something... slavery or courier if you get what I mean. Please are there such sincere agencies? Advice us please.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chizm: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2017
Hello house. Please has anybody that applied on the 8th of May 2017 at Lagos Visa Centre gotten a reply from the embassy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:54am On Jul 19, 2017
Aktyso:

Thank you, please how can I get the GCMS note

Why didn't you try applying from usa from the onset?

Be on the watch on this thread it might be of help https://www.nairaland.com/3590729/processing-canada-visit-visa-us#58610941

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
wengerly:

ladyIco, I noticed you tried reaching via nairaland mail. I can't seem to open my mail. Kindly reach me on qualityhair99@gmail.com if necessary. Thanks.

Sent you an email ready please check and respond
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good afternoon house...

Please I need answers to some questions about my trv application.
I applied June through an immigration law firm based in canada.. Purpose of my visit is to visit my fiance and her family based in Canada.. We have had physical contact cos she visited I n my family here.. And we have both submitted all required documents.
My question : The visitation was planned for two months (btw July - August) , proved by my itinerary, health insurance n letter from my employer. My application is yet to be approved but I just want to know from the numerous experts here what the likely response will be since my initial was planned btw July n august... Will this application still be considered for approval even when d time I initial planned to travel is gone?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seg05: 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good day house,

has anybody applied for a Canada visiting visa from the Us?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Zoegirl91: 3:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please let me know if you hear something positive.
I applied same day but in Abuja.
chizm:
Hello house. Please has anybody that applied on the 8th of May 2017 at Lagos Visa Centre gotten a reply from the embassy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
Seg05:
Good day house,

has anybody applied for a Canada visiting visa from the Us?

Be on the watch on this thread it might be of help https://www.nairaland.com/3590729/processing-canada-visit-visa-us#58610941

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbfav: 4:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello Ifymeme,

please do have any upate?

ifymeme:
I got a reply to the email I sent and they said they're currently processing 21st April application.

quote author=Graceee post=58324667]@Ify meme
A friend of mine called the embassy paper route lagos on Friday 7th July. And the consular told him they were currentrying proceasing 24th of April as at that Friday. Just expect your application out soon.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 5:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
Next01:
Good afternoon house...

I applied June through an immigration law firm based in canada.. Purpose of my visit is to visit my fiance and her family based in Canada.. We have had physical contact cos she visited I n my family here.. And we have both submitted all required documents.
My question : The visitation was planned for two months (btw July - August) , proved by my itinerary, health insurance n letter from my employer. My application is yet to be approved but I just want to know from the numerous experts here what the likely response will be since my initial was planned btw July n august... Will this application still be considered for approval even when d time I initial planned to travel is gone?

Your application will be approved if you meet the requirements regardless of your itinerary. I applied for my mum in May to come for my graduation that was on the 22nd of June. Travel date was June 10th. Visa was approved July 5th. I don't think they work with our travel dates. Students get approval after resumption date has passed. So you might just need to change your travel date. Hope you didn't buy a ticket already?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2017
Sarang:

I am going to be honest. He just finished his apprenticeship and opened a little business. We want to get a business registration to show this and thats all I can we can think of. Is there anything else we can add as he hasn't paid any tax yet or employed anyone.

Also in the application form, they asked for ten year working experience, what should we write for someone who is has not been working for ten years?

Thank you guys for all your help I appreciate

Dear Sarang, just be honest and fill out everything as it is because only then can you vet it unbiased. dont try to 'package' the application. a Canadian VO is trained to see through the application without sighting the applicant. if you are not very convinced, it is better you wait or maybe visit him instead.
it is good to get a business registration and required documentation.if he hasnt been working for ten years, be honest about it. he has been an apprentice and is working to better his circumstance in his home country. with time, he will be more than established and this will no more be an issue. i really hope this works out well for you. best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
nampofo:
Wow. I don't understand this oo. On CIC website, a host doesn't have to provide income and assets documents to support ones application but an invitation letter with specific content and PR card or green card. So where from this reason for denial?

@MICHELLE001...
Sorry about the outcome of your TRV. i can now say that from several views and comments VISA is always refused based on an error or omission during the application.
I think personally that once you include an invite, then you must meet all criteria stated in their CHECKLIST.
Well done.....

hi Nampofo, because the onus is on an applicant, s/he can never have enough documentation to establish himself at home and show overwhelming evidence of an intent to return home. it is best to be prepared.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
Imokay:
Hello house, please my younger brother is claiming that an agent has offered to pay for his ticket,get him a job in Canada but he will be paying back the money once he gets in there​. Now he has been asked to provide an account with4M balance, payslips for 6months, letter of invitation and one other thing. He is very desperate to leave the country but my point has always been be legal if you want to leave. Now I'm suspecting the agent might be up to something... slavery or courier if you get what I mean. Please are there such sincere agencies? Advice us please.

hi Imokay, there is no way this is real. there are immigration schemes run by the Canadian government openly, not in secret.
desperation is what fuels the victims of these scams. your brother also needs to understand that its not all rosy abroad. things are hard too and its also difficult to break even. accomodation, tax, feeding, insurance, gas, light, waste, name it. you have to be outstanding to stand out, just like in Nigeria here. if he has 4million Naira handy, maybe he should consider doing a masters degree in Canada or consider the Express entry route if he is a skilled worker in one of the NOCs available.best of luck

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifymeme: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hi gbfav if you linked your paper application online then you should sign in and check the status of your application I bet they're processing your application now. something must have changed by now. As at the 11th they said they're processing April 21st application so I believe they should have gotten to 24th April.

quote author=gbfav post=58621952]
Hello Ifymeme,

please do have any upate?

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
@mesh2003 .... You will forever be blessed .. Thanks for pitting an end to a growing heart attack.. Haaa waiting for the approval first before doing that.. Did the first I had to cancel and I lost 400$ in the process. Many thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 8:50pm On Jul 19, 2017
[@mesh2003 .... You will forever be blessed .. Thanks for pitting an end to a growing heart attack.. Haaa waiting for the approval first before doing that.. Did the first I had to cancel and I lost 400$ in the process. Many thanks. author=mesh2003 post=58623456]

Your application will be approved if you meet the requirements regardless of your itinerary. I applied for my mum in May to come for my graduation that was on the 22nd of June. Travel date was June 10th. Visa was approved July 5th. I don't think they work with our travel dates. Students get approval after resumption date has passed. So you might just need to change your travel date. Hope you didn't buy a ticket already?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
urblackpearl:
Hello All,

I plan to have my baby in US, then fly to Canada a few weeks after having my baby and finally return to Nigeria from Canada.

My question is, with a valid Canada visitor Visa this multi city itinenary shouldn't be a problem at either POE right?

Hi urblackpearl, you are covered with this plan. Just have your tickets handy and story straight. Your new baby will be a US citizen and does not need a visa to canada and the CBSA officer knows this. Also always remember that haveing a visa doesn't guarantee you entry so be honest with your intentions and ready to explain your ties and itinerary incase concerns are raised. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=frank2075 post=58606086][/quote]

Dear frank2075, you know that only you know where this shoe pinches you so only you can decide. I look at timelines here for TRVs and smile at people worried after just about two months in . It used to be way longer. CIC's processing time guideline is only what it is, a guideline. It can take way longer depending on a lot of factors. My older sisters last TRV couple years back took 5 months and she pulled her passport so she could attend my other sisters first graduation in Accra. She applied the following year via online and it was approved in just 3 weeks
May is not a good time to apply for any visa. Everyone is traveling so patience is very key here. If you have no pressing need, please leave them to finish their business. It is wise. Best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by urblackpearl: 9:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jawa:

Hi urblackpearl, you are covered with this plan. Just have your tickets handy and story straight. Your new baby will be a US citizen and does not need a visa to canada and the CBSA officer knows this. Also always remember that haveing a visa doesn't guarantee you entry so be honest with your intentions and ready to explain your ties and itinerary incase concerns are raised. Best of luck

tnx a lot!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Next01:
Good afternoon house...

Hi next01, firstly, your chances can not be told. Only a Canadian VO can.
Secondly, I really hope you had taken out time to properly submit your application. It is often a great task to show adequate ties back home when a potentially great tie such as a spouse is abroad. What a VO is looking for is why you will come back and if it doesn't beat why you may not, s/he will refuse the application. It is also a total waste of money to pay for anything before a foil is affixed. US/Canada VOs dont even request for medical insurance for short stay visitors but you can't have excess documents and you should definitely not pay for any.
Lastly, and to answer your question in my understanding, when an application is made because of a reunion, the itinerary timelines don't always matter. Timelines are usually considered by VOs when it's strictly a business inclined visit such as a conference or symposium or such. However, as you are a working adult, it will bother a VO why you are spending 2whole months abroad. No employer will allow this as paid leave( unless unpaid break) and this will point a VO to question how significant your work is to you and your employer and consequently point s/he to think you may not return. Best of luck. You need it

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
@jawa .... A very big thanks for the well detailed explanation... My intention is to spend my leave with my fiancee and its a leave without pay.. Didn't want to lie, just want to be very sincere with the process... I pray it turns out good cos we gave everything.. In JAH'S Hands now. Thanks for your supports
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FloralR8: 3:13am On Jul 20, 2017
Hello everyone, good evening.
Has anyone who applied online in June received any results? I applied June 13th and hoping to make it to my brother's wedding in August in Toronto. Is there any way I could request an expedite of results?

Thanks for the assist in the advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Imokay: 6:26am On Jul 20, 2017
Jawa:

Thanks so much.
hi Imokay, there is no way this is real. there are immigration schemes run by the Canadian government openly, not in secret.
desperation is what fuels the victims of these scams. your brother also needs to understand that its not all rosy abroad. things are hard too and its also difficult to break even. accomodation, tax, feeding, insurance, gas, light, waste, name it. you have to be outstanding to stand out, just like in Nigeria here. if he has 4million Naira handy, maybe he should consider doing a masters degree in Canada or consider the Express entry route if he is a skilled worker in one of the NOCs available.best of luck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Imokay: 6:36am On Jul 20, 2017
[he doesn't have 4M handy, he said they will help him package the account like they used too a longtime ago. I don't know they still do that... I have tried to caution him but ...]

desperation is what fuels the victims of these scams. your brother also needs to understand that its not all rosy abroad. things are hard too and its also difficult to break even. accomodation, tax, feeding, insurance, gas, light, waste, name it. you have to be outstanding to stand out, just like in Nigeria here. if he has 4million Naira handy, maybe he should consider doing a masters degree in Canada or consider the Express entry route if he is a skilled worker in one of the NOCs available.best of luck[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dimpules8: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2017
Imokay:
[he doesn't have 4M handy, he said they will help him package the account like they used too a longtime ago. I don't know they still do that... I have tried to caution him but ...]

Just as they want to "assist" him with funding an account, they also assist other interested clients too.
The chances of being nabbed by Cic is 99.9%, and thereafter a 2- 5 year ban. That is if he will be allowed in after the ban. Unless if they legitimately want to deposit and withdraw money from his account for 3-6 months then he applies afterwards. If not, u need to keep trying to dissuade him.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SamReinvented: 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Please, what is the latest response so far? I think we have one May approval already? Anyone else?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Leleky: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2017
SamReinvented:
Please, what is the latest response so far? I think we have one May approval already? Anyone else?

what date in May? I've not seen any May response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frank2075: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
Dear JAWA
Thanks a bunch i will let them do their job

Dear frank2075, you know that only you know where this shoe pinches you so only you can decide. I look at timelines here for TRVs and smile at people worried after just about two months in . It used to be way longer. CIC's processing time guideline is only what it is, a guideline. It can take way longer depending on a lot of factors. My older sisters last TRV couple years back took 5 months and she pulled her passport so she could attend my other sisters first graduation in Accra. She applied the following year via online and it was approved in just 3 weeks
May is not a good time to apply for any visa. Everyone is traveling so patience is very key here. If you have no pressing need, please leave them to finish their business. It is wise. Best of luck [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
To the Canadian gurus, I would like to ask two questions please:

1. I plan attending a conference holding in March 2018; when would it be advisable to apply for a Canadian visa especially as they take their time.
2. What is the recommended length for a bank statement - one month, three months or six months.

Thanks in advance!

(1) (2) (3) ... (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: wunmit202

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.