Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2293726 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by paradisewoods: 11:52pm On Nov 05, 2017
Thanks so much
ladylco:

Not at all except you want to wash it for the people there grin

Just take your passport to vfs with the passport request letter that was sent to you.

one thing am not so sure of is how long it takes to return the passport back once cic is done with issuing the visa. maybe those with experience here can tell us. I did paper application for mine and it took about a month for me to get it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 12:02pm On Nov 06, 2017
paradisewoods:
Overlord,

Please I got a letter for my passport request. Just wondering if I have to pay VAC again for the passport transmission fee. See picture attached. Saw this on there website. Thanks

You don't have to.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Next01: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Please how can one request for the gmcs note ? And my second question house... During the spouse sponsorship process, can I still be eligible to apply for trv? Thanks.. @ladyco ... Buy onitcha bread come oo when returning. We applied the same period but my application was turned down last month. Enjoy the cold. Lol

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hello house, timeline update.

Submitted online on October 30.
Did biometrics same day.
Approved and passport request notification today Nov 6.
All Glory be to God.

Thanks to everyone for the guidelines. Thanks @travelpes, @overlord77 and ofcourse @jayfierce. I appreciate you all, God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
manlikegb:

Submitted online on October 30
Did biometrics next day 31st.
All Glory be to God.

Thanks to everyone for the guidelines. Thanks @travelpes, @overlord77 and ofcourse @jayfierce. I appreciate you all, God bless.

Congrats
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 6:17pm On Nov 06, 2017
My mother in law's timeline.

Online Application completed = June 27th, 2017
Bio metrics completed = June 28th, 2017
Passport Request = November 6th, 2017
Passport will be sent = November 7th, 2017.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
manlikegb:

Submitted online on October 30
Did biometrics next day 31st.
All Glory be to God.

That was really fast! Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by esseycoy(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2017
esseycoy:
How long does paper application takes to be processed event takes place in January and applications was submitted 30/10
anyone with idea of this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eddie12: 7:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Good day house, Please can I use my wife statement of account for my visit visa application to Canada. I'm a Nigerian and my wife is a Canadian citizen. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seckleymarvin: 7:57am On Nov 07, 2017
We were refused for visiting 1st of November, reasons ticked were travel history, purpose of visit and assets and financial status. How does one begin to address these issues, as for assets and financial status, a C of O for a piece of land, and 2 shares certificates were attached, me and my wife's account has funds of 9m joint account. Plus all required documentations were in place. I would have loved to reapply but isn't it wise to pull up the GCMS notes to address what the issue is first? Somebody epp me.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:12am On Nov 07, 2017
Seckleymarvin:
We were refused for visiting 1st of November, reasons ticked were travel history, purpose of visit and assets and financial status. How does one begin to address these issues, as for assets and financial status, a C of O for a piece of land, and 2 shares certificates were attached, me and my wife's account has funds of 9m joint account. Plus all required documentations were in place. I would have loved to reapply but isn't it wise to pull up the GCMS notes to address what the issue is first? Somebody epp me.
Yes you can request the GCMS notes.

Hope you don't mind me asking what you and your wife do for a living? Did you provide supporting documents to show this? Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Labsmith: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2017
Hello everyone, please see below my time line

Submitted on-line application July 10.
Did biometrics July 12.
Sent a mail and filled the CSE form October 18.
Approved and passport request October 25.
Passport pick up November 6.
Was given the duration of my passport which is 5 years. (No travel history, and was denied a U.K visa in 2013)

A big thank you to the house for the information shared and the encouragement.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:38am On Nov 07, 2017
esseycoy:
anyone with idea of this
No one can give you an exact timeline. You can visit the IRCC website to check processing times and contact them if your application has exceeded the processing times.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2017
Labsmith:
Hello everyone, please see below my time line

Submitted on-line application July 10.
Did biometrics July 12.
Sent a mail and filled the CSE form October 18.
Approved and passport request October 25.
Passport pick up November 6.
Was given the duration of my passport which is 5 years. (No travel history, and was denied a U.K visa in 2013)

A big thank you to the house for the information shared and the encouragement.
Congratulations!!!! Would you be so kind as to share documents submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Labsmith: 11:16am On Nov 07, 2017
jayfierce:
Congratulations!!!! Would you be so kind as to share documents submitted?

Hi jayfierce,

Documents submitted are
Letters from the office (Leave letter, detailed introduction letter signed by my M.D)
Payslips (6 Months) and company I.D Card
Statement of accounts (Salary and Personal with balance of about 912k)
Hubby's statement of account (He is the one sponsoring the trip)
Property receipt, proof of ownership for our cars (both cars are in our names)
Invitation letter from my Brother in-law(He gave his P.R card and pay slips to prove that he can host us) He also added pictures from Hubby's last trip.
Marriage certificate and a well composed LOE stating i would be meeting my other in-laws for the first time since they were not available for our wedding, and also how important I am to my company. That is about all the documents, I give all the glory to God, he made it look so easy for me.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by x2lambo(m): 11:19am On Nov 07, 2017
Please what’s CSE Form
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Labsmith: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2017
x2lambo:
Please what’s CSE Form

Apologies, it is not a form per say, you raise a CSE to enquire about your application if you feel it's taking longer than necessary.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 1:13pm On Nov 07, 2017
Thank you very much @ labsmith
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by esseycoy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
jayfierce:
No one can give you an exact timeline. You can visit the IRCC website to check processing times and contact them if your application has exceeded the processing times.
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Seckleymarvin: 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2017
Hi jayfierce

I run head of operations for a transatlantic logistics and ticketing company, all supporting documents were included, such as leave letter, introductory letter, pay slips, sworn affidavit to assure return, wife is a makeup artist, we have gone to Ghana a couple of times and in 2014 we visited China for 3weeks,we didn't fault any immigration laws. Only our last son has a virgin passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2017
Labsmith:

Apologies, it is not a form per say, you raise a CSE to enquire about your application if you feel it's taking longer than necessary.
This is their reply after filling CSE form.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2017
Seckleymarvin:
Hi jayfierce

I run head of operations for a transatlantic logistics and ticketing company, all supporting documents were included, such as leave letter, introductory letter, pay slips, sworn affidavit to assure return, wife is a makeup artist, we have gone to Ghana a couple of times and in 2014 we visited China for 3weeks,we didn't fault any immigration laws. Only our last son has a virgin passport.
Sworn affidavit? Why swear an affidavit that you will return?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2017
jayfierce:
Sworn affidavit? Why swear an affidavit that you will return?

That actually got me thinking too. It wasn't started anywhere in the check list,why would anyone swear an affidavit?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2017
manlikegb:

Did biometrics same day.
All Glory be to God.

Wow. Come and dash me from your annointing o. Where did you do your biometrics pls?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2017
mevisbleek:
My mother in law's timeline.

Online Application completed = June 27th, 2017
Bio metrics completed = June 28th, 2017
Passport Request = November 6th, 2017
Passport will be sent = November 7th, 2017.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jboyjoel: 5:40am On Nov 09, 2017
hello great minds, Please do one need to submit original documents for TRV or only photocopies of documents?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kaffy2016: 6:49am On Nov 09, 2017
Good day all.
Pls I need your kind suggestions and contributions to these questions.
My husband want to submit online application for a tourist visa to Canada. He will be staying for 9days in hotel. His monthly salary is 290k n it reflect on his account.
These are the documents he wish to submit:
Letter of intro from company, Employment letter, Leave letter, promotion leter, Statement of Acct with bal of 900k, 4mnts pay slip, marriage & birth Cert of our son, family pics, Consent letter written by me, Letter of Explanation, Education Certificate, Reg Survey of his land, Deed of Agreement, recommendation letter from former employer, copy of expired visa to SA, Malaysia, Myanmar, Hotel & flight booking.

These are my questions:
1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents?
2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances?
3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US?

I welcome everyone's response particularly the gurus.

Cc: Justwise, ladylco, Overlord77,Awelekiti,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozymes: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Congratulations and i tap fully from this grace
manlikegb:

Did biometrics same day.
All Glory be to God.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2017
[quote author=ladylco post=62046264]Just checking through my parents application now only to see a mail requesting for their passport sent since 1st of Nov, Visa has been approved,

Submitted their application online on the Fri 13th oct
Biometric request mail received on Sat 14th Oct
Biometric done on Mon !6th Oct
Passport request email received Fri 1st Nov! (what a wonderful way to start the month Thanks be to God)[/quote

My parents passports are now ready for collection, my mum's was ready since on 8th nov while my dad's 9th nov. My sister submitted their passports on the 6th but was told she cannot collect it on their behalf that one of them must come for the collection
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by solveabode(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Good day all.
Pls I need your kind suggestions and contributions to these questions.
My husband want to submit online application for a tourist visa to Canada. He will be staying for 9days in hotel. His monthly salary is 290k n it reflect on his account.
These are the documents he wish to submit:
Letter of intro from company, Employment letter, Leave letter, promotion leter, Statement of Acct with bal of 900k, 4mnts pay slip, marriage & birth Cert of our son, family pics, Consent letter written by me, Letter of Explanation, Education Certificate, Reg Survey of his land, Deed of Agreement, recommendation letter from former employer, copy of expired visa to SA, Malaysia, Myanmar, Hotel & flight booking.

These are my questions:
1. Any addition or subtraction to d above documents?
2. He was banned for UK visa in 2006 for false documentation thru a travel agent; should he indicate it in his Canada application, hope it will not affect his chances?
3. is d required passport foto d same as that of US?

I welcome everyone's response particularly the gurus.

Cc: Justwise, ladylco, Overlord77,Awelekiti,

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.