Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2292238 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nuelbrown(m): 1:41pm On Jan 03, 2018
Hello Everyone, I want to visit Canada for a Period of 3months or more, I have an uncle who is a Canadian citizen who can assist me, I still have the intentions of coming back to Nigeria because I still school here. I want to know if the visa would be granted easily.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lamide123: 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2018
Nuelbrown:
Hello Everyone, I want to visit Canada for a Period of 3months or more, I have an uncle who is a Canadian citizen who can assist me, I still have the intentions of coming back to Nigeria because I still school here. I want to know if the visa would be granted easily.
Thanks
No one can answer that question my brother. Check if you meet the visa requirements then make sure
you package your application well. The decision to approve or deny is the responsibility of IRCC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lamide123: 5:11pm On Jan 03, 2018
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by beekaf: 5:22pm On Jan 03, 2018
Please house what is the total fee payment for visit visa.I e visa fee and biometrics fee.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lamide123: 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2018
beekaf:
Please house what is the total fee payment for visit visa.I e visa fee and biometrics fee.
Application fee (visa and biometrics) is 185 CAD$
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2018
Ashirioluwa:
Application submitted online ............ December 30 2017
Biometrics ............................................ January 02 2018

Right now I am only waiting for favour from God

You shall be favoured from God IJN

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2018
ladylco:

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thacokeboy: 8:08am On Jan 05, 2018
ladylco:

Amen
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by theforce(m): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2018
Nuelbrown:
Thanks

3 months is a long time, you are already showing your hand that you can be out of your home country for long periods. Staying longer would be easy for you. Other issues may be age and how far along you are in school.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 11:20am On Jan 05, 2018
Good morning people. Please is there anyone who submitted application on or after 21 December and has heard from the embassy?

Also, please what is the modality for requesting for one's passport in case one needs it urgently and has not heard from the embassy on application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by WESTERNCR: 11:39am On Jan 05, 2018
Hello my good people.
Just a quick one! My elder sister's husband is a Canadian citizen and he wants his wife to him in Canada. Pls what's your suggestion as per shld he send her invitation or is there anyway he could take that'll make her visit quick and easy? Meanwhile she has a big fabric biz here in nig with good account.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 4:47am On Jan 07, 2018
justwise:

That is actually not true, inflow and outflow with little balance don't get you a visa.

Well, this may not also be true. Had about N1.7M balance when I applied to travel with my wife and kid but with a higher inflow of over 5M on one account and another in and out of over 7M in the second account over a 4month period. My point being?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2018
overlord77:

Well, this may not also be true. Had about N1.7M balance when I applied to travel with my wife and kid but with a higher inflow of over 5M on one account and another in and out of over 7M in the second account over a 4month period. My point being?

So you believe that you were given a visa because of inflow and outflow and not because you have enough for the trip?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:47am On Jan 07, 2018
overlord77:

You think N1.7m balance was too small to do the magic? A combination of that balance, the stated inflow and outflow (not to mention other advantages though) wasn't bad as a few of us might want to assume, erroneously too....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2018
ladylco:

Was your application a renewal or a first time application?

Good morning ladylco, how are you. Can you plz PM me here adeneyagriculturalfeeds@gmail.com.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 11:18pm On Jan 07, 2018
Adeneyagrofeeds:

Good morning ladylco, how are you. Can you plz PM me here adeneyagriculturalfeeds@gmail.com.

I think you should. I await your comm

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2018
Please someone should help me on this: how do one request for passport if needed and no information on Canada visa application yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:08pm On Jan 08, 2018
Omodadi2:
Please someone should help me on this: how do one request for passport if needed and no information on Canada visa application yet.

Try send an email, if you go through the tread, you will find the embassy email addresses.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 6:50pm On Jan 08, 2018
yungreezy:

Hi.

I've got some questions based on your post. If a PR intends to sponsor his fiancee to come to Canada on a visitors visa, can he expressly state the cost of the trip will be borne by him? Or the cost will be shared between the two parties as the case may be?

I'm aware there's a program for people to sponsor their spouses to come over to Canada permanently but from what I gather this process takes a lot of time. So getting a visitors visa and doing the process from there might be a faster option.

Please I need your candid advice on this. Any other person with info regarding this can chip in.

Thanks

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response, I barely come on NL these days. Coming from someone who was in your situation, I think I am experienced to respond to your question. I am a PR and my wife lived in Nigeria, she applied and was denied visiting visa twice in Nigeria. First, in 2014 she applied to come she me she was denied. In 2015 she applied to come visit her husband in Canada, she was denied again. LOL

Splitting the cost or been the sole financier of her trip would suffice. However, there is a VERY high likelihood that the visa would be denied. You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your fiancee will return to Nigeria after her trip. Long distance is hard, most times couple say they will go back but end up not going. If you don't know, if your fiancee comes to Canada and you guys get married here. She can remain in Canada after marriage and you can sponsor her inland whenever you guys are ready. Example: If she enters Canada in 2018 an overstays her visit visa, no matter how long she remains she is still eligible for PR if you decide to sponsor her inland. No matter how long she has been out of status for.

My advise: wait until you guys are legally married then send in a PR app through Accra. If you cannot wait you can try the TRV route but I would advise that you say she is the sole financier of the trip and include all financial documents to back your claim. I am so looking forward to knowing how your app goes.

Goodluck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 6:52pm On Jan 08, 2018
justwise:

Not possible to write the exam in Nigeria?

He can't apply for residency just like that.

The intent is to remain in Canada as a PR, the principal applicant is applying for TRV.............. DENIED!
Advise: Apply under the correct immigration class.... PR under express entry.

Goodluck
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chanbaby: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2018
Hi everyone I can see u are all doing a good job well done. I have few questions to ask.
Hubby and I will like to apply for a canadian visa to visit hubby's cousin she is inviting us over since we haven't seen for 8yrs now. We will be traveling with our 1yr old son that is an American citizen. We both have a valid Amerian visa. Has anyone with a valid American visa been denied a canadian?

I see the process is a bit fast now. Paper or online application which will u recommended. I am asking cos we are not based in lagos and hubby works offshore. Don 't want a situation where we will be called for biometrics or pick up and hubby will be offshore. How do u guys advice will run our application.

My hubby works with salary of over 300k+ monthly but he has other streams of income I am an homemaker. Just taking care of my son b4 I start to working.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mevisbleek: 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2018
Chanbaby:
Hi everyone I can see u are all doing a good job well done. I have few questions to ask.
Hubby and I will like to apply for a canadian visa to visit hubby's cousin she is inviting us over since we haven't seen for 8yrs now. We will be traveling with our 1yr old son that is an American citizen. We both have a valid Amerian visa. Has anyone with a valid American visa been denied a canadian?

I see the process is a bit fast now. Paper or online application which will u recommended. I am asking cos we are not based in lagos and hubby works offshore. Don 't want a situation where we will be called for biometrics or pick up and hubby will be offshore. How do u guys advice will run our application.

My hubby works with salary of over 300k+ monthly but he has other streams of income I am an homemaker. Just taking care of my son b4 I start to working.

Has anyone with a valid American visa been denied a Canadian? Y[b]es, having an American visa does not guarantee you a Canadian Visa. As a matter of fact, In 2014, my wife was denied a Canadian Visa, she has a USA & UK visa in her passport. [/b]

Paper or online application which will u recommended? No one can recommend a route, the current application timeline is 53 days. Apply via whichever route is more convenient for you. I find online route to be more convenient for me.

Don 't want a situation where we will be called for biometrics or pick up and hubby will be offshore - Unfortunately, for both routes, you still need to go for Biometrics. However, you can mail your passport to CVAC once your visa is approved. If you include a return envelope, they can mail it back to you.

My hubby works with salary of over 300k+ monthly but he has other streams of income I am an homemaker. Just taking care of my son b4 I start to working - Make sure your husband includes all his financial information, including but not limited to:
1) Paystub
2) 6 months account statement showing salary inflow
3) Investment Certificate
4) Any other financial information that you deem necessary.

Good Luck!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by esseycoy(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10, 2018
The passport of the 15 group members is out on Mon and they were all refused on the bases of purpose of event. They are about to appeal on monday please guys advise.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
esseycoy:
The passport of the 15 group members is out on Mon and they were all refused on the bases of purpose of event. They are about to appeal on monday please guys advise.

We can't advise on what we don't have the full details. You need to explain how the application was processed, on what capacity is their purpose of visit and the documentation submitted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by esseycoy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 10, 2018
ladylco:

We can't advise on what we don't have the full details. You need to explain how the application was processed, on what capacity is their purpose of visit and the documentation submitted.
they are 15 members representing olo**** fancy carnival in Quebec winter carnival it is sponsored by LILG and partly sponsored by Lagos st ministry of tourism gods power travels and tours and d likes the application was submitted via paper route with lots of document pictures statement of account.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaskinny: 2:31pm On Jan 10, 2018
Please house its my first time posting on here but im a silent reader. i have been trying to track my application,but it keeps telling me No details found matching the input values .... i submitted my application since oct 3rd of october 2017.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oluwaskinny: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2018
i submitted since 03 October, i haven't heard thing from them till now. its so disheartening embarassed. i just have to keep hoping it comes out positive.

Omodadi2:
Good morning people. Please is there anyone who submitted application on or after 21 December and has heard from the embassy?

Also, please what is the modality for requesting for one's passport in case one needs it urgently and has not heard from the embassy on application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yungreezy: 7:30am On Jan 11, 2018
mevisbleek:

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response, I barely come on NL these days. Coming from someone who was in your situation, I think I am experienced to respond to your question. I am a PR and my wife lived in Nigeria, she applied and was denied visiting visa twice in Nigeria. First, in 2014 she applied to come she me she was denied. In 2015 she applied to come visit her husband in Canada, she was denied again. LOL

Splitting the cost or been the sole financier of her trip would suffice. However, there is a VERY high likelihood that the visa would be denied. You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your fiancee will return to Nigeria after her trip. Long distance is hard, most times couple say they will go back but end up not going. If you don't know, if your fiancee comes to Canada and you guys get married here. She can remain in Canada after marriage and you can sponsor her inland whenever you guys are ready. Example: If she enters Canada in 2018 an overstays her visit visa, no matter how long she remains she is still eligible for PR if you decide to sponsor her inland. No matter how long she has been out of status for.

My advise: wait until you guys are legally married then send in a PR app through Accra. If you cannot wait you can try the TRV route but I would advise that you say she is the sole financier of the trip and include all financial documents to back your claim. I am so looking forward to knowing how your app goes.

Goodluck!

Thank you for this response.

I actually know about the option of us getting married and me sponsoring her from Canada. But my concern with that is the time it takes for it to get approved. I've heard it could take up to a year. If I land in Canada, while she's still here, and we get married in Nigeria. It would be so difficult to leave your wife and go back to Canada. That's why I'm looking for an alternative.

I have gotten PPR and have sent in my passport.

What option did you take after the visit applications got denied?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinka206: 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2018
Good job you are all doing here.Please I want to apply for a tourist visa with my wife ,she works with Nestle Nig Plc as a field sales manager while am into business .what do you think our chances are?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinka206: 12:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
allhavesinned:
Please house someone should please help me

I want to visit Canada with my family ( me, wife, a son and a daughter ) through online application route and please my question is how do i fill the form, I mean will i fill 4 separate form online like that of US application or will I fill one form for the whole family online. Again my daughter is a US passport holder and will be happy if someone will assist with list of documents needed. We have travel history like US and Paris. Please someone should help

I think if you have a valid US visa ,all you need do is just drop box.i got this information from a friend who just got his family US visa

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5873E.pdf

[b]CAN+ If you have travelled to Canada in the last ten (10)
years or currently hold a valid United States non-immigrant

visa and can provide proof (entry stamps in passport, proof of the
valid visa), no proof of financial support is needed.
[/b]

For all others, provide proof of financial support to cover the
expenses for the duration of your visit:
Copies of bank statements or bank book covering the past three months.
Any additional relevant documentation (employment letter, pay slips, proof of pension,
business registration, investments, etc.)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2018
House i have a problem I can't seems to get my head across, i am a married man 30 year old with 2 infant kids, I have well establish businesses and make enough mmoney. I applied for a Canadian TRV October laster year, but was denied sitting travel history, financial status and purpose of visit, we it rejection is my fault, because I didn't include any asset documents in the application. So now I want to reapply, with my land and car documents included, my problem however is I don't have any invitation letters to back my purpose of visit, my through intentions are to meet with suppliers of used mobile phones and used car tires with is the reason I stated in the previous application, please can any one advise me or do I just forget about Canada and look elsewhere ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ibrahim8358 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.