Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,860 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2293253 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prinzcharminn(m): 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good evening friends, please I need your help. I applied for a tourist visa through my agent and I submitted and did biometric on 30th Nov 2017. I was told it will be ready within 25-60 working days so I went home to relax but it's over 40 working days now, so I made some enquiries and was able to track it via vsf website and it displayed YOUR VISA AS BEEN PROCESSED. The date was 5th of December 2017 . 6 days after I submitted. So I went to collect it today and they dropped a letter in my application saying "You didn't pay for Visa and biometric and resubmit your documents " which I paid online $185 through my agent and I have the print out and it was together with the other documents I submitted. Called my agent n he said he never heard of so before that he paid bla bla bla... So I don't even know what else to do... Please help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 5:06am On Feb 09, 2018
Yeah, that is strange!!. I don't know how u were allowed to do biometric if they claimed u didn't pay. Online app can't be completed without payment. Even with paper app, u can't get to the stage of doing biometric without making cash payment @ VAC
I will suggest u go back VAC if u app is paper route or u send an email to Accra with the copy of your online app confirmation page if ur app is online route clarification.

prinzcharminn:
Good evening friends, please I need your help. I applied for a tourist visa through my agent and I submitted and did biometric on 30th Nov 2017. I was told it will be ready within 25-60 working days so I went home to relax but it's over 40 working days now, so I made some enquiries and was able to track it via vsf website and it displayed YOUR VISA AS BEEN PROCESSED. The date was 5th of December 2017 . 6 days after I submitted. So I went to collect it today and they dropped a letter in my application saying "You didn't pay for Visa and biometric and resubmit your documents " which I paid online $185 through my agent and I have the print out and it was together with the other documents I submitted. Called my agent n he said he never heard of so before that he paid bla bla bla... So I don't even know what else to do... Please help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NeyofeedNigEnt: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
prinzcharminn:

What you wrote here is convincing, you sound has if you apply through paper and online route. If your agent paid 185usd online and u did biometric, that means you applied through online which you don't submit any documents at the Vfs, so which document is there to collect at the vfs? And embassy will contact you through your online account. If you applied through paper route, embassy will never tell you that you don't pay visa fee bcoz they knew Vfs would have collect visa fee before biometric even if it happens by error the Vfs will account for that and you should have inform them even before you leave.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good day house, I decided to reapply again for a Canadian TRV on 21 January, to meet with and negotiate with my prospective business partners, I was denied last year with purpose of visit and personal assets, travel history as the reasons, so this time I include 2 land documents, my car document, and a meeting confirmation letter from one of my prospective partners, I also printed out our email exchange and attached to the application, but some days back I noticed a mistake on my form, the area where you are asked if you've been denied visa, or entery or permit was ticked NO wrongly, although I stated in my application letter that I had applied before quoting the date and application number, I also attached the refusal letter. My question to the gurrus in the house is, are my chances improved? And will I be baned for misrepresentation even as I stated my history in the letters and included the refusal letter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
prinzcharminn:

This your case is not straight forward. Did you apply online or paper route?
Did you physically visit VFS for you biometric and you captured your biometric physically and you have documentary evidence for this or your agent submitted and did biometrics on your behalf?
Do you visited VFS yourself for the collection?

The answer to the above questions with shade more light .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
Peterpan231:
Good day house, I decided to reapply again for a Canadian TRV on 21 January, to meet with and negotiate with my prospective business partners, I was denied last year with purpose of visit and personal assets, travel history as the reasons, so this time I include 2 land documents, my car document, and a meeting confirmation letter from one of my prospective partners, I also printed out our email exchange and attached to the application, but some days back I noticed a mistake on my form, the area where you are asked if you've been denied visa, or entery or permit was ticked NO wrongly, although I stated in my application letter that I had applied before quoting the date and application number, I also attached the refusal letter. My question to the gurrus in the house is, are my chances improved? And will I be baned for misrepresentation even as I stated my history in the letters and included the refusal letter ?

Quickly send them a mail notifying them of this error.

All the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Peterpan231: 8:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
ladylco:

Quickly send them a mail notifying them of this error.

All the best
Which address do I send this email to?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Peterpan231:

Pls read up the thread you will find it, I really don't have it. To get it fast, pls check the Canada study thread or request for it there am sure you will get a faster response from there.

Pls act fast.

All the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 10:06am On Feb 11, 2018
cry
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrking20: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2018
You can send a case-specific enquiry on cic website or u send an email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca if ur app is online or to lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca if its paper app.
Peterpan231:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2018
Hello gurus in the house, how do one knows if he/she was banned.
Please I need clarification here for paper and online TRV application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 12:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
cascas:
Hello gurus in the house, how do one knows if he/she was banned.
Please I need clarification here for paper and online TRV application?

Did you receive any letter from the embassy?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 1:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
justwise:

Did you receive any letter from the embassy?

No, not at all, do they send a letter to the individuals address ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2018
cascas:

No, not at all, do they send a letter to the individuals address ?

If you are banned it will be stated in an email sent to you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cascas: 2:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
Thanks Justwise, I have been clarified
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
Good evening house. It's been a while. How una dey, especially all the gurus in the house? I have not been here in a long while due to work challenges (been away for more than 6 months). Hope you are all doing great! I wish all the visa hopefuls best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bitcoinmilliona: 10:10pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please wat is the time line for visit visa. I submitted my application today
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by overlord77: 4:53am On Feb 14, 2018
awelekiti:
Good evening house. It's been a while. How una dey, especially all the gurus in the house? I have not been here in a long while due to work challenges (been away for more than 6 months). Hope you are all doing great! I wish all the visa hopefuls best of luck.

Welcome back.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 5:07am On Feb 14, 2018
awelekiti:

E ka Bo sir

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by juliusriches: 6:09am On Feb 14, 2018
GOOD NEWS FOLKS:
HERE IS MY TIMELINE:
Online Application Submitted (16/01/2018)
Confirmation of Online Application (16/01/2018)
Biometric Collection Letter (16/01/2018)
Application Received Confirmation (17/01/2018)
Biometric Submitted at VAC, Lagos (19/01/2018)
Online Application Status Showing 'Approved' (26/01/2018)
Original Passport Request (26/01/2018)
Original Passport Submitted At Lagos (02/02/2018)
Online Application Updated (05/02/2018)
Original Passport Delivered To Me By UPS (08/02/2018)
Checked My Passport And Visa Was Stamped (2Years and 4Months)
Thanks To You All Here And Good Luck To Those Who Desires Such Visa Breakthroughs!

8 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by basit322(m): 6:49am On Feb 14, 2018
Good day everyone how much is the visa fee tourist visa and am I to pay any amount at capturing of fingers print center
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tallboo: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2018
juliusriches:
GOOD NEWS FOLKS:
HERE IS MY TIMELINE:
Thanks To You All Here And Good Luck To Those Who Desires Such Visa Breakthroughs!

I tap into urs...Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by missoredipe(f): 12:07pm On Feb 14, 2018
Could you please kindly list the documents you submitted. I will be grateful

juliusriches:
GOOD NEWS FOLKS:
HERE IS MY TIMELINE:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EKPETI(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2018
juliusriches:
GOOD NEWS FOLKS:
HERE IS MY TIMELINE:

Congrat! It seems online route is faster than paper route. I did applied via paper route since December last year and still waiting for my visa to be granted.

Once again congrat because that is how they will congratulate me shortly.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Popowaa: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Hi everyone,
My fiancee got a job with a firm in Toronto, he will be leaving in September and he wants to go with me. Our wedding is in three months. For him his visa is secured but we don't know wether to apply for me as a dependent or apply for an entirely new visa for me with the help of an agent.
Please help with the best thing to do.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by careerwoman(f): 8:35pm On Feb 15, 2018
awelekiti:

Welcome back Sir
We've missed you.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2018
Great Stuff.

My kids own took only 4 days.

missoredipe:
Could you please kindly list the documents you submitted. I will be grateful

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bogolobango(m): 9:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
@juliusriches congrats pls what are the documents you submitted and do you have a good travel experience
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Omodadi2: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2018
Popowaa:
Hi everyone,
My fiancee got a job with a firm in Toronto, he will be leaving in September and he wants to go with me. Our wedding is in three months. For him his visa is secured but we don't know wether to apply for me as a dependent or apply for an entirely new visa for me with the help of an agent.
Please help with the best thing to do.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by crest2j(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
Congrats I tap from ur grant. Which visa is it?
juliusriches:
GOOD NEWS FOLKS:
HERE IS MY TIMELINE:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
ladylco:

E ka Bo sir
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Ekenem123, Confirm4real(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.