Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2303520 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fshady: 5:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Visa Approved! I applied online on the 16th of May, did biometrics on the 17th of May and I just got a passport request letter this afternoon on the 6th of July.

Just thought to update the house on the timelines. I don't really know how to start a thread on here. Please does anyone know how long it takes to get passport back after submission?

Thank you all for your updates. On to the next
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 6:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
Fshady:
Visa Approved! I applied online on the 16th of May, did biometrics on the 17th of May and I just got a passport request letter this afternoon on the 6th of July.

Just thought to update the house on the timelines. I don't really know how to start a thread on here. Please does anyone know how long it takes to get passport back after submission?

Thank you all for your updates. On to the next

Congratulations. Can you state the documents you submitted and your purpose of visit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fshady: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
Purpose of visit- Tourism(Summer Holiday).

Past travel history( Visa pages both expired andcurrent visas).

Sponsorship letter from hubby stating the amount he is giving us for the trip ( myself and little baby)

Letter from Hubby's office.

Hubby's statement of account.

My company papers.

Hotel and flight Reservation.

I think that's about it cos I didn't even know about statement of purpose.

ladylco:

Congratulations. Can you state the documents you submitted and your purpose of visit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 7:34pm On Jul 06, 2018
Congrats

Fshady:

Sponsorship letter from hubby stating the amount he is giving us for the trip ( myself and little baby)

My company papers.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ivy500: 9:33am On Jul 08, 2018
adefreshguy:
am also in your shoe

Have you tried sending them a mail? I’m in the same shoes. Applied 60days ago, biometrics 58days ago. They sent me a mail twice, saying thanks for my patience.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adefreshguy(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2018
Have also gotten that mail but just once and that was like 23days ago. It is wel, I know it will be a success for us all
ivy500:

Have you tried sending them a mail? I’m in the same shoes. Applied 60days ago, biometrics 58days ago. They sent me a mail twice, saying thanks for my patience.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olufemi99(f): 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
bubsykay:

I applied for a 4 days conference, stated I was gonna stay for 7 days and I was issued 6 months single entry visa which took about 12 working days processing time.
so is it possible to renew dat visa after 6month abi na straight to 9ja?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adefreshguy(m): 8:51am On Jul 09, 2018
got the second msg yesterday thanking me for my patience as if i have a choice. what is your intending date to travel? because my is November. can that be the reason?
ivy500:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ivy500: 2:56am On Jul 10, 2018
adefreshguy:
got the second msg yesterday thanking me for my patience as if i have a choice. what is your intending date to travel? because my is November. can that be the reason?

My intended travel date was July 1st. How about you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adefreshguy(m): 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
November, i knew them with delay and dey will now claim you dont have purpose of visit after delaying the visa
ivy500:

My intended travel date was July 1st. How about you?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2018
GOOD NEWS:

My Timeline:

Applied for Conference on 14th June, 2018 Paper Route.
Received Passport today with Visa till 2022.

I thank Jehovah GOD.

God Bless Canada and Bless Nigeria.

adefreshguy:
November, i knew them with delay and dey will now claim you dont have purpose of visit after delaying the visa

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Agbaletu: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2018
JahProv1214:
GOOD NEWS:

My Timeline:

Applied for Conference on 14th June, 2018 Paper Route.
Received Passport today with Visa till 2022.

I thank Jehovah GOD.

God Bless Canada and Bless Nigeria.

Congratulations!
Pls, how many days conference?
Can you list the documents you submitted?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2018
Agbaletu:

Congratulations!
Pls, how many days conference?
Can you list the documents you submitted?

2 Weeks Conference.

Document Summited:
My Company document.

Company Statement of Account as Sponsor.

Personal Statement of Account with less than 800k

Reference Letter from Company

Purpose of Travel

Personally Explanatory Letter

3 Landed Property C of O (Certificate of Occupancy) on my name.

Company Bill of Lading showing Business strength in Nigeria and Europe.

Hotel and Flight Reservation.

Thats much I can remember for now.

I was refused last year because of Travel history and Financial asset but I context it in a Letter because I had these requirement. I'm glad the Visa was Issued 2 weeks after I applied and I received my passport within 3 weeks after I applied.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2018
Fshady:

My company papers.

Please I received my TRV today but the it was without Picture. Is that how Canada Visa is?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 3:16pm On Jul 10, 2018
JahProv1214:

Please I received my TRV today but the it was without Picture. Is that how Canada Visa is?

Yeah.... Congrats!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Agbaletu: 3:19pm On Jul 10, 2018
JahProv1214:

2 Weeks Conference.

Document Summited:
My Company document.

Company Statement of Account as Sponsor.

Personal Statement of Account with less than 800k

Reference Letter from Company

Purpose of Travel

Personally Explanatory Letter

3 Landed Property C of O (Certificate of Occupancy) on my name.

Company Bill of Lading showing Business strength in Nigeria and Europe.

Hotel and Flight Reservation.

Thats much I can remember for now.

I was refused last year because of Travel history and Financial asset but I context it in a Letter because I had these requirement. I'm glad the Visa was Issued 2 weeks after I applied and I received my passport within 3 weeks after I applied.
Wow! I don't expect them to deny you a visit visa with this status.
Congratulations once again!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2018
Is there anyone that applied online, did biometrics on June 13? Pls any update on your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eme02: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house,

My wife just got admission offer from MSVU in Halifax for a master course program and really don't know where to start from. i am a total novice to this Canada visa application process.

We are in the process of applying for her visa but she insisting I should apply along side with her for a dependent visa with our 18month baby so i decided to check nairaland so we get it right once and for all to avoid waste of our little resources. .

Please I need the gurus advice on the above matter. insight (1) I completed my master degree in UK, but still need to go back for my thesis defense before I can get my certificate but I have my statement of result. (2) I work with one of the government agency in Nigeria as a consultant staff for over 2years while my contract is renew every year and my next contract expire July 2019. (3) My wife is working with NNPC on a year contract which will be completed next year April.

The take of my wife is that, I should follow her so that I can assist with our baby for like 3month why she goes to school, I have to been in UK for about 2 - 3 month for my Master degree thesis defense starting form January 2019.

My question is;
1. What are the visa application processes if we are to apply and can it work?
2. My uncle has agree to sponsor us with 40m in his account in addition with my father inlaw, my dad and myself bank account statement attached along side (is their any need for all this ?) and other personal investment (like house, land and my personal company is in operation).

This are my question for now.

anticipating for details responses on here please.

Kind regards
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Oshey9999: 2:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
ladylco:
Is there anyone that applied online, did biometrics on June 13? Pls any update on your application?

I applied online for a relative on June 7th, biometrics done on June 14 and no update till now other than biometrics that reads "complete." I hope this answers your question.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dasilva100(f): 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2018
Good day all,

Please I need your input concerning these:
My sister wishes to visit Canada before the end of this year to visit my brother who has a work permit in Canada. My brother stated in his invitation letter that he'll be responsible for all the financial commitments and accommodation. Please I'll like to know if this will likely raise a red flag. Actually, my sister is employed and has an account balance of over 2M. In other words, she can fund her trip. But my brother chose to sponsor the trip because he is the big brother.

Also, apart from my brother who my sister intends visiting, we have two other brothers in canada- one a PR and the other on study visa while I am a PR applicant. Please do you think all these will work against my sister's visa application?

Thanks all
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by LadyW: 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

M family friends (a couple) applied online for visitors visa since May 25.
Tracking their application status has not yielded much beyond the "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility". This was the status as at last night.

Please, what do you advise they do?
Thank you.

My intended travel date was July 1st. How about you?[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nolongthang: 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hi friends, I hope all of you are in good condition, please I want to know if all I need for an online application is pdf of statement of account or do I need to collect a special one from the bank. Thanks for the help.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 8:28am On Jul 12, 2018
Oshey9999:

I applied online for a relative on June 7th, biometrics done on June 14 and no update till now other than biometrics that reads "complete." I hope this answers your question.

Yes thanks am also enquiring on behalf of someone,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2018
Kilon happen. Are people not applying to CIC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2018
O ga oooo......online application now 65 days no update yet. Whose in this kinda shoe?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gg4real: 2:52pm On Jul 13, 2018
I tire oooo

ladylco:
Kilon happen. Are people not applying to CIC
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Morbolar: 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hi guys...my friend is applying for a canadian tourist visa - paper application and wants to confirm if the address below is the address for submission of documents. Just to be double sure. Also will the biometrics be taken same day and is collection of documents automatic or by appointment. What time is it advisable to arrive there.

Sorry i am bombarding u guys. Pls help.

LAGOS
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos
Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I – Lagos
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2018
Morbolar:
Hi guys...my friend is applying for a canadian tourist visa - paper application and wants to confirm if the address below is the address for submission of documents. Just to be double sure. Also will the biometrics be taken same day and is collection of documents automatic or by appointment. What time is it advisable to arrive there.

Sorry i am bombarding u guys. Pls help.

LAGOS
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos
Manor Hall, Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I – Lagos

Yes that's the address but you need to check with them for other enquiries
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 9:34pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello please help:
My valid visa will expire in 2 months time(September) same time with my passport.
I want to travel this month so l renewed my passport,
1. Hope the new passport will be stamped while the visa is on the old passport or do l need another visa?
2. I am returning in August before the visa expires, hope there won’t be problem at the Poe?
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 9:53pm On Jul 13, 2018
tripplebabygirl:
Hello please help:
My valid visa will expire in 2 months time(September) same time with my passport.
I want to travel this month so l renewed my passport,
1. Hope the new passport will be stamped while the visa is on the old passport or do l need another visa?
2. I am returning in August before the visa expires, hope there won’t be problem at the Poe?
Thank you.

Good to go.... Acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tripplebabygirl: 10:28pm On Jul 13, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Good to go.... Acceptable

Thanks l appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: dgov(m), mikeayus(m), maziemeka2024, Phemzin, Bukolab99, waleey27(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.