Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,374 members, 7,800,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2289803 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1085) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2018
It's not an offence. They will not ask you for the Original only photocopy of Landed Property is required.

lobby:
Please help me answer this, is it an offence if I add photocopies of my landed properties if am doing paper route..please help me am compiling now but other documents will be original,reason for land papers photocopy is because the survey paper certified by town planning is much about 10 page

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lobby: 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2018
JahProv1214:
It's not an offence. They will not ask you for the Original only photocopy of Landed Property is required.

Jahprov where have you been I miss you sha...hope you are ok and enjoying the cold weather in a hot goat pepper soup joint
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2018
OmoBendel24:
To the best of my knowledge NO, it doesn't. You will only see COMPLETED in front of Biometrics (Application Step) in the CURRENT STATUS bar methinks.....

Thanks for the response she contacted CIC and it was confirmed to her that they have received her biometrics and the application is currently under active review.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JahProv1214: 5:16am On Jul 18, 2018
Yes ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

lobby:

Jahprov where have you been I miss you sha...hope you are ok and enjoying the cold weather in a hot goat pepper soup joint
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newbeecey: 8:00am On Jul 18, 2018
Ohh great. This is excellent news
LadyW:
Congratulations GS......this is great news.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbengadaniel: 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good day guys!

This thread here is lot impressive, full of testimonies and positives. Congratulations to everyone who've succeeded in their applications and good luck to those processing.

I have a question, what danger does a host have if a tourist (visiting visa) stays beyond the required 6 months (just as in US case)? Will the visitor have opportunity to work or do anything after the expiry of 6 months issued at POE?

I have to ask this question as someone discussed this plan and I want to be sure he won't be endangering the host's image/reputation.

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ebonmic: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2018
Good day house, I'm doing paper route, pls, am I submmitting my original documents or just photo copies?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 12:15am On Jul 20, 2018
Gbengadaniel:
Good day guys!

This thread here is lot impressive, full of testimonies and positives. Congratulations to everyone who've succeeded in their applications and good luck to those processing.

I have a question, what danger does a host have if a tourist (visiting visa) stays beyond the required 6 months (just as in US case)? Will the visitor have opportunity to work or do anything after the expiry of 6 months issued at POE?

I have to ask this question as someone discussed this plan and I want to be sure he won't be endangering the host's image/reputation.

Thanks

He might. It may also end up affecting the chancrs of any other person he may want to invite. Let him know it's illegal to stay beyond 6 months

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EasyMoney007: 5:46am On Jul 20, 2018
Hello guys, I am a bit new I would live to ask a question.

Someone intends doing Canada's ETA for me but I was told, even if you are giving 5years it's for multiple entry poposes. That you can't work with it, if found working, you could be arrested.
Please I will also love to ask, can one after getting there do something else to finally be able to stay? And hope it won't affect anything later on? Please I need your advice, thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbengadaniel: 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2018
ladylco:

Thank you for this timely response. It's useful!

He might. It may also end up affecting the chancrs of any other person he may want to invite. Let him know it's illegal to stay beyond 6 months
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gbengadaniel: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2018
ladylco:

Thank you for this timely response. It's useful!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jolowizzy11(m): 7:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
hello good PeoPle ......
i would love to visit canada in december . what are the things i need to Put in Place to make it Possible.......tnks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 12:21am On Jul 22, 2018
Point of Entry Experience

Arrived YYZ Airport today from the US.

Walked to to customs area.
Went to the automated machines to scan my passport and filled an online form, printed the slip generated.

Approached a nice looking lady.

Customs officer: hello
Myself : hello, handed over the slip and passport
Customs officer: Why are you here?
Myself: A private visit
Customs officer: where will you be staying?
Myself: Hotelxxxxxx
Custom officer: How long are you staying?
Myself: xxxxxdays
Customs officer: Enjoy your stay, stamps the printed slip gives me my passport back.

Na so I enter Toronto, seems saner that the Cities have been to in the States

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2018
olumig:

Arrived YYZ Airport today from the US.

Walked to to customs area.
Went to the automated machines to scan my passport and filled an online form, printed the slip generated.

Approached a nice looking lady.

Customs officer: hello
Myself : hello, handed over the slip and passport
Customs officer: Why are you here?
Myself: A private visit
Customs officer: where will you be staying?
Myself: Hotelxxxxxx
Custom officer: How long are you staying?
Myself: xxxxxdays
Customs officer: Enjoy your stay, stamps the printed slip gives me my passport back.

Na so I enter Toronto, seems saner that the Cities have been to in the States

Enjoy your stay

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2018
olumig:
Arrived YYZ Airport today from the US....

Nice! Thanks for sharing your POE experience.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 22, 2018
jolowizzy11:
hello good PeoPle ......
i would love to visit canada in december . what are the things i need to Put in Place to make it Possible.......tnks

Read this---https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/apply-visitor-visa.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olumig(m): 1:09am On Jul 23, 2018
ladylco:

Enjoy your stay
Thanks. I am.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Saintp(m): 11:44am On Jul 23, 2018
Is there any possibility for immigration officer at the POE to stamp one year instead of the normal six months to someone on a multiple entry visit visa that lasts for 4 years?

Initially I thought one can only be given 6 months at a time at the POE but I learnt someone was given one year at POE, she didn't even know at first, it was when she wanted to extend it after six months that she realized she was given one year at POE. Does this happen?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2018
Saintp:
Is there any possibility for immigration officer at the POE to stamp one year instead of the normal six months to someone on a multiple entry visit visa that lasts for 4 years?

Initially I thought one can only be given 6 months at a time at the POE but I learnt someone was given one year at POE, she didn't even know at first, it was when she wanted to extend it after six months that she realised she was given one year at POE. Does this happen?

Find out from the horses mouth, never heard of that however nothing is impossible. I heard many years ago of someone who applied for canada TRV but got PR instead, I dont know if its true because I didnt see it. So ask for evidence not hear say.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shinner2010(m): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2018
please I can see from online application for Canada Visa that I need to provide invitation letter.
I don't have any relative in Canada, please can someone help me with the invitation letter. I'm going for tourism and my parent will sponsor my trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jpepper: 2:26am On Jul 27, 2018
Folks, my parents got their visa approved today! Yaay, wish everyone else good luck

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 2:42am On Jul 27, 2018
jpepper:
Folks, my parents got their visa approved today! Yaay, wish everyone else good luck

Congrats

Is this their first attempt? Did they apply online or via paper route and how long did their application stayed before they got approved? What is their travel history
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 3:21am On Jul 27, 2018
ebonmic:
Good day house, I'm doing paper route, pls, am I submmitting my original documents or just photo copies?

Go with both the required copies will be collected at vfs

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shinner2010(m): 6:17am On Jul 27, 2018
please I can see from online application for Canada Visa that I need to provide invitation letter.
I don't have any relative in Canada, please can someone help me with the invitation letter. I'm going for tourism and my parent will sponsor my trip.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:35am On Jul 27, 2018
Shinner2010:

Are you a student or a teenager?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 27, 2018
jpepper:

Congrats! smiley
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2018
My Mother-in-Law's TRV application was refused 2days back.

Reasons given are:
-purpose of visit
-personal assets and financial status.

I will order the GCMS notes to have a good knowledge of where we went short as I really was expecting a positive outcome. The plan was for her to go assist her daughter(a visitor to Canada herself who just gave birth in Canada) for a few weeks before they all return back to Nigeria being a first time mom. The only thing I can think of is that we didn't include her personal bank statement, and I thought it's not necessary since she's retired(above 60yrs) and I'm the one sponsoring her(which I backed with a sponsorship letter and bank statement).

Timeline: Online Application, treated in London.
Submitted June 13
Biometrics June 20
Refused on July 25.

Anyways, good luck to everyone.

UPDATE: October 30, 2018.

So GCMS notes came in and like I guessed before, the major reason for denial was stated that "VO was unable to assess Applicant's financial situation back in Nigeria, therefore not satisfied that the Applicant is a bonafide visitor that will return after the visit. Lesson learnt, and I hope this helps other future applicants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jaybaby2017: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2018
Hello House, please i need your great advice on this... my spouse is presently studying in Canada, he started school in January. We applied ( in March) to visit this summer ( myself and 2 kids) and we were refused ( the only box ticked was the very last one that says we have no social economic ties at home). My hubby then asked that we should use the consultants that did his study permit and they applied early June and 3 days ago my children's applications were refused on the following grounds
1.Personal asset and finance ( I submitted both dollar and Naira account with 3 land documents)
2. Document submitted could not be authenticated. ( I only submitted their admission letter and letter from their school. All other documents are mine which are very valid and verifiable e.g. company introduction letter (stating my earnings, approved leave period, my dependents, when I joined and that my employment is fixed) my tax clearance, letter from pension fund,payslips, tentative flight bookings,hubby's employment letter and payslip in Canada,Enrollment letter from the school, study permit, etc. )

Meanwhile I addressed the concern of the 1st VO's by providing a letter from my church since i'm the church administrator and I added it to the second application).

while my application is yet to be released.

Background:
I sponsored hubby application.
Have a good bank balance (Naira & Dollar)
We all have valid US and UK visas.
Very good job with IOC in nigeria

Note: Sincerely just wanted to visit hubby on our way from the US 'cos' we intend spending this summer in the US.

Hubby is frustrated and wants me to apply for SWOP but i'm not prepared to leave my job now.....Please advice a sister.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2018
manlikegb:

Eeya. So sorry about this. It is well.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adefreshguy(m): 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2018
so sorry about news bro.
that is necessary so that one wont keep making the same mistake.
manlikegb:
My Mother-in-Law's TRV application was refused 2days back.

Reasons given are:
-purpose of visit
-personal assets and financial status.

I will order the GCMS notes to have a good knowledge of where we went short as I really was expecting a positive outcome. The plan was for her to go assist her daughter(a visitor to Canada herself who just gave birth in Canada) for a few weeks before they all return back to Nigeria being a first time mom. The only thing I can think of is that we didn't include her personal bank statement, and I thought it's not necessary since she's retired(above 60yrs) and I'm the one sponsoring her(which I backed with a sponsorship letter and bank statement).

Timeline: Online Application, treated in London.
Submitted June 13
Biometrics June 20
Refused on July 25.

Anyways, good luck to everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (1085) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Bhevencious and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.