Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304051 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lotalways: 5:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
Application submitted 14 sept. Passport received today and visa granted. Mother was issued 3yrs and Son 4 yrs . So Happy. Tanks to all those who took time to answer my questions.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lotalways:
Application submitted 14 sept. Passport received today and visa granted. Mother was issued 3yrs and Son 4 yrs . So Happy. Tanks to all those who took time to answer my questions.

Congrats Lotalways.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lotalways:

Congrats. Worth the wait....
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tvegas(m): 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
Lotalways:
Application submitted 14 sept. Passport received today and visa granted.
Congrat more of such.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tvegas(m): 6:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
hopefulme:

Congrats. Worth the wait....
The wait is not for the impatient. Canada na wa. cheesy
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lotalways: 8:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
Tvegas:

The wait is not for the impatient. Canada na wa. cheesy

Tanks all. @ Tvegas very true. My plan was to write the embassy by friday to send my passport back to me if I don't get any response b4 then.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tariy: 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
kkokoma:

If you appeal/Re-apply detail in concise terms your stated purpose of travel and why it is relevant to you. Also detail your Occupation, Position, Salary/Income, explain all salient issues concerning your occupation/Source of Income/Asset/Statement of Account/Ties to Nigeria. In other words convince the VO why he/she should believe you would return to Nigeria.

Include as many relevant supporting documents you think are necessary.

In my first application I was refused on the grounds of Travel History, Personal and Financial Asset. I did not appeal. I waited a while and reapplied attaching my old used passport with used visas, Stamped Residence permits and entry/exit stamps, property docs, multiple bank statements, pictures, Employment letter and many many more. I then wrote a detailed 2 page narrative clearly stating purpose of visit, current occupation, source of income, funds for the trip, Assets in Nigeria, travel history and Ties to Nigeria. With Subheading and paragraphs for each topic. I referenced all the attachments in the letter and enclosed a table of content and a table of Attachments

I got the visa

Please I just don't seem to understand Canadian embassy. I submitted my application September 8th and my application was treated 5th November which shows they didn't go through my application before deciding.....

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 2:43am On Nov 12, 2015
Lotalways:

Congratulations! I presume that the expiration of the visas matched the expiration of the passports. Is that correct?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lotalways: 4:51am On Nov 12, 2015
thebaft:

Congratulations! I presume that the expiration of the visas matched the expiration of the passports. Is that correct?

yes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 8:54am On Nov 12, 2015
Lotalways:

Tanks all. @ Tvegas very true. My plan was to write the embassy by friday to send my passport back to me if I don't get any response b4 then.

Especially when you need the passport to make an urgent trip. its seems most applications take up to the 55days stated on their web.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Pen9ja: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi room... been a secret follower of this thread and want to say it's been helpful planning with the help of other people's experience.
Anyways, I submitted my application on 5th of October and got called for medicals last week 7th of November. Am sure my medicals wouldn't be a problem But I just want to ask if I can still get rejected for other reasons apart from medical result?

Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 2:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pen9ja:
Hi room... been a secret follower of this thread and want to say it's been helpful planning with the help of other people's experience.
Anyways, I submitted my application on 5th of October and got called for medicals last week 7th of November. Am sure my medicals wouldn't be a problem But I just want to ask if I can still get rejected for other reasons apart from medical result?

Thanks.

Is it visitor visa or Study Permit?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
thanks you all for your contribution

i work with oil servicing company. it my turn for company to send me to conference in Canada

i have never travel out of Nigeria

currently i have the below documents with me

my employment letter with 145,000 as salary after tax and pension

invitation for conference

my company statement of account

my company CAC certificate

introduction letter from my company/ and sponsor letter from my company HR

my marriage certificate

my wedding picture

hotel reservation not paid for.

my statement of account which i have less down 200k
I have a kid

please i want to know if there other document to add, the conference is just 3days but i plan to spend a week or two to explore the country

thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 10:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
I'm more concerned on your Bank statement with balance of just 200k and being a first time traveller it doesn't look good to me as an Individual. But God works in mysterious way. But your balance is not laughing at all

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
My company is taking full responsibily truout my stay
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tee12345(m): 1:08am On Nov 18, 2015
babachristos:
My company is taking full responsibily truout my stay

Then hotel reservation should be paid for (in full).
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 10:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Please someone should say something on this thread.. Who got visa and who was denied... Me am anxiously awaiting my passport

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 9:47am On Nov 24, 2015
RetailCity01:
[Expectation mood... 53day now. quote author=RetailCity01 post=39539347]Kindly and diligently work on you travel history, because I have apply with less than 700k and the visa was issue.

700k for visit or tourist?Do you hv a sponsor and invitation letter

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hopefulme: 9:56am On Nov 24, 2015
ibegirl007:
Please someone should say something on this thread.. Who got visa and who was denied... Me am anxiously awaiting my passport

How many days wait? them say na 55days processing time oooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
ibegirl007:
was denied canada visa based on
*purpose of visit
*personal assets
It actually took 53days before I was called for collection.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 8:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
@temitopede wow! This is sad... Very sad. I will be devastated if I am denied. I applied for me and my daughter. My first daughter is an American citizen and my husband a permanent resident holder in Canada. Oh lord hear my prayers. But this 54days is bad oh. I need to know my faith so I can purchase my ticket. Am scared now what documents did you submit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 8:31pm On Nov 24, 2015
Me too am waiting. The tension is annoying.All i see in this Canada visa is Gods grace,they don't seem to have any protocol they just give whom they feel like. I pray they call me soon because the waiting is not funny at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Truth is if you have high blood pressure.. Place don't apply for Canada visa... Please what Is SOP and SOA

quote author=slimgudguy post=40368475]Me too am waiting. The tension is annoying.All i see in this Canada visa is Gods grace,they don't seem to have any protocol they just give whom they feel like. I pray they call me soon because the waiting is not funny at all.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimgudguy: 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
canada VO are like native doctors,they want you to bring a white cock with black tail,a goat with 3 horns,an alligator pregnant with twins and at the end they will still find story to tell people why the gods no accept...God will deal with them there own is too much na heaven we dey apply for watin.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
ibegirl007:
@temitopede wow! This is sad... Very sad. I will be devastated if I am denied. I applied for me and my daughter. My first daughter is an American citizen and my husband a permanent resident holder in Canada. Oh lord hear my prayers. But this 54days is bad oh. I need to know my faith so I can purchase my ticket. Am scared now what documents did you submit
my observation: if the application takes 55days or longer you are granted, but if it take lesser than 55days, its 50/50 chances.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 10:51pm On Nov 24, 2015
ibegirl007:
Truth is if you have high blood pressure.. Place don't apply for Canada visa... Please what Is SOP and SOA

quote author=slimgudguy post=40368475]Me too am waiting. The tension is annoying.All i see in this Canada visa is Gods grace,they don't seem to have any protocol they just give whom they feel like. I pray they call me soon because the waiting is not funny at all.
SOP means statement of purpose
SOA means statement of account
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 11:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Kai you guys on this thread rocks... Temitopede 53 and 55 are the same... Did you apply for study or. visit
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 11:06pm On Nov 24, 2015
When you count the days, does that include weekends. I did not get a letter from my job cause am on maternity leave. I submitted my work id
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by temitopede: 9:59am On Nov 25, 2015
ibegirl007:
Kai you guys on this thread rocks... Temitopede 53 and 55 are the same... Did you apply for study or. visit
visit

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (1092) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: id4sho(m), dgov(m), Readwan and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.