Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:13 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2250284 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2015
thebaft:

Unfortunately ... none of us have data to show that foreign embassies are fed up with Nigerians and don't trust them because they persistently and relentlessly submit fake/forged documents.

Do you need data to show that? Why would you trust anybody who persistently lie and submit fake documents? So my question again to you is: Without interview how will you determine the credibility of such applicant if not through documents submitted?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
justwise:

Do you need data to show that? Why would you trust anybody who persistently lie and submit fake documents? So my question again to you is: Without interview how will you determine the credibility of such applicant if not through documents submitted?

Yes I do need data. I need evidence that Nigerians persistently and consistently lie and submit fake documents to embassy officials. This is a bold statement (more like a stamp) that has to be backed up with data. If you can't back up a statement, why make the statement in the first place? Data is one of the things that separate facts from assumptions. And honestly ... I do not have the answer to your question. tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
thebaft:

Yes I do need data. I need evidence that Nigerians persistently and consistently lie and submit fake documents to embassy officials. This is a bold statement (more like a stamp) that has to be backed up with data. If you can't back up a statement, why make the statement in the first place? Data is one of the things that separate facts from assumptions. And honestly ...I do not have the answer to your question. tongue tongue tongue

I think its pretentious trying to deny an issue like this, can you explain why it takes 8 weeks to process visa application submitted in Ghana while in Nigeria its 41 weeks?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

I think its pretentious trying to deny an issue like this, can you explain why it takes 8 weeks to process visa application submitted in Ghana while in Nigeria its 41 weeks?

And honestly ...I do not have the answer to that question too. tongue tongue tongue Any update on the status of my data request?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

I heard though not confirmed that Canadian visa applications made in Nigeria are sent to Ghana for processing.

To me, if an embassy denies me a visa, i simply move on to another embassy maybe.
Is it not my money that i want to spend? All the same enough of this jamb questions...

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
bodejohn:

I heard though not confirmed that Canadian visa applications made in Nigeria are sent to Ghana for processing.

To me, if an embassy denies me a visa, i simply move on to another embassy maybe.
Is it not my money that i want to spend? All the same enough of this jamb questions...

@ Jamb Questions.... grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
thebaft:

And honestly ...I do not have the answer to that question too. tongue tongue tongue Any update on the status of my data request?

Contact Perry John Calderwood
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 4:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Contact Perry John Calderwood

Thanks! But who is Perry John Calderwood?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsnja: 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hi nairalanders,
I have silently been following this thread and I need your help ASAP.
I plan to apply for a tourist visa to Canada this week. My daughter just got her study visa this week. The original plan was for me to accompany her to Canada but I didn't want to apply before she got her visa. Now I think it's too late for me to get a visa on time in order to be able to accompany her to school early January. The plan now is for her to go ahead of me if the visa is not ready by then which is very likely then I will go as soon I get a visa. My challenge now is how I will state my purpose of travel so as not to get a refusal. I intend to say i want to go and settle her in since i can't go with her immediately.
Meanwhile I have 2 relatives in Canada who are a citizen and a permanent resident respectively. I have a invitation letter from the one who is a Canadian citizen promising to take care of my feeding and accommodation while I'm in Canada.
As for my travel history, I've been to the U.S. three times and have a current 2 year visa, I've also been to the UK twice, India twice, Dubai severally, Senegal Ghana and some other African countries.
The only snag is right now I don't have a lot in my bank account.
So readers, what do you think I should do to better my chances?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by greeners222(m): 12:25am On Dec 18, 2015
@ mrsnja: With the level of your travel history I don't think you would encounter any problem securing Canadian visa, but don't go through your daughter, Just go with the invitation as if you only visiting your relatives and u have the Invitation, About your bank statement, I don't think you need a large statement, with your travel history with 600k you're good to go, just prove some little tie back home, like showing ur coming back to something, i am sure u wud get it . Goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damisakin(f): 2:34am On Dec 18, 2015
My piece of advice, apply as u going to settle your daughter, cic know your daughter is going to school and when applying say u accompanying your daughter to school to help her settle down
Ma, get a letter from work saying u are accompanying your daughter to school and they are aware
Employment letter
Daughter study permit
When applying there is a question of are u accompanying someone who just recently got approved of visa your answer is yes
There is high chances of you getting a visa with your daughter study permit than a relative invitation
School start Jan 1st week so put like Jan 3 u will be surprised how fast you get the visa
Applied for sister accompanying mum for visiting to canada Nov 4 or 3 visa out Nov 23 note travel date was Dec 18.
Use online to could be quick at times
Parent doesn't usually have problem getting visa as along has kids are here or on their way
Mrsnja:
Hi nairalanders,
I have silently been following this thread and I need your help ASAP.
I plan to apply for a tourist visa to Canada this week. My daughter just got her study visa this week. The original plan was for me to accompany her to Canada but I didn't want to apply before she got her visa. Now I think it's too late for me to get a visa on time in order to be able to accompany her to school early January. The plan now is for her to go ahead of me if the visa is not ready by then which is very likely then I will go as soon I get a visa. My challenge now is how I will state my purpose of travel so as not to get a refusal. I intend to say i want to go and settle her in since i can't go with her immediately.
Meanwhile I have 2 relatives in Canada who are a citizen and a permanent resident respectively. I have a invitation letter from the one who is a Canadian citizen promising to take care of my feeding and accommodation while I'm in Canada.
As for my travel history, I've been to the U.S. three times and have a current 2 year visa, I've also been to the UK twice, India twice, Dubai severally, Senegal Ghana and some other African countries.
The only snag is right now I don't have a lot in my bank account.
So readers, what do you think I should do to better my chances?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsnja: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2015
@damisakin and@greener222...Thanks to you both for your prompt response.
I see I still need to give some more information.., I'm self employed. I have a small business that makes an average of about 300k every month which reflects in my bank statement though I have just about 300k balance with 1miĺlion in fixed deposit. I have my business registration and my tax clearance is up to date.
As for ties here, my husband is not going with me, and I still have another child in high school here in Nigeria.
Do you stiĺl think I should present the invitation letter and still say I'm going to settle my daughter?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Top9jajamz: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Nlanders,
just a quick one.
If a pregnant woman is turned back at the POE,who pays for the flight back to Nigeria?

Also,going through the online route,what can i use as purpose of travel - other and how is that different from letter of invitation,how does one get a flight itinerary for visa application purpose without necessarily paying just in case visa is denied?

Thank you as you respond.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bodejohn(m): 9:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
Top9jajamz:
Hello Nlanders,
just a quick one.
If a pregnant woman is turned back at the POE,who pays for the flight back to Nigeria?

Also,going through the online route,what can i use as purpose of travel - other and how is that different from letter of invitation,how does one get a flight itinerary for visa application purpose without necessarily paying just in case visa is denied?

Thank you as you respond.

Your first question made me lol.
It depends...if you had a return ticket, you will be doing them a great favour...otherwise you should be on their bill.

You can book a flight on hold with any of the international airlines online free of charge but if you can't...a visit to any travel or ticketing agency should solve that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2015
Hi guys I tried to track my visa application... It says error 403. I don't have permission to view the directory... Today is the 52day.... Can someone please help me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

This is the extact words
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
ibegirl007:
403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

This is the extact words

U can check it now am sure dere site is working fine.cheers
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mrsnja: 8:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
author=Mrsnja post=41108518]@damisakin and@greener222...Thanks to you both for your prompt response.
I see I still need to give some more information.., I'm self employed. I have a small business that makes an average of about 300k every month which reflects in my bank statement though I have just about 300k balance with 1miĺlion in fixed deposit. I have my business registration and my tax clearance is up to date.
As for ties here, my husband is not going with me, and I still have another child in high school here in Nigeria.
Do you stiĺl think I should present the invitation letter and still say I'm going to settle my daughter? [/quote]
Just managed to submit today. Now the waiting begins!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 3:24pm On Dec 23, 2015
My people I was given the visa

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Wow I am so happy. Thank God... I was given 3years multiple entries and my daughter was given 5years

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eyeshaveseen: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
Congrats Ibegirl007 the wait is over now, enjoy your moments
ibegirl007:
Wow I am so happy. Thank God... I was given 3years multiple entries and my daughter was given 5years
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
ibegirl007:
congratulations.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teeboy22(m): 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
ibegirl007:

woaw.

Congrats ooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ibegirl007: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2015
Thank you thank you thank you..

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ayluvparis: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
ibegirl007:
Thank you thank you thank you.u.

Congratulobia! Enjoy ur stay.dat country is da booooooooooooom
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wokeyim(f): 10:18pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hello all. How true is it that Canadian embassy does not give visa to people without travel history. Hubby and I plan to travel next year for a holiday during our annual leave. We will also use the opportunity to attend the graduation ceremony of his younger sister. What are our chances of being given visa under the following circumstances;
1. We hope to be away for two weeks.
2. We have two kids but won't be going with them
3. We both work here in Nigeria
4. We hope to get a letter from his younger sister inviting us to her graduation ceremony.
5. Our passports are fresh. We have never travelled out before.
What is our chance of being given the visa and how many entries/how long may be given us?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
bubsykay:

I applied for a 4 days conference, stated I was gonna stay for 7 days and I was issued 6 months single entry visa which took about 12 working days processing time.

Nice. what conference can one apply for and other supporting documents to include ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ifegy: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2015
Wokeyim:
Hello all. How true is it that Canadian embassy does not give visa to people without travel history. Hubby and I plan to travel next year for a holiday during our annual leave. We will also use the opportunity to attend the graduation ceremony of his younger sister. What are our chances of being given visa under the following circumstances;
1. We hope to be away for two weeks.
2. We have two kids but won't be going with them
3. We both work here in Nigeria
4. We hope to get a letter from his younger sister inviting us to her graduation ceremony.
5. Our passports are fresh. We have never travelled out before.
What is our chance of being given the visa and how many entries/how long may be given us?

Well, you could try building a travel history first
https://www.nairaland.com/2789760/how-travel-world-developing-countrys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chykreal4: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
maternal:

Yes canada has a shortage of tradesmen like a Welder. You should apply as a skilled worker. If you get accepted go back to school and get your red seal. Red seal means you're qualified to work in canada, USA, or some places in Europe. Nobody acknowledges or respects nigerian qualifications here which makes sense.

If u wan actually stay only in Canada, u can do welding techniques which takes only one year instead of going for red seal . that would take u couple of yours .

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by thebaft: 11:59am On Dec 30, 2015
ibegirl007:

Just seeing this now. So the storm is over. Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2015
Chykreal4:

If u wan actually stay only in Canada, u can do welding techniques which takes only one year instead of going for red seal . that would take u couple of yours .
Welding techniques? A one year welding techniques program or course would only get you a labourer job in Canada. After working a while for a labourer, most times 6months-1 year, your employer might decide to give you a blue book(indenture you as 1st year apprentice). Now this is where the catch-22 is. To qualify as an apprentice, you need to be a PR or citizen.
It's also almost impossible to actually qualify as a journeyman welder in exactly 3years.

If you are a journeyman welder from a different country, you might be able to skip the 3 years apprenticeship program if you can show proof of your training, hours, and pass a red seal examination. Then you can apply for PR through one of the skilled immigration scheme.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alex406(m): 5:56pm On Dec 30, 2015
You returned to Nigeria because you are lucky to have something doing there, not like am encouraging people not to go back to Nigeria after their visit but there are so many ways to regularize visitors visa in Canada legally.
Good day bro,i have been following some of your posts are you are a very interesting person to talk with. I know you stay in the states and might have few contributions for people who wants to go to canada and make meaningful living. I am one of them,presently living in brazil, i wish to know the legal ways to regularize visitors visa in either usa or canada. I am planning to put in for visa soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (1072) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: mojisolani and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.