Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2305263 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chrisaham: 2:02pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pls fam, Goodafternoon how do I send money to my friend in Canada cos western union n moneygram has rili failed me.. I hav been battling all day to mak d payment buh dis bank guys keep telling me shii dah de hav exceeded der limit.. Thanks.. Very urgent pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nam16: 6:20pm On Mar 22, 2016
PM
chrisaham:
Pls fam, Goodafternoon how do I send money to my friend in Canada cos western union n moneygram has rili failed me.. I hav been battling all day to mak d payment buh dis bank guys keep telling me shii dah de hav exceeded der limit.. Thanks.. Very urgent pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BABSFREY: 12:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Just to drop a note after following for a while.

I did an online visitor visa application for myself and my wife. I submitted Feb 2 and did the biometrics Feb 3. After a long wait, I got a message from them on March 20, that we could submit our passport. I understand that a decision has been made. I did submit our passport March 22. We are now waiting for the message for a final pick up of the passport.

Can anything still go wrong at this point?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 1:34pm On Mar 23, 2016
BABSFREY:
Just to drop a note after following for a while.

I did an online visitor visa application for myself and my wife. I submitted Feb 2 and did the biometrics Feb 3. After a long wait, I got a message from them on March 20, that we could submit our passport. I understand that a decision has been made. I did submit our passport March 22. We are now waiting for the message for a final pick up of the passport.

Can anything still go wrong at this point?
C'mon today is 23rd of March, barely 24hrs after ur passport submission, just be calm u'll hear from them probably 2mao or after the easter holiday, u already have ur visa in the bag, congrats in advance, i tap from your blessing. Pls share the documents u submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BABSFREY: 3:45pm On Mar 23, 2016
andre99:

C'mon today is 23rd of March, barely 24hrs after ur passport submission, just be calm u'll hear from them probably 2mao or after the easter holiday, u already have ur visa in the bag, congrats in advance, i tap from your blessing. Pls share the documents u submitted.

Oh no! Do not get me wrong. I only needed to be sure that it is a positive response, considering that they asked for our passports. Thank you all the same.

Our documents were pretty straight forward. A letter of invitation and copy of the PR card of the host. Pictures that I took with the host long before now. Letter from my employer. Letter from my wife's employer. Our wedding certificates. My pay slips for the last 4 months. Her pay slips for the last 4 months. My bank statement (with slightly over N 6 Million). Scanned copy of our US and UK visas. Our Mortgage document for a property in Lekki 1. Registration document for an incorporated company in which I am a director.

Nothing major really. I did not have the energy to gather too many documents like some people managed.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by frenzy2000: 4:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
I applied for Canadian visitor visa in Jan 2016 via online application for myself and my wife. we were both given 5years visa.
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by joeburster: 9:28am On Mar 24, 2016
frenzy2000:
I applied for Canadian visitor visa in Jan 2016 via online application for myself and my wife. we were both given 5years visa.
[color=#006600][/color]

Hi there,
Congrats! Did you upload a return ticket when you applied? I am about applying for my mum to attend my spring graduation
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BABSFREY: 4:11pm On Mar 24, 2016
BABSFREY:

Oh no! Do not get me wrong. I only needed to be sure that it is a positive response, considering that they asked for our passports. Thank you all the same.

Our documents were pretty straight forward. A letter of invitation and copy of the PR card of the host. Pictures that I took with the host long before now. Letter from my employer. Letter from my wife's employer. Our wedding certificates. My pay slips for the last 4 months. Her pay slips for the last 4 months. My bank statement (with slightly over N 6 Million). Scanned copy of our US and UK visas. Our Mortgage document for a property in Lekki 1. Registration document for an incorporated company in which I am a director.

Nothing major really. I did not have the energy to gather too many documents like some people managed.

Picked up the visa today March 24. It was positive. Visa was granted up to the expiration of our passports in 2018. Not bad. Thank you all. Wishing you all the best as you pursue your dream travels.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kikiyeun: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
How true is this please, i heard that when you do your application through online, they dont confirm the documents you submit for application. Anyone with experience pls ans.
BABSFREY:

Picked up the visa today March 24. It was positive. Visa was granted up to the expiration of our passports in 2018. Not bad. Thank you all. Wishing you all the best as you pursue your dream travels.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kikiyeun: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
How true is this please, i heard that when you do your application through online, they dont confirm the documents you submit for application. Anyone with experience pls ans.

BABSFREY:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BABSFREY: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kikiyeun:

Hello. I sincerely doubt it. In my case, despite using the online application, I only got a message requesting for my passport after about 47 days. I am sure that the 47 days is not merely waiting time due to backlog of applications, it must have given them the chance to make calls and confirm details as needed. Outside of the US embassy, I doubt it if there are any other who does not confirm the assertions of applicants.

I know that the Canadian embassy weighs heavily the US visa, but then again, they know that the US hardly confirms information provided by applicants, so they may be interested in validating the information, notwithstanding the US visa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BABSFREY: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
joeburster:

Hi there,
Congrats! Did you upload a return ticket when you applied? I am about applying for my mum to attend my spring graduation

Meanwhile, they may ask for a return ticket, but you need not upload it. You can find other supporting documents to show that you will return to Nigeria. Examples could be her commitments to Nigeria e.g. work, family that she is responsible for, financial commitments (loans, etc.)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by georgikpons: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
I need ur help guys
a childhood friend of mine is inviting me for his graduation in canada by june.
The only challenge I have now is dat I dont have enof cash now in my account, I think I av oda required documents.
please how do I go about it
thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by guttentag(m): 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
georgikpons:
I need ur help guys
The only challenge I have now is dat I dont have enof cash now in my account, I think I av oda required documents.
thanks

How much do u have in ur account?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 8:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
georgikpons:
I need ur help guys
thanks

You need enough money in your account. Are you working? Are you married and do you have travel history?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by georgikpons: 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
Cala:

You need enough money in your account. Are you working? Are you married and do you have travel history?

I am working, married with two kids. I just embark on a project recently dat took cash away from my hands.
I av less than 500k in my account.
do the VO verify account statements before issuing visa??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by georgikpons: 10:09pm On Apr 04, 2016
Cala:

I am working, married with two kids. I just embark on a project recently dat took cash away from my hands.
like how much do I really need
thanks guys
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 11:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
georgikpons:

like how much do I really need
thanks guys

Ticket to Canada right now for one person is about 320k or more. How do you convince the visa officer to give you a visa with less than 500k in your account and you're married with 2 kids?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jaydenehis: 3:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cala:

Ticket to Canada right now for one person is about 320k or more. How do you convince the visa officer to give you a visa with less than 500k in your account and you're married with 2 kids?
Hi, please is an invitation letter and insurance letter necessary when applying for tourist visa? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cala: 5:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
Jaydenehis:

Hi, please is an invitation letter and insurance letter necessary when applying for tourist visa? Thanks

If you do not have anyone to invite you, you can just do an hotel booking, that is what I did. I don't know what you mean by insurance letter.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 9:37am On Apr 12, 2016
G am all, I applied for visiting visa on the 1st of febuary and I just picked up my passport this moring I was issued 2yrs multiple entry.

I submitted the following documents

1) marriage cert
2) statement of acct
3) Tax clearance
4)copies of previous visas
5) my birth cert,that of my siblings and my parents and same for my husband's own too
6) C of O
7) invitation letter, copy of PR card,bank statement and letter from place of work(all from the person inviting us)
cool all educational certificates
9) copies of my husbnad employment letter, and introduction letter from his place of work
10) flight ticket
11) statement of purpose letter
12) pension statement of acct
13) shares statement

It took 72 days to get our passports back .pls note am a full time housewife and I don't have a valid us visa. All in all it was God.

I was to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread may God bless u.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by andre99(m): 12:03pm On Apr 12, 2016
wayinoma:
G am all, I applied for visiting visa on the 1st of febuary and I just picked up my passport this moring I was issued 2yrs multiple entry.

I submitted the following documents

1) marriage cert
2) statement of acct
3) Tax clearance
4)copies of previous visas
5) my birth cert,that of my siblings and my parents and same for my husband's own too
6) C of O
7) invitation letter, copy of PR card,bank statement and letter from place of work(all from the person inviting us)
cool all educational certificates
9) copies of my husbnad employment letter, and introduction letter from his place of work
10) flight ticket
11) statement of purpose letter
12) pension statement of acct
13) shares statement

It took 72 days to get our passports back .pls note am a full time housewife and I don't have a valid us visa. All in all it was God.

I was to say a big thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread may God bless u.
You mean u bought your flight tickets or was it booked?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
andre99:

You mean u bought your flight tickets or was it booked?

It was booked

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by friendly101: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2016
@ wayinoma
please was ur application submitted online and for the pick up did u get an email or a text msg on ur fone ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omoba26: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
@wayinoma, Please can you send a sample of the statement of purpose to me please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 3:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
omoba26:
@wayinoma, Please can you send a sample of the statement of purpose to me please.

I will do so @ night
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
friendly101:
@ wayinoma
please was ur application submitted online and for the pick up did u get an email or a text msg on ur fone ?

It's paper application, I didn't get any notification I just checked the vsf website and it stated it's ready for pickup.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by realshel: 7:23am On Apr 14, 2016
@
wayinoma:

I will do so @ night

Pls can u send me copy of statement of purpose? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samnijazz: 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
congrats. Please can you send me copy of statement of purpose?
realshel:
@

Pls can u send me copy of statement of purpose? Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by wayinoma: 8:01am On Apr 15, 2016
samnijazz:
congrats. Please can you send me copy of statement of purpose?

I can't seem to get a hang on this pm thing. Is it ok if I post it here? @justwise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2016
wayinoma:

I can't seem to get a hang on this pm thing. Is it ok if I post it here? @justwise

You need to follow the person first before sending pm

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Beshibeshi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.