Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2304700 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2016
This thing tire me nor be small. It's just not fair to keep people for 5 months for a visiting visa! I mean Half a year to get a Visitors visa? Wetin sef? Jeez.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RossMehn: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
It's ridiculous can't explain it

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2016
Good evening house, pls is it original of wedding pictures we're going to submit or photocopy with the application @ VFS?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
Status changed today. Not gotten a notification yet though. Waiting on VFS to send my passport back to me.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 12:19am On Oct 15, 2016
jayfierce:
Status changed today. Not gotten a notification yet though. Waiting on VFS to send my passport back to me.

Congrats man! We dey day 149 for this sector.. Make I knack shades
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 1:00am On Oct 15, 2016
Congrats bros!!!!!!!!!!!!
bigfido:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2016
Congratulation my brother!!!!! Trusting God for a testimony like this next week.....
jayfierce:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by irebami16: 3:45am On Oct 15, 2016
bigfido:

Congrat Jayfierce... So happy for you. Finally grin grin grin
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 15, 2016
Over 134 days of online app for my bros. No news except the usual no update thing. This is really serious! I am getting discouraged to do mine.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:04pm On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks everyone! Bigfido, it is well for this 149 days oh. The Lord is your strength.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by zeus001(m): 8:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
jayfierce:

Congrats bro!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedReact: 8:03am On Oct 16, 2016
Jayfierce, no forget my shampain o!

@Bigfido, I tire for this CIC o. Person wey carry belle suppose don dey count weeks now self.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
RedReact:

@Bigfido, I tire for this CIC o. Person wey carry belle suppose don dey count weeks now self.

LOOOL.. E no easy o.. I am just waiting for my monthly emails today. It's 5 months already! Absolutely ludicrous if you ask me
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 7:01pm On Oct 16, 2016
zeus001:

Congrats bro!
Thanks zeus!
RedReact:
Lol, maybe bigfido wan born na. Sha, it's not a small something for 150days. I can't imagine what he's going through right now especially after the ghost update.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 3:48pm On Oct 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ladylco: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
sacredhearts:

Your gettin one year visa via online application is inline with the info available to me. I would really like someone who personally got more than 6months visa as a first timer via paper route to affirm otherwise though because I dont really believe in hearsay

Got 2 years applied in May got my visa in June via paper application, my pasport expires in 2019

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
I just submitted my application @leke now, hoping for God favour and his mercy upon my application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by misterbd: 10:03am On Oct 19, 2016
brotundes:
I just submitted my application @leke now, hoping for God favour and his mercy upon my application

Best wishes
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2016
Amen
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
@ Awelekiti, Please i need to discuss something with you, can I send u an email?
awelekiti:
what you can do is, put your mind at rest and hope for the best. If you're qualified for a visa, the CIC will not deny you one, even if the conference you were going to attend had expired before they were done with your file. You could still use the visa next time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Onaliaku: 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2016
Good day everyone, I have been reading all the comments and I must say it is quite helpful. I applied for my Mum and brother's visitor's visa on the August 31 through paper application. Paper application is very fast as, my mum collected the passports on the October 12Th, They offered my mum two years visa and refused my brother,.

Now there reasons is that 1) my brother doesn't have travel history and 2) purpose of traveling.

Here is the thing, both my mum and brother has virgin passport. This is there first visa ever. I want to rule out the travel history as a problem but the one I'm confused as anything is purpose of traveling. The same purpose I put for both.

Please can someone tell me what are they looking for?

Thanks!!!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 10:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
Onaliaku:
Good day everyone, I have been reading all the comments and I must say it is quite helpful. I applied for my Mum and brother's visitor's visa on the August 31 through paper application. Paper application is very fast as, my mum collected the passports on the October 12Th, They offered my mum two years visa and refused my brother,.

Now there reasons is that 1) my brother doesn't have travel history and 2) purpose of traveling.

Here is the thing, both my mum and brother has virgin passport. This is there first visa ever. I want to rule out the travel history as a problem but the one I'm confused as anything is purpose of traveling. The same purpose I put for both.

Thanks!!!
Hi. You didn't provide enough details for the house to help you on the path of understanding what went wrong. However, that purpose of visit is ticked doesn't necessarily mean he indicated a different purpose of visit as your mum. A deeper meaning can be obtained from the GCMS notes. This will give you more insight into your brother's visa refusal.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eddycross(m): 12:23am On Oct 20, 2016
BABSFREY:
Just to drop a note after following for a while.

I did an online visitor visa application for myself and my wife. I submitted Feb 2 and did the biometrics Feb 3. After a long wait, I got a message from them on March 20, that we could submit our passport. I understand that a decision has been made. I did submit our passport March 22. We are now waiting for the message for a final pick up of the passport.

Can anything still go wrong at this point?

Hi BABSFREY and everyone in the house,

I have read through almost all the pages but have been unable to find answers to my inquiry.

I am planning a holiday to Canada (on a tourist visa) with my wife and we have gathered all the required documents. We want to apply online.

However i am unable to figure out how I will apply and (most especially) upload the documents.

For instance the instruction states that

"One file will be allowed per document type. For example, if you are asked to provide multiple pages of your passport, you must scan and save all pages as one file."

"You will be required to upload every requested form and document. You will not be able to proceed to the next steps until you upload every form/document."

This is where I get confused.
* Do I make a single application for myself and indicate that my wife will accompany me?
* Do we make two separate applications? {i think not}
* Do i scan all the documents into one and apply {ie two application forms, two travel history+passports, two account statements, two employer letters, etc.. and BTW the application forms are so encrypted that you are unable to merge them successfully anyway).

Please help.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 5:03am On Oct 20, 2016
eddycross:

Hi BABSFREY and everyone in the house,

I have read through almost all the pages but have been unable to find answers to my inquiry.

I am planning a holiday to Canada (on a tourist visa) with my wife and we have gathered all the required documents. We want to apply online.

However i am unable to figure out how I will apply and (most especially) upload the documents.

For instance the instruction states that

"One file will be allowed per document type. For example, if you are asked to provide multiple pages of your passport, you must scan and save all pages as one file."

"You will be required to upload every requested form and document. You will not be able to proceed to the next steps until you upload every form/document."

This is where I get confused.
* Do I make a single application for myself and indicate that my wife will accompany me?
* Do we make two separate applications? {i think not}
* Do i scan all the documents into one and apply {ie two application forms, two travel history+passports, two account statements, two employer letters, etc.. and BTW the application forms are so encrypted that you are unable to merge them successfully anyway).

Please help.
If you've already started your application then take the questionnaire again with the same profile. Indicate that your wife will accompany you. Ensure you complete the questionnaire appropriately. All relevant documents to upload will be generated including IMM5713. Print, sign and scan this document.

If you haven't started your application then use the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eddycross(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2016
jayfierce:

If you've already started your application then take the questionnaire again with the same profile. Indicate that your wife will accompany you. Ensure you complete the questionnaire appropriately. All relevant documents to upload will be generated including IMM5713. Print, sign and scan this document.
If you haven't started your application then use the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp

Thanks Jayfierce, I tried this again - i started using the "getting started" link and also with the existing application. None of them gave me an opportunity to indicate that my wife will accompany me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eddycross(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2016
I think this is it.

"Do you want to submit an application for a family member?"

THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sacredhearts: 7:48am On Oct 20, 2016
Onaliaku:

Thanks!!!

They are looking to access your brother's probability of migrating illegally. If you tell us his age, marital status, employment/ qualifications and financial strenght it might be apparent whats amiss.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayfierce(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2016
eddycross:
I think this is it.

"Do you want to submit an application for a family member?"

THANK YOU
Yes. Godspeed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by brotundes: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2016
A friend is about to submit his application via paper with a sponsor turn over account of 500m and credit balance of 4.5m. His own account turn over 5.3m and credit balance of 300k,married and traveled to west africa countries 3times a manager in his company going on tourism to canada for xmas time only. Is he good to go? Am asking of his chances
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2016
Processing time reduces to 69days...... and am on day 84 kilo happen now?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Alutaprophet(m): 10:31am On Oct 20, 2016
Lord, I need a good testimony to share in this fora ooooooooooo
Alutaprophet:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfido: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Alutaprophet:

We dey 154 for here

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Nkaluu800(m), maziemeka2024 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.