Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,088 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2292124 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1087) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jixasi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 07, 2015
Sile12:

Sorry bro, it happens. Keep trying.

mehn true buh the annoying thing is that the reason is jux that i dont have enough purpose of visiting imagine that
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
jixasi:

mehn true buh the annoying thing is that the reason is jux that i dont have enough purpose of visiting imagine that

Na so bro, just dat dis life sometimes is somehow. Ive seen an applicant with "sophisticated" documents i.e millions accnt balance, good home ties&job, great travel history and was denied. Some will b granted d visa with just simple documents dat re not as good as urs&even with d so called virgin passport. My brother things like this, we should always pray for God's favor, when favor comes first, luck will wil follow, then d documents.
Pls how&wen did you apply, d process, submission, payment stuffs like dat?
If u won't mind 2 share it, wanna try mine soon.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
jixasi:

So sorry..Did you submit an invitation? What are the documents you submitted please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 10:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
jixasi:

Just left vfs office at Lekki I was refused visa...... Annoying.....
ooh sorry dear life goes on, please list the documents you submitted here ... You can wait for 90days before you reapply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jixasi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Sile12:

Na so bro, just dat dis life sometimes is somehow. Ive seen an applicant with "sophisticated" documents i.e millions accnt balance, good home ties&job, great travel history and was denied. Some will b granted d visa with just simple documents dat re not as good as urs&even with d so called virgin passport. My brother things like this, we should always pray for God's favor, when favor comes first, luck will wil follow, then d documents.
Pls how&wen did you apply, d process, submission, payment stuffs like dat?
If u won't mind 2 share it, wanna try mine soon.

I got a lawyer stamped invitation letter from my friend who is a citizen...
My sponsor's letter
His bank statement
His payslip
And a letter from his company
Dem all my forms well guess it's not convincing enough..... I submitted 2passport booklets the old and new the old 1 is filed up alrdy.... I travel alot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jixasi(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
Bostin:
ooh sorry dear life goes on, please list the documents you submitted here ... You can wait for 90days before you reapply

I got a lawyer stamped invitation letter from my friend who is a
citizen...
My sponsor's letter
His bank statement
His payslip
Dem all my forms well guess it's not convincing enough..... I
submitted 2passport booklets the old and new the old 1 is filed up
alrdy.... I travel alot

I applied 12march y 90days?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
jixasi:

I got a lawyer stamped invitation letter from my friend who is a citizen...
My sponsor's letter
His bank statement
His payslip
Dem all my forms well guess it's not convincing enough..... I submitted 2passport booklets the old and new the old 1 is filed up alrdy.... I travel alot

Jez, ur travel history alone is really convincing enough. Anyway, God knows best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by nicerichard05: 10:12am On Apr 10, 2015
Pls house, I want to find out abt Canada visa, I intend travelling with a visit visa nd den regularise it over there, I met an agent who told me it was going to cost 450k for 3mnths visit visa, that I would mak payment wen d visa is ready. My qstn is
With a 3mnths visa how soon can I regularise it over there cos I do not wish to be deported, I hav a job here in nigeria, whic pays upto 100k buh Wrking condition is too harsh, pls any1 with an experience should advice me. Thanks a million
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2015
nicerichard05:
Pls house, I want to find out abt Canada visa, I intend travelling with a visit visa nd den regularise it over there, I met an agent who told me it was going to cost 450k for 3mnths visit visa, that I would mak payment wen d visa is ready. My qstn is
With a 3mnths visa how soon can I regularise it over there cos I do not wish to be deported, I hav a job here in nigeria, whic pays upto 100k buh Wrking condition is too harsh, pls any1 with an experience should advice me. Thanks a million

Are you kidding me? That is CAD 2,799.04, if you want to apply for Canadian visa then this is the website you need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

Requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp

If you are going with the hope of converting the visiting visa to resident permit then please keep your job in Nigeria because its going to be almost impossible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RetailCity01: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2015
justwise:

Are you kidding me? That is CAD 2,799.04, if you want to apply for Canadian visa then this is the website you need http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

If you are going with the hope of converting the visiting visa to resident permit then please keep your job in Nigeria because its going to be almost impossible.

Sir, as a follow up to ur post,what if someone is visiting Canada with the aim to stay permanently while on a visit/business visa, what are the option for someone that did not have anytin doing back home.pls throw more light. I want to know if it not possible to stay and change status while in Canada. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RedCapChief(m): 2:37pm On Apr 10, 2015
justwise:

It is an enviable aspiration to aim to travel to Canada. However, let me use this forum to appeal to all prospective travellers. Do not travel into a country with a Visitor's Visa and then hope to 'regularise'(?) your stay. I don't know about other countries, but about Canada, it will not work. Visitor's visa is for Visiting.
Travel Agents will tell you anything to collect your money. That is their job. There are some lovely internet forums (NL travel section included) that can aid you in your quest. If you are literate enough to write on NL, you are literate enough to log on to cic.gc.ca and get information. When my family started the Canadian PR application in 2011, the number of agents used was zero, the amount of extraneous money paid out was also zero. There were many confusing moments but thank God for good Nigerians on internet forums.

In all, get the proper information and don't throw away your money on someone who is promising what he can not give.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2015
RetailCity01:

Sir, as a follow up to ur post,what if someone is visiting Canada with the aim to stay permanently while on a visit/business visa, what are the option for someone that did not have anytin doing back home.pls throw more light. I want to know if it not possible to stay and change status while in Canada. Thank you

That is almost impossible, i know people will talk about getting married to Canadian woman but that is easier said than done, How will you survive while waiting to meet that woman who will agree to marry you? Who will accommodate you throughout that period? I wouldn't encourage anybody to do that, forget about asylum because you are not qualify for one, no war going on in Nigeria, no natural disaster etc.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2015
Phema,it seems r u planning to migrate?
How's family?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RetailCity01: 3:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
justwise:

That is almost impossible, i know people will talk about getting married to Canadian woman but that is easier said than done, How will you survive while waiting to meet that woman who will agree to marry you? Who will accommodate you throughout that period? I wouldn't encourage anybody to do that, forget about asylum because you are not qualify for one, no war going on in Nigeria, no natural disaster etc.

Hmmm! Pls I want to know What about a situation of getting a shadow job for the period of stay in canada as a visitor.
I really need to know cos I have a 2yrs that will expire august 2016and also I jUst renew my US expire too 2017.asumming I don't want to over stay as you advice.will it be posible for me to find sometin doin under 6 month an return back home.travel and come back to same situation is also dangerous ,also I have inquire to to undergo a short training at York Construction Academy for 3month during my visting to enhance my stay.pls bro I understand you coment but I want to asume nothing is impossible due my circumstances here.And base on ur advice I will visit for six month to find out the colour of the moon in Canada.Thank you for your advice and stay bless Sir.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Bostin(m): 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2015
jixasi:

I got a lawyer stamped invitation letter from my friend who is a
citizen...
My sponsor's letter
His bank statement
His payslip
Dem all my forms well guess it's not convincing enough..... I
submitted 2passport booklets the old and new the old 1 is filed up
alrdy.... I travel alot

I applied 12march y 90days?
You can't be sponsor for visit/tourism visa, you also need strong home ties. 90days wait after a refusal not to look desperate to travel and get denied again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 10, 2015
moca:
Phema,it seems r u planning to migrate?
How's family?

No concrete plans yet. Not totally off my "to do list" though.

Family is superb! Yours?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by justwise(m): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2015
RetailCity01:

Hmmm! Pls I want to know What about a situation of getting a shadow job for the period of stay in canada as a visitor.
I really need to know cos I have a 2yrs that will expire august 2016and also I jUst renew my US expire too 2017.asumming I don't want to over stay as you advice.will it be posible for me to find sometin doin under 6 month an return back home.travel and come back to same situation is also dangerous ,also I have inquire to to undergo a short training at York Construction Academy for 3month during my visting to enhance my stay.pls bro I understand you coment but I want to asume nothing is impossible due my circumstances here.And base on ur advice I will visit for six month to find out the colour of the moon in Canada.Thank you for your advice and stay bless Sir.

No amount of advice here will do justices to your plan, give it a go and see how it ponds out.

Good luck though.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RetailCity01: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

No amount of advice here will do justices to your plan, give it a go and see how it ponds out.

Good luck though.

OK SIR,there is yoruba adage 'Ibi to bale lati ma nba omo okunrin.
I will keep you posted.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
Bostin:
You can't be sponsor for visit/tourism visa, you also need strong home ties. 90days wait after a refusal not to look desperate to travel and get denied again.

So if I have enough money and I decide to sponsor myself to canada for tourism. I wil be denied?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 11, 2015
Phema:

No concrete plans yet. Not totally off my "to do list" though.

Family is superb! Yours?
kiss kiss
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by aottravels(m): 5:49am On Apr 11, 2015
Godwin...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by canalarge: 1:30am On Apr 12, 2015
Dextra:
I know how frustrating it can be when you try to get information from the Student Visa session, all you see is "Medical hopefuls" and lots. I tried to find information too when I wanted to apply for my Visitor Visa. Anyway, recently I received a Multiple Entry Visa Canada So, the basic requirement are all in the website: Application form, Family information and all that. Now, other document to submit depends on your purpose of visit. You need to prove to the VO that you will return after your visit. When I returned to the country after my first visit most of my friends thought I was stupid to have returned and I even met few people over there who told me what to do to remain in Canada. I'm glad I was smarter and returned even before my visa expired. Believe me, I will never advice anyone to overstay. Plan to return at least for sake of next application. That is why they really want to make sure you have strong reason to return.

Items that will prove that you will return are: Strong tie to Nigeria, regular employment, fat account balance, assets, and previous travel history.
I hope this will be helpful to you.
I wish you success.

Did you use an invitation letter and how many days did they release your application, I have 10million in my account, is that good enough, e, Married with one kid. Pls advise me more, it will be appreciated, I have 6 months uk as a traveling history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arixreal: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2015
Please can someone advise me on way to do on my Canadian visa
I make submission on January and I did my biometric on January 28th since then I have not see reply if I track it, it will tell me is still being process in Canada embassy Lagos .but I submitted through online process
All my friends that do paper work have receive their visa that is not even upto a month
Please I need advice on that to do
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
arixreal:
Please can someone advise me on way to do on my Canadian visa
I make submission on January and I did my biometric on January 28th since then I have not see reply if I track it, it will tell me is still being process in Canada embassy Lagos .but I submitted through online process
All my friends that do paper work have receive their visa that is not even upto a month
Please I need advice on that to do
Did u check your cic account regularly for mail or updates?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adebasket97: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2015
same with mine bro. I submitted all my docs since early february, I used the paper route. I got a message from them on monday to submit " confirmation of appointment" of my position in my work place. I sent that on tuesday. Waiting again..... this canada ppl tire me o. I for don process usa. my pals 2years easily and was within few weeks (all virgin passport). I just dy pray make dm sha release my passport make I move to us embassy straight. prayer+fasting mood activated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by arixreal: 7:32am On Apr 26, 2015
Bobola86:

Did u check your cic account regularly for mail or updates?
Thanks I have check it Notting is there
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozzy2: 5:15pm On May 01, 2015
Hello all, pls how many months visa does canadian embassy give for conference purposes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ozzy2: 8:47pm On May 01, 2015
Hello all, please for conference purpose how many months visa does canadian embassy give?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RetailCity01: 8:36am On May 02, 2015
ozzy2:
Hello all, please for conference purpose how many months visa does canadian embassy give?

Base on my own experience I apply to attend a 4 days conference in toronto and also indicate that I will also be visiting some interesting place metion during dis period making total no of 10day for d journey. But to my suprise I was issue 2yrs Visa indicating visit and business.This may be due to my little travel histor but they can give more than that from what I found out depending on when your passport expired.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by RetailCity01: 8:40am On May 02, 2015
adebasket97:
same with mine bro. I submitted all my docs since early february, I used the paper route. I got a message from them on monday to submit " confirmation of appointment" of my position in my work place. I sent that on tuesday. Waiting again..... this canada ppl tire me o. I for don process usa. my pals 2years easily and was within few weeks (all virgin passport). I just dy pray make dm sha release my passport make I move to us embassy straight. prayer+fasting mood activated.

Bro don't stop praying and fasting, cos I got my visiting visa paper route in less than 10 working days. Wish you Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (1087) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: PedigreeCity, Derende(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.