Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,441 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Abbyy Finereader - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Abbyy Finereader (792 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abbyy Finereader by nembudziya(m): 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
I am a Zimbabwean brother, currently in Zimbabwe. Today I bumped into some slick/sleek software that could edit a scanned document using optical character recognition. I made a follow up to search more about thr software, and found out that this one program gained eminence, on this platform around 2006. Now this made me think that there are some more software(s) there are, but which I might only have read in the books, but have not come across practically. This one software is something that I only read in the big book, but never thought that it was practically possible to edit a scanned document without, trying to copy at a blank part of the page, and pasting it on the text you want to edit to cover, and then type in the text. Now my main worry is that i might be very ignorant of some technology, say, a pastor was telling me that he had communicated to a certain blind woman who was able to determine what was on a picture, and could also determine colour of objects sent by the pastor. I thought that's impossible, but well, I am now made to believe that everything is possible insofar as technology is concerned.
The pastor also told me that one can use blue pen ink to inscribe something, and then scan the page, and everytrhing in ball point pen ink would translate to word document so that there would be not be a need to retype the document as it would have translated from ink to word document. I also read in the books, that one can actually utter something by word of mouth, and reflect in a typed document so that there would be no need to type, so actually what you say is what is reproduced in the form of text in the computer.
My query now is that what kind of software can do all these things, because although such kinds of software are existential, they have not yet proliferated into the developing world, as they may be found ubiquitous in the developed world. I am sure such kind technology is little,if any, in Zimbabwe as it is in other developing nations alike. Could someone post links of where i can obtain any of the software that does anything within my query, together with their names. Thank you.
Re: Abbyy Finereader by bigl: 10:29pm On Jan 20, 2015
Ohh yeah! There are many softwares that do various stuffs. I've just been fortunate to experiment a little with some abt a couple of years back even though I can't really say much now cos of patents rights, companies buying up companies etc, as led to d clamping down of some stuffs.

As per voice to type softwares ( u dictate and it types, Dragon Naturally Speaking does nice job. Even microsoft office xp also has that feature.

For blue pen ink writing to computer text, I've nt had the time to try them out.

But as far as abbyy is concerned, I've been using the software for donkey years. Especially a variant of abbyy fine reader and its called abbyy scan to office. I use it constantly and it works.

For additional info, buzz me via whatsapp or bb messenger! Bye!
Re: Abbyy Finereader by psammyJ(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2016
bigl:
Ohh yeah! There are many softwares that do various stuffs. I've just been fortunate to experiment a little with some abt a couple of years back even though I can't really say much now cos of patents rights, companies buying up companies etc, as led to d clamping down of some stuffs.

As per voice to type softwares ( u dictate and it types, Dragon Naturally Speaking does nice job. Even microsoft office xp also has that feature.

For blue pen ink writing to computer text, I've nt had the time to try them out.

But as far as abbyy is concerned, I've been using the software for donkey years. Especially a variant of abbyy fine reader and its called abbyy scan to office. I use it constantly and it works.

For additional info, buzz me via whatsapp or bb messenger! Bye!
Pls can you help with the link to download the raw file or could you pls help wif the raw file..thanks
Re: Abbyy Finereader by bigl: 11:32am On May 27, 2016
psammyJ:

Pls can you help with the link to download the raw file or could you pls help wif the raw file..thanks

What I try to do is to get u d one I have! It's deeply buried inside my 2tb hdds.

Drop ur email or buzz me via whatsapp! (8003 431 1147) and see how I can transfer

(1) (Reply)

Calls For Buhari To Implement Cybercrime Bill / Six Tips On How To Recognise A Really Genuine And Sincere Internet Guru / Generating Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.