Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Need For Speed - Most Wanted - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Need For Speed - Most Wanted (1306 Views)

Urgent Need For A Soft Copy Of The Book - Why We Took The Car! / Top 6 (s)killful Effect You Need For That Story / Articles Writers Need For A Hot New Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Shadowbean(m): 10:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
PILOT

Lifting machines rumbled with workers screaming orders at each other. Custom Officers were busy moving about taking record and doing checks. All the hustle and cacophony of a major seaport.

There was a lot of focus on one large container. With the grinding of gears, a crane lifted it up from the hull of a ship onto the trailer of a red Scania truck.

A high ranking Duties Officer swirled about on an executive chair inside his luxurious office, he was intent on listening to what a guest had to say. His deputy, a tall potbellied man stood by his side, smiling raptorously. A Driver sat in one of the chairs usually reserved for visitors before bringing out a fattened brown envelope.

"I appreciate the way other 'Ogas' at the top helped out, my Boss is on his way. He just told me to give this to you to show thanks". The driver spoke gingerly before pushing the envelope forward on the mahogany table between them, a frown appeared on the Duties Officer's face.

"I can't accept this, all your paper's were cleared" replied the duties officer unlike his deputy who was clamouring for the envelope, the duties officer seemed to notice.

"You can give it to my deputy here, I have a meeting to attend to" concluded the duties officer who stood up to leave the way you office only to be stopped by the driver who proceeded to kneel down to beg.

"Please, If you don't take this, My boss might sack me feeling that I was rude" pleaded the driver, reverting to his native tongue. The Duties Officer decided to take it.

"What about me?" asked the Deputy. He always wanted cuts and kickbacks.

"Maybe my Boss will see you". The Deputy went red with rage at home hearing the word maybe. This stupid driver was trying to make him look like a long throat. He banged on the table, nonsense!

But the Duties Officer was gone and the Driver also.

The Deputy pushed some numbers on a telephone dial on the table and connected a call.

"Yes, you have a red truck coming your side soon, I will send you the plate number and other identification details" said the deputy on the call before hanging up. He was going to get his own cut anyway now.

"We are on the job" came the reply from the other side.

"If you don’t talk money, omo don’t show up
If you don’t drive cars, omo don’t show up" Wizkid and MI's record blared off the stereo with the Driver humming to the beat as he flung the great truck down the highway. The headlights continued to bore a bright tunnel through the walls of night but they were not alone.

A trio of blue Nissan GT-R's caught up with the truck before coming out of their blurring speed. The cars looked shiny and invincible with their steel armored vinyl body. Their undercarriage glowed green with neon and they all had the trademark burning four round lamplights. Then the cars began to overtake the truck systemically on both sides. Soon they had formed an agressive formation around the truck with the leader in front and the other two cars on the left and right sides sandwiching the truck driver in the centre like security aides guarding a head of state.

The truck driver thought everything was normal until the roof of the leading car popped open and a masked man armed with crossbow stuck his body out, he was a hijacker. The truck driver tried to swerve out of formation and knock out the barricading car on the left side.

It was time to make use of the 1200 horsepower the GT-R's carried. One of the cars on the side tackled the big truck with enough force to send it back into formation and with minimal damage to the body. The masked man drew an arrow fitted with a grappling hook and pulled it on the bow before firing.

The grappling caught a part of the glass and a yank on the arrow pulled it out. The hole was big enough for an adult to crawl through. The Truck driver grabbed a baton from underneath his seat, nothing was crawling through that hole. The Masked man leaped from the car's roof and caught the hole with his hands. A heavy blow from the baton left him hanging on one hand.

The Truck driver raised the baton high up in a bid to strike the finishing blow when the car on the left muscled up snd smashed into the truck. The Impact was enough to send the driver crashing back into his seat leaving enough time for the Hijacker to climb in. The driver tried to retaliate only to receive a stab from a green needle. He began feeling dowsy and the last thing he remebered was seeing the truck drive into the distance like a mirage after he was pushed off and then he blacked out.

-

I was inspired by the original NFS - Most Wanted game and the Fast and Furious movie. Imagine seeing Nollywood creating something with real race and chase scenes,High octane and having cars like Bugatti, Lamborghini etc. Truth is that it won't happen so I decided to write something on this genre. It may end up being disappointing but go ahead and Show your boy some love and support.

Bloomingbud ( f ), Chubbiehills
( f ), Kizmarty( m), ruffhandu , jojoluv , disguyz ( m),
Poddy( m ), Kuzaku ( m ), Oahray, hormoryhemii( m ),
vickchi94 ( f ), bejeria101 ( m), hebraheem20 ( m ),
Bhenehdikt ( m ), Matilda77 ( f ), Onemansquad( m ),
tbrown90 , Nestarules( m ), almacherish ( f ), kwende
( m ), LarrySun(m), Iyemik, Ormorlehwah( f ),
Eke40seven ( m ), Naturehibrid , Emmotion,
systacee, aydupy, traecey ( f ), ethereal ( f ),
vickyfrancis1 ( m ), Hydriss, Oolayeancah ( f ), Ksslib
( m), jenyna , ShaazyScientist ( m ),
Shugaryme ( f ), Amaka10101 ( f ), fabiano09( m ),
crystalsaint( f ), coldsoup ( m ), estluv( f ),
whitemosquito ( f )

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by CrazyScientist: 10:49pm On Jan 20, 2015
grin laughing in Swahili, good job though cheesy
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Shadowbean(m): 11:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Thanks. I'm noticing my errors and will improve in the next update.
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:17am On Jan 21, 2015
*watching Silently *
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
nice job...

don't stop
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Shadowbean(m): 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
I just noticed a huge glitch in my future work, so I have fixing to do. Do not panic guys. NFS will be back.
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by ruffhandu: 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
I have really wondered when we'll start having some serious well-stunted action movies in Naija. I know I'll meet like-minded people one day and we'll make this happen.

You dey try my brother. May your imaginations not fail you.
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by hormoryhemii(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2015
kudos to you bro, ama keep following till the end, and a piece of advice-constant update is the magic... jah bless.
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by traecey(f): 1:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
Shadowbean:
PILOT

Lifting machines rumbled with workers screaming orders at each other. Custom Officers were busy moving about taking record and doing checks. All the hustle and cacophony of a major seaport.

There was a lot of focus on one large container. With the grinding of gears, a crane lifted it up from the hull of a ship onto the trailer of a red Scania truck.

A high ranking Duties Officer swirled about on an executive chair inside his luxurious office, he was intent on listening to what a guest had to say. His deputy, a tall potbellied man stood by his side, smiling raptorously. A Driver sat in one of the chairs usually reserved for visitors before bringing out a fattened brown envelope.

"I appreciate the way other 'Ogas' at the top helped out, my Boss is on his way. He just told me to give this to you to show thanks". The driver spoke gingerly before pushing the envelope forward on the mahogany table between them, a frown appeared on the Duties Officer's face.

"I can't accept this, all your paper's were cleared" replied the duties officer unlike his deputy who was clamouring for the envelope, the duties officer seemed to notice.

"You can give it to my deputy here, I have a meeting to attend to" concluded the duties officer who stood up to leave the way you office only to be stopped by the driver who proceeded to kneel down to beg.

"Please, If you don't take this, My boss might sack me feeling that I was rude" pleaded the driver, reverting to his native tongue. The Duties Officer decided to take it.

"What about me?" asked the Deputy. He always wanted cuts and kickbacks.

"Maybe my Boss will see you". The Deputy went red with rage at home hearing the word maybe. This stupid driver was trying to make him look like a long throat. He banged on the table, nonsense!

But the Duties Officer was gone and the Driver also.

The Deputy pushed some numbers on a telephone dial on the table and connected a call.

"Yes, you have a red truck coming your side soon, I will send you the plate number and other identification details" said the deputy on the call before hanging up. He was going to get his own cut anyway now.

"We are on the job" came the reply from the other side.

"If you don’t talk money, omo don’t show up
If you don’t drive cars, omo don’t show up" Wizkid and MI's record blared off the stereo with the Driver humming to the beat as he flung the great truck down the highway. The headlights continued to bore a bright tunnel through the walls of night but they were not alone.

A trio of blue Nissan GT-R's caught up with the truck before coming out of their blurring speed. The cars looked shiny and invincible with their steel armored vinyl body. Their undercarriage glowed green with neon and they all had the trademark burning four round lamplights. Then the cars began to overtake the truck systemically on both sides. Soon they had formed an agressive formation around the truck with the leader in front and the other two cars on the left and right sides sandwiching the truck driver in the centre like security aides guarding a head of state.

The truck driver thought everything was normal until the roof of the leading car popped open and a masked man armed with crossbow stuck his body out, he was a hijacker. The truck driver tried to swerve out of formation and knock out the barricading car on the left side.

It was time to make use of the 1200 horsepower the GT-R's carried. One of the cars on the side tackled the big truck with enough force to send it back into formation and with minimal damage to the body. The masked man drew an arrow fitted with a grappling hook and pulled it on the bow before firing.

The grappling caught a part of the glass and a yank on the arrow pulled it out. The hole was big enough for an adult to crawl through. The Truck driver grabbed a baton from underneath his seat, nothing was crawling through that hole. The Masked man leaped from the car's roof and caught the hole with his hands. A heavy blow from the baton left him hanging on one hand.

The Truck driver raised the baton high up in a bid to strike the finishing blow when the car on the left muscled up snd smashed into the truck. The Impact was enough to send the driver crashing back into his seat leaving enough time for the Hijacker to climb in. The driver tried to retaliate only to receive a stab from a green needle. He began feeling dowsy and the last thing he remebered was seeing the truck drive into the distance like a mirage after he was pushed off and then he blacked out.

-

I was inspired by the original NFS - Most Wanted game and the Fast and Furious movie. Imagine seeing Nollywood creating something with real race and chase scenes,High octane and having cars like Bugatti, Lamborghini etc. Truth is that it won't happen so I decided to write something on this genre. It may end up being disappointing but go ahead and Show your boy some love and support.

Bloomingbud ( f ), Chubbiehills
( f ), Kizmarty( m), ruffhandu , jojoluv , disguyz ( m),
Poddy( m ), Kuzaku ( m ), Oahray, hormoryhemii( m ),
vickchi94 ( f ), bejeria101 ( m), hebraheem20 ( m ),
Bhenehdikt ( m ), Matilda77 ( f ), Onemansquad( m ),
tbrown90 , Nestarules( m ), almacherish ( f ), kwende
( m ), LarrySun(m), Iyemik, Ormorlehwah( f ),
Eke40seven ( m ), Naturehibrid , Emmotion,
systacee, aydupy, traecey ( f ), ethereal ( f ),
vickyfrancis1 ( m ), Hydriss, Oolayeancah ( f ), Ksslib
( m), jenyna , ShaazyScientist ( m ),
Shugaryme ( f ), Amaka10101 ( f ), fabiano09( m ),
crystalsaint( f ), coldsoup ( m ), estluv( f ),
whitemosquito ( f )
here
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 23, 2015
I like this. I'm behind you all the way.
Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by Shadowbean(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
Thanks. I hope not to fail you@Kukazu.
Finally a lady whose into the racing genre @Traecy.
Loving your own work@ Crazy Scientist.
Thanks ruffhandu, hormo and JeffreyJamez.

That's it for the pilot. I've done some tweaking and filled the holes in my plot. Will be posting the first official update tomorrow evening. And like KMJ will say - still I type on.

1 Like

Re: Need For Speed - Most Wanted by ruffhandu: 3:23am On Jan 26, 2015
Shadowbean:

Thanks. I hope not to fail you@Kukazu.
Finally a lady whose into the racing genre @Traecy.
Loving your own work@ Crazy Scientist.
Thanks ruffhandu, hormo and JeffreyJamez.

That's it for the pilot. I've done some tweaking and filled the holes in my plot. Will be posting the first official update tomorrow evening. And like KMJ will say - still I type on.

Bring it on.

(1) (Reply)

The Midnight Visitor / Acme Of Love - A Love Story Of Two Undergraduates By Daarasimi / Owerri A City Of Groits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.