Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers (4018 Views)

Lagos State Government Starts Sale Of Lake Rice For Eid-el-fitr / Lagos State Government Demolishes Sabo Market, Ikorodu Overnight (Pics, Video) / Kilimall Partners With Palmplay To Make Online Shopping Accessible To More Afric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2015
Hi NairaLanders,

I've read through threads on salary structures for Federal/state Government workers and truth be told, it is manageable on the average. Please I want to know (and I'm sure others too want to) what kind of loans are federal/state Government workers accessible to and how to go about it. Please keep the contributions coming. Thanks
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please join the conversation:

@sadiktofa
@tq0074u
@baqina
@tommysparks
@gambus007
@clemzo101
@HALLofFAME
@obicentlis
@tundesto
@ehizario2012
@Kk4
@Bennymontana
@Ehizario
@joysmart
@kingjoe
@plutarch
@nosyke
@shebs
@fatibombom
@febby9
@md4u2
@bisiofgod
@bestestgirl
@lacasa

Thanks
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by lacasa: 11:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Well, I can mostly give suggestions regarding federal workers.

U are accessible to personal loans (determined by the bank you operate with), u hav access to union loans, co-operative loans i.e if ur MDA has one functioning, and there is also the housing scheme i.e 'mortgage' *though it's not appliicable* throughout the Nation for federal workers.

The terms and interest rates are determined by tthe conditions you agree to varying from the kind of loan one accesses.

Must have guarantors, evidence of appointment, three months pay evidence etc (though mostly used in bank loans).

And interest rates on bank loans fluctuate depending on market conditions. For others mentioned, they are usually given at a fixed rate.

*most important advice ito workers is always leave within your means, not above*

Hope I've helped, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by obicentlis: 7:28am On Jan 22, 2015
You are entitled to access bank loans using your salary as collateral for a 3 years tenure. You are entitled to one third of your annual salary. Sum up your salary, divide it by 3, that is your entitled loan per year with your bank. Firstbank is very good in a relatively fair interest rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2015
obicentlis:
You are entitled to access bank loans using your salary as collateral for a 3 years tenure. You are entitled to one third of your annual salary. Sum up your salary, divide it by 3, that is your entitled loan per year with your bank. Firstbank is very good in a relatively fair interest rate.

That's cool, is it accessible even if ur salary account is with another bank?
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by obicentlis: 10:02am On Jan 22, 2015
brytandre:

That's cool, is it accessible even if ur salary account is with another bank?
Firstbank has a process where you can assess the loan while operating with another bank but I advise you check your bank instead than that process cos we will be charged for transfers every month.

1 Like

Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by tundesto(m): 2:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
I am servicing loan obtained from Access Bank currently. You are sure of getting the loan if you are not repaying any other loan. As obicentlis said, you have 3years to repay. But interest is not that fair. With 300k loan, they deduct 8k as pre-loan admin charges paying me 292k then about 11.5k monthly as repayment.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by eagleeye2: 3:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
tundesto:
I am servicing loan obtained from Access Bank currently. You are sure of getting the loan if you are not repaying any other loan. As obicentlis said, you have 3years to repay. But interest is not that fair. With 300k loan, they deduct 8k as pre-loan admin charges paying me 292k then about 11.5k monthly as repayment.
what is the interest being charged on the loan? and how much will be the total repayment amount for the 3years?
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by obicentlis: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Somebody got a loan of 1m naira, and 47k its being deducted from his salary every month for repayment for 3years.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by tundesto(m): 2:38am On Jan 24, 2015
They gave me one terms and conditions that I accepted and it was collected back from me. The loan interest is there I can't really remember cos it was many % added together like about 20% or 25% not sure, 2%, 1%, 0.5% etc. I regretted not doing photocopy. However you can use my monthly repayment to calculate the interest. I paid 5.7k as interest repayment while 5.9k is principal repayment totalling about 11.6k on 300k loan tenable for 3years.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 1:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
tundesto:
They gave me one terms and conditions that I accepted and it was collected back from me. The loan interest is there I can't really remember cos it was many % added together like about 20% or 25% not sure, 2%, 1%, 0.5% etc. I regretted not doing photocopy. However you can use my monthly repayment to calculate the interest. I paid 5.7k as interest repayment while 5.9k is principal repayment totalling about 11.6k on 300k loan tenable for 3years.

The loan given to u by access bank, is it based on your salary as suggested above?
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
in a case when Salary is owed by Government, will the bank wait till it is paid to make deductions or u'll have to pay somehow? Or in case they do it any other way. Please kindly state
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by Kk4(m): 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is a great thread.

Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by obicentlis: 7:01pm On Jan 24, 2015
brytandre:
in a case when Salary is owed by Government, will the bank wait till it is paid to make deductions or u'll have to pay somehow? Or in case they do it any other way. Please kindly state
That's what you sought out personally with your bank. Cos if you don't pay up after the mercy time, you will start paying penalties.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by tundesto(m): 7:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
brytandre:

The loan given to u by access bank, is it based on your salary as suggested above?

Yes based on salary.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by tundesto(m): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
brytandre:

As soon as the salary entered your account, it will be deducted.
Re: Loans Accessible To Federal/state Government Workers by brytandre(m): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
@Casket

Congrates on your wife securing a job with the feds. Feel free to read through and comment

(1) (Reply)

Cbn Makes N3.3 Billion From Banks’ Borrowing / Get Clean Tokunbo Japanese Generators Here / Choose Rugged Solar Power System With Payment Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.