Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (25891 Views)

How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase / Stolen Car At Shoprite With The Photo Of The Thief. / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by afeez20(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Please can someone tell me where I can get a pedal lock for my car.
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by adanny01(m): 10:48pm On Feb 07, 2016
BTT:

A friend's friend took me to get a 2002 Corolla somewhere on Ikorodu road. We made payments, got someone to get car papers and number plate for us. One of the dealer's boy's offered to help wash the car, and we headed to eat before everything is set as the car was to be taken to Warri same day. I locked the car and we went away with the key.

I deliberately kept my own car keys in the driver's seat in a pattern before our departure, having heard about this possibility before - and I told my friend I was checking and would ask before we go.

We came back to discover the car had been opened in our absence. We made a lot of noise and threats and collected the spare key.

I trust some. But I verify all.

I have made this point several times.

There are 3 ways to steal a modern car with immobilizer.
1. Spare or duplicate key made or kept by car dealer, mechanic or any crimanal friend who had access to the keys
2. Jail broken ECU
3. Gun point

Those ones that cars disappear in a twinkle of an eye is usually masterminded through the 1st.
Re: Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help by BOUNTYDOG(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2016
rezzy:

Make I tell you.
My husband left his car Key in the car when he got to work. He called the gate men to help him out. From the drivers'seat window, they drag down one rubber, put a stick inside and push down a button on the door hand, all the doors opened. Omo, my husband fear e head.

To have rest of mind from car theft,simply make mercedes benz ur brand.do u know a mercedes cannot be opened the way ur husband's car was opened?the rods that controls the locks are behind the glass.so it cannot be accessed from outside,dunno if u understand what I mean,2ndly benz demand around here is low so thieves don't bother,cos dealers know if they buy a stolen benz,and put on shelf,the owner will soon come inspecting while it persists on the shelf.
Meanwhile their sucking keys cannot be easily compromised.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Checkout The 9 Oldest Auto-makers In The World / This Kia Habaniro Car Uses Artificial Intelligence To Know When You Are Sad / Detergent Or Liquid Soap For Car Wash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.