Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,237 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue (2886 Views)

WAEC Confirms Andy Uba Forged Secondary School Certificate - Sahara Reporters / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by nex(m): 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good Morning , Gentlemen of the Press.
I only consented to address you this morning because of the genuine concern expressed by many supporters and other well-meaning Nigerians that the issue be addressed. Otherwise, I would have dismissed it for what it is—sheer mischief and would not have considered it an issue worth the nation’s while.

I had assumed all along that all my records were in the custody of the Military Secretary of the Nigerian Army. Much to my surprise, we are now told that although a record of the result is available, there are no copies of the certificates in my personal file. This is why I formally requested my old school the Provincial Secondary School, Katsina [which is now known as Government College, Katsina] to make available the school’s copy of the result of the Cambridge/West African School Certificate. This will be made available to the press the moment this is available.

However, before we obtain that, let me say for the record that I attended Provincial Secondary School, Katsina. I graduated in 1961 with many prominent Nigerians, including General Shehu Yar’adua, former chief of staff at the Supreme Headquarters, and Justice Umaru Abdullahi, a former President of the Court of Appeal. We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.

And although the ruling party may want to wish this away, the issue in this campaign cannot be my certificate which I obtained 53 years ago. The issues are the scandalous level of unemployment of millions of our young people, the state of insecurity, the pervasive official corruption which has impoverished our people and the lack of concern of the government for anything other than the retention of power at all costs.
Thank you very much.

General Muhammadu Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
Typing....

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
We are waiting... grin
Why did you not apply for the certificates from your school, making you look dumb all along? So you knew what to do but refused to do just because you think you don't owe Nigerians any explanation?
Does it mean Buhari has no original copies by the way?

Failure grin

Meanwhile shehu Yar'addua you claimed was your classmate joined the army in 1959 while you joined 1961 how is it possible? So who are we to believe?
Plenty things don't really add up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2015
We sat for the University of Cambridge/WASC Examination together in 1961, the year we graduated. My examination number was 8280002, and I passed the examination in the Second Division.

I just love the way Buhari and APC handled the whole PDP-Engineered-Certificate Scandal! Allow the PDP wallow in self delusion, generate enough traffic with the name Buhari, make it look as if there was no certificate, so that the moment the Certificate or letter of reference from the Examination centre is presented, it will just look like an Election Victory to Buhari!

Nobody would ever take PDP propaganda seriously again!

Buhari just killed them off with this detailed press release!

4 Likes

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by dahunsy(f): 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2015
coughs****clear throat
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Same old excuses.
No certificate.

Why are you asking school for your certificate instead of asking WAEC board? Secondary schools don't give certificates. This man is a fraud.

3 Likes

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by alaoeri: 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Just watch it on TVC, this simply means the military has been compromised for saying they don't have Buhari's certificate which even surprised him but he has requested for a copy from his school & will make it available to the press.
Said Buhari 2015 Aso rock straight.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by donphilopus: 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2015
Only fools will doubt his Educational Qualifications after providing his Examination number. His speech proves that he's indeed an intellectual. Some of those people requesting for his Certificate can't even remember their University Mat Number let alone their Secondary School Exam Number. Someone who finished Secondary School about 53yrs ago could still remember his Exam Number and some nitwits are telling us he's an 'illiterate'. Pls, we want to know the definition of 'illiteracy'.

I also like his response. He owes no-one any explanation as per his Educational Qualification.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
barcanista:
Typing....
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
Same old excuses.
No certificate.

Why are you asking school for your certificate instead of asking WAEC board? Secondary schools don't give certificates. This man is a fraud.

Stop being lazy copy the Exam number and proceed to WAEC office! Buhari has a lot to do! Have you seen jonathan's own?
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
[size=16pt]This is crap[/size]

The law says that one must Obtain at least WAEC

it is obvious you didn't write your WAEC and you want to give us job grin

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by NgeneUkwenu(f): 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:
[s]We are waiting... grin
Why did you not apply for the certificates from your school, making you look dumb all along? So you knew what to do but refused to do just because you think you don't owe Nigerians any explanation?
Does it mean Buhari has no original copies by the way?

Failure grin

Meanwhile shehu Yar'addua you claimed was your classmate joined the army in 1959 while you joined 1961 how is it possible despite being told you were in form 6 when you joined the Military. So who are we to believe?
Plenty things don't really add up[/s]

Shameless people! The press statement has killed off all jonathan's hope! It is now straight to otuoke!

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by warrior01: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mr Buhari said he will present the certificate in due course which no one knows. Now the question is where did he get the exam number he quoted without the commensurate results? So many things are not just adding up
Now he's saying he never knew the certificate was not with the military and refused to entertain questions from reporters. Hmmm I think has really boxed himself to a corner

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by ORACLE1975(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
hmmm
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by agabusta: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
I think there is a huge conspiracy in this Buhari certificate saga.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by urboy1: 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
Links please
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by zimoni(f): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
Where is the certificate?

Where is it?

Oga park well jor.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by eunisam: 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
did he truely read this word by word or somebody did? Lol
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by olapluto(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari provides his examination number, classmates as witnesses. Now PDP and Nigerian army should think of how to erase the records from WAEC office, eliminate the named classmates, and burn down GSS Katsina.
This game will boomerang on PDP soon. Already Nigerian Army has been soiled. I demand to see General Minimah's WAEC results too.
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by KanwuliaJara: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Even me get ALL copies of my certificate.
If the mallam for go university nau. . . we nor for dey ask for WASC!
ILLITERATE! grin
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by suretman(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
Now let's see what this PDP will have to say again!!

Buhari always disappointing his enemies since the time of lord lugard.

Next propaganda please!
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by justifeany: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
MOD MOVE IT TO FRONT PAGE!!!!
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2015
I smell perjury.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by samlestic(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
mr illiterate, how long will it take to be ready? we dont av much time. #showurcertificate

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
olapluto:
Buhari provides his examination number, classmates as witnesses. Now PDP and Nigerian army should think of how to erase the records from WAEC office, eliminate the named classmates, and burn down GSS Katsina.
This game will boomerang on PDP soon. Already Nigerian Army has been soiled. I demand to see General Minimah's WAEC results too.
The names he mentioned especially shehu Yar'addua joined the army in 1959. So how is it possible that they were classmates since buhari joined the army in 1961

2 Likes

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by samlestic(m): 12:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
olapluto:
heeyy!!! since wen did classmates become certificate? nobody is saying he didn't go 2 school. just #showusdcertificate. is it too much 2 ask

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by dante23: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
This will be of a funny matter when the certificate truly surfaces.
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by twoMcfemad: 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
*case closed*
This is enough to shut up the saTANist. GMB till 2023!
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by dante23: 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
samlestic:
heeyy!!! since wen did classmates become certificate? nobody is saying he didn't go 2 school. just #showusdcertificate. is it too much 2 ask
Classmates can never be certificates. Would you approve of the legitimacy of the certificate procured by the dame Patience Jonathan?
Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by asodeboyede(m): 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
David, Joseph, Daniel et cetera had no degrees yet they were builders per excellence!
Whom God chooses, He anoints, He equips!
Cyrus a pagan was anointed by God for His purpose to liberate the Israelites.
God can use anybody!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by integralng: 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
Mmadukaku:

The names he mentioned especially shehu Yar'addua joined the army in 1959. So how is it possible that they were classmates since buhari joined the army in 1961
Kindly provide an evidence that Musa Yaradua joined the Nigerian Army in 1959.For your information,Musa Yaradua and General Buhari joined the army at the same time.Stop spreading misleading information.

1 Like

Re: Press Statement By General Muhammadu Buhari On The School Certificate Issue by SweetJoystick(m): 1:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jonathan Slams Obasanjo, Says Ex-president Canvassing To Head Interim Govt / ALJAZEERA...BUHARI 99% Nigeria's President. / Hillarious Picture Of Gen Buhari And His VP Discussing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.