Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,459 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 (22312 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
This is the statistics of examination subjects and entries recorded by waec 1961 and 1967
How did GMB got to sit for Hausa?

Cc berem,barcanista,backdatassup

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/journals/education/ije/sept1988/MAJOR%20TRENDS%20IN%20

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by ambrosini593(m): 10:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
There's igbo in buhari wayo result. Chei. Buhari nailed again

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
HzRF:
This is the statistics of examination recorded by waec 1961 and 1967

Thank you my brother. This damn iPad won't allow me to copy unless I screen grab and if I did NL uploader does not recognize my iOS.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by KanwuliaJara: 10:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hmmmmmmm!!!

Time for FORENSIC SCIENTISTS ooooooooo. . . grin

11 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 10:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Thank you my brother. This damn iPad won't allow me to copy unless I screen grab and if I did NL uploader does not recognize my iOS.

Thanks alot for providing that TKO link

Do they think they are dealing with idiotts??

Maybe because dia think thank is full stone age pple
They never know what info a Nokia 23000 classic could get not to talk of modern phones

They are on a long thing

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by babadee1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
God please give these people brain, too much time on their hands but no sense. That is a journal article, the paper does not contain a comprehensive list of all the courses taken for WASC in 1961. They only list courses that they consider relevant.
Why don't you write to WAEC and ask them if they offered Hausa language as an exam option in 1961?

28 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by ambrosini593(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Check that result again. They statement of result to cover something.

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by ambrosini593(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
Check that result again. They statement of result to cover something. Many people are aware of this disgrace already. What a shame

6 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by watered(m): 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hey Pa Buhari you can lie o!

GEJ till 2019.

Buhari should as a matter of urgency throw in the towel for this contest

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
HzRF:

Thanks alot for providing that TKO link

Do they think they are dealing with idiotts??

Maybe because dia think thank is full stone age pple
They never know what info a Nokia 23000 classic could get not to talk of modern phones

They are on a long thing

I opened 2 threads on it and immediately it was shut down by oamj4

Please share this on every media outlet.

Let's stop this forger.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by ofala(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
This clearly shows that GEJ and his supporters are now at home with the FACT that GMB will win massively on the 14th Feb, so their desperate desire to stop him at all cost before the contest!

To any level, GMB is educated; that is if those of us that claim to have passed through the school system appreciates the real meaning of education.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 10:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
babadee1:
God please give these people brain, too much time on their hands but no sense. That is a journal article, the paper does not contain a comprehensive list of all the courses taken for WASC in 1961. They only list courses that they consider relevant.
Why don't you write to WAEC and ask them if they offered Hausa language as an exam option in 1961?
I beg shut up

Wait which Nigeria tribe first embrace western education?

If they could put yoruba I guess there is no more time to type Igbo and hausa

We no dey stone age... We can't be deceived ANYHOW

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
babadee1:

I give up on them already.

They are quoting from an article that was specifically talking about SELECTED subjects

Dont waste your time on this mor0ns

13 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
babadee1:

Oga, the author duly cited WAEC Annual reports for the period 1961 till 1974.

The paper was published by the University of Ilorin.

What reliable historical account do you want more than this?

Don't worry I will contact WAEC and get the summary of results for 1961 and paste it here.

cheesy

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
HzRF:

I beg shut up

Please post a comprehensive list of WAEC subjects in 1961 or stop opening irrelevant threads

3 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by tpiander: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2015
babadee1:

sometimes one wonders if these people are joking or if they really are this half baked.

3 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
Aigipan:

I give up on them already.

They are quoting from an article that was specifically talking about SELECTED subjects

Dont waste your time on this mor0ns

The article details the evolution of the Nigerian educational curriculum from colonial times to present day.

Twist it as you like it doesn't change the fact that in the entire country in the period 1961 till 1974 only Yoruba was offered in WASC!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
ofala:
This clearly shows that GEJ and his supporters are now at home with the FACT that GMB will win massively on the 14th Feb, so their desperate desire to stop him at all cost before the contest!

To any level, GMB is educated; that is if those of us that claim to have passed through the school system appreciates the real meaning of education.
Don't cover this with useless excuse

He who comes with equity, they say, must come with clean hands

U can't fight corruption when u ar the face and benefitted from it

7 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Oga, the author duly cited WAEC Annual reports for the period 1961 till 1974.

The paper was published by the University of Ilorin.

What reliable historical account do you want more than this?

Don't worry I will contact WAEC and get the summary of results for 1961 and paste it here.

cheesy

You have no brain at all.

The journal cited WAEC annual report but did not post the report which means they could have selected the information ONLY relevant to the topic of the journal.

Post the comprehensive list of WAEC subjects in 1961 before you open irrelevant threads

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Adminisher: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
HzRF:
This is the statistics of examination subjects and entries recorded by waec 1961 and 1967

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/journals/education/ije/sept1988/MAJOR%20TRENDS%20IN%20

You are not very intelligent. You have a knack for forensics but dint have the discipline or the patience. Look at the no. of decimal places the percentages are summarized to and do some calculations as to what could have happened if only about 100 people sat for it. In 1961 they were taking exams in Yoruba in WASC, why won't it be the same for Hausa. Since you people have been spreading the yarn that Hausas have been enslaving you the Ibos, does it not stand to reason that they would be offering Hausa in WASC for purely cultural imperialism purposes alone?.

12 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

The article details the evolution of the Nigerian educational curriculum from colonial times to present day.

Twist it as you like it doesn't change the fact that in the entire country in the period 1961 till 1974 only Yoruba was offered in WASC!

So can you post the comprehensive list from WAEC to prove that?

Why was there a compulsory Hausa test for the northern civil service up to 1966 but no hausa subject in WAEC till 1975? are you making any sense at all?.

4 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Kolade354(m): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
Foolish pple will alwayz exihibit their behaviour,,,,,,,,,,,,Are you telling me someone who rise to become a general in the nigerian army does not possess O-Level certificate. These goat are falling for PDP deceit and propaganda. There are relevant issue to atten to. Ask Mr President how he planz to rescue 239 gurlz in the hands of boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Aigipan:

You have no brain at all.

The journal cited WAEC annual report but did not post the report which means they could have selected the information ONLY relevant to the topic of the journal.

Post the comprehensive list of WAEC subjects in 1961 before you open irrelevant threads

I hear you.

Even if WAEC is to release a detailed list of subjects offered in 1961 you guys will say they also have become politicized like the way you labelled the Nigerian Army early today.

Don't worry nah. More revelations will emerge before Monday. Just advice your Buhari to shut his mouth about anything relating to this fake result.

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Adminisher:

You are not very intelligent. You have a knack for forensics but dint have the discipline or the patience. Look at the no. of decimal places the percentages are summarized to and do some calculations as to what could have happened if only about 100 people sat for it. In 1961 they were taking exams in Yoruba in WASC, why won't it be the same for Hausa. Since you people have been spreading the yarn that Hausas have been enslaving you the Ibos, does it not stand to reason that they would be offering Hausa in WASC for purely cultural imperialism purposes alone?.
All u typed is rubbish

How did it got to sit for Hausa?
Answer it as simple as abc
Or provide evidence

Last my name is Adeoti David
*spits*

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by babadee1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
HzRF:

I beg shut up

Look you ignoramus, this is an academic paper. The first principle of analyzing data for papers like this is sufficient numbers. If not enough people took Hausa language in the exam, the researchers will not include it in their paper because that will affect their analysis.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I hear you.

Even if WAEC is to release a detailed list of subjects offered in 1961 you guys will say they also have become politicized like the way you labelled the Nigerian Army early today.

Don't worry nah. More revelations will emerge before Monday. Just advice your Buhari to shut his mouth about anything relating to this fake result.

So in short, you dont have the comprehensive list? Yet you are opening threads and spreading lies?. Come back when you have the full list and not a cited list.

Your theory sounds ridiculous and you dont have the facts. citing a journal that only cited parts of a report wont cut it.

Omaj Please close this thread until they have the facts!.

6 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
Aigipan:

So can you post the comprehensive list from WAEC to prove that?

Why was there a compulsory Hausa test for the northern civil service up to 1966 but no hausa subject in WAEC till 1975? are you making any sense at all?.

You are throwing gibberish nonsense into this debate.

I don't know about northern Nigerian civil service recruitment guidelines but If I may digress with you, the north was highly illiterate at that time and most of the qualified vacancies could only be filled by the educated southerners. It is only natural that the indegonoius lingua Franca would have been a prerequisite in hiring southern expats.

Does this not make better sense?

3 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

You are throwing gibberish nonsense into this debate.

I don't know about northern Nigerian civil service recruitment guidelines but If I may digress with you, the north was highly illiterate at that time and most of the qualified vacancies could only be filled by the educated southerners. It is only natural that the indegonoius lingua Franca would have been a prerequisite in hiring southern expats.

Does this not make better sense?

So where is the comprehensive list of WAEC subjects from 1961??

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by theV0ice: 10:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

My friend, 'maybe' you'll eventually be 'right' on your suspicion but that PDF document doesn't support your claims here.

see the paragraph preceding that list you posted

During the year immediately following independence, the W. A. E. C. undertook a gradual revision of the School Certificate Syllabuses, especially in History, Mathematics, French, English Language and Literature (now Literature in English), Physics, Chemistry and Biology (W. A. J. E.VII/2 1964). It also increased the number of its examinable subjects. Secondary Schools in the country accordingly revised their own curricula. This gradually led to a swing of candidates from the traditional subjects to the new ones, and also to such science subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology, presumably because there are now better qualified teachers of this subject and better equipment for teaching them. Table 3 shows the direction of enrolment of Nigerian candidates in [size=18pt]13 selected subjects,[/size] for 1961 and 1974.

they focused on only 13 selected subjects for the purpose of their research. It didn't mean Nigerian students only offered those 13 subjects at WAEC level then.

Like i said earlier, you might be right eventually but this paper doesn't support your insinuations at all

8 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
babadee1:

Look you ignoramus, this is an academic paper. The first principle of analyzing data for papers like this is sufficient numbers. If not enough people took Hausa language in the exam, the researchers will not include it in their paper because that will affect their analysis.
Why will it affect the analysis

Enlighten me
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by nickusoro(m): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lol. Look at the current state of our nation. Is this how other countries fool around and the brink of election day? Shameful!

My question is, ain't there any competent candidate besides GMB and GEJ?
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Aigipan:

So in short, you dont have the comprehensive list? Yet you are opening threads and spreading lies?. Come back when you have the full list and not a cited list.

Your theory sounds ridiculous and you dont have the facts. citing a journal that only cited parts of a report wont cut it.

Omaj Please close this thread until they have the facts!.

Keep hiding from the truth.

What I know about the truth is that it will never hide and if you try to run from it, it always has a way of sneaking up to you.

The article is an academic paper published by a federal university citing an authentic source.

The facts don't care if you like them, that's why they are referred to as the bitter truth.

Now run away and come back when you have cooled down and have grown some brain cells.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting / EFCC Raids Ita Ekpeyong’s House In Abuja / Why South-East PDP Govs Are Considering Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.