Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 (22310 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / Education Statistics in Nigeria (Who is Going to School ?) / Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Umar Abdullahi, Coomassie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Missy89(f): 7:39am On Jan 22, 2015
omenka

Leave this people alone. It is a waste of time
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2015
omenka:
Ok. I'd assume you are just a kid who's yet to get into the university, or at best, one still battling with GSTs. Now, in research there is what is called population and within that population, there is what is called sample. The sample is a subset of the population. Now, the article you guys are showing us is a research article and the researcher sampled subjects offered within that time period for the purposes of his work. That should be captured in what is refered to as scope and limitation of study.

You guys need education seriously.

Stop monkeying about. If you understand what the author meant to display you will see that he was looking at the increase trend in registration and sitting of WASC from 1961 to 1974.
As you can see a
So the author aimed to present compulsory subject like English with other selected subjects available to candidates at that time.

The Nigerian educational curriculum was both expanded to include technical and vocational subjects during the late 70's sand with the Africanization policy local languages will be introduced later on.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
To further buttress my point, if you look at the document OP provided, local languages were introduced from 1960's into the educational curriculum specifically Yoruba in the SW. Mohammed Buhari was still in school prior to 1961 as he claimed so how could he sit for an exam he never took for 4 yrs prior to sitting for the external exam?

Dundees
leave them, they keep sounding ridiculous at every attempt in defending buhari.

I am just laughing at their spineless logic.

3 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 7:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Caseless:
I this is why GMB sat for hausa. Useless thread!
As soon as I see ur name I already know u what I will see na today?
I don't trade words with nitwits like u

Ur stupidity doesn't start today and u are well known for it

Degrading myself to trade words with u is indeed an insult

U can keep writing ur trash as usual ....

Useless indeed

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by omenka(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
Missy89:
omenka

Leave this people alone. It is a waste of time
My dear. When I saw his response, it was exactly what I made up my mind to do; ignore them. They remind me of Patrick, Spongebob's best friend.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by honeric01(m): 7:47am On Jan 22, 2015
talktofemi:

Even so at that, your pdf documents could be post 1961.

And mind you Hausa can be a language of instruction without it being an examination subject.

grin grin grin Chei grin

BackDatAssUp:

Olodo, I can easily create a PDF file an upload it here as an image and then cite any non existent document.

I have googled for the document and it is only showing me as a citation refrence.

Provide the original document link or you are blatant fraudsters like your party chieftains.

This won't fly!

grin grin grin

You're a lost case, so should we also say you must have easily created the "info" you're using to discredit his result too? i think talking to a wall is more valuable than talking to you grin

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Caseless: 8:14am On Jan 22, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

And the Saga continues....

Ostrich.
goose!

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Caseless: 8:17am On Jan 22, 2015
HzRF:
As soon as I see ur name I already know u what I will see na today?
I don't trade words with nitwits like u

Ur stupidity doesn't start today and u are well known for it

Degrading myself to trade words with u is indeed an insult

U can keep writing ur trash as usual ....

Useless indeed
when I saw that d OP of thread is u, I did feel some laziness towards thread- cos it is sypmtomatic of u to come up with flatulence as thread. Jackal, this thread is useless.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Caseless: 8:19am On Jan 22, 2015
honeric01:

grin grin grin Chei grin

You're a lost case, so should we also say you must have easily created the "info" you're using to discredit his result too? i think talking to a wall is more valuable than talking to you grin
backdatassup? Jst give up on him.
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by shegxi(m): 8:22am On Jan 22, 2015
Are some of u guys serious with ur assertions or just bn intentionally mischievious? Op nd dose still doubting d result, if per chance anyone of u is a graduate, den u guys are lost cases,I give up
In d words of obhiagbon; d problem with dis PDP and tanist is dat they talk and act like idiots bt dn't let dem fool u, they really are idiots.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by bakila: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2015
theV0ice:
here's a link to the document eGuerrilla and honeric01 referenced earlier

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rJL9mm8EgGEC&lpg=PA3&ots=mXkMROms9e&dq=Sasnett%2C%20M.%20T.

when it opens, just click on federation of Nigeria which starts on page 462
They want to run away from the issue of the bad Governance of GEJ, even if Cambridge brings Buhari's result they will say that the qualification is low. They will ignore the courses in UK, India and US. They will ignore the fact that his military posting all over Nigeria is an education you can't get at anywhere. They would rather have someone who does not know Umuahia and Aba even though he schooled in Nsukka and consequently does not know even the way his other Igbo brothers think. They prefer the sleaze and shenanigans to a more orderly and honest society.
The debate is not about Buhari but Jonathan let's not assist them evade their time of failure which has arrived.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by minister2015: 8:27am On Jan 22, 2015
@OP, it should be 'how did GMB get to sit for Hausa' and not '' how did GMB got to sit for Hausa'' by the way, why does PDP like circumbulating an article written perhaps, by one so-called researcher which Hausa wasn't part of his scope. Why can't U go to WAEC to bust the originality of GMB's released statement of results.
#gejshowusurph.dcertificate.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by GoldCircle: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2015
How then did mohamed sorry Muhammed sit for Hausa 1961?!

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Bruteforce1o1: 8:51am On Jan 22, 2015
[s]
customized13:
I can conjure that statement of result with that signature myself on photoshop, buhari cannot take us for a ride. This is not 1985.
[/s]

Dirty Aba hacker feeling funky.

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jan 22, 2015
APC dunces will soon swallow their pride and forget all this buhari rubish

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2041668_untitled_jpegf00b416e41190686e1165a3b44a1bf51

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by eckomilano: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2015
No local language study until 1975

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by igbeke: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2015
eckomilano:
No local language study until 1975
and at what point in time did he change his name from Mohamed Buhari to Mohammadu Buhari?
Just asking for clarification purpose.
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Curlieweed: 10:53am On Jan 22, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
APC dunces will soon swallow their pride and forget all this buhari rubish

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2041668_untitled_jpegf00b416e41190686e1165a3b44a1bf51

No be small thing oh!

Did you notice that the results in the "computer printout" result sheet were not even printed but handwritten?

Apeeshit and lie-lie?

3 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2015

5. Post Colonial Era
The period after Nigeria Political Independence marked a change in the course of Education System and curriculum development in Nigeria. There was a phenomenal increase in schools and school enrolment. This is partly due to free educational programme introduced in Western and Eastern regions. Apart from Free Education factor, the educated class enjoyed certain privileges that have put them on high pedestal in social status....
The emergent of African scholars lend a voice to the curriculum development after the independence. Some of their contributions were remote, while some were visible and direct. The colonial education system was severely criticized because of its British visible domination both in
content and outlook.
Eventually, the[b] first National Conference on Curriculum took place in Nov. 1969[/b] at the National Assembly Hall, Lagos. The conference was well attended as the participants were not limited to educationist alone. A wide spectrum of people was invited. As noted by Fafunwa (1978) “The conference comprised organizations such as, religious bodies, teachers’ association, other professionals (medical, legal, engineering), and University teachers and administrators, as well as ministries officials, Youth Club Organizations, businessmen and representatives from the governments....
Subsequent to the 1969 conference, a seminar was organized on “A National Policy of Education” in 1973 under the chairmanship of Chief S. O. Adebo. The seminar was attended by various bodies such as Conference of Teacher Training Colleges, Nigerian Union of Teachers, Primary School Administrators, Officials, State and Federal Ministries of Education, UNESCO Team, etc. The outcome of the seminar was the modification of the 1969 conference papers and the adoption of National Policy on Education.

In the policy, the 6-3-3-4 system of education was adopted to be practiced in Nigeria. The objectives of each level of education such as the pre-primary, primary, ....

Ehindero (1986) observed that the policy marked the end of 135 years of colonial domination and influences on our curriculum. [size=18pt]It gives a Nigerian and indeed an African touch to out educational system”.[/size]

The 6-3-3-4 system became operational in 1983. The new curriculum was diversified in nature. Emphasis was placed on Science, Pre-Vocational and Performance based learning . Marinho (2009) observed that the “initiatives were designed to contextualize learning, relate everyday experiences to the classroom, and raise the awareness of traditional African sensibilities among students”. The
curriculum package also took into consideration the multilingual nature of Nigerian societies by prescribing local language or mother tongue as means of instruction for the first three years at primary school level.
However, the implementation of this provision like many components of the policy was greatly doubtful.

[size=38pt]Ghen Ghen moment[/size]

The curriculum subjects as stipulated in the policy are;
English, French, Mathematics, Language of environment and Nigerian Language other than that of the environment, Integrated Science, Social studies and Citizenship Education, Introductory Technology.

Pre-Vocational Elective
Agriculture, Business Studies, Home-Economics, Local crafts, Computer Education, Fine Arts, and Music.

Non-Prevocational Electives
Religious knowledge, Physical and Health Education, Arabic At senior secondary schools, students are provided opportunities to study the following subjects:

(i) English (ii) Mathematics (iii) A major Nigeria Language (iv) One of biology, Chemistry, Physics or
Health Science (v) One of Literature-in-English, History, Geography or Religious Studies (vi) A vocational subject.

Vocational Electives
Agriculture, Applied Electricity, Auto-Mechanics, Book-Keeping & Accounting, Building Construction,
Commerce, Computer Education, Electronics, Clothing and Textiles, Food & Nutrition, Home
Management, Mental work, Technical Drawing, Woodwork, Shorthand, Typewriting, Fine Art, Music,

Curriculum Development in Nigeria; Historical Perspectives

Oyeleke Oluniyi Centre for Distance Learning,
 -Ife, Nigeria
Akinyeye, Clara Olajumoke
Osun State College of Education, Ilesa

http://www.mcser.org/images/stories/jesr.january.2013/oyeleke.oluniyi-curriculum.pdf
(pages 76 -77 of the original document but page 5 and 6 of the pdf citation!)

What this document proves is that African languages were integrated into the educational curriculum with the adoption of the 6-3-3-4 system long before Buhari claimed to have written his WASC
I rest my phucking case!

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Babacele: 12:23pm On Jan 22, 2015
HzRF:

All u typed is rubbish

How did it got to sit for Hausa?
Answer it as simple as abc
Or provide evidence

Last my name is Adeoti David
*spits*
You are wasting precious time Mr Adeoti, why can't you or PDP sue the University of Cambridge , the principal , INEC, WAEC , GMB or A PC? Anything you say here won't help GEJ's fear of GMB ,and his(gej) subsequent defeat.
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
Babacele:
You are wasting precious time Mr Adeoti, why can't you or PDP sue the University of Cambridge , the principal , INEC, WAEC , GMB or A PC? Anything you say here won't help GEJ's fear of GMB ,and his(gej) subsequent defeat.
Sue?

That's a cheap way for the illiterate, certificate forger, quota - beneficiary grand pa to escape his 4th time loosing streak

Nobody gonna disqualify or sue him

All we are telling him is that we know he's an illiterate and that we are not brainwashed (funny enough APC members also want him to show he's not illiterate)

GEJ will rule till 2019 If you cant stand it Relocate to Bujumbura
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Babacele: 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
ambrosini593:
There's igbo in buhari wayo result. Chei. Buhari nailed again
was any score recorded for him in Igbo? If not , you are wasting your time! FeBuhari14, Change!
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by HzRF(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

What this document proves is that African languages were integrated into the educational curriculum with the adoption of the 6-3-3-4 system long before Buhari claimed to have written his WASC
I rest my phucking case!

That is 22yrs after buahri has written Cambridge WASC if am right
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

I rest my phucking case!

Anyone with even a rudimentary grasp of Nigeria's political history would know why there was no national curriculum in the early '60s.
It is rather interesting that you mounted the cavalry while armed with a research paper, to demonstrate how Yoruba was offered as a subject in 1961, earlier. While you have now conveniently ratcheted up your tomfoolery with this latest argument, which suggests there were no WASC exams for African languages during the same period. Which is it?

Do I have to spell everything out to those of you who are propelled solely by sentiment and primordial instinct?

Image Source: Ricard, A. (2004). The Languages and Literatures of Africa: The Sands of Babel. Oxford England; Trenton NJ; Cape Town: James Currey.

1 Like

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Sasnett, M. T. (1967). Educational systems of Africa;: Interpretations for use in the evaluation of academic credentials. University of California Press.

Subjects offered by University of Cambridge in 1964 and earlier years.

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
eGuerrilla:

Anyone with even a rudimentary grasp of Nigeria's political history would know why there was no national curriculum in the early '60s.
It is rather interesting that you mounted the cavalry while armed with a research paper, to demonstrate how Yoruba was offered as a subject in 1961, earlier. While you have now conveniently ratcheted up your tomfoolery with this latest argument, which suggests there were no WASC exams for African languages during the same period. Which is it?

Do I have to spell everything out to those of you who are propelled solely by sentiment and primordial instinct?

Image Source: Ricard, A. (2004). The Languages and Literatures of Africa: The Sands of Babel. Oxford England; Trenton NJ; Cape Town: James Currey.

Trash!

I stand by what I wrote! And in due time I will backdatassup with an OFFICIAL WASC Annual Report for 1961.

Dey there dey defend nonsense
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Babacele: 3:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
HzRF:

Sue?

That's a cheap way for the illiterate, certificate forger, quota - beneficiary grand pa to escape his 4th time loosing streak

Nobody gonna disqualify or sue him

All we are telling him is that we know he's an illiterate and that we are not brainwashed (funny enough APC members also want him to show he's not illiterate)

GEJ will rule till 2019 If you cant stand it Relocate to Bujumbura
No sir , HE GMB is more educated than an oluwole PhD who insulted literacy few days ago by saying " how much did he stole"; a questionable PhD holder who can't make a refinery built by a supposed illiterate work; an academic doctor who can't influence his immediate environment eg his wife's grammar and carriage- the hallmark of truly educated folks; oh a PhD indeed who insulted the sensibilities of sane and cultured persons ,schooled and unschooled alike, by his philosophy of 'stealing is not corruption' ?; abeg spare me of your pretty ignorance. GMB by all standard is more educated than Okupe's lord and saviour pleassssssse!
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by krexpo(m): 1:01am On Jan 23, 2015
obataokenwa:
ll nigerian graduates must rise and say no to this injustice about to be done to education. if we allow Buhari to contest without providing his certificate, then we should be ready to be sidelined in greater positions tomorrow. let us all protest this seriously noatter your party or who u follow....how can a man retire since 1983 and he couldnt develop himself certicate wise and no any other further training or education like obasanjo did. sorry to say..we are about voting for a dummy. pls lets say no to this stupidity

Seconded oooooooo!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by eniaro(m): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
PLEASE, LET'S RETIRE THIS GRANDPA WITH OUR VOTE, WE DON'T WANT ANY BLOODSHED AGAIN, WHAT THE DOCUMENTARY WHEN HE RULED YEARS AGO, YOU WILL SWEAR FOR HIM EVEN IN HIS GRAVE FOR COMMITTING SUCH A BOGUS CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY

Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by mgbeketoto: 9:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
Questions for the gods! grin
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by APCHaram: 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bump
Re: Waec Statistics In 1961 and 1967 by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2016
HzRF:
This is the statistics of examination subjects and entries recorded by waec 1961 and 1967
How did GMB got to sit for Hausa?

Cc berem,barcanista,backdatassup

http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/journals/education/ije/sept1988/MAJOR%20TRENDS%20IN%20

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Rerun: Conduct Fresh Or Cancelled "Supplementary Election" - Kwankwaso / Three Nigerian Presidents That Named Roads After Foreign Leaders / DSS Feeds Igboho’s Aides With ‘Engine Oil’ Soup – Pelumi Olajengbesi, Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.