Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

ASCON Exam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ASCON Exam (7032 Views)

Ogun Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2016 (ASCON Exam Form Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASCON Exam by tosingcfr(m): 10:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please, I need more information about the exam and past questions. Especially on basic statistics. Also, who else is writing it here ?Let's meet please. Thanks
Re: ASCON Exam by profstar(m): 1:03am On Jan 22, 2015
tosingcfr:
Please, I need more information about the exam and past questions. Especially on basic statistics. Also, who else is writing it here ?Let's meet please. Thanks

Hello, pls when and how did you apply, thanks in anticipation of your answer.
Re: ASCON Exam by tosingcfr(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2015
profstar:

Hello, pls when and how did you apply, thanks in anticipation of your answer.
. I applied late December. It was at the state civil service. I'm not sure if the form would still be out because the exam is slated for next week but you can still try and confirm.
Re: ASCON Exam by Pretty002: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
It late already
Re: ASCON Exam by saintandsinnerz: 3:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
tosingcfr:
Hello, ASCON is not a too difficult exam, but yet people still fail it as a result of lack of preparation and necessary info before writing the exam. There are basic things you need to know before embarking on the exam. let me list some of them:
1. you need to have basic knowledge of statistics, you need to be current with old and new happenings in Nigeria and elsewhere, you should be able to write a good English essay and knowledgeable on how to answer difficult comprehension questions etc.
2. do everything possible to score at least a B. But try and make an A. let me tell u something you may not know, ASCON, awards their grade based on your ability to have a pass mark in all the four papers you are required to write. For example, for you to make an A, you must at least score 40, (which is the pass mark in ASCON) in each of the papers you wrote. That's you are required to score 40 in English lang, logical thinking, statistical inferences, and General paper. Therefore, if you score less than 40 in any of the papers you will not make an A. if you score less than 40 in only one paper you will make B and it goes like that. so the secret is that you don't need to make big scores in any of the papers, just concentrate on making a pass mark in each of the papers. Most people who make less than A in ASCON, doesn't know about this.
3. You have to read hard because most people you will see there are civil servants who are mostly not prepared for the exam, hence they always depend on any young person around them.
4. Finally, if you want to pass then don't joke with their pass question papers and study pack. if you study them religiously, I bet you will make an A. ASCON is important especially if you have ambition in working in govt. MDAs as it will elevate you to a higher position than somebody who doesn't have it. Remember, it is a form of promotional exam for civil servants. I will stop here, but if you have any other questions about it, just quote me I will try to help.

1 Like

Re: ASCON Exam by tosingcfr(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Hello.
. Thanks,I really appreciate. Please, how can I get the past questions?? Especially basic statistics. I've tried their website but all I could find was only logic. I need that of 2014. I heard the syllabus has changed as per basic statistics. Please I need clarifications here. Thanks once again
Re: ASCON Exam by saintandsinnerz: 10:05pm On Jan 22, 2015
tosingcfr:
. Thanks,I really appreciate. Please, how can I get the past questions?? Especially basic statistics. I've tried their website but all I could find was only logic. I need that of 2014. I heard the syllabus has changed as per basic statistics. Please I need clarifications here. Thanks once again
Sorry, I don't have anyone again. It's almost 7 yrs that I wrote the exam
Re: ASCON Exam by Pretty002: 3:39am On Jan 23, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

Sorry, I don't have anyone again. It's almost 7 yrs that I wrote the exam
if u are in delta state, u can go to d civil service commission office in Asaba to buy d past questions
Re: ASCON Exam by saintandsinnerz: 8:30am On Jan 23, 2015
Pretty002:
if u are in delta state, u can go to d civil service commission office in Asaba to buy d past questions
Lol you quoted the wrong person
Re: ASCON Exam by Noneroone(m): 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
tosingcfr:
why didnt u open the thread since?
I have all the past question papers on basicstatistics and logic but i obviously cant help u
BTW i am taking the exams too.
Re: ASCON Exam by tosingcfr(m): 7:13am On Jan 24, 2015
Noneroone:
I have all the past question papers on basicstatistics and logic but i obviously cant help u
. I only need that of 2014 (Basic statistics). Heard there was a change in the syllabus. That's what I want to confirm. Thanks
Re: ASCON Exam by damikares(f): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2016
Hello , please I need tutor on the ascon examination the questions are so tough.and also please how do I get the 2014 questions .Thank u...Please help a friend
Re: ASCON Exam by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2016
Noneroone:
good afternoon,pls i saw ur post on ASCON i guess u would have through with the exam now,pls i need ur past question,pls.my email is deleola77@gmail.com pls
Re: ASCON Exam by Divine88: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
[quote author=Noneroone post=30068074] why didnt u open the thread since
Re: ASCON Exam by Tobeychi(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
Divine88:

Please can u help send these past questions to my email doginni86@gmail.com. I will so much appreciate your help, thanks.
Please how did you apply and what post dis you apply for??
Re: ASCON Exam by Noneroone(m): 4:18am On Apr 25, 2017
Divine88:

Please can u help send these past questions to my email doginni86@gmail.com. I will so much appreciate your help, thanks.
sorry, they were hardcopy and I've since given them out.
Re: ASCON Exam by MissIndependent(f): 9:11pm On May 16, 2023
Hello...

(1) (Reply)

www.Jobler.me : A Search Engine For Job Seekers - See All The Jobs In Nigeria / Seio Oil And Gas Graduate Trainee Program / How To Make N5,000 - N20,000 Every Week On Paga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.