Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (7063 Views)

'We Don’t Dabble In Politics': Redeemed Christian Church / Gays & Lesbians Are Sinners And They Will Go To Hell If... / Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2008
I think the appropriate question here is: What is meant by ‘believing in’ Jesus?

[b]Do you believe what he was teaching? Do you believe he embodied the Christ? Which answer brings Hell?

There are those that believe in his teachings and follow them to the letter and do not believe he embodied the Christ. Does the same punishment befall them?

Loving the Lord with all of your heart, mind, and your neighbor as yourself was the greatest of all commandments. How does one continue to sin when following this practice? Is this what is meant by ‘believing in’ Jesus?

We would hope the Bible is 99.5% accurate on what God had in store for us, but as an Original Guy cool I know better. It is difficult to translate from language to language and almost impossible to leech out ‘author intent’ while interpreting. Malicious or not as an interpreter of another language, I also know that sacrifices have to be made in effort to retain clarity. Another point of contention for me is we read Jesus’ own words that Peter was the rock of the new church yet Christianity is based largely on the ideologies of one of its largest critics[/b]

Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Kuns: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2008
The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran. Before you were informed of what and where hell was, it never crossed your mind to even think about it. So, within the pages of your scriptures hell was born. Just as a God could not exist without the devil, heaven could not exist if there wasn’t a hell.

So where did hell come from? It didn’t exist in Adam’s, Noah’s, nor Abraham’s time. It is something that was fabricated so that they could capitalize off of your fear.

Truth is truth.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Pittbaby(f): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2008
if you dont believe in Jesus , you should not believe in hell. But if you feel that he is your lord and saviour , then this post is a moot point
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Kuns: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2008
So where did hell come from? It didn’t exist in Adam’s, Noah’s, nor Abraham’s time.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by tpia: 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2008
so if you worship satan, where do you think you're going?

heaven?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Kuns: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2008
The pale albino is satan (devil) in the flesh , you are all already in satan's belly.

This is hell , if heaven is up there , then hell is down here.

@tpia, you are in hell already , our people are so dumb , that they don't even know it.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by SeaGoddes(f): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2008
only those who beileve in Jesus Christ will be saved from the harsh flames of hell shocked shocked

Jesus is the way, the truth, and life kiss wink smiley
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Kuns: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2008
Go back to sleep.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by SeaGoddes(f): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2008
Kuns:

Go back to sleep.

lol cheesy grin grin

u wat r u doing awake undecided
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Kuns: 10:00am On Dec 23, 2008
What , One of the only conscious guy on the thread.

Did you wake well this morning my dear?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by SeaGoddes(f): 10:04am On Dec 23, 2008
Kuns:

What , One of the only conscious guy on the thread.

Did you wake well this morning my dear?

yep, i did and u?
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ben13: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2008
I do too
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by tpia: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2008
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:39am On Dec 25, 2008
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by segyemaro(m): 9:53am On Feb 23, 2009
if you dont believe in Jesus you will go to HELL.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 10:04am On Feb 23, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

cool cool cool cool cool cool

Ogaga4Luv, be sure of roting in hell,

JE S U S Christ is the only Way, Life and the Truth. Without him woe to you in hell fire. there is no two ways about it.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2009
Maykelly. . .,i pity you you for all the time been wasted on that Jewish zombie,Accept who?? .c'mon,i never get worried or feeling uncomfortable in Hell , though i try to open your eyez wilder to see beyond what you are thinking about the whole thing of religion. , sad why are you so difficult to put through??.note!,a word is enough for the wise!!
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by alimat2(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2009
i think we need to think very deep before answering this question. if we all agree that those that do not believe in Jesus will go to hell so what will happen to those that live before the birth of Jesus
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by yinkus1(f): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
me i dont believe in that it depend on ur believe, and the lord said we should jugde anybody.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2009
Hey Girls. . .im here to convince you that we are already in Hell!,i knew you may find it so difficult to believe,but with the deep knowledge on relligion & spiritaulity and here to put you true,though!sounds strange but its real. You are already in Hell,im already welcome to hell!,if you may ask,where is the Hell?:the earth is the Hell.we human being has been deceived by relligion leadres who claims. . . and decieving people from all nations.
only the brilliant thinkers have gain full knowledge about the truth.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by mantraa: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
If you don't believe in Allah and his final messenger Mohammed you will also go to hell.

If you don't believe in Haile Salassie as the son of God you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Joseph Smith you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Dwight York you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Ron Hubbard you will go to hell.

If you don't believe in Jim Jones you will go to hell

If you don't believe in David Koresh you are going to hell.

Etc. etc. etc. There are countless other Gods, sons of Gods, and final messengers that one must believe in to avoid going to hell.

It seems to me that the only people who are going to hell are the people who DO believe in it.  tongue
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2009
wink wink wink wink wink
mantraa:

If you don't believe in Allah and his final messenger Mohammed you will also go to hell.

If you don't believe in Haile Salassie as the son of God you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Joseph Smith you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Dwight York you will go to hell.

If you dont believe in Ron Hubbard you will go to hell.

If you don't believe in Jim Jones you will go to hell

If you don't believe in David Koresh you are going to hell.

Etc. etc. etc. There are countless other Gods, sons of Gods, and final messengers that one must believe in to avoid going to hell.

It seems to me that the only people who are going to hell are the people who DO believe in it.  tongue
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by osisi2(f): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
Christ is the way,truth and life
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
Osisi. . .you too embarassed by the way,who told you all these??
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by alimat2(f): 6:19pm On Feb 23, 2009
na ny great great great papa tell me,because i be omo agba
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Maykelly(f): 9:36am On Feb 25, 2009
Ogaga4Luv, your as confused as your master. If you don't accept Lord Jesus you will not make heaven - your place is hell
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by aus123(m): 9:46am On Feb 25, 2009
Let God be the judge of all,

His ways are not are ways!

Whether we Xtians or Muslim, since we are made in the image of God.

We should all strive to live an upright life and love our nieghbours.

The aspect of Hell no hell is an exclusive jurisdiction of the Almight.
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2009
[size=13pt]Hell must definately be inherit by many.  .  .Satan Loves his Children,we love obeying all his Commandments. Hey brotha,Welcome to HELL.[/size]
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by Thor(m): 5:36pm On Mar 26, 2009
If you believe all the bullshit then yes, if you have half a brain and can think for yourself, then you will know that the answer is NO!

Neither of them exist other than in the minds of deluded and easily led individuals  undecided
Re: Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? by vanitty: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2009
What i find interesting is the level of commitment unbelievers put into trying to debunk the existence of Jesus
Each to his/her own
Back to topic
If you don't believe in Jesus then why will u believe in hell?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Devine Revelation To Samuel Oghenetega ,a 14 Years Old Boy / Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / Angel Descends From Heaven In RCCG Ebute-Metta Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.