Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army (5253 Views)

Nigerian & Cameroonian CJTFs Carryout Successful Operation Against Boko Haram(pi / Cameroonian Army Captures Suleiman Shehu aka Naira, Boko Haram Top Shot / Graphic Photos Of 143 Boko Haram Fighters Killed By Cameroonian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYp18S8bedE

[size=15pt]Cameroonian Army is better than Nigerian Army[/size]

Nigerian Army Heading Towards Rag Tag Status

Nigerian Commentators Kayode Ogundamisi and Temitope Olodo shared their views on The Boko Harram Insurgency and Efforts Being Made by Cameroon to tackle the insurgency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Unionised(m): 12:01am On Jan 22, 2015
Opinion...
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Ikengawo: 12:03am On Jan 22, 2015
boring...

2 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 12:06am On Jan 22, 2015
Unionised:
Opinion...

Facts, watch the video first before posting

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by midolian(m): 12:09am On Jan 22, 2015
Considering the way the nigerian army has bn politicized, I jst have to agree with you. If not, na when lizard enter water wey hin dey form crocodile (comparing camerounian army to nigerian). Nigerian army used to be very much respected buh now, corruption haz killed everything.

Buh m sure its a matter of time. By God's grace, the General will b victorious in the forthcoming election and he ll restore all that z bn lost

4 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 11:55am On Jan 22, 2015
midolian:
Considering the way the nigerian army has bn politicized, I jst have to agree with you. If not, na when lizard enter water wey hin dey form crocodile (comparing camerounian army to nigerian). Nigerian army used to be very much respected buh now, corruption haz killed everything.

Buh m sure its a matter of time. By God's grace, the General will b victorious in the forthcoming election and he ll restore all that z bn lost

Boko Haram members get their arms from the Nigerian Armed Forces

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2015
Horus:

Boko Haram members get their arms from the Nigerian Armed Forces

Including the camerounian army.

And NO, the camerounian military isn't better than the Nigerian military.
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Missy89(f): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Henry120:

Cameroon is not loosing huge chuck of territory to Boko haram , They are giving live reports to things happening on ground and are not blaming a newspaper. Yes they are better. Have you seen the latest stockpile of weapons ceded to the insurgents by the NA?

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 12:31pm On Jan 22, 2015
Henry120:

You talk out of sentiment and blind patriotism, and you are refusing to deal with facts. There is complicity by the highest levels of the Nigerian state and ruling elite to allow these killings for political reasons. There is also corruption; Nigerian soldiers have often claimed that their budgeted allowance for dangerous field duties are shaved off by commanders.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
Missy89:

Cameroon is not loosing huge chuck of territory to Boko haram , They are giving live reports to things happening on ground and are not blaming a newspaper. Yes they are better. Have you seen the latest stockpile of weapons ceded to the insurgents by the NA?

Actually they are. BH controls the Lake Chad southern border up to Kouserri and down to Waza. Dagmee, Soueeram. Amchide and Ashigashiya all in cameroun are under siege.

They are not better than the Nigerian military.

Yes, I have seen the stock pile. we've always had a proliferation of SALW in the region, making a propaganda video out of it is designed to elicit this sort of reaction you're currently showing, and casts doubt on the military's ability. It is classic terrorist propaganda tactic, a cosmetic design.

The military is strong, and would decisively deal with this insurgency. No amount of terrorist propaganda would erase the gains the military has and continues to make in clearing of terrorists from initially seized areas.

7 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Missy89(f): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Henry120:

Actually they are. BH controls the Lake Chad southern border up to Kouserri and down to Waza. Dagmee, Soueeram. Amchide and Ashigashiya all in cameroun are under siege.

Yes, I have seen the stock pile. we've always had a proliferation of SALW in the region, making a propaganda video out of it is designed to elicit this sort of reaction you're currently showing, and casts doubt on the military ability. It is classic terrorist propaganda tactic.

The military is strong, and would decisively deal with this insurgency. No amount of terrorist propaganda would erase the gains the military has and continues to make in clearing of terrorists from initially seized areas.

The military has a PR and political problem. Why are they not embedding journalists?
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
Horus:

You talk out of sentiment and blind patriotism, and you are refusing to deal with facts. There is complicity by the highest levels of the Nigerian state and ruling elite to allow these killings for political reasons. There is also corruption; Nigerian soldiers have often claimed that their budgeted allowance for dangerous field duties are shaved off by commanders.

I make my post based on facts i'm privy to. Nigerian troops serving in the N.E get their full entitlements payed to them.

Provide us with records of this claimed corruption?

Can you also prove your claim of complicity by the Presidency? Did the presidency pay millions of dollars in ransoms to free french hostages, chinese and the camerounian vice-premier's wife?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 22, 2015
Missy89:

The military has a PR and political problem. Why are they not embedding journalists?

This is what I agree with. The military has a P.R problem. It still isn't enough reason for fellow country men to tactically support the insurgents.

Nigeria is a mix of political/ethnic/religious broth, trying to navigate our differences is like playing Russian roulette. If we had been better able to better compromise and understand our differences we would have been able to deal with this problem. However, this stage is well and truly behind us.

However that state of helplessness foreign/ terrorist aiding propagators like in the AFP/CNN/ BBC and their Nigerian collaborators like to paint the Nigerian military as is rubbish.

The Americans spent 20 years, 500 billion dollars and 3 presidents trying to Kill Osama bin laden. If terrorism were so easy, those Americans shouldn't be back in Iraq after 9 years of military occupation.

Neither would the need to spend over 13 years, 130,000+ American troops (alone) trying to defeat a Rag-Tag taliban group.

Well, as long as it's in Africa, let us play into that stereotype of helplessness, corruption and bad governance. It is always the default narrative.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
Henry120:

I make my post based on facts i'm privy to. Nigerian troops serving in the N.E get their full entitlements payed to them.

Provide us with records of this claimed corruption?

Can you also prove your claim of complicity by the Presidency? Did the presidency pay millions of dollars in ransoms to free french hostages, chinese and the camerounian vice-premier's wife?

My post was clear and accurate: budgeted allowance for dangerous field duties are shaved off by commanders in the
Nigerian Army. Show me how the Nigerian Army is better when they cannot even enter Sambisa Forest and when they cannot free even one of the missing girls?. GEJ was among leaders who condemned the attack in Paris by Islamic extremists on the French satirical Charlie Hebdo, yet no words from him about the slaughter of 2000 civilians by militants in his own country. This "leader" and his "Army" is now the laughing stock of the world. You are just blinded by patriotism, and if you dont realise that the Nigerian Army need a huge restructuring then you are not helping your own soldiers
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 23, 2015
Horus:

My post was clear and accurate: budgeted allowance for dangerous field duties are shaved off by commanders in the
Nigerian Army. Show me how the Nigerian Army is better when they cannot even enter Sambisa Forest and when they cannot free even one of the missing girls?. GEJ was among leaders who condemned the attack in Paris by Islamic extremists on the French satirical Charlie Hebdo, yet no words from him about the slaughter of 2000 civilians by militants in his own country. This "leader" and his "Army" is now the laughing stock of the world. You are just blinded by patriotism, and if you dont realise that the Nigerian Army need a huge restructuring then you are not helping your own soldiers

Can you provide proof, veritable evidence to back your spurious claim of corruption?

Let us see evidence, paste hard evidence. Your words/posts are nothing.

This is the Nigerian Army in sambisa forest

"The Director of Defence Information, Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade made the disclosure at a session with Editors and Defence Correspondents, which was organized by Nigerian Initiative, a non-governmental organization active in the redefinition of Nigerians’ perception of their country.

He said: “What makes it difficult to get to Sambisa Forest? All of it is strategic, gentlemen. We are not even completely out of Sambisa Forest as I am talking to you. We are in Sambisa Forest and we are in places contiguous to it."

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2014/08/chibok-girls-nigerian-troops-are-in.html?m=1

Showing the Nigerian military is better is what I do very often, not a day goes by, I don't prove the military is better in this forum. The Nigerian military is a well-equipped, well trained force, with a proud and extremely rich military history. You been incensed by my show of absolute patriotism shows how naive and easy to deceive by western fuelled terrorist propaganda.

Did you kill 2000 citizens in baga, how you been able to verify the claims made? Did you count 2000 dead?

On the contrary, this leader has done more for the military and security of the lives of his fellow citizens than any other leader since shagari.
Apparently, the most powerful man in the world can't protect his citizens, but is first to send commiserations to the french.

He has on countless occasions demanded the world do more in tackling terrorism and the Proliferation of SALW.

The only laughing stock I see is Obama and his gullible slaves in the west.

Chicago = over 500 violent murders a year
Detriot = over 400 murders a year
Maryland= over 400 murders a year
Baltimore= over 350 murders a year
L.A. = over 350 murders a year.
Etc etc etc

What you need, Sir, is a re-orientation.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 23, 2015
Henry120:

seconded.
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 23, 2015
Henry120:

Yes, I have seen the stock pile. we've always had a proliferation of SALW in the region, making a propaganda video out of it is designed to elicit this sort of reaction you're currently showing, and casts doubt on the military's ability. It is classic terrorist propaganda tactic, a cosmetic design.

. Lots of arms are moving from CAR tru cameroon. Frm libya tru chad.

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 23, 2015
The NA is far above cameroonian army.
Our boys have better skills n experience
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by chronique(m): 1:22am On Jan 23, 2015
At Henry120: good one. Don't be surprised about what some nairalanders think. You know Africans usually prefer to belive the West than to believe themselves. A case study is Libya. Americans decieved them into destroying their country under the guise that Ghadaffi was bad. Now Libya is in ruins;it's no longer that strong and self sulficient country that Ghadaffi left behind. Nigeria will not fall into that trap by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by fydence: 5:23am On Jan 23, 2015
Henry120:

Can you provide proof, veritable evidence to back your spurious claim of corruption?

"The Director of Defence Information, Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade made the disclosure at a session with Editors and Defence Correspondents, which was organized by Nigerian Initiative, a non-governmental organization active in the redefinition of Nigerians’ perception of their country.

He said: “What makes it difficult to get to Sambisa Forest? All of it is strategic, gentlemen. We are not even completely out of Sambisa Forest as I am talking to you. We are in Sambisa Forest and we are in places contiguous to it."

Showing the Nigerian military is better is what I do very often, not a day goes by, I don't prove the military is better in this forum. The Nigerian military is a well-equipped, well trained force, with a proud and extremely rich military history. You been incensed by my show of absolute patriotism shows how naive and easy to deceive by western fuelled terrorist propaganda.

Did you kill 2000 citizens in baga, how you been able to verify the claims made? Did you count 2000 dead?

On the contrary, this leader has done more for the military and security of the lives of his fellow citizens than any other leader since shagari.
Apparently, the most powerful man in the world can't protect his citizens, but is first to send commiserations to the french.

He has on countless occasions demanded the world do more in tackling terrorism and the Proliferation of SALW.

Etc etc etc

there has to be a way to honour men like u. I dnt understand how nigerians cn swallow just anything from western propaganda machines without facts and against their own country. A Well deserved e-round of applause for you.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 23, 2015
Here we go again,NIGERIANS !
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by stillchris: 7:02am On Jan 23, 2015
fydence:
there has to be a way to honour men like u. I dnt understand how nigerians cn swallow just anything from western propaganda machines without facts and against their own country. A Well deserved e-round of applause for you.

that's what happens when you have a society of ignorant, gullible and western as5 lickers.

and i also blame the military and the FG PR management in this war. it's enough to discourage any citizen without proper military knowledge.

just look at how the cameroonians have carrried journalists along. that's the only area i think they are far batter than us.
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 7:03am On Jan 23, 2015
Henry120:

Etc etc etc

1 - The Nigerian military Never went in Sambisa Forest (Military Propaganda) . Not even one missing girl found anywhere in Nigeria. Who care about proud and extremely rich military history when there is no result. Where are the missing girls?

2 - Yes we counted more than 2000 deads http://www.amnestyusa.org/news/press-releases/nigeria-massacre-possibly-deadliest-in-boko-haram-s-history

And where was The Nigerian military when Boko Haram massacred women, childrens and ederly in Baga?.
I forget that the Nigerian military are very, well trained to runaway cowardly from terrorists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxPK6xdukQ

[size=15pt]Nigerian Army And Civilians Fleeing From Boko Haram[/size]

This video shows "well-equipped, well trained" Nigerian soldiers fleeing a massive Boko Haram attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRMUYlvqUBI

[size=15pt]Massive Corruption in the Army - Boko Haram Are Getting Arms From The Nigerian Armed Forces[/size]

Ever wondered where the Islamist sect Boko haram get their arms?. A Public Affairs Analyst says the members of Boko Haram get their arms from the corrupt Nigerian Armed Forces. He said that the arms are gotten whenever they attack Police stations and military posts. (See video from Channels TV above)

3 - Now provide your evidences that there is zero corruption in The Nigerian Armed Forces

4 - What does your stats about murders in the US have to do with the topic or Cameroon?

5 - What you need, Sir, is to erase your surdimentional big ego . (It make you blind to see the facts)

Again!, where was the "well-equipped, well trained" Nigerian military when Boko Haram massacred
women, childrens and ederly in Baga?

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 23, 2015
chronique:
At Henry120: good one. Don't be surprised about what some nairalanders think. You know Africans usually prefer to belive the West than to believe themselves. A case study is Libya. Americans decieved them into destroying their country under the guise that Saddam was bad. Now Libya is in ruins;it's no longer that strong and self sulficient country that Saddam left behind. Nigeria will not fall into that trap by God's grace.
Ghadaffi you mean?
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Horus(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2015
alekside:
Ghadaffi you mean?

He mean that he want to compare the Great Ghadaffi to the clueless GEJ grin
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by taharqa: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2015
Of course, d Nigeria military is way better than d Cameroon in army.

But we won't even be having this discussion if the Nigerian Army didn't make it a habit those days to enlist ILLITERATES like Buhari into its ranks upon the mere promise of his principal that he believes 'he WILL pass his School Cert including English and Mathematics ' undecided
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Nobody: 8:12am On Jan 23, 2015
Henry120:

This is what I agree with. The military has a P.R problem. It still isn't enough reason for fellow country men to tactically support the insurgents.

Nigeria is a mix of political/ethnic/religious broth, trying to navigate our differences is like playing Russian roulette. If we had been better able to better compromise and understand our differences we would have been able to deal with this problem. However, this stage is well and truly behind us.

However that state of helplessness foreign/ terrorist aiding propagators like in the AFP/CNN/ BBC and their Nigerian collaborators like to paint the Nigerian military as is rubbish.

The Americans spent 20 years, 500 billion dollars and 3 presidents trying to Kill Osama bin laden. If terrorism were so easy, those Americans shouldn't be back in Iraq after 9 years of military occupation.

Neither would the need to spend over 13 years, 130,000+ American troops (alone) trying to defeat a Rag-Tag taliban group.

Well, as long as it's in Africa, let us play into that stereotype of helplessness, corruption and bad governance. It is always the default narrative.

Osama Bin Laden[a.k.a Tim Osman] died of kidney failure in December 2001. Do not just swallow whatever information the U.S Government disseminates. They are known for their lies, manipulations & propaganda.

Nigerian Army is getting weaker by the day due to Polarization & Corruption.

Apart from the lies told that the wife of Cameroonian Deputy Prime Minister was released by Boko Haram, their Military is much more effective, unlike our NA making unnecessary tactical withdrawal into another Nation's territory.

BTW; General Chris Olukolade should be fired!

1 Like

Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by chronique(m): 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
Yea. Mixed it up. Unfortunately,America applied same tactics for both leaders but with different variants.
alekside:
Ghadaffi you mean?
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by Cannonleo(m): 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
DEATHMACHINE:
Here we go again,NIGERIANS !
no mind them abeg..we know the real issues
Re: Cameroonian Army Is Better Than Nigerian Army by igbo2011(m): 6:49am On Feb 12, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Killed These Ones By Firing Squad Without Due Process Nor Trial(pictures) / 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language / Presidency Begins National Consultation On Farmers-herders Conflicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.