Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

‘the Object Of My Worship” – By Charly Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘the Object Of My Worship” – By Charly Boy (630 Views)

Ibrahim Magu's Rejection: 'I Just Dey Vex' - By Charly Boy - Must Read / That Andrew Yakubu By Charly Boy (areafada) / The Street Bread-Seller That Turns Into Object Of Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘the Object Of My Worship” – By Charly Boy by Nobody: 5:06am On Jan 22, 2015
Controversial area fada, Charly Boy Oputa has addressed his religion/religious views in his new write-up titled ”The Object of my Worship”. Read below:

“No, I no dey suck human blood, I no be general overseer for illuminati, I no dey Ogboni or for cult, e don doooooooo. You People no go kill me with laugh for Naija. The way eyes dey red now, you go think say Apollo catch dem. Many guys dey write me say dem wan join illuminati, Cheai, there is Godoooo.
I dey sure say the church buildings wey dey Nigeria pass our population. So called men of god wey dey town don dey assume the proportion of China. All looking for their next Mugu. Una no see me joor.I have been queried a lot about my faith these days. Do I believe in God? Do I believe in Jesus? Do I pray and to who or what? I guess for many, they probably cannot wrap their minds around my spirituality. Am sure some people even think say I be native doctor as na only me dey take siesta inside coffin when I never die.

No vex, na my life and I dey rock-am anyhow, no homo. Some people dey form good Christians because dem wan go heaven, me I just dey denge dey pose because am living my own small heaven right here on this earth for this Nigeria. I no wan wait till I die. Even some of my Muslim brothers wey wan fast track dem own dey even do suicide bombing. Na only Naija Christains wey dey fear death yet dem all wan go heaven. Haba.

Most Nigerians who have heavily invested in their Christianity believe that the concept of any other faith should be considered false. So how do I start to speak to narrow-minded Christians to understand that Buddhism is a wholesome practice for everyone, even the Christians themselves?
Take some time out and research, go to google, you will for sure see so many books on the topic, where Buddhism and Christianity agree in philosophy; in fact, with some of the key factors of most world religions. Also, the best of the Bible and Buddhism both converge on the areas of ethics, kindness, giving, and love.

Too many practitioners of all faiths focus on the rewards at the endof our journey, when the rewards and purpose are the journey itself according to the teaching of Buddha.

While I may not be a religious person, I believe in Jesus/Christianity, I do not deny it. While I do not believe in the afterlife as Christians do, if those who follow it embody the qualities of Jesus in the here and now, then I embrace their practice as successful and good. While Buddhism is a faith of self-realization in the practice of here and now. Christianity is a practice for the afterlife of God’s revelation.

No matter how my Naija Christian brothers dey see God, my own way different. I see our Creator as one that does not interfere with the world in which we live, but only touches the heart of man to let him know He (God) is there. It is up to man to make his volitional choices using his free will, and making his own happiness

http://www.rum704.com/2015/01/22/the-object-of-my-worship-by-charly-boy/
Re: ‘the Object Of My Worship” – By Charly Boy by speakthetruth: 5:11am On Jan 22, 2015
He shd cont rocking it any how. Whtat goes around comes around.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: 'when Your Mrs Earns More Than You'...lol / 'if She Smokes'.... Wiz Khalifa On The Girl He Wants. / Olamide blasts people Constantly Judging him Based On His Social media Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.