Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money (39897 Views)

Bayelsa Monarch 'Progress-Never-Die' Struggling For His Life In Hospital(Pic / Nigerian Soldier Killed While Fighting For Nigeria (photo) / Struggling For The Money At My Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by simpleseyi: 6:25am On Jan 22, 2015
A 25-year-old man, Kingsley Ughala, has been shot dead while struggling to share the money dashed out by a politician after a rally of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State.

The incident happened on Friday afternoon in the Gbagada area of the state.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Kingsley had followed the APC to a rally and returned with some group of boys who later besieged the campaign office of the APC governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode, for “settlement.”

Our correspondent was told that after money was given out to the men, trouble started when a particular group wanted to pocket the largesse.

In the ensuing scuffle, the Imo State indigene was shot dead.

His corpse was said to have been deposited at the Gbagada General Hospital mortuary.

It was learnt that the police, had however arrested a suspect, Abayomi Ayeni.

A resident of the area, Jegede Johnson, said the victim was killed around 4pm.

He said, “It happened around the APC campaign office in Gbagada. After they finished their rally for the day, some group of boys returned to the campaign office for settlement.

“They were given some money to share among themselves.

“A fight broke out when one of the groups wanted to go away with the money.

“The struggle was intense, and at a point one of the groups brought out a gun and shot the guy dead.”

The victim’s father, Samuel, a carpenter, said he had returned from work in the evening of the fateful day when he learnt his son had been killed.

“I returned from work at about 9pm and I heard my son was killed. By that time, it was too late for me to go out so I waited till the following day which was a Saturday. I reported the matter at the Ifako Police Station.

“He had just finished his apprenticeship and we were looking for a job for him when he was killed. He was the third out of my six children.”

The victim’s elder brother, Chima, said, “I learnt that my brother was struggling for the money with those boys. When they entered a bus, they shot and killed him.”

It was gathered that the matter had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, where the suspect was also being held.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirmed the incident.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/jobless-youth-killed-while-struggling-for-campaign-money/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by eaglechild: 6:27am On Jan 22, 2015
Very sad.
Political parties should desist from using money to campaign.

APC supporters have continued to display gruesome acts of violence even amongst themselves.

Is this the Nigeria they want to build for us.

Say no to political violence.

Say no to money politics.

Say no to APC.

GEJ till 2019.

232 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Redoil: 6:35am On Jan 22, 2015
Killing jobless people with APC janj.awe.ed and BH ideologies have been their stock in trade since time immemorial.
The kind of Lies been told by APC cyber dogs like egift omenka barcanista passingshot saibuhari gbawe berem predate man and every living thing on earth.
The kind of Lie coming out of the mouth of APC warlords caused the problem we are in today.
Lie makes tinubu having 6 private jet to the detriment of lagosians.
Lies from APC makes BH to slaugther milions of people hoping to be compesated with 72 virgins which is the age of buhari.
POSITIVE SIDE OF LIE
We (men) lie to get into women's pants
we (women) lie to get into men's pocket
we lie to get what we want at no cost
we lie about our age e.g buhari claiming to be 72years when he is actully 82.
We lie to ganner public vote and sympathy.
As for pastors own i will leave that to God's judgement.

133 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by watered(m): 6:39am On Jan 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by brownlord: 6:42am On Jan 22, 2015
Serves him right, Banicansta, berem and co should learn from this

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Disclaimer: 6:42am On Jan 22, 2015
APC sharing money, killed a innocent Nigerian in the process. It's a pity he met his death clamoring for chicken change. undecided

47 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by brownlord: 6:44am On Jan 22, 2015
Disclaimer:
APC sharing money, killed a innocent Nigerian in the process.

How is he innocent? what if the idiat was also armed and was overpowered by OPC boys? thought ibos said only yoruba are slaves to northerners, never knew ibo also parading as thugs to yoruba.

In GEJ's voice "I don't give a damn"

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 22, 2015
So sad... All hope of him to be succesful in life finally lost. God help us in naija

4 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by mrborntodoit: 7:36am On Jan 22, 2015
Election money = Blood money

Rip !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by kingthreat(m): 7:49am On Jan 22, 2015
In Nigeria, much of elections campaign is run by thugs.

2 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Monimatic(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2015
APC n death

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2015
If only the PDP-led FG had provided jobs for the teeming Youths, nobody would have struggled to share some money from these politicians. This is why we want a change in government. We need jobs for the ever increasing unemployed. We need to avert more loss of our citizens. We also need strong enforcement of relevant laws that discourages monetisation of campaign. I appeal to our youths to shun violence, let us endure this visionless government for this short period till M Buhari is sworn in.

Vote Change, Vote Buhari! RIP to the dead

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:40am On Jan 22, 2015
I was also jobless in 2011, and I didn't fight to share For one fucking 1000 naira..

so, we shld blame the party?

22 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by EloquentMedia: 1:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
There is a massive tidal wave of change sweeping over the world. The reason for this change is the desire to remove existing corrupt governments. This desire for change is justified. Nevertheless it is important that we understand that genuine change involves a process of sincere and dedicated sacrifice by genuine patriots coming together to build a new nation established on proper foundations. In Libya they said anything but Gaddafi. Look at Libya today. In Egypt they said anything but Mubarak. They ended up with the Muslim brotherhood. In Syria they said anything but Assad. They have Isil and madness. In America they said change we can believe in. Now they have a man who has destroyed the moral fabric of the country and is attempting to force homosexuality and perversion throughout the entire world. In all these cases the desire for change was genuine but not properly worked out. I believe the same spirit has come to Nigeria. We also need change but let us build it on proper foundations.
Please think on these things.
It begins with you!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by danaiks(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Chai!!.....Igbo people and money sef!!!
Money is the root of all evil ooo sad

6 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Williamso(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
So sad that the youths refuse to give way to reason. How much could they possibly want to collect that is worth a life? These are the same people that will vote for a candidate who will give them as little as 10k, then spend the succeeding four years complaining of bad governance, *spits*
And some silly myopic people will come here with their delusively deranged mentality of pitching one party against another.
We should realize a life is worth more than partisanship and begin to think with our brains and not our hearts (emotions) or our pockets!!!

I wouldn't say he deserved to die (definitely not), but he put himself in harms way. RIP to the dead...

#SayNoToElectoralViolence #NoToVoteTrading angry angry angry angry

18 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by courage54(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
This is to show the high level of poverty caused by JONATHAN but true NIGERIANS are yearning for CHANGE. Nigerians need a leader who can provide solutions to all their questions.

Not like JONATHAN that when we complain of shortage of power supply he will tell us BUHARI has no certificate, when we complain of Boko-haram he will tell us BUHARI can not remember his phone number, when we complain of our missing girls, he will tell us BUHARI can not use a computer, when will complain of UNEMPLOYMENT he will tell us BUHARI has cancer. How does all those responses bring solutions to our questions?

This election is not about JONATHAN or BUHARI but is about YOUR future and my FUTURE and the future of our generation unborn.

The CHANGE we need is here.

SAI BUHARI/OSIBANJO

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-delta.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by asapyoms(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
So he won't get to see Buhari in Aso Rock? sad

RIP. Money should never be so prioritised.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
RIP to the dead.
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by HAkorehdeh(m): 1:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
K
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
Welcome to the oil driven society.

Where the young people struggle for their share of the oil kudi....instead of struggling to invent new things, or develop new ideas.

Where there are no jobs...because the industries have been stifled and beaten back by imports fueled by oil lucre.

Where discussion about the economy is how we share the oil money rather than how we use our limited resources to make more money and resources.

Where every Nigerians thinks we are rich....BUT we are not. We are a poor nation who thinks that poverty can be alleviated by looking for resources to sell....so that we can share the money.

We won't invest in ideas. We won't work hard at something. We won't build our own planes, cars, air conditioners, lorries, tv sets, railway carriages, clothes, etc...BECAUSE...we prefer to chop the crumbs from Master's table.

And in this election PDP and APC....the guilty party here...have no ideas how to develop an oil free economy.

No....it is all worhtless talk.

Nigerians....am sorry...but this is what you get and deserve. Stomach infrastructure govt. Until you wake up and realise that there is no unlimited pot of gold....and you have to work hard to make a living

Oil is a curse.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by ichidodo: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
APC..Their lies,blood and death

21 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by englishmart(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
he was killed? Hope he didn't die sha
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Simitrendy: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
If dat ineptitude man from otuoke give dem employment shey dem goo dey struggle to collect campaigns money unti feBUHARI GMB-OSINBAJO
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Thinkr(m): 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
barcanista:
[s]If only the PDP-led FG had provided jobs for the teeming Youths, nobody would have struggled to share some money from these politicians. This is why we want a change in government. We need jobs for the ever increasing unemployed. We need to avert more loss of our citizens. We also need strong enforcement of relevant laws that discourages monetisation of campaign. I appeal to our youths to shun violence, let us endure this visionless government for this short period till M Buhari is sworn in.

Vote Change, Vote Buhari! RIP to the dead[/s]
Next smiley

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nutase: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
dey don sacrifrice dat one. angry

1 Like

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by bamidele029: 1:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
The boy is a well known area boy, I though the nairaland trolls claim there are no Igbo area boys lipsrsealed you come from IMO to come and be area boy in Lagos, shame

10 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
Now that he is dead Will the polithiefcian politician come for his burial undecided mtschew ... angry
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Jnrbayerno(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
Blood is already spilling
baboons are already dieing.
lies are spreading and some people are here shouting
chANGE....CHANGE. please what is the change?
more bloods and heads will role....grand Pa
continue...RIP to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
How much is the money sef that people have to die for? Sigh. sad
Re: Jobless Youth Killed While Struggling For Campaign Money by stonemind(f): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
F

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Malami Withdraws From Kebbi Governorship, To Remain As AGF / Peter Obi: I Did Not Donate N1 Billion To COVID-19 Relief Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.