Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega (24151 Views)

INEC Can Not Conduct Kogi And Bayelsa Elections: Femi Falana / "I Will Accept Any Government Appointment From Buhari" – Jega / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by itetemi: 6:36am On Jan 22, 2015
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has maintained that the commission cannot disqualify the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), even if he does not present his senior school certificates in the future.

Jega, who spoke on Wednesday night during an interview on a Channels TV programme, titled, Straight Talk With Kadaria, said those asking the commission to disqualify Buhari were free to go to court.

He said the Electoral Law permitted that if any presidential candidate cited any documents that he could not produce, he could swear to an affidavit.

On the eligibility of Buhari and the calls for INEC to disqualify him, Jega said, “When a political party presents a candidate and he meets all the requirements of submission -deadline and the forms- INEC cannot reject such a candidate.

“There is a provision that the candidates should provide documentary evidence of whatever qualification they have cited, but the law also permits that if you cite documents and you don’t have photocopies, you can swear to an affidavit and in this case, INEC by the provision of the section 31 of the Electoral Act cannot disqualify an appropriately nominated candidate of any party. We can deregister a political party, but the law says we must accept any candidate; it is a matter for the court, they are free to go to the court.”

The INEC boss also allayed fears over cloned Permanent Voter Cards, allegedly made to rig the forthcoming elections.

He said any cloned PVC would be detected by the card readers.

He said, “They can attempt to clone our cards but they cannot succeed. The card reader would detect any fraud. We are 100 percent sure that no cloned card will be used.”

Responding to a report that the Department of State Service had access to INEC’s database, Jega also dismissed the claims.

He said although the DSS approached INEC to carry out investigations on certain electoral crimes, the commission didn’t release the private data of voters to the DSS.

He said, “By law, we are supposed to protect the secrecy of the voters and we have a lot of information in our database. We have not made our database accessible to anybody. The DSS came to investigate, they asked questions and we are willing to assist any security agency to do a thorough investigation to determine whether there is a crime or attempt to commit a crime.”

Speaking about his plans after the end of his tenure in June, Jega said he would go back to teaching.

“I came into this job, I did my best. I think five years is okay for anybody to make a change and allow some other people to take over and do their best. I am grateful to the Almighty God who gave me the opportunity to discharge these duties well. I supervised the 2011 elections that were adjudged one of the best elections in the country. We are the only administration that has conducted two elections consecutively and we are doing everything possible to make all a success. I will return to teaching after my tenure ends.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/inec-cant-disqualify-buhari-jega-insists/

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by shawnfamous(m): 6:38am On Jan 22, 2015
dats what we want! Don't disqualify him! We want him to loose so dey won't say it ws because e was disqualified! Gej all d way

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by xreal: 6:40am On Jan 22, 2015
No!
You for no talk am.
You could had kept it in your mind.
This guy from Otuoke may decide to replace you with
a girl friend woman from the east, before election starts.

24 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:40am On Jan 22, 2015
Well, if they like they should disqualify him, if they like they should not disqualify, the problem is that buhari still don't know the meaning of INEC, so INEC should just give up and allow him to contest and lose too, we are waiting for his crying selfies after feb 14th...

Meanwhile GEJ till 2019.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by TCD: 6:44am On Jan 22, 2015
anyone who thinks PDP takes this certificate saga serious and truly belives GMB has no certificates is living in no man's land. they are just grasping at straws to deceive small minds out there.

Did you really think if buhari had no certificates and Jonathan is aware, that INEC wouldn't have disqualified him since or police arrested him for forgery.

they know they have no case. they just want to make it a PR nightmare. Alas they have failed.

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by lilbabyak(m): 6:45am On Jan 22, 2015
The Oracle (INEC ) has spoken let them go and hug transformer. hoops I forget say light no even dey. go and hug mikano but I no sure say it will work. Just go and drink otapiapia

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP would have gone to court since ,but they know their fate

same reason why they didn't take him to court for his alleged ungovernable speech, Bokoharam sponsor and their so many lies

PDP is shi t they're full of liars and rogues

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by wirinet(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2015
He said, “By law, we are supposed to protect the secrecy of the voters and we have a lot of information in our database. We have not made our database accessible to anybody. The DSS came to investigate, they asked questions and we are willing to assist any security agency to do a thorough investigation to determine whether there is a crime or attempt to commit a crime.”

So where did Merilyn Ogar get the info that APC had access to INECs datadase? and were they so sure that APC was cloning INECs database?

28 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by ggrin(f): 6:57am On Jan 22, 2015
WAEC is not enough! Buhari must provide his original school uniform he used in Primary Schoolcheesy

Sai buhari wink

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by egift(m): 6:58am On Jan 22, 2015

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Ellidude(m): 7:03am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP in shock and big trouble.

15 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by omenka(m): 7:05am On Jan 22, 2015
I see Jega as PDP's next target. They'd try and get that man out of the way as soon as possible. He should watch his back.

All we need is a level play ground for all parties. Let the best man win.

20 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by SweetJoystick(m): 7:07am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP go to court angry, shameless supporters can as well carry placards grin

11 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by quinnboy: 7:20am On Jan 22, 2015
Still laughing in Swahili Oº°ºooOº°ºoo

1 Like

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by mrvitalis(m): 7:45am On Jan 22, 2015
now u guys have had from jaga .....what else

2 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by itetemi: 8:16am On Jan 22, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by hopeforcharles(m): 9:01am On Jan 22, 2015
Nice move, at least he has been vindicated. Reformation is needed to change the pendulum swing of activities in Nigeria to positive. APC will be shake the political landscape of Nigeria, I want them politicians to know that We the citizen, (mob) dictates what happens in the country(Rome)

7 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Rilwayne001: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2015
[size=16pt] PDP will now finally die of heart attack [/size] grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2044388_apc_jpegac400acfc063c990eecab1effb6ce5fc

12 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Sanchez01: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2015
[size=14pt]This is the blow. TANoids, henceforth, let no one cry foul again because you all know the way to court. Meanwhile, make una take small air...
[/size]

26 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by ignis: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2015
Disqualify or no disqualify, Buhari is not nearing that seat till human beings completely evolve to higher animal. .. Let's allow him to fail and cry honourably as usual.

6 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by BokoHaramm: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2015
He should resign honourably that is Buhari

5 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by emalek86(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
No need, you remember that quote “let my enemy live long and see what I will become in future” let's change it to “let my opponent contest against me and see how I will win him in February 14” GEJ forever.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by mcdokwe(m): 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
one can not help but laugh at the pathetic Nigerian
situation. The saga would continue to drag and
create a precedence. there is so much to this but we
aren't seeing them because we are already drawn
up against each other as a result of our preferences,
facts are no longer facts.
I am not going to be bothered about the authenticity
of the result released, but I expected the integrity
General to come clean, we all know that at a
particular time in history, the army was filled more
with and by quota system rather than qualification
(this is for those basing their argument on his rising
to become a general) and a good pointer is the
interview granted by IBB on how they were
encouraged to join the army while in school.
We need to tell ourselves the truth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by taiwoflb: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2015
This is true INEC is not constitutionally empowered to disqualify Buhari

Buhari Was Our Classmate In 1961– Abdullahi, Coomassie
Source: http://e reporter.com.ng/index.php/political-news/item/2711-buhari-was-our-classmate-in-1961-abdullahi-coomassie

1 Like

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by coolhamid(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Many Educated illiterates on Nairaland claiming to be graduates. So you expect INEC to disqualify GMB when the constitution is really clear on the issue of qualification ??
To all saTANISTS, try and lay your hands on a copy of Nigeria constitution before coming to Nairaland to display your stupidity.

GMB till GEJ shows us his PHD thesis.

GMB we Know
GMB we trust

18 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by UltimatePals: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by holatin(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Even the most stubborn Jonathan can't
the most thuggish fayose,askari,ffk,tombolo,okupe can't
even the association of witches can't
even the notorious witch may can't
even the clueless saTANist cant
even the brain washed TANIOD can't
even the shepopotamus can't

CHANGE OUR MIND FROM VOTING GMB

BUHARI FOR PRESIDENT
BUHARI FOR CHANGE

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by point5: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2015
Ok.....

4 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Raiders: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2015
PDP has nothing to offer Nigeria anymore and they are scared of losing the election because Nigerians are demanding for change after 15 years of wasteful government. PDP has tried to destroy the character of Buhari by calling an Islamic and illiterate but Nigerians are wise enough to know the truth.

13 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by Rashdimuh(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2015
Front page tins dnt wori feb 14 e go clear our eyes.
Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by rozayx5(m): 9:13am On Jan 22, 2015
wink
please they should not, the illiterate needs to cry

7 Likes

Re: INEC Can Not Disqualify Buhari - Jega by sleekp1: 9:14am On Jan 22, 2015

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD / Why I Did Not Pick Aluko As My Cos - Fayose / Unscrupulous People Edit Jimi Agbaje's Wikipedia Page (photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.