Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) (61251 Views)

Daddy Freeze: "I Never Impregnated Any Woman Inside Her Husband's House" / Sheebah Karungi's Makeup Washed By Sweat During Performance (photo) / Photo: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by ifoundmyperfect: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2015
rattlesnake:
[size=18pt]She is omorubber grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Lmao How leg go bend like this na[/size]
I was equally lost in the "wonderment" of that leg...
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by rossyc(f): 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
axortedbabe:
Yes Judas..
Lolzzzzz
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by grandstar(m): 9:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
Abiagirl777:
If she hadn't bcom successful, maybe the guy won't remember her, it'd have ended as babymama.
Washing feet indeed.male gold digger
she became a babymama after becoming successful and not before!
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by AJOT99(m): 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
Yoruba cultural things on point

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Bigsteveg(m): 10:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Beesluv:
Yoruba has got interesting culture

She is from Delta state not a yoruba woman.
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by jeansandheels(f): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
When did she get married?
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by AfricanApple(f): 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2015
myola777:
What a superstition! may be they didn't wash funke Akindele or princess legs, that is why their marriage crash. make una dey decieve una self. your attitude, character and manner toward ur husband will make u last in your husband's house
are you now saying they shouldn't follow their culture again ?

1 Like

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by macdelene(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2015
priscaoge:
Yourbas and their lovely culture kiss kiss kiss....This is interesting!

Yoruba? Or itsekiri?
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by macdelene(m): 12:04am On Jan 23, 2015
AJOT99:
Yoruba cultural things on point

She is not Yoruba but Itsekiri from delta state ooo
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by macdelene(m): 12:05am On Jan 23, 2015
Beesluv:

Its not Yoruba but itsekiri from delta state
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Ralphlauren(m): 12:36am On Jan 23, 2015
macdelene:

Yoruba? Or itsekiri?

macdelene:

Its not Yoruba but itsekiri from delta state

She got married to a yoruba man. Duh! Hence the feet washing and besides she's moving into the man's home. The yoruba tradition is that the bride's feet are washed before she enters her husband's house.

In marriage, it's the husband's tradition that is followed, not the bride's.

If she was married to a man from anambra or benue or kano, such feet washing tradition would NOT have been done despite the fact that she's itsekiri.

3 Likes

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by carik(m): 12:45am On Jan 23, 2015
pretydiva:
Abeg mk una wash d spirit of divorce comot too o

That's the essence tho
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Decryptor(m): 1:22am On Jan 23, 2015
priscaoge:
Yourbas and their lovely culture kiss kiss kiss....This is interesting!

Can the yorubas say same about your own culture? And to think you are even my ibo sister angry Keep talking trash
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by fesnge(m): 1:25am On Jan 23, 2015
God bless their marriage...
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by eyinjuege: 3:00am On Jan 23, 2015
Abiagirl777:
If she hadn't bcom successful, maybe the guy won't remember her, it'd have ended as babymama.
Washing feet indeed.male gold digger

Wowww! that's too harsh o. Quite a number of matured men marry their baby mamas eventually. The wedding may have been delayed for several reasons such as the family not initially supporting the union etc
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by eyinjuege: 3:10am On Jan 23, 2015
bokohalal:

It is wrong from Omawunmi. If it is not the husband's tradition she should not do it in his family house.
The proper way is to wash her feet and dress her in new clothes provided by her in - laws to welcome her to her new home/family.
A woman cannot impose her tradition on her husband in his house!

Most Edo communities, if not all, carry out the feet washing tradition.

Its actually also a Yoruba tradition. So I guess its ok for the couple. Some people dont carry out the exercise anymore because they feel they are too "Behind" probably, and couldn't be bothered about such. Its nice to know some are actually keeping the tradition alive.
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by gabbytabby: 5:18am On Jan 23, 2015
Airforce1:
A woman is incomplete without a husband

God bless her marriage

A woman lacking self worth and with no or low self esteem is incomplete with or without...........
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by priscaoge(f): 6:37am On Jan 23, 2015
Decryptor:

Can the yorubas say same about your own culture? And to think you are even my ibo sister angry Keep talking trash

Another lunatic on NL! Stop been silly. I have many yoruba trusted friends,unlike some igbo backstabbers. Some yorubas i have met are really nice. I dont make friends based on tribe. I'm not a tribal bigot like u. Go back to Yaba left!

4 Likes

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by chuka5000(m): 6:44am On Jan 23, 2015
Beesluv:

She's itsekiri
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by priscaoge(f): 6:51am On Jan 23, 2015
macdelene:

Yoruba? Or itsekiri?

She's Itsekiri woman n got married to a Yoruba man,and the post said her feet is been washed in her husband's house,Isn't that a Yoruba Land/culture

2 Likes

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Nickymezor(f): 7:35am On Jan 23, 2015
So such deeds exist sm cultures...hmmm hw interesting
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by pak: 8:02am On Jan 23, 2015
Airforce1:
[b]A woman is incomplete without a husband

God bless her marriage[/b]

What does this mean ?

A woman that is incomplete without a Husband is incomplete with one !!

if you are a christian, the bible says "and you are complete in HIM (Christ) who is the Head of all principalities and powers.
Couples are meant to complement not to complete the other !!!

1 Like

Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Beesluv: 8:10am On Jan 23, 2015
chuka5000:

She's itsekiri

what of her hubby
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Beesluv: 8:13am On Jan 23, 2015
godfwee:

She is Itsekiri from delta state. Look it up
OK, thanks. I'v heard of it happening of Yoruba land. Wharreva, its an interesting culture
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by iswallker(m): 8:31am On Jan 23, 2015
is that leg broken or what..?
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
the feet washing has a deep symbolic meaning. It only signifies that she cannot cheat on her husband , no matter what.. and if she does? she has to kiss her marriage goodbye, or else face bizarre consequences from ancestors, if she cheats.
the husband's mind will be at rest, as this is done.. and rumors that she slept with this guy or that guy, will not be believed by the husband, cos he knows whats on ground.
kudos, to their new marriage...happy married life Omawunmi.
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by daramfon: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
must they do this.
Re: Omawumi’s Feet Being Washed As She Enters Husband’s House (pictured) by Decryptor(m): 1:01am On Jan 24, 2015
priscaoge:

Another lunatic on NL! Stop been silly. I have many yoruba trusted friends,unlike some igbo backstabbers. Some yorubas i have met are really nice. I dont make friends based on tribe. I'm not a tribal bigot like u. Go back to Yaba left!

Your type back then in 1970 was the reason why Biafra lost the civil war. Osu di ka gi! Onye iro ndigbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Koredo Bello Went From Godwin To Godforbid In This Photo" / He Told His Tailor To Sew Ebuka's Style But Got This (photos) / Shuga Actress, ‘sophie’ Goes Braless In Birthday Photos As She Clocks 25 Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.