Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,699 members, 7,805,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? (2291 Views)

Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Girl Who Survived Fire Incident That Killed 7 Family Members In Lagos Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by aridude(m): 3:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
I visited my extended family in the village and I couldn't help but notice the frames of my deceased grandparents(RIP) still hanging in our living room. I thought it was strange but what do you think guys??
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by cococandy(f): 3:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Everything Na case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by nickz(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
Its Ok to me...
At home its like everywhere,like nothing ever happened
I even carry one everywhere I go (my wallet)
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by bukatyne(f): 3:17pm On Jan 22, 2015
Depends on culture, family and the impact/love felt for the member

I still have my Aunt's number who died 4yrs ago

I do not know any cultural stuff for or against it anyways
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by AyeeIdris(f): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
i could not even think of a befitting response to this post.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by Truth24(m): 3:21pm On Jan 22, 2015
I think nothing's wrong with dat.... In blessed memory things
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
that's village mentality. its not cool at all
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by taryour(f): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2015
aridude:
I visited my extended family in the village and I couldn't help but notice the frames of my deceased grandparents(RIP) still hanging in our living room. I thought it was strange but what do you think guys??

There is no wright or wrong in it. Its your choice,your MEAT is another man POISON.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by adanduka: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
If you have money in your pocket, you're carrying pictures of deceased people around and even giving it as offering in church; which in my opinion is way worse than only hanging them on walls shocked
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by Infomizer(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2015
adanduka:
If you have money in your pocket, you're carrying pictures of deceased people around and even giving it as offering in church; which in my opinion is way worse than only hanging them on walls shocked
Your mindset sha!
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by aridude(m): 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2015
adanduka:
taryour:

There is no wright or wrong in it. Its your choice,your MEAT is another man POISON.
Duly noted.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by dacoolvik: 8:59pm On Jan 22, 2015
There is no hard or fast rule to it. It all depends on how we see it as individuals. Some people will keep pictures as a way of remembering the deceased and having them close while others will take down the pictures because they might just want to forget and move on without a constant reminder of their loss.

A man I know lost his wife and son within a period of two years. Their pictures still remained for a while until one day, he summoned courage to put them away. Another woman rearranged her house immediately after her husband's burial, it was obvious that certain things brought painful memories.

We all deal with grief differently but I will say, just do what works for you and at a convenient pace.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by KanwuliaJara: 9:10pm On Jan 22, 2015
Matter of choice!
All about comfort zones! kiss
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by DukeNija(m): 10:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
bukatyne:
Depends on culture, family and the impact/love felt for the member

I still have my Aunt's number who died 4yrs ago

I do not know any cultural stuff for or against it anyways

Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by AdimGreat(f): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
Depends on each family's belief. My dad's picture still hangs boldly in our living room. We don't believe in any superstition. It just feels good to have it around, though it brings emotions sometimes.
So, if the family is comfortable with it they can still leave it hanging.
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by bukatyne(f): 11:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
DukeNija:

Close ya mouth before fly enters wink
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by pek(m): 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
AdimGreat:
Depends on each family's believe. My dad's picture still hangs boldly in our living room. We don't believe in any superstition. It just feels good to have it around, though it brings emotions sometimes.
So, if the family is comfortable with it they can still leave it hanging.
dear, it's belief
Re: Is It Right To Keep Pictures Of Deceased Family Members Still Hanging?? by callola: 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
i remembered when my a week old princess died, i could not enter her nursery for weeks but i still have her pics in my fone even though hubby and friends told me to delete them. I see no wrong in it

(1) (Reply)

Am I Weird? / 4 Reasons Not To Get Married / Am I Overreacting Or Is It Normal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.