Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (246652 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 1:28am On Jul 27, 2015
Emasel:

Not PGD. It's a professional masters program (MEng).

Full Time MEng in Canada and US is 1 year; it's MSc that involves research thats 2 years.

Can't really much about Canada but I don't think one year program would be enough to qualify you for psw visa. Most of the courses I have researched on are 2years and there would be enough time to get internship opportunities during breaks. If you do not have any intention of psw then its a good option
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Offshorexpert: 11:15am On Jul 27, 2015
cabayes:

Australian universities charge 35000 aud per annum and its 2 years if you want to qualify for post study work visa. One year courses do not qualify you for psw visa.
Hi @all...need help pertaining to this matter.
1. Do NDDC really sponsor masters for 2 years....as in keep sending u stipend 4 d 2 yrs?
2. What is the Australian immigration policy like....in terms of post study work visa?
3. Do Australian schools require proof of english test for Nigerian applicants?
Thanks for ur replyyyyy!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2015
Offshorexpert:

Hi @all...need help pertaining to this matter.
1. Do NDDC really sponsor masters for 2 years....as in keep sending u stipend 4 d 2 yrs?
2. What is the Australian immigration policy like....in terms of post study work visa?
3. Do Australian schools require proof of english test for Nigerian applicants?
Thanks for ur replyyyyy!

To avoid visa disappointment, you need to do your English test be it masters or what ever class of visa.

A 2 year MSC would qualify you for one year psw but a one year MSC does not. Eg Flinders university is 35k per annum ..the exchange rate is 145 naira.. Do the maths for 2 years .

If you want nddc to sponsor your Australian masters, you have to show payment proof for the first year eg for 2 years MSC assuming its 35k a year.which is 26k in us dollar if you convert. You would show them the deposit you have made for the first year.

For more information visit the Australian thread on nairaland. Its not something I can explain but the truth is that its twice the nddc money if you going for a 2yr psw visa.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by stepo707: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2015
cabayes:

To avoid visa disappointment, you need to do your English test be it masters or what ever class of visa.

A 2 year MSC would qualify you for one year psw but a one year MSC does not. Eg Flinders university is 35k per annum ..the exchange rate is 145 naira.. Do the maths for 2 years .

If you want nddc to sponsor your Australian masters, you have to show payment proof for the first year eg for 2 years MSC assuming its 35k a year.which is 26k in us dollar if you convert. You would show them the deposit you have made for the first year.

For more information visit the Australian thread on nairaland. Its not something I can explain but the truth is that its twice the nddc money if you going for a 2yr psw visa.

the school in australia i chose is one and a half year and my totall school fesws is 35000AUd.will the nddc money cover it since it is 30000USD.Also does one and a half year qualify for psw?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Offshorexpert: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
cabayes:

Thank u bro. Ur reply explains enough.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
You may want to read this. This is the current position concerning uk immigration law on working as a student:
http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/International-Students/Study-work--more/Working-during-your-studies/Can-I-work/
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2015
From my interpretation, if your school though a private body( which normally on that basis prohibits its students from working) is listed amongst d recognised bodies, then you will be allowed to work. However, if you are a visiting student or one wth a short course, you will not be allowed to work. My question is what is d definition of "short course". Is it a course with duration of 6months and below?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2015
@Yvonnie
I tried pronouncing your name, several times, still cannot. seams like a Ghanaian name.
While Immigration laws are becoming stringent in the UK, the application is not keeping pace.
the truth is that, You really don't have to stay in the UK, since all of you are planing to run away from Nigeria.
It's easier to go somewhere else from the UK than it is from Nigeria.
There are many countries in need of the expertise in the fields NDDC sponsors.
the majority type of work for students here is cleaning and care services.
if you already have a masters, then you may be given Teaching Assistant for undergraduates.
if you know maths n physics very well, you might also be Lucky to be a private tutor, n it pays very well.
majority of the jobs are nothing really official, no employment letter, its to the official Jobs they apply those rules.
Whatever the case, its important you take advice from your student union to aviod exploitation.
For you a black person, the general rule is the darker ur employer, the better. thesame also applies to whites.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 12:26am On Jul 28, 2015
stepo707:

the school in australia i chose is one and a half year and my totall school fesws is 35000AUd.will the nddc money cover it since it is 30000USD.Also does one and a half year qualify for psw?

A 2 yrs MSC is about 70k aud ×145= 10m naira..one and the half is 52k aud=8m naira. I'm not sure if it qualifies you if its not up to a certain number of units. I think 180 units or more. I would advise you visit the Australian thread on nairaland or take your time to study psw routes on their Australian immigration site

Australian schools would be favorable to phd candidates. Also don't forget that their living expenses per year is 10-15 aud per annum + 35k school fees. If nddc 30k = 5 .1m , convert 45k aud to naira is 6.5 m naira. You would still show 1.4 m plus the letter to get your visa
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cabayes: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2015
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
Use an agent. BCIE is very good

amscholar001:

USA seems to be the toughest place to secure graduate admission. The two schools I applied to declined my applications despite having very good undergraduate result (Engineering) and a good score in GRE general test (am yet to write English test).But funny enough I have about three pre-master admission; with ridiculous and outrageous fee angry.
Anyways, any info about schools with high acceptance chances in those country will be appreciated, particularly in the US.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 4:24pm On Jul 29, 2015
I'm sorry I posted something and haven't been able to elaborate.

Let me start from the UK visa thing first, I learned from the new rules if I understand it correctly and that being said, I also stand to be correct, I learned there'll either be no more 20 hours per week for international students or they are scaling it down to 10 hours. Me personally, I'm not interested in staying back after studying in the UK but Id love to have work experience outside Nigeria probably in USA, Canada or Australia, my masters program is in automation and control engineering.

About the issue of usa, Canadian and Australian schools, I must state that due to the rigors involved and possibility of mistakes, it's best you use an agent, BCIE are very good and I don't think they are doing Canada for the now but they are doing USA and Australia and the fees are relatively ok but in foresight it's a far better option that UK because you can have post study work permit and get valuable experience from companies which would prove helpful should you want to come back to naija in the near future to work.

For me I just need 3 years post study work experience outside Naija and I know what that would do for me.

Just look for a good education agent, let them know your course and the countries you'd like, they will do the dirty job for you, lol, hence you'd not need to be throwing $90 application fee around, that na better bread now. Lol

Success and good luck.

Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
With respect to the visa stuff. Id give you guys concrete information this weekend or next week after I get mine and see what it is, that would help put an end to speculation.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
please may i know the schools you applied to in usa? and your gre score if you don't mind..
amscholar001:

USA seems to be the toughest place to secure graduate admission. The two schools I applied to declined my applications despite having very good undergraduate result (Engineering) and a good score in GRE general test (am yet to write English test).But funny enough I have about three pre-master admission; with ridiculous and outrageous fee angry.
Anyways, any info about schools with high acceptance chances in those country will be appreciated, particularly in the US.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 1:41pm On Jul 30, 2015
Who has an idea what the cost of tuition in Scandenevia is? An is it best to use agents or DIY(do it yourself)? It looks like going to Sweden or Norway under NDDC is the most optimum option, when you weigh the pros and cons or what do you guys think??
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Moostar(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2015
ADMISSION! ADMISSION!! ADMISSION!!!
Cry no more,GAIN ADMISSION into 200 level through an IJMBE A'level program into any University of your choice without JAMB.

Every year, hundreds of thousand candidates sit for JAMB (UTME), but at the end just a few percentages of all the students that go through the pain of writing the exam do make it and afterwards you still have to pass the post utme exam before you can secure an admission. DO YOU NOW HAVE TO TRY THIS EVERY YEAR WHEN THERE IS A SURE AND BETTER WAY OUT FOR YOU? YES YOU HEARD ME, A BETTER WAY OUT.

The good news for admission seekers like you is that you don’t have to wait for another jamb before you gain your admission, not even to 100 level but 200 level of your university of choice. So stop wasting your time and resources in writing JAMB every year when there is a sure way of securing an admission and the sure way is IJMBE A' Level program.

IJMBE IS AN A’LEVEL PROGRAM THAT MEANS (INTERIM JOINT MATRICULATION BOARD EXAMINATION) MODERATED BY AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY (A.B.U), ZARIA WITH CENTER AFFLIATED IN
ILORIN.It is a 9months intensive program,IJMB program is just like you are in 100level and it’s designed in such a way that candidate with deficiencies in English and Mathematics in their O’level result can still participate.And unlike JAMB results which expires every year, A'Level results is just like your WAEC or NECO results which doesn’t expire and can also be used in securing admission abroad.

Application forms are now
Only on sale @ IJMB study Centre in ILORIN.
NOTE:Sales of IJMB form is not available online and in the banks.You have to come down to ILORIN to obtain the form yourself,beware of scammers online.
Hurry now to purchase form as you are
guaranteed a place in 200 Level in any universities of your choice.

WHO CAN APPLY
•OND/NCE student which result is not up to standard(good enough) to secure admission into unversity
•Student seeking admission into any university
•Student who fail JAMB/post JAMB exam
•Student who pass JAMB/post JAMB but unable to get admission
•Student who did not sit for JAMB exam at all
•Student with deficiency in English and Mathematics
•Student who just graduated from SSS 3
•Student awaiting results

IJMB ACCEPTABILITY:All universities in Nigeria accept IJMB.
NB: The hostel is in the school premises which makes it convenient and easy for students to attend lectures regularly without stress.
For more information or registration contact Gurustar Educational Consult on (Whatsapp) 08167000693 or 09097444213
EWA PIN:23B2F37D.
NOTE: CHECK PAGE 4 OF JAMB BROCHURE ITEM 2.2 (2) TO CONFIRM IJMB AS A REQUIREMENT FOR UNIVERSITY ADMISSION
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
Err.... Can ijmbe get me full funding for UK masters

Am sorry mooster, cudnt resist

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by amscholar001: 10:47pm On Jul 30, 2015
csimms7:
Use an agent. BCIE is very good

Have checked them out. What they offer in US is the Pre-Masters designed to drain foreign students.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
amscholar001:

Have checked them out. What they offer in US is the Pre-Masters designed to drain foreign students.

Nah. Not true. Maybe you should try calling and speaking to someone.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 31, 2015
God Morning Guys,

Please who here is shortlisted for that NITDA exam on wednesday 5th of August?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Raywise:
Nigeria is indeed a hopeless state to live. Nigerians are the most stupid and insane animals where they knw all d ills perpetrated against them yet live in pretence!! God has left Nigeria!! Those of u seeking scholarship in UK/US and re from Nigeria, forget it and look elsewhere!! I told u! u wizened dafts!!! The only time i shall say good of u if there re, is wen u change from animals to rational mammals nd zoo to a country!!! Just take time out to analyze ur posts, u shall regret being a nigerian!!! A Country where unrelated idiots were merged to be one and for 100 yrs it has never worked. Sorry!!
Lol. this is turning into comedy. Why u dey get headache for another man sickness?
God bless Ghana. Ghana will rise to become the most important country in the world. The world would be proud of Ghana.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Raywise or whatever your real name is, you must note that this forum was created for the specific purpose of updating prospective beneficiaries of NDDC SCHOLARSHIP on recent events, not to talk about Nigeria-Ghana supremacy. Please, be guided and remember that your mother from Nigeria gave birth to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by alphalpha(m): 11:01am On Aug 01, 2015
lalasticlala ishiluv barcanista make una come ban this raywise guy now
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nuel1647: 11:10am On Aug 01, 2015
Raywise:
One yakubu yusuf, an hausa man, pleaded guilty over his 23 billion naira ment for pensioners and was sentenced to 2 yrs imprisonment or an option of 750 naira. What a country!! What a zoo! What a ppl with floundering understanding! What a waste of creation!! That only 2yrs or 750k in ur weak currency was d penalty!! If u speak against me then u re a typoanimal mammal mentioned here. Idiots. I listen to a Radio that speaks and reveals d truth about zoological republic (zoo). Useless species on earth u re. None of u gets admission to study as planned, mark my words. U animals have been earmarked to be removed from developed nations. Better break away and become responsible idiots. Join Biafrans and oduduwas to break away from Lazy hausa. Idiots!! Dial 0144052065.

You are not a Ghanaian. in fact you are a Nigerian. I just went through all ur post n discovered that until recently, you were a normal person. You applied for the Nigerian Immigration Service Job and got an invitation to write the test. You were also arguing on this post if -3^2, (-3)^2 and -(3)^2 are thesame. this was a question in this year NDDC CBT.

This ur radicalisation will lead you to your death. it's very simple, its zeal without knowledge.
Stop looking for people to join your fools errant on this post.
Pls go somewhere else.

5 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 9:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
So I got my visa yesterday, the 20 hrs p/w option was included. I don't think it applies for people in university though. I guess the rule is for people doing A levels and about to enter university. It's termed Further Education (FE).

4 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Orokhe: 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
csimms7:
So I got my visa yesterday, the 20 hrs p/w option was included. I don't think it applies for people in university though. I guess the rule is for people doing A levels and about to enter university. It's termed Further Education (FE).
OK, thanks for the info. its a relief. hoping 4 +ve response from nddc
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by laidback(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
csimms7:

Which means you're not really depending on the scholarship to study?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 10:16pm On Aug 02, 2015
laidback:

Which means you're not really depending on the scholarship to study?

Uhm, I'm actually a recipient of the award last year and deferred my admission to this year September. I just enjoy the back and forth banter on the thread and then love giving insights and advice to those who really need it.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Orokhe: 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
csimms7:

Uhm, I'm actually a recipient of the award last year and deferred my admission to this year September. I just enjoy the back and forth banter on the thread and then love giving insights and advice to those who really need it.
how do one go about admission defilement

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (86) (Reply)

Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2014/2015 Utme And Admission Process / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

Viewing this topic: Nkflerzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.