Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 - Education (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 (245877 Views)

NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Apply For Total E&P Undergraduate Scholarship 2015 For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2015
Desander:
Pls has anyone from imo state received a text? If yes, kindly let me know abeg. And did they publish the names of successful candidates on any media whatsoever? Or is it just by text message. Regards.
I've seen two people from Imo that got the text.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2015
I don't know why they won't paste the list and send emails...
Dynssy:
Well.... just in case you ported your sim like most of us did because of the craziness associated with re-registration at mtn centres, then you may want to call Gideon and be sure about things.

I ported my mtn sim to glo and considering that bulk SMSes don't deliver to ported sims, I made that call and found that I'm actually on the list.

This is not in anyway intended to raise false hopes; I'm sharing because I genuinely believe some one might benefit.

Congratulations to those who were successful. To those who weren't, I feel your pain. I know the exact feeling I had when I opened this thread and found that people had received SMSes but I had not. In those times, I consoled myself that other opportunities would always come.

Moving on can be tough, but having something to look forward to makes it easier. I know that PTDF which has an even better package is out, common wealth and also chevening. A guy posted a link here for scholarships in Australia. Focus on these along with some self-development schemes and you just might find that not having your name on that list was in some weird way, a blessing in disguise.

Stay blessed!!
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dynssy, please who is Gideon and how do I get his number?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by alphalpha(m): 5:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
geobukky:
I don't know why they won't paste the list and send emails...
please can you share Gideon's number?

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by alphalpha(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2015
Dynssy:
Well.... just in case you ported your sim like most of us did because of the craziness associated with re-registration at mtn centres, then you may want to call Gideon and be sure about things.

I ported my mtn sim to glo and considering that bulk SMSes don't deliver to ported sims, I made that call and found that I'm actually on the list.

This is not in anyway intended to raise false hopes; I'm sharing because I genuinely believe some one might benefit.

Congratulations to those who were successful. To those who weren't, I feel your pain. I know the exact feeling I had when I opened this thread and found that people had received SMSes but I had not. In those times, I consoled myself that other opportunities would always come.

Moving on can be tough, but having something to look forward to makes it easier. I know that PTDF which has an even better package is out, common wealth and also chevening. A guy posted a link here for scholarships in Australia. Focus on these along with some self-development schemes and you just might find that not having your name on that list was in some weird way, a blessing in disguise.

Stay blessed!!

pls can you share the number
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2015
csimms7:
I've been mindful of what I say on this post bros, I think the advise should be best suited to some other person(s).

We had a banter and someone starts mentioning parents and you didn't bother pointing that out?

I've apologised for my response because Im really not that type of person but you pointing me out for criticism is plainly unfair.

Id fight for anybody, that's the kind of person I am, we have tried a lot of things and put in the best of our efforts but if it doesn't yield results we move on. My main issue is that the way nddc has been bashed, it's painful with respect to some of us who got it through hard sweat.

I read back to back for mine, didn't even know they had a practice material during my time, it was at the exam center I saw some dudes using it. Is the system all fair, Id be irrational to say yes but then do we criticise everyone who got it? I say everyone because some people say only 10% got it fairly that means basically everyone who's a recipient doesn't merit it just because they didn't get it. It doesn't make sense if we will be honest with ourselves.

I had a 2.2 from FUTO, studied Elect/Elect Engr, I have done numerous certificate courses in the field where I'm going to do my masters and this is not me blowing my horn but then when I see a post of 90% getting it be connection it makes me wonder why people actually think they are better than others. So does that mean if they'd got it, that the system is fair?

Check my past posts even from the past forum, I'm an agreeable person and you'd only have to meet me in person or ask people who have interacted with me.

I feel hurt some don't get it justly but then we can be matured with our approach. Last year when I went for our briefing, I asked th question why the list isn't published online and they gave an answer that we all accepted be it right or wrong, be mindful I was a recipient but I asked still.

Anyways, I've apologised and not because I feel otherwise concerning my stance but because of the words I used on people who I really know nothing about.

I'll always say like I've said before, do I think the process is entirely fair? NO! Do I think the percentage who got it fairly is way way greater than the stipulated 10%? YES! Thousands wrote it, only 210/220 will be selected, it's God's favour first and of course your input that can see you through but my getting it doesn't in anyway make me feel like I'm the smartest ass out there, I just felt thankful and grateful I got it.

Bros I'm from Ogwashi. Daalu bros. Adim very sorry.

I understand your plight... Your input is nothing even the read you said u did is nothing only what you received is God favour and this is your time... God plans in your life can never be thwarted... So forget about the reading stuff this is your time to triumph in life my advise for you please be focus and make sure to be the best in your field.. Always be a good ambassador of your nation... For we that we don't succeed in nddc it does not mean that we will not succeed in life.. Let wish them well... I am happy that I am not happy but at the end let's give thanks to God for the gift of life,and Good health...please let's take a look at this analysis: I applied for msc applied meteorology but already I've completed my msc atmospheric physics in university of ibadan, now if I only have a choice to be given nddc award either to go do another msc or to use the one I've at hand for phd which one do you think I will prefer? Of course I will want to go for my phd.. Please let's keep calm there a reason for everything that happen to us in life... Let's give it a trial.. PMB keep giving it a trial until the mantle get to his palm.... I've applied for nddc two times now next year will be the 3rd times that will be for phd and that will be the last time because I know by God grace I will get it in Jesus name.. Amen God should keep me living... @ csimms please send me ur contact let's communicate.. 2A048055
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Godsownjo: 7:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
How was d briefing guys? Were u given the award letters?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Gaily04(f): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Godsownjo:

I wasn't invited but went for the pre-departure briefing. It went well, several speeches n talks about life in d UK, n a good job NDDC is doing to develop its youths. Scholars were called one after d other to get their award letters, thereafter documentation n 10k stipend. My best part was when people who least expected to hear their names went with Faith, n succeeded. They were given acceptance forms to submit at d Head Office, I could see d joy in the faces of d scholars and plenty hope in d faces of those that didn't make it, I shared in their joy n hope for d best.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Gaily04(f): 7:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Godsownjo:

I wasn't invited but went for the pre-departure briefing. It went well, several speeches n talks about life in d UK, n a good job NDDC is doing to develop its youths. Scholars were called one after d other to get their award letters, thereafter documentation n 10k stipend. My best part was when people who least expected to hear their names went with Faith, n succeeded. They were given acceptance forms to submit at d Head Office, I could see d joy in the faces of d scholars and plenty hope in d faces of those that didn't make it, I shared in their joy n hope for d best.

I also saw so many familiar faces during d CBT and interview, got confused if the system really failed or this same people were actually from d beginning and had extra legs, although there were some strange faces. Its all for d best.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by doziej84: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
is there anyway one can check or find out if he/she was awarded the scholarship if you weren't sent a text message?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by petertaiwo0: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2015
grin
doziej84:

is there anyway one can check or find out if he/she was awarded the scholarship if you weren't sent a text message?

Bros pls move on if you don't get sms from them don't disturb urself.. Application for next year will open soon so let u$i obtain it.... grin
doziej84:

Bros pls move on if you don't get sms from them don't disturb urself.. Application for next year will open soon so let u$i obtain it....
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Godsownjo: 9:55pm On Sep 15, 2015
Gaily04:

I also saw so many familiar faces during d CBT and interview, got confused if the system really failed or this same people were actually from d beginning and had extra legs, although there were some strange faces. Its all for d best.

Thanks for d info. Do you have an idea about how many they were?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2015
petertaiwo0:
grin

Bros pls move on if you don't get sms from them don't disturb urself.. Application for next year will open soon so let u$i obtain it.... grin

Bros pls move on if you don't get sms from them don't disturb urself.. Application for next year will open soon so let u$i obtain it....
Bless you bro grin
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by aamstih: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2015
Hey bro.... I'vE always had this inkling that there is something about you, I've just realised it is the Workshop 3 and Hall of mercy Factor cool. Do send me a pm bro.

Quote author=csimms7 post=38024359]I've been mindful of what I say on this post bros, I think the advise should be best suited to some other person(s).

We had a banter and someone starts mentioning parents and you didn't bother pointing that out?

I've apologised for my response because Im really not that type of person but you pointing me out for criticism is plainly unfair.

Id fight for anybody, that's the kind of person I am, we have tried a lot of things and put in the best of our efforts but if it doesn't yield results we move on. My main issue is that the way nddc has been bashed, it's painful with respect to some of us who got it through hard sweat.

I read back to back for mine, didn't even know they had a practice material during my time, it was at the exam center I saw some dudes using it. Is the system all fair, Id be irrational to say yes but then do we criticise everyone who got it? I say everyone because some people say only 10% got it fairly that means basically everyone who's a recipient doesn't merit it just because they didn't get it. It doesn't make sense if we will be honest with ourselves.

I had a 2.2 from FUTO, studied Elect/Elect Engr, I have done numerous certificate courses in the field where I'm going to do my masters and this is not me blowing my horn but then when I see a post of 90% getting it be connection it makes me wonder why people actually think they are better than others. So does that mean if they'd got it, that the system is fair?

Check my past posts even from the past forum, I'm an agreeable person and you'd only have to meet me in person or ask people who have interacted with me.

I feel hurt some don't get it justly but then we can be matured with our approach. Last year when I went for our briefing, I asked th question why the list isn't published online and they gave an answer that we all accepted be it right or wrong, be mindful I was a recipient but I asked still.

Anyways, I've apologised and not because I feel otherwise concerning my stance but because of the words I used on people who I really know nothing about.

I'll always say like I've said before, do I think the process is entirely fair? NO! Do I think the percentage who got it fairly is way way greater than the stipulated 10%? YES! Thousands wrote it, only 210/220 will be selected, it's God's favour first and of course your input that can see you through but my getting it doesn't in anyway make me feel like I'm the smartest ass out there, I just felt thankful and grateful I got it.

[/quote]
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2015
Lmao. Mail me m.okogwu@yahoo.com

I no sabi how this pm thing dey work.

aamstih:
Hey bro.... I'vE always had this inkling that there is something about you, I've just realised it is the Workshop 3 and Hall of mercy Factor cool. Do send me a pm bro.

Quote author=csimms7 post=38024359]I've been mindful of what I say on this post bros, I think the advise should be best suited to some other person(s).

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ukeachu1(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
csimms7:
Lmao. Mail me m.okogwu@yahoo.com
I no sabi how this pm thing dey work.
bush path brothers I hail o
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by shegol: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2015
It was my second time, though very painful I am yet to receive my award NOW...but God makes everything beautiful in His own time....its not how fast/far but how well, He that has begun a new thing in my life, He is faithful to finish it.

A friend i met on d exam day made it too and she graduated with 2.2; so stop castigating degrees; i made 2.1 FUTO Engineering, but if i ask her how did it go, she hardly opens her mouth how it went.

ITS WELL....just keep dreaming, Reality is very near...u are bound for success....chao chao
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 4:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
FUTO students una must dey everywhere? Greatest gbo gbo, greatest gba gba, greatest gbi gbi, while the struggle continue victoria acerta for us all. One love. I'm in phc and leaving for lagos. If any futo student is around at the moment, make we ball tomorrow. It would be nice. #Bushpath n #Lovegarden people. Lol.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Ukeachu1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
csimms7:
FUTO students una must dey everywhere? Greatest gbo gbo, greatest gba gba, greatest gbi gbi, while the struggle continue victoria acerta for us all. One love. I'm in phc and leaving for lagos. If any futo student is around at the moment, make we ball tomorrow. It would be nice. #Bushpath n #Lovegarden people. Lol.

Lol my bros me day INA back day come. m presently a corp member. just drawing inspiration.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by cuteokiemute: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
I prophesy, before the end of this month I will be awarded the NDDC scholarship. My dreams will manifest in Jesus' name, amen.
The list is simply incomplete without me.

Score 42
LGA Ethiope East
Delta state
Course: MSc Petroleum and Environmental technology (Coventry University)
Interview: I answered four questions correctly out of six.

To them that believe NOTHING is impossible.

6 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by stepo707: 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
Gaily04:

So my question i still this, is it only UK schools that NDDC sponsors?
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by alphalpha(m): 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Gaily04:

I just want to know if there are names that were called but no one answered
thanks
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
alphalpha:

I just want to know if there are names that were called but no one answered
thanks
How come no one that went 4 the briefing(successful scholars) has told us anything about it? May be they were told not to disclose it to any one
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by aamstih: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
If you've been to the briefing and your M.sc course is Environmental Engineering related. Do quote me. Thanks.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Mush: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
csimms7:
You've responded as a human being but I don't believe the lie of 2 international scholarship and if there's any truth in it then he's as bad as the NDDC fraudsters he so hates and despises for wanting extra scholarship funding.

That said, bros the Nigerian factor of connections is still prevalent and I don't deny it, one question is, if you had someone, wouldn't you attempt to pull same strings? Does that make it right or wrong? You be the judge. If I had someone Id sure as hell inform the person.

On another hand, a lot got it on merit, do we then totally discredit everybody? Do you get my point? You don't tear a system down because it didn't favour you. If he'd got it, we wouldn't hear this rant and rave.

I asked a friend, why is it that when you ask someone for something and they accept to do it, you don't ask why but then a lot of people when they ask you for favours and you say ok, they still don't ask WHY!!!

I'm not bashing your friend but criticise constructively and not because you feel hurt.

@ csimms, hello and congrats, if you don't mind can you please tell me what you scored in the CBT and what school u going to I'm from ogwashi uku(ogbenti-obi) as well, scored 38 for I.T. @ coventry, but wasn't awarded, I'm glad som1 frm OGW was actually awarded, from reading through this forum, I think the scholarships were awarded largely based on merit as a lot of people have said they didn't have any connections helping them and all, I really believed in myself and thought I'd get a slot as my interview went well(by my assessment tho) and didn't realise there seems to be a lot smarter people from my LGA...lol, u guys should drop the negative energies tho,it serves no purpose pls reply me @csimms thanks, and God bless y'all
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Yvonnie: 2:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmm
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by csimms7: 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good evening boss. I was a recipient last year and only just deferred to this year. Nice to have you on here boss. I no wan talk about the process being fair to a large extent before sharks chop me. Lol.

Mush:
@ csimms, hello and congrats, if you don't mind can you please tell me what you scored in the CBT and what school u going to I'm from ogwashi uku(ogbenti-obi) as well, scored 38 for I.T. @ coventry, but wasn't awarded, I'm glad som1 frm OGW was actually awarded, from reading through this forum, I think the scholarships were awarded largely based on merit as a lot of people have said they didn't have any connections helping them and all, I really believed in myself and thought I'd get a slot as my interview went well(by my assessment tho) and didn't realise there seems to be a lot smarter people from my LGA...lol, u guys should drop the negative energies tho,it serves no purpose pls reply me @csimms thanks, and God bless y'all
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by ShaiMalika: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
LMAO. Please do not get ur hopes up needlessly. I scored 45, same course as you. 4 Out a questions. Still didn't get it, moved on already. I got 65 last year got all my interview questions and still didn't get called. Just decided to try this year. I would be writing UNILAG's Msc entrance exam in October. Ain't nobody got time to be crying. Did all of the crying last year.
cuteokiemute:

I prophesy, before the end of this month I will be awarded the NDDC scholarship. My dreams will manifest in Jesus' name, amen.

Score 42
LGA Ethiope East
Delta state

2 Likes

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by shadowbox: 1:55am On Sep 19, 2015
cuteokiemute:

Score 42
LGA Ethiope East
Delta state

Hello,
I was also awarded the scholarship too. Please do you have the contact details of the Consultant that gave a talk about Coventry university at the award ceremony? If yes, please let me know. I want to apply to Coventry University

TO THE GENERAL HOUSE
The award ceremony was ok. Thank God. NDDC management team basically planned series of talks/advice for the beneficiaries. I think 3 or 4 consultants gave speeches (but 2 specifically for Coventry University and University of West England).

Also, according to the NDDC management team, the number of beneficiaries (MSc and PhD combined) for this year is 220.

1 Like

Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 19, 2015
If you haven't gotten the contact yet, then paste your email here and I will email his details to you. I believe you're talking about Mr. Godson. Cheers.

shadowbox:

Hello,
I was also awarded the scholarship too. Please do you have the contact details of the Consultant that gave a talk about Coventry university at the award ceremony? If yes, please let me know. I want to apply to Coventry University

TO THE GENERAL HOUSE
The award ceremony was ok. Thank God. NDDC management team basically planned series of talks/advice for the beneficiaries. I think 3 or 4 consultants gave speeches (but 2 specifically for Coventry University and University of West England).

Also, according to the NDDC management team, the number of beneficiaries (MSc and PhD combined) for this year is 220.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by Sleeksylvia(f): 2:57pm On Sep 19, 2015
shadowbox:

Hello,

TO THE GENERAL HOUSE

Opeyemi Ogunlola. 07083993204. ab8026@coventry.ac.uk. or email their sub Saharan Africa office: ssafrica.io@coventry.ac.uk. hope this helps you.
Re: NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 by aamstih: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2015
It seems a good fraction of scholars here are opting for coventry. Is Coventry the UK uni with the strongest ties with NDDC?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (86) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion / 2015/2016 Direct Entry Admission Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.