Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / . (2665 Views)

Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Queen Elizabeth To Receive £37.9million Pay Rise / Religious Extremism And The Syrian Rebels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

Is it wrong to selfish? undecided well, I am very selfish. and you totally misunderstood my post.

What i was trying to convene is that I wouldnt mind black converts provided they stick to Islam not its twisted interpretations.

Nah, Islam isn't for black people, and the religion can't save us. The only thing it will add is more problems.

We can't leave one slave master's religion, for another one.

Cheers. grin
Re: . by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 25, 2015
SirShymex:

Nah, Islam isn't for black people, and the religion can't save us. The only thing it will add is more problems.

We can't leave one slave master's religion, for another one.

Cheers. grin

undecided undecided.

Too bad I don't do evangelism.

And I don't like ‘Xheers'
Re: . by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 25, 2015
Justfollowit:

undecided undecided.

Too bad I don't do evangelism.

And I don't like ‘Xheers'

Lol. I was just pointing out that you sound like a religious zealot. And it seems you view everything from the religious prism, and that's very bad. That was how all these extremists started.

Why must black men convert to Islam before it can be "merrier for Black diasporan Muslim ladies?" undecided

Islam has nothing to offer black people - just another plague to keep us down. Enjoy ya religion! undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=SirShymex post=30134828]

Lol. I was just pointing out that you sound like a religious zealot. And it seems you view everything from the religious prism, and that's very bad. That was how all these extremists started.

You do not know me. I love my religion and 5/10 I will always be on its defense . You will be he first to tell me that I view things from my religious perspective.

Here is one fact for you I can never be an extremist, If I had wanted to it would have happened before setting my foot on this continent. Would it sound too cliche if I told you that before I was 10 I was aware of all the Western invasions and it was not until I was 13 when I read the book the world before 1948' I finally understood. Yet I never held a grudge against the West because I would have done all what they did. They were just trying to preserve themselves I can't hate them for that however I can hate them for failing to take responsibilities. Press TV was my favourite TV station cheesy till I left for Europe and I had a good Islamic upbringing with all the Qur'an, Hadiths, literatures and other stuffs.

Why must black men convert to Islam before it can be "merrier for Black diasporan Muslim ladies?" undecided

Marriage, roots and procreation? undecided

Islam has nothing to offer black people - just another plague to keep us down. Enjoy ya religion! undecided

Yep, your opinion tongue
Re: . by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 26, 2015
Justfollowit:
You do not know me. I love my religion and 5/10 I will always be on its defense . You will be he first to tell me that I view things from my religious perspective.

Here is one fact for you I can never be an extremist, If I had wanted to it would have happened before setting my foot on this continent. Would it sound too cliche if I told you that before I was 10 I was aware of all the Western invasions and it was not until I was 13 when I read the book the world before 1948' I finally understood. Yet I never held a grudge against the West because I would have done all what they did. They were just trying to preserve themselves I can't hate them for that however I can hate them for failing to take responsibilities. Press TV was my favourite TV station cheesy till I left for Europe and I had a good Islamic upbringing with all the Qur'an, Hadiths, literatures and other stuffs.

Once you start viewing everything from a religious prism, and start using it as a premise for relations with folks from the same race, especially when it's a foreign religion - then you're automatically a religious zealot. And on ya way to becoming an extremist. tongue

Marriage, roots and procreation?

So, you can only marry and procreate with Muslim, no? Yet you think you're not a religious zealot - hysterical. The fact that you had to drag black men into that madness, just makes the whole thing sickening. There are Arabs out for there for you, go pick one of them. And I'm sure Northern Nigeria has a lot of Muslims to go round as well. Black diaspora (especially the disenfranchised ones) don't need Arab Islam - it's poison and it has nothing to offer us. And Arabs are effing innately racist anyway.

Yep, your opinion

Reality. We're angry enough, we don't need a violent religion that will keep fueling the anger. undecided

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 26, 2015
[quote author=SirShymex post=30135673]

So, you can only marry and procreate with Muslim, no? Yet you think you're not a religious zealot - hysterical. The fact that you had to drag black men into that madness, just makes the whole thing sickening. There are Arabs out for there for you, go pick one of them. And I'm sure Northern Nigeria has a lot of Muslims to go round as well. Black diaspora (especially the disenfranchised ones) don't need Arab Islam - it's poison and it has nothing to offer us. And Arabs are effing innately racist anyway.

Coming from someone who is pained each time he sees black women with other races, I am not surprised. I have seen how you denigrate them, what you think of them, your sickening perception of them. Yet you blame them for the same thing YOU are guilty of because you are the MAN undecided .
[sup][/sup]

I do not mind pink, blue, brown, green, purple men but most BLACK MUSLIM WOMEN would want to marry and procreate with BLACK MUSLIM GUYS. I do not have to tell you WHY, do I?

I for one wouldn't marry a non-Muslim guy because I aspire to be more religious, to raise up my kids as Muslims, treat my husband as the head and to have a healthy marriage. There are enough conflicts in marriage than to add intangibles that could have been avoided. Besides it was stated explicitly in the Qur'an.

Reality. We're angry enough, we don't need a violent religion that will keep fueling the anger. undecided

I am still trying so hard to understand how a group of people because of poverty and all other shits throw reason into the bin and yet wants the world to 'understand and do right by him'. I took your word and my uncle's for it and I am trying really hard, please do not make things any harder.

It seems like we are playing the blame game.

So like you mentioned in your earlier post to Dollyparton1, lets assume that Islamic terrorism is a phase which started because of ONE RACE, that same race that is also responsible for justifying their crimes against humanity (including psychologically turning people of my colour into dick-heads) on religion . Just like every other religion this is a phase grin .

You know Allah mentioned that one day would come and Islam will be reduced to minute, so it is a phase.

*Thinking out loud*

I understand where you are coming from, you are afraid of losing your brothers' akhi' to Islam. I am of the opinion that most of them are not extremists as you have pointed out. They may be keeping beards and do all other 'Islamic things'. Inasmuch they have their sanity with them, they are most welcome.
Re: . by Nuzo1(m): 9:11am On Jan 30, 2015
DollyParton1:

When u compare an average Yoruba Muslim to their hausa counterparts. You will see the difference in reasoning mostly based on their level of enlightenment.
And those well trained and highly educated, so sophisticated and well articulated ones are the extremists which is common to all religions, race and tribes.

And Ijebu boy what is wrong with my mouth? Is it smelly or why does it need salvation.

Just like Shymex stated; a Yoruba will first see himself as Yoruba before identifying himself as a Muslim or Christian. This does not in any way give him a pass as religious tolerant as he is a diehard adherent of the Yoruba culture which could pass as a religion.

Heck the reason the salifist Hausa Muslim will tag the Yoruba Muslim an infidel to a large extent.

Salifism is the practice of the first, second and third generation Islam. Its the original and unadulterated Islam. There's no moderation or fine tunning as that automatically makes you an infidel.
Re: . by Nuzo1(m): 9:22am On Jan 30, 2015
@topic

1. Liberal policies of the west.

2. Sharp rise in cases of racism against Arabs and blacks by whites.

3. The perception in Muslim communities that the west is against Islam.

4. Israel and Palestine conflict.

5. Afghanistan and Iraqi war. A war against any Muslim or Muslim country is seen as a war against Muslims anywhere.

6. Liberal politicians using liberal policies like integration to win votes and sympathy.

7. Poverty.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Richest African Countries 2017(Nigeria Is Not Number 1) / Putin Rages - Eight Russian Generals Sacked Over Ukraine Invasion Failings / Breaking News: Hilary Clinton Loosing Supporters - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.