Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? (6603 Views)

Don't You Wish Your Sister Is Cute Like Mine? / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by kissyspark(f): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2005
My boyfriend claims to love me, but I don't see him. He comes around whenever he likes or whenever someone tells him they saw me. We are in the same state and town but we saw each other 2months ago. His excuse is he's making money, "I can't see you because I am broke", and then phone calls once every one week.

Now if you were in my shoes what would you do?

For the guys, when you say or do that to a girl, what do u mean?

And for the girls, if your boyfriend treats you as such what would you do?
c`mon answer needed
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by uchetobi(f): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2005
I'l dump him into the trash can because that'l be where he'l belong rolleyes
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by vexxy(f): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2005
Hum, it sounds like he's just not that into you. I'd break it off, but then that's just me. wink

He may have a reasonable excuse but I'd just say when he has the time, then we can get back together, but until then maybe he should go off and focus on what he obviously finds more important than building a relationship with you.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by uchetobi(f): 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
My exact sentiments
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by Balogun(m): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2005
Appreciate the fact that boys and men usually need some space. Depends on how you feel for him. Ultimatums just makes boys realise your desperation. Chill out and make your own social life
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by uchetobi(f): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2005
Nobody said anything about an ultimatum.Nobody wants a babysitter but 2 months is a bit too long, if they were not in the same city thats understandable. I bet he was a more regular caller when he was asking you out.Besides nothing stops him from calling more regularly.A guy thats too busy making money now so he doesnt have time for his girl wont have time for his wife either. Anyways thats just ma opinion.
@kissysparks. why not go visit him and let him know you aint too comfortable with his atitude
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2005
hey c'mon kiss gv him sometyme.. let me tell you.. his wish 4 him his to call you as long has he wants.. he can rather stay on phone as long..as the money is at is disposal.  don't feel he doesn't care or something..  

Infact you know what just try and call him 4 lyke 3mins or there about.. and tell him what's on board and hear his respond or u can invite him 2 your crip, and talk to him.. his response will determine what to do  thats it. eh..? take am easy, i know say e no easy.. everything is just take endurance. you have to endure. Okay

@uchetobi. life no bi lyke that now.. haba.. how u go advice am to dump him lyke that.. ain't fair enough baibe
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by vexxy(f): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2005
What's funny is that if a woman does those things she's considered desperate.

Men love the hunt. If they like you, they will come for you unless he's shy. She did not state as much about her beau.

Someone who does not live far from you, who only sees you once every 2 months (or something to that effect), who very rarely calls, and says that it's just about him making money is not that interested in you. . . . or at least one would gather as much from her post.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 5:04pm On Oct 04, 2005
d thing is how close are they.. how many miles away
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by vexxy(f): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2005
Even miles of seperation can be closed by the use of a telephone. lipsrsealed
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by uchetobi(f): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2005
smartsoft:

@uchetobi. life no bi lyke that now.. haba.. how u go advice am to dump him lyke that.. ain't fair enough baibe
It was just opinion. She said
kissyspark:

Now if you were in my shoes what would you do?
And for the girls, if your boyfriend treats you as such what would you do?

I was saying what i'l do if i were in her shoes. and thats dump himgrin grin
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2005
Well watever sha @kiss she should call him over and talk to him and hear his response.. instead of jumping to conclusion of dumping him.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by SirKay3(m): 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2005
The relationship is not a serious one, cos communication matters a lot.

So, take your decision carefully and prayerfully
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by Scorpio(f): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2005
Talk to him about it, if he still goes abt things in the same way, leave him jo! Life is too short for that type of stress.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by Motee(f): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
If you are comfortable with your feeling that you are losing him, please give him a break from your own side also.

If you know your feeling is so strong and you can’t just stop loving him despite his recent behaviour, then ask him if he is still interested in you. The reason is because if you are still very much in love with him, telling you to drop him is a waste of time because you won't do it. All because the so called love is blind as they say.

Like I always say...a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2005
Thanks Motee, i guess Kiss as heard a lot from us.. left 4 her to decide what 2 do.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by nike4luv(f): 8:32pm On Oct 04, 2005
i think you should have a talk about his actions and you just gatta plan it
dont just kick him to the kurb like that
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2005
abeg nikky tell am oo make she hear am ooo
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by nike4luv(f): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2005
i tell you o
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by FOD(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2005
Who does the calling? If this guy does the calling always and he doesn't get a call back, then there's a problem. It's possible the guy is fed up of calling everytime, or she has done something he doesn't like. I guess Kiss is in a better position to know this.

Don't just call it off, talk with him. You have to understand each other, i guess that's what keeps a relationship going.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by vexxy(f): 12:07am On Oct 05, 2005
It just sound more then that to me. She said that he only comes around when he likes, not when they agree. Is this a one sided relationship? It should be shared.

They haven't seen each other in over 2 months? Was it because he didn't think it was a good idea? I think so because she said his excuse was he's to broke.

How much money do you need to sit with your girlfriend and enjoy face to face quality time?

It just doesn't sound right.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by layi(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2005
vexxy:

How much money do you need to sit with your girlfriend and enjoy face to face quality time?

Sadly enough a lot of guyz fall into this pit every now and then because they believe to "keep her in love", they've got to trip her all the time and they need money. They are truly in love but they are myopic.
Methinks real girls fall for who you are and not what you've got.

Back to the topic.

I always advice the "dumping" thing should come only after a thorough tete-a-tete discussion. Dont just jump into conclusions no matter how obvious it looks. Go see him. Tell him whatz up and hear his "last statement" at least. It could make the diffrence.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by otokx(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2005
a lot has been said. the bottom line is that there has to be a two way exchange in words and she should inform him of her perception before wielding the big stick in case he does not change.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by angelak(f): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2005
rolleyes
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by kissyspark(f): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2005
why am so confused is this, when i get fed up and calls him up 2 talk to him he`s scared i wanna dump him cos i have met some rich dude and then hes begging ,crying plz dont dump me ok i promise to change and then after sometime he goes back but i love him just hope he would change
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by gina34(f): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2005
Then all you have to do is to pray your way out.

Give him more time coz is not easy to dump someone you love .
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by uche777(f): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2005
@kissypark

If i'm left to say he ll continue the "crying, i ll change" of a thing

well i think u should just sit him down ,have a heart to heart talk with him,

let him know what u expect of him in the relationship,in doing this be firm cos it's ur feelings we r talking about here.tell him point blank ur not comfortable with the way things are going.

if he really cares n adores u that much ,he shld be eager to talk to u, know how ur doing,pay the visits.

Honsetly if he thinks that makin money is the ultimate,maybe u both shld go n test the waters,is hard to but at times certain things has to be done.

so dearie go for what u want.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by smartsoft(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2005
See i guess kisspark have seen all what we wrote.. let her go and meet him and give us feed back.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by spicy4real(f): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2005
if im d one i would give him a break to get himself and choose between myself and d money he goes about making fine its for ur sake but atleast there is time 4 everything
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by da808cutie(f): 6:11pm On Oct 05, 2005
A relationship is a two-way street, so you can't keep complaining about him not calling you if u don't make the effort yourself to call him regularly. guys have feelings too u know, you surely don't expect him you be all over you if you don't do the same.
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by goodguy(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2005
very well spoken, da808cutie.

@ kissyspark, one thing I really want to know is that Do you love him so much that you want to marry him? If not, then the relationship is as good as useless. Call it off!
Re: What Would You Do If You Had a Boyfriend Like Mine? by rufaai(m): 5:03am On Oct 06, 2005
WOW! I think he's playing double game... I know how we are always

Just give him some time... Tell him if he has no time for you, you'll break up... I think this would make things look better... Try it

Also, You girls need to be a little bit bold to love... I mean you shouldn't show out too much of love to a guy... That will make him feel superior... Just show him that you love and thats all...

I think that should be it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

... / There Is No Such Thing As A Perfect Person – Only One That Is Perfect For You / Shocked Plane Passengers Watch Couple Have Sex In Front Of Everyone (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.