Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Is God Partial? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Partial? (7827 Views)

Is God Partial? Please Read And Advice / Is GOD Partial?? / Is God Partial With His Favours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Partial? by olutomiwa(m): 11:43am On Aug 19, 2006
When one takes a look at what is happening to people and countries around the world, one might want to ask if God is partial.

Why is it that some babies die even before they are born while others are born?

Why do some people live very long and some die at very early age?
Why are some people very very rich while others are very very poor?
Why are some people who are very prayerful not succeeding in life while those that not even know God are succeeding in all endeavours of live?

I wonder: is God partial?
Re: Is God Partial? by Damsal(f): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2006
Tomiwa, In the book of matthew the bible says i didn't come to bring peace. So expecting that God should place an end to every problem is very questionable. Even Jesus went through suffering and had to plead with God to "take away this cup of suffering" yet it was not taken away, it just goes to show that there can't be victory with out tribulation.
It is very hurtful seeing unfortunate people around while others are basking in riches but that's just how things would be till the end of time. I've always believed that if u got a misfortune then it's cause you've done something wrong or otherwise. Such as when i lose money i always believe it's cause someone needs it more than i do, so if a baby dies before it's born probably the parents do not deserve it or are not in position to care for it.
Ps.
this reasoning does not go for that of the third world.
Re: Is God Partial? by Raymand(m): 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2006
What a way to show gratitude for life, wake up in the morning (Thanks to God) come on to the internet ( thanks to God) and ask, ' Is God partial' . . . hmmm mortals! na wa for una, if na me bi God. . .
Re: Is God Partial? by Damsal(f): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2006
Raymand:

What a way to show gratitude for life, wake up in the morning (Thanks to God) come on to the internet ( thanks to God) and ask, ' Is God partial' . . . hmmm mortals! na wa for una, if na me bi God. . .

hey Ray he was just questioning you can't say you've never had a doubt in your heart before.
Re: Is God Partial? by kiki(f): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2006
olutomiwa:

when one takes a look at wot is happening 2 people and countries around d world,one might want 2 ask is God partial?why is it that some babies die even before they are born while others are born?y do some people live very long and some die at very early age?y are some people very very rich while others are very very poor?y are some people who are very prayerful not succeeding in life while those that not even know God are succeeding in all endeavours of live?me i dey wonder{aloud}IS GOD PARTIAL?

i think about it 2 and yet the bible says we are all equal in the sight of the lord but different stuff are happenin to lots of ppl in d world well i can't say if God is partial or not but this sure is a question 2 ax God wen i see him grin grin grin just kiddin
Re: Is God Partial? by omonozozo(m): 5:00pm On Aug 19, 2006
olutomiwa:

when one takes a look at wot is happening 2 people and countries around d world,one might want 2 ask is God partial?why is it that some babies die even before they are born while others are born?y do some people live very long and some die at very early age?y are some people very very rich while others are very very poor?y are some people who are very prayerful not succeeding in life while those that not even know God are succeeding in all endeavours of live?me i dey wonder{aloud}IS GOD PARTIAL?

Bravo! I can see from your writing that you seek the path to enlightenment. You can only comprehend the meaning of life when you attain a higher level of consciousness. good luck in your quest. cool
Re: Is God Partial? by kellybaba(m): 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2006
Life is given to all by God and everyman born into this world has a deposit within him/her that would make that individual Great.
The difference therefore,btw the "haves and the have-nots" lies in this Discovery ! Once u discover ur potential,u become great.If u fail to discover what 'seed of greatness' lies within u,thaz failure,frustration and hardship.
However,let me also confirm to u that whatever a man becomes in life is a product of information i.e what he knows ! A proverb in my place says that if a man doesnot know where a rain begins to fall on him,he may not know where the rain stopped.Ignorance !
Recall also that we live in an environment esp here in Africa where 'darkness' thrives. By this i mean that someone's success must be directly related to someone else's failure.Where men survive at the expense of others ! Ask the rural dwellers in the village and even in the urban areas and u will understand excatly what i mean.
later pls, gatta run now
Re: Is God Partial? by ky4real(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2006
ppl may want 2say our GOD is partial
but he's not cos not all hands r equal
GODhas his plan n purpose 4 each 1
of us, so ma guy GOD aint partial
wink
Re: Is God Partial? by dennylove(m): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2006
people may want 2say our GOD is partial
but he's not because not all hands r equal
GODhas his plan n purpose 4 each 1
of us, so ma guy GOD aint partial
KY4REAL,I LIKE YOUR PREACHING, YOU SUPPOSE, BE PASTOR,RIDE ON.
Re: Is God Partial? by Seun(m): 11:53am On Aug 21, 2006
Some people are more lucky than others, that's all. We can only maximize our chances of good fortune in life by working hard and being cautious in decision-making. Having done that, we can accept whatever happens to us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Partial? by Mongue(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2006
Of course if you are a Christian or a Muslim then you have to believe that God is Partial.

Both follow the Old Testament which is all about God chosing one group of people (The Jews) and making them his special, chosen people. That seems pretty partial to me.

You may say that the Quran or New Testament change that, but if God has been partial in the past who can say it's still not the case.

So if you want to believe in that God then a definite YES. He is very very partial, been know to take sides and help one group of people, forgetting or even killing the rest. Imagine how long it took him to get round to contacting Africa!
Re: Is God Partial? by pati(f): 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2006
God is not partial. He is just and his thoughts for each and every one of us is that of good and not evil. He also said in the bible that ' i wish above all things that ye prosper and be in good health even as thy soul prosper' .
Re: Is God Partial? by greeng: 9:58am On Aug 22, 2006
So if you want to believe in that God then a definite YES. He is very very partial, been know to take sides and help one group of people, forgetting or even killing the rest. Imagine how long it took him to get round to contacting Africa!

Hello Mongue,

I just want to add this to your comment on this issue:

I think that God has placed help on our hands so that we can help each other. Whatsoever God does, he uses someone who is willing. It did not take God long to reach Africa. African took long to reach themselves.

How many villages in Nigeria are fully reached today in a country that God has given the best oil reserved?, should we expect God to drill, refine, sell and develop this poor villages? I think men are partial (wicked) and not God.
Re: Is God Partial? by Ezeakachi: 11:03am On Aug 22, 2006
[b]God has given man the power to make choices, so anything that happens to man is according to his actions or that of his parents or even fore-fathers. you can not sow pear and expect to harvest maize.If a woman aborts a baby will you blame God for the child's death? If a man works outside God's plan and purpose for his life and becomes poor afterall, will you blame God? In essence, man is 100% responsible for anything that befalls him be it good or bad. cool
Re: Is God Partial? by upwright: 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2006
this issue is a big question. it is as asking, has God got favorites? why should an individual suffer for the sins of his grandparents? this to me, deny the person a clean slate to operate from. Whatz the guarantee that a person will toe the lines of his grandparents: for instance Enoch, whom the bible recorded as having walked with God did not continue in line with the evil of the people b4 him.
Re: Is God Partial? by FBI3: 12:15pm On Aug 22, 2006
Good question but from my own point of view i can say that God is not partial and cant be partial,He blesses who He wants to bless.remember the bible says in genesis even before the birth of esaw and Jacob,that Esaw i hate and Jacob i loved.He is the alwise God so He does was its right, His ways are not our ways neither His thout out thout , so learn to give thanks in every situation you found urself, for this is the right thing to do.thanx
Re: Is God Partial? by charm01(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2006
We often feel God is partial because most of us don't even know him enough let alone his way of doing things.In the bible,Romans 11 specifically it says 'who knows what the Lord is thinking, ,how impossible it is to understand his methods(LT), But the scriptures also say we know these things,for we have the spirit of God.In other words we cannot say the things that have to do with God based on our natural inclinations.when something happens in the material world it takes the sixth sense(which most of us are NEVER aware of) to decode a meaning.But we can always take solace in the fact that He(God)causes all things(the good,bad,ugly,beautiful) to work together for our good because we love him and,we are the called according to his purpose. wink
Re: Is God Partial? by onyek: 5:25pm On Aug 22, 2006
I really believe that life is what you make of it. Whether you can or can't depends on you.

I've just watched a film called "The Secret". It can be purchased at thesecret.tv or watched online. It talks about the fact that you get what you focus on. If you focus on darkness and despair, then you get darkness and despair. If you focus on success and good luck then you get success and good luck.

The world is run according to Pareto's law; 20% of people own/run 80% of the world's resources ( actually some other stats have put the ratio closer to 4:96) You have to ask why is it just a small number of people own such a large amount of the earth's resources/wealth, How can that be? In some ways it is natural selection. If you look at the background of a lot of people that have achieved this success, many of them come from quite poor backgrounds and they've overcome great adversity to reach a very high level of success. So it's not a factor of birth. There is another argument about nature vs nurture and how our environment can assist us to be successful. Again that depends on the sort of information you allow into your mind. In eveything we have a choice i.e. we have a choice to visit nairaland.com and interact with people on the board or not; we have a choice to go to work or not; we have a choice to buy a bottle of coke or not; I strongly believe it's all about decisions and the consequences of those decisions.

There is an ibo saying that says "onye kwe, chi a kwe" translated if you say yes, your god will say yes
Re: Is God Partial? by abiodunade(m): 10:28am On Aug 23, 2006
To my understanding God is not partial at total,i believe He does something that we as human beings find difficulty to comprehend.because,He is Almight God,He has the power to do anything that pleases Him.So God is not partial because we re equal before Him.
Re: Is God Partial? by michy(f): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2006
God is not partial.his ways are quite different from ours.i know many people will see it as been partial
but he is not
Re: Is God Partial? by Oracle(m): 11:15pm On Aug 23, 2006
I guess thatz why he's God
A supreme Unpredictable being
he is someone you cannot predict
some people serve God but don't really know who he is.
if we were able to tell God's ways and character then he is not God.
the mystery of him is what makes it so special
makes it so mysterious

Re: Is God Partial? by dennylove(m): 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2006
i hope say you go like this name wey i wan give you,you bi real "ORACLE OF GOD.i like your PREACHING.!!!!
Re: Is God Partial? by Remmzy(m): 6:50am On Aug 29, 2006
@ topic
this topic can make bible scholars sin against God grin, for example; Jacob & Esau's case before birth which reflets on their living after birth lipsrsealed. Lets thread gently pls!
Re: Is God Partial? by Tzar(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2006
I am totally tempted to respond to this controversy. Well, as to the partiality of God, one can say that He is partial if one veiws it from the human point of veiw (come to think of it we are all human!!) undecided
Like a respondent wrote this is one of the major questions that we must ask God. If you say God has a right to give as he pleases, then what is the use of human freedom and equality. How can we explain the fact that we are all going to be judged with the same yardsticks, but aren't given the same opportunities? This is not to celebrate human rebellion. Humans have no choice but to do as God wishes, we all know the effect of disobidience. A French philosopher said man was born free but everywhere he is in chains. I totally disagree. We are all born chained to the conditions that we find ourselves. To whom much is given ,
Humans are given the illusion of choice. What is the use of choice when it is between alternatives one is not particularly crazy about. For most people, life is like having to choose between two or more dictators in an election. Sinning is very
'sweet' but you cant do it if you want to go to heaven. The choice we have are the ones God presents to us.
I have since accepted the predicament of man. I have chosen God not because I am totally taken about His ways of doing thing, but because I prefer the effects of being on His side. I know people who ask, what if there is no God? I ask them, what have you got to loose if you assume that there is? Come to think of it, at the end of everything, if there really isnt any God, you wont loose anything. If there is, you still wont loose anything but you'll gain a lot. But if you didnt believe that there was God and He's waiting for you on the other side, I leave you to imagine the consequences.
Re: Is God Partial? by Remmzy(m): 12:00am On Sep 02, 2006
Tzar:

I am totally tempted to respond to this controversy. Well, as to the partiality of God, one can say that He is partial if one veiws it from the human point of veiw (come to think of it we are all human!!) undecided
Like a respondent wrote this is one of the major questions that we must ask God. If you say God has a right to give as he pleases, then what is the use of human freedom and equality. How can we explain the fact that we are all going to be judged with the same yardsticks, but aren't given the same opportunities? This is not to celebrate human rebellion. Humans have no choice but to do as God wishes, we all know the effect of disobidience. A French philosopher said man was born free but everywhere he is in chains. I totally disagree. We are all born chained to the conditions that we find ourselves. To whom much is given ,
Humans are given the illusion of choice. What is the use of choice when it is between alternatives one is not particularly crazy about. For most people, life is like having to choose between two or more dictators in an election. Sinning is very
'sweet' but you can't do it if you want to go to heaven. The choice we have are the ones God presents to us.
I have since accepted the predicament of man. I have chosen God not because I am totally taken about His ways of doing thing, but because I prefer the effects of being on His side. I know people who ask, what if there is no God? I ask them, what have you got to loose if you assume that there is? Come to think of it, at the end of everything, if there really isnt any God, you wont loose anything. If there is, you still wont loose anything but you'll gain a lot. But if you didnt believe that there was God and He's waiting for you on the other side, I leave you to imagine the consequences.

It aint funny my guy, Sho! cry
Re: Is God Partial? by BernieBoy(m): 3:32pm On Sep 02, 2006
I appreciate the reasoning of the Author of this topic and the replies posted but i MUST SAY THIS: A good christian should learn to accept some things the way they are and not question God. This to me simply is a matter of divine favour.
Re: Is God Partial? by walex4luv(m): 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2006
IS GOD PARTIAL?The Secret things belong unto God while those that are revealed to us are for our admonition. Members in the house I want to believe that God is not partial. He does things the way he wants and we cant question him. That is why we call him the Omniscience God,  That is the all knowing God, !
  In every situation will find ourselves, lets thank Him and believe he has the power to turn our situations around. GOD IS NOT PARTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Paul Rebuked Idleness / The Prayer Of The Righteous Is A Delight To God But The Wicked's An Abomination! / Are Jehovah Witnesses Chrtistians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.