Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. (9753 Views)

Nigerian (igbo) Lady Causes Stir Flaunting Her B0obs On Social Media ( Photos ) / Can't Seem To Get The Image Off My Mind / Igbo Husband Doesn't Contact Me When He's In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
You all were right!!! he didn't ever love me, he just used me. He was still on the site I met him on. Loveme1970. I feel very ashamed and stupid. some of you are very mean on here, unnessarily. I truly loved this man from my heart. and he used me. Now he is looing for another to use. be where!! I hope you know him. He is from Benin. Chidubem Cyril Ijeaku.

Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2015
tosomaju:

really? then use Google map

Google map for an image that looks nothing like a map.

If I asked you to assess your level of stupidity on a scale of 10. Wouldn't it be too much for my small mouth? cheesy
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by tosomaju(m): 11:40pm On Jan 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

Google map for an image that looks nothing like a map.

If I ask you to assess your level of stupidity on a scale of 10. Wouldn't it be too much for my small mouth? cheesy

if you can't decode that image, it means you have sense-arch pls see a gynaecologist
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
tosomaju:

if you can't decode that image, it means you have sense-arch pls see a gynaecologist

Gynecologist? shocked

Can you see how pathetic your life is?
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2015
tosomaju:

Nice chatting with you. I need to go back to my books grin
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by tosomaju(m): 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
@ ggratia1. at this juncture pick up the pieces and move on. don't close your heart to love, just include your brain next time. I pray you find a man that truely deserve you.
people are heartless....playing with other people's heart as if it's mat
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by tosomaju(m): 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
Justfollowit:

Nice chatting with you. I need to go back to my books grin

me too.... take care
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is an epistle but i might come back to it..
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Boland(m): 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
ggratia1:
You all were right!!! he didn't ever love me, he just used me. He was still on the site I met him on. Loveme1970. I feel very ashamed and stupid. some of you are very mean on here, unnessarily. I truly loved this man from my heart. and he used me. Now he is looing for another to use. be where!! I hope you know him. He is from Benin. Chidubem Cyril Ijeaku.
Sorry ma'am. Peeps are not mean, they just want you to see your mistakes. They live in Nigeria and know what some men here can do.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 24, 2015
stevecrun:
He just has one problem...He prolly married you not for love..he does not love you..he married you for papers..
i don't know what to call you
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 25, 2015
This thread make me know the hatred nigerian women have for Nigerian men that try to marry from another country.

Am sorry to say. That all ladies comment on This thread show hatred and not meaningful.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 25, 2015
wow your story touched me. call me on +2348100392181 or add me on bbm 29C329CA lets talk better God bless you.ote author=ggratia1 post=30045808]I do love and care for my husband. I was learning his language. like I said we were so happy. I guess what I didn't mention was the stress he was feeling from home. (Nigeria) you see he takes care of his parents financially. He wants a job and I got a lawyer to handle it, but it takes 2 months to get a work visa here. I have read his cultures history. I even found an article about his father. Your right I do need to learn to cook his food, but I couldn't eat it I have tried too spicy. We joke that if I went to his village he said I would starve, lol. I am patient, but he is not at all. I just want him to come home. sad sad[/quote]
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by zeezahbee(f): 2:17am On Jan 25, 2015
stevecrun:
He just has one problem...He prolly married you not for love..he does not love you..he married you for papers..
Steve, your mouth ehn. The marriage hasn't even yield a fruit, I mean he hasn't gotten work authorization. A naija man won't leave without getting a 2years then 10 years green card. There's more to this story. I live in Houston Texas and I know the games naija play.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by zeezahbee(f): 2:23am On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:
My husband did not marry me for papers. He already has a visa. he had a Job with a Good company in Nigeria Called Purple Rain in Lagos. and they are constantly begging him to come back to his job there. like I said communication is our problem. I hate when people think that just because my husband is Nigerian he just married me for papers. I have met alot of his family here and I talk daily to his sister. and I have even talked to his crazy ex wife. We were brought up with different customs. both of our parents are still living and still married. Im 44 and my husband 42. We are not kids. I'm just trying to learn how to relate to him better, so we don't argue. I appreciate the comments, but no one is going to turn me against my husband no matter what. I love him. What am I doing wrong? I don't know.
Try to understand . Nigeria families don't owe you anything as the wife. They only care about their son's decision. He's an adult. Trust me,theres no EX anywhere. The guy probably married.

You need to say the truth so people can give you a sane advice. You said he didn't marry you for papers. Go back and read your first post; you said he doesn't have a job and you got a lawyer to get him a work visa.

Please did he come with visa lottery or what ?

Be truthful ok. Thanks
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by mikron(m): 3:25am On Jan 25, 2015
Dearie ur story is touching to say the least, like most peeps have been saying here he probably didn't love u, the truth might sound bitter but if I were u I would pick d broken pieces of my heart and move on. Try and open ur heart to love once more, but please do not dwell on dating sites, most people u meet there might be fake. What state re u from in the US? Do u work? Are u aggressive in nature? Some men expecially Nigerian men hate women that are aggressive and domineering (hope u re not), take ur time to pray to God concerning this u will be glad u did. Keep ur fingers crossed dear for it is not over, u re a conqueror. God is ur strength. Stay blessed and keep believing for d best.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by MsNas(f): 6:35am On Jan 25, 2015
crowns2:
I have read through all your comments OP. First he was browsing on a dating site on his wedding night?! because he is bored- off all the days in his life to be bored it is on his wedding night?! haba? Someone took over his facebook page? He had a good paying job with a so called company callled Purple Rain- i bet such company doesn't exist. Never heard of it. From my observations you are sooooo in love you cannot read in between the lines. The man's story is simply not adding up at all. You are just ready to believe any story he throws at you hook line and sinker. As a citizen, Once you are dating someone without work permit/ papers you have to be extremely careful and cautious so you don't allow yourself to be used for papers. You said you dated this guy for weeks only before marrying. In my opinion i believe you are being lied to and being used. He doesn't love you as much as you love him. If he did he wont be treating you this way. That man is not truthful, honest or even straightforward. If you had dated him longer you would have seen this traits. Sorry for what you are going through.
Thank you jare! I know someone here who came here through his African American wife (Older woman o). This guy has been here more than 5 years and has been professing love to this woman, just to get her to stay in line cos of his papers, yet no love was lost in between them. He even has a steady girlfriend in Nigeria who knows this guy is married and living with an Akata woman here. Yet the girl won't leave him because she knows he's with her for papers

The OP said her husband doesn't have facebook! Lmao. Lies!! cheesy This my friend too, his AA wife thinks he doesn't have Facebook cos they fought when she found out he was chatting up girls on there and he had to deactivate the Facebook to placate here. But dude has Facebook, he just has it under another name. The OP is being lied to and used. It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... It is a duck.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 25, 2015
Benin is not igbo na lipsrsealed
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by DieeDiee: 7:52am On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:

If that's even his real name and if he gave you his real birthday. Sweety the best revenge you can have is to deport him. Call immigration NOW!!!

Ps, next time stay away from Nigerians you meet on the net. Doesn't matter if you've met his best friend, aunt, grandmother, dog, cat if he doesn't have papers or a job RUN!!! If "he has a visa expiring soon but really wants to marry you" then let him go back to Nigeria and renew his papers - the world is going nowhere and neither is America. He will find the country still in the same place 6 months later.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
Try to understand . Nigeria families don't owe you anything as the wife. They only care about their son's decision. He's an adult. Trust me,theres no EX anywhere. The guy probably married.

You need to say the truth so people can give you a sane advice. You said he didn't marry you for papers. Go back and read your first post; you said he doesn't have a job and you got a lawyer to get him a work visa.

Please did he come with visa lottery or what ?

Be truthful ok. Thanks
B itch u dont know me. Okay. I have told the truth. He is a lying ass whole. As u seem to know the game they play. Your probably a player. And for your information. I saw his divorce papers so talk what you know and stop trying to assume you know anything. He was not married. But he is married to me. Some of you people make me sick with your assumptions about my life when you don't know me. Or my husband. Don't!!!
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 25, 2015
MsNas:

Thank you jare! I know someone here who came here through his African American wife (Older woman o). This guy has been here more than 5 years and has been professing love to this woman, just to get her to stay in line cos of his papers, yet no love was lost in between them. He even has a steady girlfriend in Nigeria who knows this guy is married and living with an Akata woman here. Yet the girl won't live him because she knows he's with her for papers

The OP said her husband doesn't have facebook! Lmao. Lies!! cheesy This my friend too, his AA wife thinks he doesn't have Facebook cos they fought when she found out he was chatting up girls on there and he had to deactivate the Facebook to placate here. But dude has Facebook, he just has it under another name. The OP is being lied to and used. It walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... It is a duck.
Funny!! But I never had problem with him having a facebook. But everytime we try to fix it. It got hacked. Which he was upset cause his friends and family was on there. They even hacked his email. But the problem was someone in Nigeria I guess he pissed off. But he had two facebooks. One is still up but he was locked out. The other someone kept erasing the info on it. That happens all the time. People even make duplicate of your page to get to your friends to cause problems. Nobody cares about facebook. I have hundreds more friends then he did. Not that kind of problems. People that get upset cause your man talks to his ex or to female friends are petty and insecure. When he was here I never felt insecure. We were together all the time. He kept me at his side. I speak to his family still.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 25, 2015
DieeDiee:

If that's even his real name and if he gave you his real birthday. Sweety the best revenge you can have is to deport him. Call immigration NOW!!!

Ps, next time stay away from Nigerians you meet on the net. Doesn't matter if you've met his best friend, aunt, grandmother, dog, cat if he doesn't have papers or a job RUN!!! If "he has a visa expiring soon but really wants to marry you" then let him go back to Nigeria and renew his papers - the world is going nowhere and neither is America. He will find the country still in the same place 6 months later.
Thanks I know you say the truth. But still thanks for the laugh. The way I feel I can use it. I plan to contact immigration and ICE Monday and call my immigration lawyer to make sure he doesn't do this to someone else.
The sad thing is. That I was in love with this man completely. My first marriage and my last. I know you say don't close my heart but I never want this type of pain again. I've loved and I've lost and I'm done. Im going to morn my marriage and try to move forward alone.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by MsNas(f): 11:37am On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:

Funny!! But I never had problem with him having a facebook. But everytime we try to fix it. It got hacked. Which he was upset cause his friends and family was on there. They even hacked his email. But the problem was someone in Nigeria I guess he pissed off. But he had two facebooks. One is still up but he was locked out. The other someone kept erasing the info on it. That happens all the time. People even make duplicate of your page to get to your friends to cause problems. Nobody cares about facebook. I have hundreds more friends then he did. Not that kind of problems. People that get upset cause your man talks to his ex or to female friends are petty and insecure. When he was here I never felt insecure. We were together all the time. He kept me at his side. I speak to his family still.
Hey, easy tiger! I never said you had a problem with him having a Facebook. I said he might be lying his Facebook got hacked or something. I am an IT guy and I know about the clones of Facebook pages. But your so called husband is also Nigerian, these are my people and I know them like the back of my hand. You might have loved him but there's a very huge and probable fact that the feelings ain't mutual.

I know as an American, you might find it hard that someone could lie that much and really well. Well newsflash, we are pros. Most of us can lie off the top of our head if need be. Cut your loses and move on. There are bigger and much more delicious fishes in the ocean. But if you don't want that, then you can maintain the status quo.

You were cussing out a poster up on there, it ain't my business but, cool it sister. You came on a Nigerian forum and they told you as is it, don't come on here cussing.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by zeezahbee(f): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:

B itch u dont know me. Okay. I have told the truth. He is a lying ass whole. As u seem to know the game they play. Your probably a player. And for your information. I saw his divorce papers so talk what you know and stop trying to assume you know anything. He was not married. But he is married to me. Some of you people make me sick with your assumptions about my life when you don't know me. Or my husband. Don't!!!
You are the freaking biitch for letting a man screw your ass. You came here to find a solution and you ain't cool with all the response. You want me to pity you abi. If you have a solution , why dnt you shut the F up and get out of here. For your info, that man ain't coming back. tongue . Cry river, learn how to talk first, then talk about marriage. Dnt ever call people bittch

If you want your man back, file his papers for him, he ran away because you refused to send his papers in for his 2 years Green card.

Am out of here cheesy
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
Steve, your mouth ehn. The marriage hasn't even yield a fruit, I mean he hasn't gotten work authorization. A naija man won't leave without getting a 2years then 10 years green card. There's more to this story. I live in Houston Texas and I know the games naija play.
I just said the truth though..The man is dubious..he has something he's not telling the lady
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
MsNas:

Hey, easy tiger! I never said you had a problem with him having a Facebook. I said he might be lying his Facebook got hacked or something. I am an IT guy and I know about the clones of Facebook pages. But your so called husband is also Nigerian, these are my people and I know them like the back of my hand. You might have loved him but there's a very huge and probable fact that the feelings ain't mutual.

I know as an American, you might find it hard that someone could lie that much and really well. Well newsflash we are pros. Most of us can lie off the top of my head if need be. Cut your loses and move on. There are bigger and much more delicious fishes in the ocean. But if you don't want that, then you can maintain the status quo.

You were cussing out a poster up on there, it aint my business but, cool it sister. You came on a Nigerian forum and they told you as is it. Don't come on here cussing.
Dont dish what you cant take. If i curse its my mouth. Yall pissing me off. You putting ur own people down its so sad. You speak like its from experience. And trust and believe I'm not fooling myself. Im done with him.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2015
this should be in literature section!!!

this story is a fiction.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
You are the freaking biitch for letting a man screw your ass. You came here to find a solution and you ain't cool with all the response. You want me to pity you abi. If you have a solution , why dnt you shut the F up and get out of here. For your info, that man ain't coming back. tongue . Cry river, learn how to talk first, then talk about marriage. Dnt ever call people bittch

If you want your man back, file his papers for him, he ran away because you refused to send his papers in for his 2 years Green card.

Am out of here cheesy
Zee you make me laugh. New flash I know he aint coming back. But this is my post. I didnt nessarily need your comment. You dish your shit but you cant take the shit back. Too funny. Thanks for cheering me up. You calling me a Bitch is a compliment. Thanks. Im a Alpha female honey. Okay. Alpha. Something your Nigerian males cant deal with. Im that female all men want. Cause I got my own. Car, house, and money. My make my own. Got my own business. When i was helping his family I wasnt send hundreds boo. I was sending Thousands. You couldn't be me in your dreams honey. So get a clue. Yes I loved my husband. Im suppose to. I dont cheat. Im a good woman with a strong heart and mind. You people give me strength. Its not my fault he left. His Ego made him leave and his impatience. But keep putting me down cause aparently its the only way to make yourself feel better. Smdh.
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
AyokunleRuth:
this should be in literature section!!!

this story is a fiction.

Honey I wish. But I couldnt make this up if i wanted too. It sad. But Im done here. There are some sweet people here with a good heart. And there are some messed up hypocriticle people on here too. You all expect so little of your fellow Nigerian. So some of you dont strive to be better people. You expect a man to treat you badly and accept this as the norm and as long as you continue to think that a person is bad because they come from a society of people. You will always go through the same. Nothing about ur culture will change until you start believing and changing it. I have friends that are Nigerian and I have known them for years. Good people. They would be angry about some of your comments.

1 Like

Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:

Honey I wish. But I couldnt make this up if i wanted too. It sad. But Im done here. There are some sweet people here with a good heart. And there are some messed up hypocriticle people on here too. You all expect so little of your fellow Nigerian. So some of you dont strive to be better people. You expect a man to treat you badly and accept this as the norm and as long as you continue to think that a person is bad because they come from a society of people. You will always go through the same. Nothing about ur culture will change until you start believing and changing it. I have friends that are Nigerian and I have known them for years. Good people. They would be angry about some of your comments.
Ma if this is true then i will say you made a mistake.
Why would you marry someone you barely know. Online dating? i wouldn't advice my to do that. You don't know all of someone you see on daily basis let alone someone far away. That makes you look desperate.

well it has happened. i don't support divorce either. i will advice you stay strong and face what comes next.

that man definitely does not love u. the reason he married you is something am still trying to figure out
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by MsNas(f): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:

Dont dish what you cant take. If i curse its my mouth. Yall pissing me off. You putting ur own people down its so sad. You speak like its from experience. And trust and believe I'm not fooling myself. Im done with him.
Dude, we pissing you off? What did you expect? For us to hold your hand, caress your hair and sugarcoat things by telling you its gonna be alright? What good is that gonna be to you if we lie to you? Yeah, it's from experience. I've never been married (I'm a young girl), but I've had Nigerian boyfriend and still have a Nigerian boyfriend and I know majority of them lie. I don't condone lying in my relationships but it's a fact we all know that they do. Stop getting defensive, this is the internet, you've got to have thicker skin than that. SMH
Re: I Can't Seem To Communicate With My New Nigerian Igbo Husband. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 25, 2015
ggratia1:
Maybe coming here was a mistake. I just thought some Nigerians could help me understand my husband and what he sees as my role in our marriage and how to better approach him with issues. His ex wife was a violent woman she stabbed him and cut him several times during there marriage. tell he finally left when she yelled at him and embarrassed him in public, but I would never do that to him. I'm not a violent person.

am married to igbo man. did u talk with his ex in person? there r 2 sides of story. don't believe a person who speaks bad about ex. just some people have more patient and some doesn't take crap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Evil Side Of Masturbation Nobody Told About. / He Brought A Stranger Home From A Bar To Pass The Night, Now This Is Happening / Check Out These Slim Girls With Big Booties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.