Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,563 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. (1577 Views)

Bride-to-be & Her Fiance Die In Auto Crash Enroute To Lagos From PH / Calabar Electric Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (Photo) / New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 11:04am On Jan 23, 2015
Umuahia

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 11:19am On Jan 23, 2015
A project by Abia govt, hmnhmn. They say na shopping mall

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 4:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sorry, My battery went down. Didn't I envisage that? No! I prepared my mind I was going to ride in a first class couch, where there is said to be a charging port for each passenger.
Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
The trip was adventurous but marred with the dustiness incidental to dry season in Nigeria and the featherweight soot-dirt of burnt bushes stirred by the agitations of air by the train along the rail line.
Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
Agbani

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 4:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Enugu

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
At the station in EnuguEnugu.

I had to change my shirt as soon as we disembarked, thank God I wore a denim and t-shirt

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
Enugu seems to be the headquarters around, the big difference embarassed between the stations in Enugu and Port Harcourt says it.

Ticketing area

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
When we disembarked, we passed through a well designed long tunnel, leading outwards.

Outside

Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 5:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
Caution! Do not make this trip if you are either wearing a white fabric, or have an allergy or strong aversion for dust.
Although I was told this is the old train, the trip took a longer time than I thought, more than 6hours, there were many stops anyway, even when there were no passengers in a sub, it's seems to be the routine.
However, I still look forward to riding in a first class couch, I crave that.
But one thing is sure, no Aba, PH-Aba rd or Owerri-PH hold-up.
I saw monkeys, about 5 of them, somewhere between Agbani and Enugu. My first time to behold such wild lovely sight.
Re: A Trip To Enugu From PH By Rail. by ruffhandu: 5:12pm On Jan 23, 2015
Recommendations:
Govt should do well to create more awareness, lots of Nigerians do not know the rail system is working already.
Each village should be well labelled, on both sides. There were subs we got to and it took a lot of asking "where is this place?", before someone familiar with the terrain explained.
There is room for improvement.

https://books.google.com.ng/books?id=Gd7R7RPom3wC&pg=PA255&lpg=PA255&dq=mosehnin&source=bl&ots=W4XftGIaUX&sig=Zw5RI14aG508eHmNW8ex91-a3fM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=g2fKVLnKKsTiavzPgLAK&ved=0CB8Q6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=mosehnin&f=false

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight And Hotel Reservations For Schengen Visa. / If Not For Nairaland This Agent Would Have Turn Me To Maga. / Pictures Of A Shopping Mall In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.