Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 (36118 Views)

Emefiele To Senate: Nigeria’s Economy In Deep Crisis / Today, Our Country Has The Fastest Growing Economy In Africa — Buhari / Don’t Vote For Jonathan, Soyinka Lists Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by sampeyo: 5:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
uokocha70:
Modified:
This made front page, so let's talk now.
It is very good for the economy to grow. However talk is cheap. We don't want all these paper stuff. Is it too much to ask for tangible things?
Example:
1. Building a system that ensures teachers’ salaries are never delayed at all levels; Primary to tertiary.
2. Building infrastructure. This is the one we feel every day, and the one that gives governments their highest ratings.
3. Solving all these issues with incessant strikes, which is currently at its highest with this government. Government hospitals are on strike, and the judiciary is also on strike.
4. Giving us a clear blue print of where you are heading in the next 4 years. Not when things happen by chance you quickly claim it and when bad happens, you blame it on your enemies and distractors.

Are these too much to ask?

Yes CNN thinks our economy will grow in 2015, which is good. What we now want is what this government is planning to do to drive that growth. Where the heck is their manifesto?

uokocha70

Thanks for this analysis this an eye opener to fellow nigerians
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by kmariko: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
twerkjack:
SOMETIMES WHEN I SEE STUFF LIKE THIS, I BEGIN TO WONDER IF NIGERIA IS ANOTHER COUNTRY OR IF IM REALLY LIVING IN NIGERIA? SERIOUSLY! WHERE DOES ALL THIS GROWTH TAKE PLACE

The fact that you can afford to be online and still feed,clothe and have a room over your head is a small indication that you as a person in the country is thriving. And you are part of that growth.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by ifex40: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
Adelebadmos:
grin grin grin

Laudable indeed. Afterall, the other countried behind Naija all failed to pay atleast 80% of their workkforc while Naija could have only hardly 60% of working citizens hungry due to oil proce slump in the last quarter of 2014 haing sold the oil 25% in excess of the benchmark for the first 3 quarters of 2014.
Aeast Naija has an account named Excess Crude Oil Account for the surplus from crude oil proceeds though suddednly got empty immediately the oil entered it glot while others Do NOT HAVE A SUPLUS account at all!!!
All well said, Naija CHANGE NOW as FeBuhari 14th cannot and CAN NEVER be postponed. It is 22days to go!!!!

Sai Buhari!
Sai Osinbajo!!
FeBuhari 14!!!!

this thread is not for pple like you just get out and go along with your negetive mine.

Never come her again.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by FRANKDUFF: 5:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=CyberWolf post=30052394]Only hypocrites, wicked and evil minded group will dispute the fact that Nigeria is progressing..[/quote
APC A SATANIC PARTY
VISIT ARCHBISHOP SAMSON MUSTAPHA BENJAMIN.APC EXPOSED
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by HopeAlive14(m): 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
When a government does well, it should be commended just as it should be criticized when it does not do well.

Kudos to the President and FG of Nigeria on this report.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Missy89:
Nigerians are the greatest hypocrites in the world. Few weeks ago, CNN was an American propaganda channel against Nigeria and satanic because they reported the facts on the ground in the fight against boko haram. Today however, CNN's economic analysis regarding Nigeria should be taken seriously and GEJ administration should take the credit.

Where is the NJ there, big head? tongue

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
customized13:
nope, our superman is in charge.
hw will destroy the city like super man
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by dougivilla(m): 6:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
HopeAlive14:
When a government does well, it should be commended just as it should be criticized when it does not do well.

Kudos to the President and FG of Nigeria on this report.
Bros, this your theory is not for APC e-rats oh. As far as they are concerned the government has done absolutely nothing and can never do anything good. They are a bunch of hypocritical nay Sayers

Hypocrisy1: They tell you a government has achieved nothing in 6 years, you point at one or two achievements, the next thing you hear is they are mediocre achievements or over priced.......

Fast forward:

Hypocrisy2: You tell the same person your master has no certificate and therefore unqualified for presidential job and he questions your authority to ask his principal for accountability, When you now discover that his boss went to forge one in order to get the monkey off his back, you will hear him say even if na tissue paper or PVC or plain sheet of paper or newspaper or recharge card or nothing, i still stand for the fraudster!!!

I thought it was only boko haram that could be brain washed until I met this crop of e-ACHIEVEMENTS HARAM!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Obatala7: 6:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
Makes me wonder if those clamouring for a change in government are truly lovers of Nigeria or haters of Nigeria.

If we are getting such passmarks from international bodies which I believe in this case is the best ever for any Nigerian government then what do you want to change? A reversal of policies that has taken us to this level?

THE TRUE NIGERIANS AND LOVERS OF THIS GREAT COUNTRY MUST PUT THEIR FOOTS DOWN......NO NO NO TO SO CALLED CHANGE!
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Missy89(f): 6:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
SirShymex:

Where is the NJ there, big head? tongue

I was talking about the recent shooting by NJ police. You haven't heard?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Missy89:

I was talking about the recent shooting by NJ police. You haven't heard?

My bad, I was going to say "thread" not "there" - missed it cos I'm multi-tasking.

Anyway, I saw it - another case of trigger-happy feds, the biggest gang on the planet, using excessive force. Fvck the police! grin

However, you can't really defend the guy cos he had a history of shooting troopers. Spent years in jail, and there was a gun in the car regardless of him raising his hands up. It's a case of a trigger-happy black cop killing a black guy.

Argument sake: black lives still matter...they need to stop killing black men. The driver of the car is white, how come he didn't get hit with a bullet? grin
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
We are just claiming that our economy has been boosted under d current govt but we re not feeling d effect. Has it reduced d price of petrol? Rather d hardship continues....
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by FEAO1985(m): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
utter effing bollocks!! im ashamed of the state that Nigeria is in ... As a non resident i left naija as a 7 year old and returned when i was 27 and i was demoralised when i set foot in naija. Every country in the world is progressing except this one.
God left Nigeria a long time ago.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by rhames(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Is this another breaking news joke from CNN?

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Kekule50(m): 7:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
I pray oooo
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Alezy(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
hazyfm1:
hahahahaha
laughing in chinese
IMAGINE! EVEN ISIS 2[size=4pt]ND[/size] HEAD OFFICE (IRAQ) IS 4TH ON THIS LIST

[size=18pt]Nigeria! Always growing on paper but in reality? The nation is a joke! A failing state.[/size]
the more reasön why we dönt want GMB so the failing state dnt fail finally.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
dougivilla:
But if the news was something like 'Nigeria, projected to be amongst the top 5 poorest nations in the world in 2015" you would have come here to celebrate it! I don't get it, is it that some of us do not like hearing anything good about our nation Nigeria or we are just plain saddists,... always angered by cherring news?

No I won't. I love Nigeria too much for that. All I want is a responsible government. Not government by propaganda or government by NTA News. I need to see a manifesto. A clear plan.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
tenacous:
jonathan is workin

Sure, what's his plan for the next four years he is contesting?
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Alezy(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
vatoslocos:
Have we not been experiencing fast economic growth in the last 10 years? Has it translated into any meaningful development on ground? China and Qatar both have responsible leadership.
Oga there is a diff btw growing and growing fast.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by castrogee(m): 8:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.

My brother honestly, May God bless you! May he bless you beyond your peers in Jesus Name! Amen. You are a blessing to your generation!

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by uokocha70(m): 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
milychocs:

The coverage is just 5 percent Sir
I would know!
A few federal civil servants and their dependents being covered by social insurance does not a NHIS make

Our road to Universal Health Coverage is looong and a joke really with the kind of NHIS scheme that we have. 5 percent!!

Lawd.

I see your passion. Let's all join hands to push for a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by themano: 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
We need to start thinking seriously about our population. Why would someone who is doing nothing, marry 4 wives and produce 20 children that he cant train and who end up doing nothing but becoming menace to the society. And the man will be blaming the government for his predicament. I am refering to the SAI BUHARI people up north.
We need a productive controllable population, or else all government efforts will be thinned out. China had to enforce population control to have some sane economic growth that is qualitative.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by FEAO1985(m): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Population isn't an excuse. In terms of development or economic progress nigeria is nothing compared to india and let me remind you that india is a nation of 1.3 billion. where is a petty 180 million compared to that ?

Im not even going to mention China . Only God can save Nigeria
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by FEAO1985(m): 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
The biggest mistake that we did was fighting for independence . Where has that brought us ? I only pity my fellow Nigerians.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by FEAO1985(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is not factual. In the first place Qatar is the wealthiest country in the world and should not even be on this list cause they are an advanced economy. Bangladesh and Nigeria have about the same population, well they are both effed up anyways...

CNN is a joke.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Adegbodolu1: 10:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
CNN playing Nigerians (mugu)

The dollar rose to 209 naira today.

GBAM.

Igbo importers una go hear am.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Flets:
The tripod policy of GEJ holds a very great future for Nigeria.

Its a no-brainer that the agricultural, automobile and oil&gas downstream policies under GEJ spells abundance for Nigeria. 

Key examples for a layman

1. If all we did was feed ourselves without import in a year, the agricultural market in Nigeria is worth approx 20 trillion naira per annum assuming 300 naira per day for 170 million Nigerians for 365 days

2. The oil and gas downstream can employ the same number of people currently employed by the upstream. We can have refineries littered all over communties by the private sector in just two years at the removal of subsidy in Jun 2015. This industry will double Nigerians middle class which is the bane of the economy

3. With 5 car assembly plants nearing completion and another 5 to be completed this year. With the Target by FG to have the companies start car parts manufacture in 2017, Nigeria will be the soul of manufacture in Africa shortly and no engineer in Nigeria will be unemployed

4. Imagine if we save the foreign exchange used in importing food products, cars and refined crude oil products.... this will greatly improve our foreign exchange. A dollar could easily equal 70 naira or less by the time we are self sufficient in these three main sectors.

This is the future of Nigeria staring us right in the face and yet some people are screaming change. Change from what to what?

We cant afford to lose these gains. NO, NEVER!!, Unless God has given up on Nigeria. GEJ is a man of the future, shallow minds dont understand his policies.
. If these words were the only words you could say to woo a ladylove, i would advice her to say yes. God bless u plenty. Please broadcast it far and wide.

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Paulchris(m): 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
shammah1:

APC at it! tongue
i will never support APC

1 Like

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Revolva(m): 12:57am On Jan 24, 2015
Nigeria Bangladesh ....................if i hear....CNN r u people going nuts grin grin grin angry angry
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by Rainmaker69(m): 3:07am On Jan 24, 2015
Isn't this the same CNN that the FG discredited a few days ago? What's with the selective amnesia? It reeks of dishonesty.
Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by sunny12345679: 9:39am On Jan 24, 2015
major466:
The kind of News APC members hate to hear.
Nigeria is growing Economically whether APC likes it or not.
While GEJ is busy Transforming Nigeria with Real Certificate, others are trying to destroy it with Fake Certificates. cool

GEJ Till pa Buhari Report Himself to the Police Station for Pejury.

Re: CNN Lists Nigeria as 3rd Expected Fastest Growing Economy In 2015 by tolu4you: 10:17am On Jan 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Expected.

It isn't much of good news....we still import...and oil prices are still falling.

i dey laugh whn seeing comment like this one....... america pple still dey import oga , a tree cnt make a forest. you can still import wat you cnt produce locally. for your oil price, seh na Jonathan go stabilize world oil price? say weldone whn u see other people achievement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Philip Shekwo: Kidnapped Nasarawa APC Chairman Found Dead / "I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / Meet Jimi Agbaje Running Mate, Mrs Oluwayemisi Haleemat Busari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.