Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) (41055 Views)

Mercy Aigbe’s Hubby Claims Domestic Abuse Photos Are From Her Film ‘victim’ / Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nollywood Stars And Nigerian Singers Campaign Against Domestic Abuse(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
Many victims of sexual molest and abuse often times shy away from going public with the experience because of the social stigma some attach to rape victims.
But these Nigerian celebrities have been able to share their sexual abuse experiences at different times.

BENSON OKONKWO - 'I Was Sexually Abused At Age 10 By A 35 Year Old Aunty

Nollywood actor Benson Okonkwo recently made a shocking revelation to Julia Blaise Blog (JBB) about his growing up days. According to him, he had a very ugly experience that has refused to leave him till date. According to him, at age 10 he was molested by a 35-year-old lady who was their neighbor.

“People feel that things are always rosy for actors, and they feel that it is all about glamour but the truth is that we have all had our ugly experiences. I have gone through a lot in life and that is what made me the Benson Okonkowo that many love and respect today in the industry.

“I was sexually abused at the tender age of 10 by my 35 years neighbor called Aunty Amaka. A lady who I loved and respected so much. She took advantage of me on that fateful afternoon after luring me with sweets and biscuits. She stole my innocence and ever since I have been haunted by that hurtful memory, that is why I put passion into my acting job because its takes away my pain.

http://www.juliablaise.com/2013/10/shocker-actor-benson-okonkwo-was.html?m=1

LOLA OMOTAYO - OKOYE - "I Was Abused By A Priest In High School"

While addressing a group of young women at Kinabuti's Dare2Dream Master Class event which happened in Lagos recently, Peter Okoye's wife and mother of 2, Lola Omotayo revealed that she suffered sexual abuse by a priest when she was in secondary school.

"I couldn’t tell anyone because everyone would blame me, so I carried on the guilt and bitterness with me for years. I was filled with hate and I became an angry person, I was rebellious, I didn’t want to listen to anybody…and because I wanted to be expelled from school to avoid seeing this person, I would do so many terrible things, everything around me was just so negative, I felt I wasn’t good enough."

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/12/i-suffered-sexual-abuse-in-high-school.html?m=1

NIYOLA - "When I Was A Kid, I Was Molested"

EME’s first lady, Niyola has revealed that she was molested when she was a little girl as she advocated for women rights in the country.

Niyola was speaking with Pearl on SoundcityCityDivas show.
She said:
I have been molested quite a number of times. Thankfully, I haven’t been defiled. I have been molested by both people I never imagined would molest me…and obviously strangers as well.

And it wasn’t once, it wasn’t twice. It wasn’t three times. But what helped me was that I started to try to figure out at that time why anybody would want to do that to me or to any female. I realised it was cowardice

Alot of things could be done to prevent the situations and protect yourself. I remember for a very long time, I would never visit guys. And when I started to live alone when I was in school, you would never come to my room for any reason.

For a very long time I was paranoid. But I realised that if you share your experience with people, your fellow women, you’ll find that it’s not that big a deal that you can’t come out & talk about it because it’s not your fault that someone tried to molest you. Such people should actually be punished and brought to book.”

http://www.informationng.com/2015/01/niyola-when-i-was-a-kid-i-was-molested.html

FOLUKE DARAMOLA - "I Was Deflowered By A Rapist"

Yoruba actress, Foluke Daramola-Salako, has made a shocking revelation on how she lost her virginity to rapists.

Foluke, who is currently championing the course of her Non-Government Organisation, Action Against Rape In Africa, explained that her experiences as female child played a vital role in the establishment of the NGO.

My first introduction to sex was rape. It was with one of our tenants. I got so close to him and saw him as an elder brother. He looked at me as someone that had been exposed because I was busty and he thought I had had a sexual experience before. So he had his way with me. Then it was not something you tell the whole world. People said we should keep quiet about it. Then they tried to make trouble with him but subsequently people said we should keep quiet about it. We had to try and manage it in our own way even though it affected me for a long time psychologically. I had to gradually get over it. I believed so much in the principle of keeping your virginity till you are married. I started showbiz from Teen TV on DBN with Chichi Okaro. Then I used to be so vocal and when we spoke about pre-marital sex and virginity, I was always so passionate about it. It was such a disadvantage and a pity for me.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/life-beat/first-time-i-had-sex-i-was-raped-foluke-daramola/

Ice PRINCE - "My Aunt Molested Me At 13"

In a past interview with Sunday Express, Ice Prince revealed how his aunty molested him by force when he was just 13:.

“[i]I started singing in the choir when I was about 15,” he begins. “And at 13 I had my first sexual encounter. I would not say it was a good thing at all. It’s something I regret whatever it was. It wasn’t a sweet experience at all. I had this aunty, though we were not related, she was just a neighbor who was living close to us, who came into my room and slept with me.
“It wasn’t a good experience at all. I was scared, very scared. I saw hell. It was a terrible experience. I am not excited talking about it at all. Sex is not that good. I think sex is over-rated. I don’t know.
“She just came into my room and just forced me to do it with her… Oh, let’s not talk about it. I was so young and innocent. But she made me lose my innocence. The woman is still alive. I don’t think I have even seen her since then.”

[/i]http://www..com/talk/topic,87071.0.html

compiled By : lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by lalasticlala(m): 12:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ice Prince

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by AutosBay(m): 12:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
I guess molestation is now another free marketing word in the Dictionary, no one sold oranges on the street again, now na molestation dey reign. Produce your molestation certificate or I don't believe it.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by tobiboss(m): 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hmm, i dont believe iceprince's story

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by SeverusSnape(m): 12:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
Damn!...very horrible experience that is.
I thought I would see Tonto Dike on the list. lipsrsealed
Cause She's always on "celebrity lists"
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by englishmart(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
we've had a similar thread before

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by baybeeboi: 12:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
who are they?
We don't know them here in New York

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by queebeediva(f): 12:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
Is ice prince a christian guy? Anyway sorry ya all for your experiences I thank God for my papa I dare not misbehave or allow misbehave dare me I wan die?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
molestation/sexual abuse could be very traumatising and dehumanising.

That Benson Okonkwo though.
Is that why he acts "weird"?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by theorbiters: 1:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Kylekent59: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
Fp since its lalastica
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by priscaoge(f): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Funke Akindele and Ada Ameh as well @lalasticlala. Have read articles Where they discussed about d pains and trauma they passed through.....

Lol.... Benson Okonkwo is one kind character cheesy cheesy cheesy

ICE PRINCE? shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by priscaoge(f): 2:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
molestation/sexual abuse could be very traumatising and dehumanising.

That Benson Okonkwo though.
Is that why he acts "weird"?

I swear that guy is a character cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Bosville(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Update ur post@O.p
Bosville was seXually harrased at d age of 5 by **Yvonne sikirat**
LMAO
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
Afflictions shall not rise again d 2nd tym,so saith d lord..its well
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
priscaoge:

I swear that guy is a character cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy....

Character is an understatement.
That guy's brain is definitely under some kinda construction/upgrade.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
I don't give a cent about Benson Okonkwo story...and niyola was Molested More than Three times and was not defiled...What is d diff BTW molest and defiled.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by kendrick9(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
this niyola is a confused being. U were molested many times but not defiled? what does that even mean
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by akinsadeez(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sexual molestation isn't good but its now becoming so commonplace in celebrity news that you wonder whether our celebrities are not just making it up. It seems every single one of them was molested. na wa oh. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by akinsadeez(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
kendrick9:
this niyola is a confused being. U were molested many times but not defiled? what does that even mean

if you have a young girl, and you keep touching her private part or breasts without penetrating her...or for example the story of d man that kept forcing a young girl of about ten years to give him mouth action without d parents of d girl knowing. All these also constitute sexual molestation but in these cases, the girls were not dis-virgined. This is what she means by defiled. She was molested but was not defiled. hope you get it.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by AJOT99(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
This is thick!

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Mayor21(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
I dn buy my land here!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by prettyjo(f): 4:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
*spreads long mat*
for those that would love to join me
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Ab025(m): 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
u guys believe those their lies about molestattion......?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Mayor88(m): 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
I was molested by my aunt @ age of 7
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by PerfumeRepublik: 4:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nigerians calling a any elderly lady "Aunty" Since 1900

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
But wait first, how do guys say they suffer emotional trauma and blablabla due to molestation?

It happened to me too, as a fresh kid from lag during the holidays, everyone would want to hold and carry, and even Peck me.

Mine was even my cousin, but I don't suffer any trauma, I don't even remember it all the time I see her, heck I didn't even remember until a sudden flashback a few years ago. When I do remember, I just wave it off!

So, for any guy to whine and cringe, and say he feels damaged or emotionally what not whenever he remembers his ordeal is unmanly. Maybe the ladies, but not the guys. A guy should wave it off, and move on.

No time, ko kan aiye.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by pickabeau1: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
This Niyola is not bad.. embarassed
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by taiwoflb: 5:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
All celebrity must form one thing or the other happen to get peoples sympathy

I killed my husband by accident, says wife
Source: http://www.e reporter.com.ng/index.php/crime/item/2568-i-killed-my-husband-by-accident-says-wife
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by Tenim47(m): 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
mtcheew tinkin of feb 14 val.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by lalasticla: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Eya
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Were Victims Of Sexual Abuse (Photos) by KenSaroWiwa: 5:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
ŦĦЄY ÂĿĿ ЄИJØYЄÐ ĪŦ ÐĪÐИŦ ŦĦЄY ?
But as someone said above, those days we were always eager and happy to see one of those aunties in our compound molest us grin. It was a pleasant experience you know. Who no like sweet thing ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Law And Wife Ebere Loses Baby To Death!!! / Anita Joseph: I Will Not Masturbate, But My Fans Can Masturbate (Video) / Biodun Okeowo Photo With Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.