Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala (754 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. / Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by Moz22: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2015
Liverpool FC Ladies have completed the signing of Nigerian football sensation Asisat Oshaola. The 20 year old striker will join the Liverpool based club on a 5 year deal

The Women’s Super League Champions secured the signature of the highly rated 20 year-old Nigerian international from Nigerian Women’s Championship title winners, Rivers Angels.

Asisat is an explosive forward who was voted as the most valuable player at the U20 World Cup in Canada in 2014 finishing as the top goalscorer as the Falconets finished runners up to Germany.

Asisat also helped Rivers Angels to their first league title victory since 2010 as they beat Pelican Stars to the title as well as helping Rivers Angels to retain the Nigerian Women’s Cup.

Matt Beard’s side are currently preparing for the upcoming WSL and Champions League campaigns having retained the title on the final day in 2014.Speaking of her move to Liverpool, Asisat said: “Since I began my football career I have always dreamt of being a professional footballer so to be able to join the reigning Women’s Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

“Liverpool Ladies are a massive Club who have some fantastic players who I believe can help to develop my game to the next level. It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Uefa Women’s Champions League which is a huge competition and one I’m confident we can do well in.”

Liverpool Ladies manager, Matt Beard said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to have signed Asisat as she is one of the World’s top young footballers. Asisat proved in the U20 World Cup what a top class talent she is and this signing is a big coup for us.

“The Women’s Super League continues to improve year after year so it is vital that we strengthen our squad following last season’s successful title defence. This signing is definitely one that the supporters can be extremely excited about.”

Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by heatmeup(f): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
nice one
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Now looking fresh even though she haven't stayed long there.. naija weather na bastard

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by RichDad1(m): 1:55pm On Jan 23, 2015
Go girl. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
World Women Footballer in the making.
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by bunmioguns(m): 1:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulations to her
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by talk2riel: 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
Trail blazer.
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by Moz22: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
ladies..see una mate!
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by feedthenation(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Well done to her
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by living2013(m): 6:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
I always admire this girl.

Talent + Hardwork pays

Ride on babe
Re: Liverpool Ladies FC Sign Nigerian Football Star Asisat Oshoala by dridowu: 6:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrat Azizat

(1) (Reply)

Fabregas: I Killed Diego Costa For Wasting My Pass! / Balotelli Explains Non-celebration Against Liverpool / Messi's Goal Against Bayern: The Uncanny Resemblance With Maradona's 86 Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.