Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? (34537 Views)

The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV / Who is your Favorite Nigerian Movie Star? (actor or actress) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2007
lafile:

Who remembers Kessingsheen Hit Show?

I remember

'i love kessingsheen' grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by sophienwa(f): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2007
can u guys remember this northern programme called maganajariche (i know i spelt it wrong but those who knew it then will get the drift) and also sura the tailor(sura, sura, sura the tailor is ur man)

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by soulpatrol(f): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2007
i remember a program called Magana Jarice. was it the one that has a book of a parrot on the cover? chei, living in the north was sweet, wasn't it? u remember this other popular one "Samanja" the police/soldier with the funny mustache and remember that popular hausa singer, "Dan Maraya from Jos or something. he used to play this small instrument. good music.

remember during sallah when people are calling TV stations to make requests to their family and friends?

they'll be like "ina geishe muhammad sadiq danladi, ina geishe safiya musa dangote" etc meaning i'm sending a shout out/i'm greeting so and so.  grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by okoashewo: 3:41pm On Oct 11, 2007
Yes oh!
I salute una, ur all craking me up!
I remember voltron well well. The old one with princess alura!
And my favorite commercial bagco super sack!

I was surprised pleasantly to see Ene Oloja of "behind the clouds" in that new movie with jodie foster "the brave one"
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 12, 2007
oko ashewo:

Yes oh!
I salute una, your all craking me up!
I remember voltron well well. The old one with princess alura!
And my favorite commercial bagco super sack!

I was surprised pleasantly to see Ene Oloja of "behind the clouds" in that new movie with jodie foster "the brave one"

for real
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Winnergal(f): 6:16am On Jan 07, 2008
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by babatunde0: 6:48am On Jan 22, 2008
Hey guys, you have all made my day.All these programmes were the bomb.Checkmate for me was and still is the best soap.Does anybody remember this Jide Odumosu movie,"Fiery Force" ? I beleive it was aired on LTV 8 or so way back. It was one of those naija productions that stuck in my memory. Someone mentioned an Adult education comedy show in the 80's, and someone else said Mind your language. I beleive Nigerians had their version of mind your language.I can't rememeber the name of the programme right now, but I know for sure, Olu Jacobs was their teacher and there were other characters like Madam Kofo ( The International Lace trader) Nduka (The taxi driver) and one tailor.Anyone who has better memory abeg help a brother out. Can anyone out there let me know where I can get all the episodes of checkmate.There were other Yoruba shows like Fe yi Kogbon, Tan Mo, ko wa so.and Adi tu. For Ibo we had Ichoku and for hausa the one i loved was this (documentary like )programme with masqurades and puppets( It was on during the week @ 8pm after news week)
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by btoks: 3:05am On Mar 07, 2008
second chance is the naija version of mind your language
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by sley4life(m): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2008
My favourite movie are Checkmate, behind the cloud, Papa Ajasco, New mask querade, frank spenser, No one but you
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by vicade(m): 6:44pm On May 23, 2008
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by zarazara: 1:26am On Jun 13, 2008
I loved Checkmate too. I remember Village Headmaster and Behind the Clouds. I really loved Behind the Clouds. I still remember the song from the program. Was sad for a long time about Nosa dying so young though. He was a fine actor.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by pfeifer(f): 12:25am On Jun 14, 2008
these are the ones i can remember,
cock crow at dawn
checkmate
behind the clouds
mirror in the sun
magana garichi
lynx(i think,the one wit awa, awa,yes dauda im coming,that was the first time i saw ritual killing)
checkmate
tales by moonlight
fortunes
village headmaster
second chancesura ,sura the tailor is my friend,
koko close
aluwe,

it was fun wen we were kids,im sure u cant watch most of dese now
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by akx(m): 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2008
Its gotta be Newsline when Frank Olize was still hosting it. I grew up watching this and it was the only time I watched the news. I also loved Telematch, I even learnt to count in German (only got as far as 3 though) lol,
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by constantk: 4:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
New Masqurade - Oga-Madam; Prince Jegede Shokoya, Clarus & Gregory - ''Ginringori'' Village HeadMaster, Mind UR gRAMMAR, tHINGS Fall apart, mirror in the sun abeg e plenty oooooo,

Indian Films:

Deux Numberi; Burning Train

Anyway make we gree say today better pass yesterday sha!!! cry

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by MadMax1(f): 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2008
Omigod. Memories, memories
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by MadMax1(f): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2008
um
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by damiso(f): 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2008
Ps i love you,moonlightning with bruce willis and sybill sheperd and also matlock.as for the local content checkmate,things fall apart,new masquerade,can anyone remeber the song me and my younger sis changed the lyrics i remember,mirror in the sune etc.gosh those were the days and as for cartoons can anyone remember the adventures of teddy ruxpin,fraggle rock.God naija tv those days were the bomb.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by KarmaMod(f): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
Palace
Beyond The Dreams
Moonlighting
The "Isho Pepper" tv dramas smiley
Baba Onile Goluuuuu
the Spanish soaps
etc

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by agnesbids: 2:13am On Apr 29, 2009
i guess we arent forgetting tales by moonlight every sunday
another one is the village headmaster they are all hillarious and educative programs cool cool cool
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by janedoe(f): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ topic- Checkmate.
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by Orilee9ice(m): 5:02pm On May 01, 2009
Mirror in the sun, Telematch (Team B, was always my favorite) Soul Train! Musical Video Show, Disco 79 and 80, Beachcomber, Adio Family, Second Chance(its a matter of cash!)
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by mystikal(m): 4:29am On Jun 20, 2009
This has got 2 be the funniest thread ive come across, gosh the memories almost left me teary eyed!

Every one of the tv programmes and Ads mentioned were really something.

I must "get Smart'' too. and who remembers the lyrics and tune 2 that MKO Abiola SDP campaign Song for the 93' elections? MKO, MKO MKO action, Abiola, Abiola, Abiola, Progress, bla bla bla, or even Tofa's campaign song!
Good Times!!!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by beeswax: 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2009
wow!!!! back down memory lane

remember, sunday rendevous, kessington hit show, koko close & basi & company?

did someone mention sura d tailor?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by salvo583: 5:02pm On Dec 17, 2009
super story
papa ajasco
aftermath
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by slimes(m): 7:10pm On Dec 17, 2009
Rentaghost
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by ijeoma2619: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2009
chei i remember when willi willi used to give me nightmares, there were times when i needed to go use the toilet at night, but i would rather pee on the bed than go to the bathroom, and of course i received severe spanking afterwards, i believe willi willi has scared me for life, i shiver just remembering it now!
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by rhymz(m): 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2009
ijeoma2619:

chei i remember when willi willi used to give me nightmares, there were times when i needed to go use the  toilet at night, but i would rather pee on the bed than go to the bathroom, and of course i received severe spanking afterwards, i believe willi willi has scared me for life, i shiver just remembering it now!
men dat stuf was scary men,i fink d name of the programme was witch doctor of d living dead. . .nchelei. . i remember we used to sing wiliwili don die na who kill am, nchelie killam clap for nchelie. , checkmate too was another soap i used to like back in d days then fortunes. . .4 remember aro meta and stuff anoda horror too
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by ijeoma2619: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2009
i dont remember aro meter, but yes checkmate was one of the best programmes, tales by moonlight wa another good one
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by oddy4real(m): 2:17pm On Dec 18, 2009
PDoes anyone still remember PALACE on AIT? Also, SPEAK OUTTTTTTTTTT
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by oddy4real(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2009
who remembers BOURNVITA advert during Tunisia 1994 where Rasheedi Yekini held a tin of Bournvita and said

I AM RASHIDI YEKINI
AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAAAR
MAKE UNA DEY DRINK BOURNVITA O
Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by oddy4real(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2009
CHILDREN ITS BREAKFAST TIME
BREAKFAST TIME IS PLANTA TIME
PLANTA

1 Like

Re: Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? by rhymz(m): 4:12am On Dec 19, 2009
@ijeoma
I mean ayamatanga. . .that was some scary shyt. . Jaguar,aluwe,babasuwe,candle light,charlyboy show,remember his candid camera section oh boy I used to laf until my stomach aches then again this duo tunde and wumi obey and even Ali baba that was where he kick started his comedy career he and dis guy alamblow. . .that awkward laf always found me in an uncontrollable fit of lafta. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#BBNaija 2018: Photo Of Anto As A Corper (NYSC) / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” / Bbnaija: Trikytee Evicted From Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.