Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Reds Women Sign Nigerian Star Oshoala - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Reds Women Sign Nigerian Star Oshoala (443 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala Celebrates Kenneth Omeruo's 23rd Birthday (Photo) / Azeezat Oshoala Visits Bolanle Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reds Women Sign Nigerian Star Oshoala by Seekeroftruth: 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Liverpool Ladies have signed recently named African Women's Player of the Year,
Asisat Oshoala.
The Women’s Super League Champions secured the signature of the highly rated 20
year-old Nigerian international from Nigerian Women’s
Championship title winners, Rivers Angels.
Asisat is an explosive forward who was voted as the most valuable player at the U20 World Cup in Canada in 2014 finishing as the top goalscorer as the
Falconets finished runners up to Germany.
Asisat also helped Rivers Angels to their first league title victory since 2010 as they beat Pelican
Stars to the title as well as helping Rivers Angels to retain
the Nigerian Women’s Cup.
Matt Beard’s side are currently preparing for the upcoming WSL
and Champions League campaigns having retained the
title on the final day in 2014.
Speaking of her move to Liverpool, Asisat said: “Since I began my football career I have always dreamt of being a professional footballer so to be
able to join the reigning Women’s Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.
“Liverpool Ladies are a massive Club who have some fantastic
players who I believe can help to develop my game to the next
level. It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Uefa
Women’s Champions League which is a huge competition
and one I’m confident we can do well in.”
Liverpool Ladies manager, Matt Beard said: “I’m absolutely
thrilled to have signed Asisat as she is one of the World’s top
young footballers. Asisat proved in the U20 World Cup what a top class talent she is and this signing is a big coup for us.
“The Women’s Super League continues to improve year after
year so it is vital that we strengthen our squad following last season’s successful title defence. This signing is definitely one that the supporters can be extremely excited about.”

http://ladies.liverpoolfc.com/news/reds_sign_nigerian_star_oshoala.html

What do you think?
Re: Reds Women Sign Nigerian Star Oshoala by Clefcentfelix(m): 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congratulations Oshoala

(1) (Reply)

Coach Musa Abdullahi Is Dead! / Win Great Prizes: Strictly For Chelsea Fans Only, Up Blues! / Bale: I Can’t Imagine Myself At Man Utd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.