Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? (5658 Views)

Pros And Cons Of A Working Wife [must read for men] / For Experienced Married Men Only / Why Are You Not Married (28+ Men Only)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
I don't know of other guys, but the truth is that I personally will be more fulfilled in marriage if anytime I get home from work I meet my wife happy and ready to deal seriously with me in the bedroom D. So, if working for her will guarantee her happiness, no problem.
The annoying part is when a guy is working so hard to make his wife happy, yet she is there cheating on him and being a pain in his arsss .
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Subom1(f): 3:11pm On Jan 25, 2015
Seun:
It's also a wake up call for your wife. She needs to work hard to make her own money since her husband isn't working for her but his children. She shouldn't sacrifice or limit her career for such a man. Also, please bro learn not to say every stupid thing that passes through your mind!
Thank God there are still sensible men like you around.

I am working for myself, future kids and family and I would hope my better half will be doing the same. How can a man not include his spouse in the equation. That means that he has no regards for her whatsoever. I hope that his wife has a job and if not it better be a wake up call for her cos he is busy planning for himself and kids and not her and one day she may just find herself replaced.

2 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
pickabeau1:

Eventually watched another

Alexander and the Not Good Terrible Bad Day

Superfunny

Sounds like you like your movies. I went out to see the one I told you about, and I gotta say I'm surprised we sat through the entire thing. It was wayyy more focused on the marriage life of Stephen Hawking than his work (I guess I should've paid more attention to the previews).

I don't know when I'll get to watch my next. It's a damn near struggle to find proper time, and I apparently suck at picking them when I do.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by pickabeau1: 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Sounds like you like your movies. I went out to see the one I told you about, and I gotta say I'm surprised we sat through the entire thing. It was wayyy more focused on the marriage life of Stephen Hawking than his work (I guess I should've paid more attention to the previews).

I don't know when I'll get to watch my next. It's a damn near struggle to find proper time, and I apparently suck at picking them when I do.

Yes I do like movies and tvshows

Hawking?
That guy is a genius but his theories are too advanced for everyday life lol
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by bukatyne(f): 5:52pm On Jan 25, 2015
Tstone1:
What I think most ladies are missing here is the point that working because of one's children doesn't stop the fact that the wife is automatically included. Making it a 'personal' thing by any woman to his man is quite uncalled for!
You hear most women after giving birth to say two children saying they are staying in their husband's house cos of the children
#weird but the fact#

@Bold:

It means their marriages have issues undecided

Working for family = wife + kids
Working for unborn kids = unborn kids.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by bukatyne(f): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2015
Tstone1:

In the context of working I think 'YES'

Your wife is an housewife and you tell her you are working for your unborn kids and wonder why she is 'angry'?

Why is your wife an housewife?

IF YOU TOLD her to resign and 'take care' of the family and cannot 'work' for her, please let her WORK for herself!

IF SHE DECIDED on her own to be a house wife, she better dust her certificates and get a job or start up a business.

3 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2015
fem29:

Ahh my old adversary, sir shymex, how you dey grin

Yes oo, my dad was an Ijebu man to the core grin. my mum is a very industrious and successful business woman. Infact she left more of legacy for us than my dad did, may God bless his soul. You know how you men can lose your way with too much woman chasing.

All my aunts are all up and doing with various levels of success. So it is inbuilt in me, don't sit and wait for hubby oo. Have your own!

Lol. Fem Fel, I see you've changed ya siggy to "Love is a beautiful thing" after ya e-encounter with Dr. Phil. I hope ya hussy is behaving himself now.

That's the Ijebu spirit - all the women in my family (including the extended one) don't sit their ar.ses down, expecting men to work for them...they're innately like that. And they have always been industrious and independent, way before the white woman developed feminism lol. I think Egba women are also like that cos my nan is Egba and all the women from maternal side are also like that.

Ain't no smart guy out there trying to work for no lazy woman. It's better for her to go out there and work for herself and the kids as well.

2 Likes

Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by bukatyne(f): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2020
Chaulay1:
Different strokes for different folks. I remember the day that I was having this discussion with my hubby, we recently just got married then, somehow sha, he implied that he was working because of me. I said no, I did not agree that he was working to make himself a better person. Till date, he still makes reference to that statement cos he felt hurt. I wish I didn't say that though. To me, I felt that was the truth but no, he was hurt in the process.

People's psyche are different. Your wife might feel diminished by your statement. Apologize o.

Half a decade later and still very true.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by PuZZyNegro: 5:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Half a decade later and still very true.

Why did you bring up this topic.

Hahaha.

I wonder why people will go and dig out dead topic by commenting on it.
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by NairalandSARS: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2020
Tstone1:
Earlier today an argument ensued between my woman and myself about how workaholic I have become in recent times. She later joked about me being serious with my job cos am working cos of her. I told her NO! And to her greatest surprised I let her know am working for the sakes of my children unborn not necessarily her. She became very angry and said she was highly disappointed by my statement.

I felt this shouldn't be an issue as have only spoken my mind. Your take on this please..

How can you work for someone that does not exists? Unless your woman is pregnant, that is a stupid take. What if you never get to have children?
Re: For Men Only: Who Actually Are You Working For? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
Financial freedom so I don't have to work for the man in the future and spend time with my family. I work hard so I can be lazy in the future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Modern Septic Tank Construction - No More Sewage Evacuation / Our 4th Child Is Not Yours - Wife Confesses To Her Husband / Set-up Of Charity Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.