Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,960 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala (17254 Views)

Asisat Oshoala Wows In Bikini At The Beach (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala's Mother Poses Proudly With Her Daughter's Glo CAF Award. Photos / Liverpool Ladies Accept Arsenal Bid For Asisat Oshoala. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
me and this babe roll then in stadium road pH, I love this babe nice gal. God bless u they Skye is ur stepping Stone
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by demmy0325(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
And to think of it.. Liverpool is a place 2 dream.. Its a place wia u cn develop Ur talent...its a place wia stars r made... Nt dose mumu chelsea alwyz lukin 4 ready-made players.. Evn d ready-made players wey get talent.. Dem go spoil am... Mtcheew!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by toykathy(f): 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
I'm impressed! Congrats sweetpie, may u never run down b4 ur tym. Enjoy ur star while it shines girlie o.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by rexpeter13(m): 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
Women's Football
menu
Liverpool sign Nigerian prospect
23 January 2015 Updated 12:02
By Tony Leighton - Women's football reporter

New Liverpool signing Asisat Oshoala is "one of the best young players in the world", says Reds boss Matt Beard.
Oshoala won both the Golden Boot and Golden Ball - as Player of the Tournament - at last year's Under-20 World Cup Finals, and becomes the first player from Africa to compete in the Women's Super League.
"We beat a number of top American and European clubs to Asisat's signature," said Beard as he welcomed the 20-year-old striker. "Asisat is one of the best young players in the world."
In addition to her star performances in the U20 World Cup, Oshoala also collected the Golden Ball award as the senior Nigeria team qualified for the 2015 World Cup by winning the African Women's Championship.

Asisat Oshoala, centre, collects the Golden Ball trophy at the U20 Women's World Cup
And she was named 2014's African Women's Player of the Year and Youth Player of the Year after helping her club side Rivers Angels become Nigerian champions.
Beard added: "She's not the finished article yet but she's got pace, power and she certainly knows where the goal is.
"I watched her at the Under-20 World Cup, where she was sensational, and we had early dialogue with her about coming to Liverpool.
"There's been plenty of other interest in her in the last few months, but she chose to join us and I'm absolutely delighted."
Oshoala, nicknamed 'Seedorf' after Dutch legend Clarence, said: "To be able to join the reigning Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

Liverpool win dramatic WSL title
"Liverpool Ladies are a massive club with some fantastic players who I believe can help me to develop my game to the next level.
"It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Women's Champions League, which is a huge competition that I'm confident we can do well in."
Oshoala is Beard's fourth signing of the window after he also added Satara Murray, Ingrid Ryland and Line Krogedal Smorsgard to his squad.
Key players Lucy Bronze and Amanda da Costa have departed, to Manchester City and Washington Spirit respectively.
But the manager reckoned: "With the addition of these four new players I believe this is the best squad I've ever put together.
"We've won the league for the last two years and we'll aim to do it again, although next season is going to be the most competitive ever.
"Clubs like Manchester City and Notts County have recruited really well and I can see four or five teams battling it out for the title.
"We can be one of them, especially if we can avoid the dreadful injury problems we had early on last season."

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by rexpeter13(m): 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Women's Football

Liverpool sign Nigerian prospect
23 January 2015 Updated 12:02
By Tony Leighton - Women's football reporter

New Liverpool signing Asisat Oshoala is "one of the best young players in the world", says Reds boss Matt Beard.
Oshoala won both the Golden Boot and Golden Ball - as Player of the Tournament - at last year's Under-20 World Cup Finals, and becomes the first player from Africa to compete in the Women's Super League.
"We beat a number of top American and European clubs to Asisat's signature," said Beard as he welcomed the 20-year-old striker. "Asisat is one of the best young players in the world."
In addition to her star performances in the U20 World Cup, Oshoala also collected the Golden Ball award as the senior Nigeria team qualified for the 2015 World Cup by winning the African Women's Championship.

Asisat Oshoala, centre, collects the Golden Ball trophy at the U20 Women's World Cup
And she was named 2014's African Women's Player of the Year and Youth Player of the Year after helping her club side Rivers Angels become Nigerian champions.
Beard added: "She's not the finished article yet but she's got pace, power and she certainly knows where the goal is.
"I watched her at the Under-20 World Cup, where she was sensational, and we had early dialogue with her about coming to Liverpool.
"There's been plenty of other interest in her in the last few months, but she chose to join us and I'm absolutely delighted."
Oshoala, nicknamed 'Seedorf' after Dutch legend Clarence, said: "To be able to join the reigning Super League champions is absolutely fantastic.

Liverpool win dramatic WSL title
"Liverpool Ladies are a massive club with some fantastic players who I believe can help me to develop my game to the next level.
"It was also a big incentive to be able to play in the Women's Champions League, which is a huge competition that I'm confident we can do well in."
Oshoala is Beard's fourth signing of the window after he also added Satara Murray, Ingrid Ryland and Line Krogedal Smorsgard to his squad.
Key players Lucy Bronze and Amanda da Costa have departed, to Manchester City and Washington Spirit respectively.
But the manager reckoned: "With the addition of these four new players I believe this is the best squad I've ever put together.
"We've won the league for the last two years and we'll aim to do it again, although next season is going to be the most competitive ever.
"Clubs like Manchester City and Notts County have recruited really well and I can see four or five teams battling it out for the title.
"We can be one of them, especially if we can avoid the dreadful injury problems we had early on last season."
culled from BBC
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by johndanny(m): 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
I knew it that one day you will be a star... Congrats Girl, God gat your back
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by bewla(m): 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
u will never wake alone for live
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to her! She'd be earning 100,000s of Naira every month.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by demmy0325(m): 9:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
CFCfan:
Congrats to her! She'd be earning 100,000s of Naira every month.
.. Dahs smal..
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by living2013(m): 9:49pm On Jan 23, 2015
congrat babe girl
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Dahs smal..
You know women's football isn't as lucrative as the men's. It won't be a surprise if she earns less than 10,000 pounds per month.
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by slap1(m): 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Beautiful girl. Better than Balotelli.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
#lfc #ynwa #wenwa #redordead #jft96
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
meanwhile.......
Institut Universitaire Bilingue Rehoboth ,
accreditation No.049/MESRS/CAB/DC/SGM/DPP/
DGES/DEPES/SA
The university is located opposite Ministere de la
Culture, Musee Adande, Porto Novo. It is the first
accredited bilingual university in the whole of
Benin Republic. We are now accepting Nigerian
students for 2014-2015 admission into the
following undergraduate and post-graduate
programmes:
UNDERGRADUATES
- Computer Science
- Nursing Science
- Public and Environmental Health
- Community Health and Local Development
- Mass Communication
- Linguistics with language options
- Economics
- Marketing and International Commerce
- Accounting and Finance
- Banking and Insurance
- Business Administration
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Education
- Human Resource Management
POSTGRADUATE
- Master Human Resource Management
- Master International Relations and Diplomacy
- Master Public Admimnistration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Integrated Development Studies
For more info simply logon to:
www.univeritebilinguerehoboth.org
or call +22968199221
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Pecca: 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
what's her racket? football? she looks familiar!!!
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
Meanwhile, some ladies go dey here they BEG their boyfriend recharge cards ,BBM,manicure, pedicure, Brazilian wig,iPhones...etc
Some are out there making Nigeria and their boyfriends proud..

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Bowaley17(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Congrats Babe...All d best...U can do it...
IamBOWALEY
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by kendrick9(m): 10:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
she has joined the best team. welcome to d reds. YNWA
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by openmine(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Tukorbig:
She no see Arsenal Join na Liverpool.Hope she makes Nigeria proud. UP GUNNERS!!!!
sorry bro liverpool ladies are d current champions and the best female clubside in deir league...arsenal ladies r also gud too but d liverpool ladies are the best in uk female league! cool
YNWA

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by bizlifelines(m): 11:06pm On Jan 23, 2015
I see her becoming world's best female football with her diligence and outstanding skill.So so happy for this great news.
Please stay off all distractions and keep your eyes on the ball!
God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by Bamz(m): 11:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
FriedPlantain:
This girl will be such a massive hit that Brendan Rodgers will be seriously tempted to swap her with Ballotelli grin

friedplantain

Friedplantain undecided seriously? Where did you even dig this moniker from?

Why not friedegg? Or friedfish? smiley
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by saintalive(m): 11:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good her, I thank BABA GOD for her
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by engrjacuzzi: 12:16am On Jan 24, 2015
why didn't she join Chelsea ladies... undecidedwhy didn't she join Chelsea ladies...at least her Nigerian brother would have helped build a better football career
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by M4gunners: 12:59am On Jan 24, 2015
Congratulations to you Oshola
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:06am On Jan 24, 2015
hahn:
Congratulobia!

This is an IDEAL role model for Nigerian ladies. Work hard and be persistent and you'll achieve your dream.

Stop imitating who.res like Kim Kardashian, Amber Rose
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by obongtunji: 2:01am On Jan 24, 2015
FriedPlantain:
This girl will be such a massive hit that Brendan Rodgers will be seriously tempted to swap her with Ballotelli grin

friedplantain

I can't stop laughing, you are so funny
Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by adisarasaq(m): 2:25am On Jan 24, 2015
Other girls lineup just to get autograph from wizkid and davido while the world queue up to get yours

Congratulation

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by femi4: 3:36am On Jan 24, 2015
demmy0325:
And to think of it.. Liverpool is a place 2 dream.. Its a place wia u cn develop Ur talent...its a place wia stars r made... Nt dose mumu chelsea alwyz lukin 4 ready-made players.. Evn d ready-made players wey get talent.. Dem go spoil am... Mtcheew!
No wonder, una never win EPL cos liverpool na the place 2 dream. I can see how Balotelli don improve since joining you guys

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by AJOT99(m): 4:48am On Jan 24, 2015
Nice one

Re: Liverpool Ladies Signs Asisat Oshoala by dabossman(m): 6:03am On Jan 24, 2015
I'm happy for the young lady, although I'm not sure if the English League is the best for her. The English ladies haven't proven themselves to be a big team in female football, unlike the Americans, Swedes and Norwegians.

Well, I wish our girl all the best and pray she becomes a bigger star.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Enter Race To Sign Osimhen From Napoli / AS Roma Signs Umar And Nura, 2 Nigerian Players / Lyon Beat Arsenal 2-1 To Win 2019 Emirates Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.