Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Which Formation Should Louis Van Gaal Use At Manchester United? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Formation Should Louis Van Gaal Use At Manchester United? (468 Views)

What Next For Kelechi Iheanacho At Manchester City? / 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? / Predicted Formation For Nigeria To Beat Egypt In Alexandria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Formation Should Louis Van Gaal Use At Manchester United? by speshsworld(m): 4:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Dutchman’s long career has been notable for the evolution of his strategy from the fluid 4-3-3 he favoured with Ajax to the current, maligned 3-5-2

3-5-2

Pros A formation which enables greater control of midfield and possession of the ball. In turn, this should also offer more defensive security, with wing-backs dropping back to create a five-man rearguard. 3-5-2 can also offer greater width, with wing-backs urged to hug the touchline.

[b]Cons [/b]A system which is largely alien to the majority of the United players and one which forces Louis Van Gaal to rely on three centre-halves, where his squad is light on top quality. Also a system which stifles attacking flair.

read more here: http://speshsworld.com/which-formation-should-louis-van-gaal-use/
Re: Which Formation Should Louis Van Gaal Use At Manchester United? by seankafor(m): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
I think he should try 1 8 1 formation.lol
Re: Which Formation Should Louis Van Gaal Use At Manchester United? by DaGC(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
I'm an advocate of a 4-4-2, 4-5-1(my video game formation) and 4-3-3.
If he can get United close to the title chasers with 3-5-2, I'll have no problem with it.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballer Jailed For Cocaine Peddling / Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea Match Abandoned! / Brand New Galaxy Note 4 @ A Give Away Price Only 1 Piece Left!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.