Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... (2921 Views)

Flask / Python Help Needed / Python (Flask) Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hello programmers, please i want to know whether anyone in the house has ever used any of these python micro web frameworks: cherrypy, flask, bottle or web2py? I really want to go deep into python web development......django looks too complex for me. I've tried cherrypy and flask and love their simplicity, so i want to start with the micros. However, thoughts keep on racing through my mind about these micro frameworks; are there organizations using them?? can i really improve my cv learning them?? Are there future job prospects with these micro frameworks? Please i need experience advice. Dont ignore.
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 23, 2015
Am new to python too.. Django scares me like rabies too(am a lazy programmer)... Flask looks too promising and am planning to use it as a starting point..
Ideas from Python Geeks will be appreciated...
@OP These links are great :
www.realpython.com/blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpFUmV1d0w
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2015
Djangocode:
Am new to python too.. Django scares me like rabies too(am a lazy programmer)... Flask looks too promising and am planning to use it as a starting point..
Ideas from Python Geeks will be appreciated...
@OP These links are great :
www.realpython.com/blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfpFUmV1d0w
thanks for the links......what development tools do you plan to use for flask
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 11:01am On Jan 24, 2015
basbone:
thanks for the links......what development tools do you plan to use for flask
Well, Virtual env , Sublime text n cmd.. lol..
Am still reading up tho..
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 24, 2015
Djangocode:

Well, Virtual env , Sublime text n cmd.. lol..
Am still reading up tho..
nice one......ive been using pyscripter from code.google.com, and python tools for visual studio 2010 from pytools.codeplex.com, for my python projects including turbogear, cherrypy and flask.
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jan 24, 2015
basbone:
nice one......ive been using pyscripter from code.google.com, and python tools for visual studio 2010 from pytools.codeplex.com, for my python projects including turbogear, cherrypy and flask.
Choi.. U must be a Geek.. Nice one...
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
Djangocode:

Choi.. U must be a Geek.. Nice one...
i appreciate the compliment.......though i'm still a learner of some sort.....still to learn concepts like metaprogramming, pygames and panda3d prog., neural networks programming and AI, and image processing using opencv. So i'm still far from being a geek lol.

1 Like

Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 25, 2015
basbone:
i appreciate the compliment.......though i'm still a learner of some sort.....still to learn concepts like metaprogramming, pygames and panda3d prog., neural networks programming and AI, and image processing using opencv. So i'm still far from being a geek lol.
U on Point brov.. Update me on yo progress with flask.. Any contact info like Email, Bbm, WhatsApp??
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
Djangocode:

U on Point brov.. Update me on yo progress with flask.. Any contact info like Email, Bbm, WhatsApp??
im sorry to reply late. My email add is obasi4real2k@gmail.com and im not in whatsapp..... Actually, i use visual studio 2010 and PTVS for my flask app developments and cherrypy server as my development server cos its faster than the built-in server that comes with flask. I like flask cos it looks more like ASP.NET MVC web framework, but simpler in development. What about you, what have been ur journey so far with flask??
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by bb6xt(m): 4:57pm On Feb 03, 2015
basbone:
..can i really improve my cv learning them?? Are there future job prospects with these micro frameworks? Please i need experience advice. Dont ignore.

If you are concerned about improving your CV then you'll be better off sticking to .NET (C# mainly), Java or PHP. My goto language is Python but in my day job most of my time is spent in PHP land (with Yii2 framework). You can keep learning Python and add either C# or Java to that to open you up to more opportunities. No knowledge is wasted.

If you think learning 2 languages is tough I would advice you bite the gun because you will be using multiple languages anyway.

As regards Django framework I think it is an excellent framework. However, django is all too all encompassing which may overwhelm a beginner. I started out with django framework when I delved into web programming in Python. Back then I used to like full-featured frameworks but now my preference has tilted towards lean frameworks.
Re: Cherrypy, Flask And Other Python Micros..... by Ajibel(m): 6:31am On Feb 04, 2015
Op (and others who share same view), please can you elaborate on why/how you found Django difficult/complex?
I dont understand why many "mostly" Nigerians run from Django which is unarguably the best.
No framework is easy to learn in the first place. If you find Django difficult, it's simply because you arent so good in Python and need to learn more.
Django is Python!

(1) (Reply)

Have An App Idea? Let's Build Your Next App / OOP Design Question: Model-View-Controller Pattern / Import Dll Into Java Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.