Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Death And Living Forever - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death And Living Forever (7244 Views)

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / God, Death And Our Belief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
I know 'cause it's clearly stated in the book, & only that of the human was mentioned(& I chose to believe it). I'm not disputing the possibility of "animals" having a soul, I'm saying if you're so sure they do...prove it! Or maybe I should ask what an animal is?

*I told you you can't find a "physical" explanation to something that involves the spirit. If you don't know the purpose of a soul, that is your problem not mine. Over the years scientists have been trying to trap and examing the human soul, maybe when they finally succeed, you may have the chance to touch "it" or perhaps ask "it" what its purpose is.

Oh! Pls shut up with this "you can't find physical explanation to the spiritual"
What is physical?
What is spiritual?
Is Nature Spiritual or Physical?

The bold is completely dumb
You say you know...how? U read of it but haven't proved it to be true
Then again you admit it to be a belief
Do u not know what "belief" means
What's up with Christians and deficiency in understanding terminologies

Ok I dont know, but you know thanks to the bible, God's own words
So what is the human soul? I keep asking u, explain what it is and it's purpose...you know it exists right? Giving us a few details of it's existence cannot be difficult...after all you know it!

2 Likes

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 8:36am On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
What is your definition of Animal?

In this context, a non-human member of the kingdom Animalia...
Re: Death And Living Forever by malvisguy212: 9:08am On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Yes, they make moral choices...I've seen my Dog(RIP) run outside to the bush to urinate knowing it's immoral to urinate in the house
She taught her young puppies same too
And if they dared try otherwise I didn't need to be the one to dish a punishment grin
What are mothers for?

bottomline is they have a spirit, whether different from humans or not is not the point, even gorillas don't have a rat's spirits

That verse u quoted doesn't disagree, it actually states "spirit of the beast“
The spirit is that part of humans that is able to love and experience God
directly. It is found in no other animal
species, since no other species can
experience God or form a relationship
with Him. Is there any evidence that
humans possess a spirit? Recent
attempts have been aimed at trying to
identify the part of the brain involved in
"religious" experiences. Unfortunately,
the current studies are restricted to an
examination of meditative
experiences, since the specific subjects
used in the research were Tibetan
Buddhist meditators. During meditation,
the goal is to completely divorce oneself
from external sensory stimulation. The
ability to do so, apparently leads to some
sense of "oneness with the universe",
since the brain is deprived of sensory
input while still remaining active.

After Adam and Eve had sinned, they
became like God in that they could
distinguish good from evil. The ability
to make moral judgments is also a
characteristics that is found only in
humans. Even the higher apes cannot
make moral judgments about the
behavior of other animals. As Dr. Jerome Kagan points out in Three Seductive Ideas , "Not even the cleverest ape could be conditioned to be angry upon seeing one animal steal food from another."
In addition, there are no non-human
animal models for human pride, shame,
and guilt.

I did not even made mention of social skills,learning abn the brain.
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 9:52am On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

is ur theory based on the Bible alone? Or something else added to it?
Why not give Bible passages let's all learn?
funny I can't drop any bible passages only excerpts jor...

don't tell u don't know that man became a living soul when he was given the breath (one which some translators call spirit)was how d bible puts it and... and that animals too has that same breath (Ecclesiastes 3:19)
and remember even Mr Adam and Mrs Eve transgressed as d case was, "HE" said they should be driven out before they eat from some life giving tree and now live forever..... so partner, u see where d theory sprang?
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 3:16pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Bold is exactly what christianity request from the world
why think, when the Bible can do all the thinking for you?

Lol u call belief founded in a book an opinion? Pls come back when you have an actual opinion

We feel wind, we see the immediate and direct effects of wind, we also see it when it carries dust and sand and all sorts of things during a storm...so we know it's there
Totally incomparable with my 3 questions
* That is your own interpretation of it.

* Yes it is my belief, my opinion and you should respect it, you don't expect us all to have the same opinion. What I chose to believe in shouldn't be your problem(Just like I won't give two f**ks if you think there's no God).

How do you wan't me to explain to you something you are not ready to accept?
If you can feel and see the effect of wind, then people that truely believe in God will tell you they can feel the existence of God, his presence and handworks around them too, now how is that?
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 3:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Oh! Pls shut up with this "you can't find physical explanation to the spiritual"
What is physical?
What is spiritual?
Is Nature Spiritual or Physical?

The bold is completely dumb
You say you know...how? U read of it but haven't proved it to be true
Then again you admit it to be a belief
Do u not know what "belief" means
What's up with Christians and deficiency in understanding terminologies

Ok I dont know, but you know thanks to the bible, God's own words
So what is the human soul? I keep asking u, explain what it is and it's purpose...you know it exists right? Giving us a few details of it's existence cannot be difficult...after all you know it!
If U're going to keep insulting, I'm gonna stop replying you.
* I hate going in cycles, U're sticking with science's account of creation, how do you want me to explain to you with the Biblical version? How did nature came into existence?...TBC
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
...Contd

I said it up there, according to the Bible, He did not come down to earth to mix soils to creat man or dig the ground to plant trees, He spoke the words and these things came into existence, is that natural? or are you just confused?

* Dude you are the dumb one here, I don't have to see before I believe, that is the essence of faith according to what I choose to believe.

* Like I said wait till they are able to trap it, and when they succeed with their experiments, they'l definitly churn out notes for you to digest & know what a Soul is in science terms. I'll be wasting my time explaining Biblical way. *ciao
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

In this context, a non-human member of the kingdom Animalia...
In what context, you want to be selective now?
Molluscs, Athropods, Annelids all Have Souls too then since they are all multicellulars & all fall under Animalia?
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
if u guys (like cirmuell and some ppl here) continues to say scientists are looking for some kinda soul in man and u happen to be right (that for a fact, scientists are indeed engaging in such fruitless and pointless experiments) then those scientists are indeed gullible.

I am a soul just as u are a soul, with a life giving breath/spirit, at least its what's in your bibles na

Note that no one would ever sponsor such a nonsensical experiments on souls when we have vortexes, huge blackness in space to study, na d one wey we no sure say dey them wan experiment on

d only thing I don't get about man is D SELF THAT IS ABOVE HIS CONSCIOUSNESS, e still dey make my brain hot with headaches...
I know d rest jor or so I thought...
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 9:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
edogho:
if u guys (like cirmuell and some ppl here) continues to say scientists are looking for some kinda soul in man and u happen to be right (that for a fact, scientists are indeed engaging in such fruitless and pointless experiments) then those scientists are indeed gullible.

I am a soul just as u are a soul, with a life giving breath/spirit, at least its what's in your bibles na

Note that no one would ever sponsor such a nonsensical experiments on souls when we have vortexes, huge blackness in space to study, na d one wey we no sure say dey them wan experiment on

d only thing I don't get about man is D SELF THAT IS ABOVE HIS CONSCIOUSNESS, e still dey make my brain hot with headaches...
I know d rest jor or so I thought...
my brother they've been trying no be today o, most end-up proving that soul(in human) does exist. smiley
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 9:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
* That is your own interpretation of it.

* Yes it is my belief, my opinion and you should respect it, you don't expect us all to have the same opinion. What I chose to believe in shouldn't be your problem(Just like I won't give two f**ks if you think there's no God).

How do you wan't me to explain to you something you are not ready to accept?
If you can feel and see the effect of wind, then people that truely believe in God will tell you they can feel the existence of God, his presence and handworks around them too, now how is that?

This is nt jst an opinion, it's nt your own initiative but of the Bible's authors...you didn't even think it before you started posting it here...you yourself have made that clear...but we'd get to the part where I'll show u that u don't know the Bible at all...let's keep going
It affects me because beliefs like this affect the society I live in

Pls do tell the handiwork of Jehovah around you and how it's different from a Muslim, Hindu or even Atheist?
You asked what proof I have of animals having souls...it's hypocritical of you to ask me that..you don't even have the right to ask anybody for proof of anything afterall you have taken offence to me questioning your "opinion"

2 Likes

Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

This is nt jst an opinion, it's nt your own initiative but of the Bible's authors...you didn't even think it before you started posting it here...you yourself have made that clear...but we'd get to the part where I'll show u that u don't know the Bible at all...let's keep going
It affects me because beliefs like this affect the society I live in

Pls do tell the handiwork of Jehovah around you and how it's different from a Muslim, Hindu or even Atheist?
You asked what proof I have of animals having souls...it's hypocritical of you to ask me that..you don't even have the right to ask anybody for proof of anything afterall you have taken offence to me questioning your "opinion"
Bible's initiative which I choose to believe in, now kindly explain how that belief affect you & the "society you live in".

* why should I worry myself with wat people of other faiths thinks about their enviroment?

*It's funny you don't realize it's ur hypocrisy that got us here.
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 10:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
@malvisguy212

What is a spirit?
And how does the soul function?

these are two questions you have no answers to
Spirits are immaterial entities(Energies) that develop as the integral part of a particular aspect of our natural world
Man is possessed by Two spirits in many philosophical thoughts but for sake of this thread we pay attention to the Life giving spirit known as Soul.
Soul in all languages I know simply means "breath"...in classical thought, Respiration is believed to be the defining act of living, the most important quality of life...once you stop breathing your soul leaves you and you die...(you may request Bible passage if you wish)
Many of the ancient philosophies believe the soul's abode is the heart. But I believe it's nt heart as the organ that pumps blood but heart as a abstract location in the brain where our personality is formed by subjectivity and emotions
You may stop Movement, Reproduction, even execration but still be alive but the moment you are unable to breath...sorry you don kick the bucket b dat

Now tell me do animals have the ability to breathe? If yes then that's your Soul right there

Mr. Man I've seen a monkey freak out at Hyenas cheating a lone Lioness to her meal...the monkeys saved the day
So tell me are Monkeys humans that they know cheating is bad?
Btw forgetting this instance I gave above...Morality is nt universal
What is good in my eyes is bad in yours, what do you think is the cause of different cultures?
animals have their culture too, so we can't judge them based on our own culture

Ps. The soul is our Sentience and distinguishes a living being from a non-living entity

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
Bible's initiative which I choose to believe in, now kindly explain how that belief affect you & the "society you live in".

* why should I worry myself with wat people of other faiths thinks about their enviroment?

*It's funny you don't realize it's ur hypocrisy that got us here.

A book doesn't have initiative Mr.
I said the Bible's authors initiative

Such beliefs have made morons out of Africans, with Islam and christianity we have morons everywhere with the large population in our society, hence these moronic people have hindered knowledge and development

what hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 10:46pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

A book doesn't have initiative Mr.
I said the Bible's authors initiative

Such beliefs have made morons out of Africans, with Islam and christianity we have morons everywhere with the large population in our society, hence these moronic people have hindered knowledge and development

what hypocrisy?
Oversight.

*They are morons because of what they choose to accept & follow? & what makes you think you are not a m0ron for having an opposing view. Just 'cause the gullible few allowed themselves to be led astray doesn't give you the right to post that rubbish up there. They hindered Knowledge and development in what way? Guess you don't know that the two can't be unconnected, you fail to realize that early pioneers in modern science were men of deep Christian faith, not to even talk of teachings in Islam.
*Start from page 0 if you want to know how we got here.
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2015
edogho:
funny I can't drop any bible passages only excerpts jor...

don't tell u don't know that man became a living soul when he was given the breath (one which some translators call spirit)was how d bible puts it and... and that animals too has that same breath (Ecclesiastes 3:19)
and remember even Mr Adam and Mrs Eve transgressed as d case was, "HE" said they should be driven out before they eat from some life giving tree and now live forever..... so partner, u see where d theory sprang?
Beautiful brother, I checked that passage and everyone should see what the Bible says about Humans and other animals
Let's see from verse 18

I said in my heart concerning the state of men that God might manifest them, and men might see that they themselves are animals
for whatever befalls men, befalls animals. As one dies, so does the other die, they all have one breath so a man has no preeminence over an animal, for all is vanity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
If U're going to keep insulting, I'm gonna stop replying you.
* I hate going in cycles, U're sticking with science's account of creation, how do you want me to explain to you with the Biblical version? How did nature came into existence?...TBC

Where's the insult? Deal with the topic pls and address the points while not forgetting to answer questions and quit playing victim cus you're nt going in circles you jst nt addressing the points

I don't see where I asked u abt creation, I asked About Physical and spiritual in relation to the Natural world nt creation...since you keep saying physical can't explain the spiritual...I wonder why
giving an explanation is now difficult?
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 11:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
...Contd

I said it up there, according to the Bible, He did not come down to earth to mix soils to creat man or dig the ground to plant trees, He spoke the words and these things came into existence, is that natural? or are you just confused?

* Dude you are the dumb one here, I don't have to see before I believe, that is the essence of faith according to what I choose to believe.

Mr. you keep saying ur opinion...so I asked for ur opinion but you keep telling me things that are far from your opinion as you show you actually have no opinion of your own.
but lets examine it nevertheless.. how does a sky daddy sitting on a throne in the sky rapping out words fit as spiritual? What makes this spiritual?
pls jst define spiritual and physical as it relates to the natural world...

I didn't say "see"...you claimed to know that only humans have souls, how do you know?
faith is not the same as Knowledge or Conviction
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 11:48pm On Jan 26, 2015
macof:

Where's the insult? Deal with the topic pls and address the points while not forgetting to answer questions and quit playing victim cus you're nt going in circles you jst nt addressing the points

I don't see where I asked u abt creation, I asked About Physical and spiritual in relation to the Natural world nt creation...since you keep saying physical can't explain the spiritual...I wonder why
giving an explanation is now difficult?
What victim, I'm only telling you to be civil in passing your points across, I'm very good in that aspect too if you must know.

Honestly this may be my last reply to you 'cause it seems you're confused.

I cited Creation to make you understand my points.
You want explanation about Nature(the physical things) that came into existence through Spiritual means(according to Biblical account) & I told you it's futile endeavour, why dragging the same ish back and forth? Not all the things you see or that happens can be explained.
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
cirmuell:
In what context, you want to be selective now?
Molluscs, Athropods, Annelids all Have Souls too then since they are all multicellulars & all fall under Animalia?

Wtf! When a man speaks of animals what first comes to mind? Certainly non-human members of the Kingdom Animalia

Yes all animals have souls
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 12:03am On Jan 27, 2015
edogho:

I don't know where the man gets his ideas from? He seriously needs help with evaluating all his "opinions" grin

he doesn't even know what a soul is undecided
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 12:09am On Jan 27, 2015
edogho:

I know d rest jor or so I thought

it's everybody.. Our consciousness is just simply beautiful
But then what's your take in the relationship between Consciousness and Soul?
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 12:21am On Jan 27, 2015
macof:

Mr. you keep saying ur opinion...so I asked for ur opinion but you keep telling me things that are far from your opinion as you show you actually have no opinion of your own.
but lets examine it nevertheless.. how does a sky daddy sitting on a throne in the sky rapping out words fit as spiritual? What makes this spiritual?
pls jst define spiritual and physical as it relates to the natural world...

I didn't say "see"...you claimed to know that only humans have souls, how do you know?
faith is not the same as Knowledge or Conviction

I wont address the above again.

That's why I said you should go to the previous page.
I never "claim to know" instead I said it's the only one made known, the same reason I said "no one knows" when a dude asked if Animals have soul. But when some said they do, I wasn't in haste to shut them up or it aside, I simply asked them to tell how that is possible...I was willing to learn.
* makes no sense to me in this context.
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 12:26am On Jan 27, 2015
macof:

I don't know where the man gets his ideas from? He seriously needs help with evaluating all his "opinions" grin

he doesn't even know what a soul is undecided
Perharps you should read more. Mr. I'malwaysright. If you want the meaning of a Soul you can always check here www.google.com I won't explain to you what you are not ready to believe or accept, that's waste of time. cool ciao
Re: Death And Living Forever by cirmuell(m): 12:29am On Jan 27, 2015
macof:

Wtf! When a man speaks of animals what first comes to mind? Certainly non-human members of the Kingdom Animalia

Yes all animals have souls
Lol, I'm done here. grin
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 12:31am On Jan 27, 2015
cirmuell:
Oversight.

*They are morons because of what they choose to accept & follow? & what makes you think you are not a m0ron for having an opposing view. Just 'cause the gullible few allowed themselves to be led astray doesn't give you the right to post that rubbish up there. They hindered Knowledge and development in what way? Guess you don't know that the two can't be unconnected, you fail to realize that early pioneers in modern science were men of deep Christian faith, not to even talk of teachings in Islam.
*Start from page 0 if you want to know how we got here.

No they are morons because of their actions nt beliefs, we all have our beliefs, that's why it's best to seal religion to ur private life and live secular in public, you don't need to start evangelising, threatening, blackmailing, killing etc.
millions of people in Nigeria aren't Christians because they chose to be, they were compelled by their parents and society mostly from childhood
Take ur case for example, you have refused to even open up ur mind and gift of cognisance and intelligence but rather take a book as ur "opinion"...that's so hilarious
The society we live in today is filled with religionists who act upon what they've read in a book and not what they've sought out of life...of course not all religionists are morons like this but the majority are, Infact those who aren't are sometimes seen as "bad Christians" "bad muslims"

Do you wish for us to dive into European mediaeval history to prove you wrong?

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by efficiencie(m): 12:51am On Jan 27, 2015
macof:

I believe everything we need to know is there in the natural world around us, all we need to do is SEE IT
So I can know the creator's purpose for my life, I can know the creator's purpose for anything I set mind to

What do u mean by spiritual phenomenon?
is Nature a spiritual phenomenon?

Before I address the bold, can u provide Bible passages that state this?

so who is your 'God' if i may ask?
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 1:01am On Jan 27, 2015
cirmuell:
Perharps you should read more. Mr. I'malwaysright. If you want the meaning of a Soul you can always check here www.google.com I won't explain to you what you are not ready to believe or accept, that's waste of time. cool ciao
cirmuell:
I wont address the above again.

That's why I said you should go to the previous page.
I never "claim to know" instead I said it's the only one made known, the same reason I said "no one knows" when a dude asked if Animals have soul. But when some said they do, I wasn't in haste to shut them up or it aside, I simply asked them to tell how that is possible...I was willing to learn.
* makes no sense to me in this context.

1. prove humans have souls (nt define soul..nt that you have done this anyway undecided)
Come on that's a fair challenge, you asked for proof on if animals have soul or not
I've given you proof Philosophically and Biblically as to satisfy a Christian...if I was speaking to an atheist, I know how I would try to appeal to his cognizance in the matter.
not that I need ur proof but then consider that there are many who don't even believe in the concept of soul and require proof to believe
I have answered all ur queries but you keep dodging mine

2. what is the purpose of the soul? (if you have been reading me, I have already given answers to this. if you want bible passages to support my opinions, I would gladly see you to it)

3. What is spiritual phenomenon? You didn't explain but it seems you gave an example

4. How does the Bible's creation myth fit as spiritual? What makes it spiritual?
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 1:13am On Jan 27, 2015
efficiencie:

so who is your 'God' if i may ask?

Depends on ur definition of "God"
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 6:10am On Jan 27, 2015
cirmuell:
my brother they've been trying no be today o, most end-up proving that soul(in human) does exist. smiley

Mind telling me more about some of the experiments on the soul ?
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 7:20am On Jan 27, 2015
macof:

it's everybody.. Our consciousness is just simply beautiful
But then what's your take in the relationship between Consciousness and Soul?
Now that's d kind of topic I like and will always want to learn more about.
let me start by admitting that I know little on that topic.

one thing I do know and I'm sure of is that there's some kinda SELF that directs our consciousness and it's relations with our soul, by soul I mean US.
I've seen ppl claim to receive visions and hear voices of spiritual ppl while d reality is that they unknowingly are discussing with themselves, not exactly their SELF. example is when a friend of mine who claims to be a pastor like his father, collapsed when the same girl whom he claimed God has said is his future partner broke up with him. when I took him home, his own father still boasted that God told him that d enemy wants one of his child.

Me was just laughing inwardly because if d man hear wetin make his son whom I warned collapse, he no go talk rubbish for my front,
now these raises questions, were they deceiving their followers or themselves?
what makes them so sure the voice is God's because I myself sometimes hear a voice inside me and I believe its same for all men

I've seen animals suffer and die and I sometimes allow my consciousness be directed by my SELF to align with that of the animals'. I felt their pain, the sameness, what its like to be dead on the street.
since I learned to do that, I no fit kill even rat again. note that this one's my own experience sha, u might do same and get a different result.

all in all, I still learnt that whatever it is, somehow man is still in control and that's what I call THE SELF. That's y u see ppl basking in what u call ignorance buh they see u as someone misled into swimming in d river of foolishness.
like my mystic uncle will say, its all in the mind, d mind assigns dimensions, simple..

hope u can deduce something from my mind for this here is my mind on d issue..and its not just straight... buh I'm very sure of one thing, that at this stage of my existence, I can't bring myself to being an atheist cool

2 Likes

Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 7:26am On Jan 27, 2015
cirmuell:
and what makes Google have d final say on what a soul is?
who be Google sef for d matter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheists!!! God Loves You. / Have You Ever Heard Of Freemasonry? / Can I Split My Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.