Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities (72304 Views)

List Of 10 Top Toughest Examinations In The World. See If JAMB Made The List. / The Best Way To Pass Examinations In High Institution / Causes Of Mass-Failure In Public Examinations In Nigeria -By Tayo Demola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by cushey(f): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2005
hi everyone i think its the best idea nigeria has ever had in decades.Its not even as if its going to stop malpractises but atleast going to reduce the rate of jamb manipulation.Listen i fancy the idea but it looks as if the government does not want it to reduce cause its kind of cancelling it and recalling it thereby trying to frustrate student.I just the govt reads this thing were're writing and see sense in those who said reasonable things.Thanks 4 reading.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 8:41pm On Nov 22, 2005
Hi guys, I was just wondering if anyone got any usefulinformation about the Uniben's post UME.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by charlisco(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2005
Please, someone should help, if he/she had any vital information concerning the release of the uniben post-ume, result
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by charlisco(m): 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2005
For any one who want the link to check his/her addmission status here are the links below

http://www.unibenportal.com/ccsite/AdmissionChecking/CheckAdmission.cfm

http://www.uniben.edu/admission/index.html

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 25, 2005
you mean that number was sent to uniben alone for admission into 100 level? that is absurd and does not happen anywhere in the world but nigeria. imagine the post ume screening results, less than 1% passed that exam! what a shame!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 9:24pm On Nov 25, 2005
Damn the post ume is the best. I made the stuff. I guess i should be happy cos i've been admitted to study computer engineering. Thats cool i guess. Uniben, Keep it up...
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 25, 2005
congratulations man! now u can go to school with ur head held high!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2005
yea thanx man
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by otokx(m): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2005
congrats oghos2k; we are proud to associate with you.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 5:27pm On Nov 26, 2005
yea thanx otukx. Its really nice meetin you all
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by wendytilda(f): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2005
Hi everyone,I don't know! but i think this exam or test by the various schools is good cos there is so much exam malpractise in JAMB.If this can make the rate of malprctise less then it's better and if one thinks he made it in Jamb out of his intelligence then he should't be afraid of the exam cos he is intelligent and will also make it.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ngerman(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2005
The post-UME screening/test is a welcome development. However, there are very important matters arising that should be noted:
One, not all students who scored high in JAMB are cheats. I know a candidate who scored above 300, had 8 distinction in WAEC SSCE, and over 1500 out of a possible 1600 score in American SAT I and SAT II. Indeed there are many such exceptional students who can and have easily scored above 270. It is very important that while dealing with the evil of exam cheats in JAMB -UME or indeed any other exams, that we do not demonize excellence.
Such excellent student will definitely do well in any post-UME test, provided those tests have measurable/objective/reproducible standards. Conducting oral test alone will not suffice to remove any high scoring student from the admission list.

Two, the selection process after the post- JAMB test must be transparent. What happens if one candidate scores 270 in JAMB and 60% in Post-UME test, another scores 205 in JAMB and 62% in post-UME test? Will the 2 marks in Post UME be sufficient to disregard the difference of 65 marks in JAMB if only one additional admission space remains to be fill and we have to chose between the two? Indeed if the post-UME is only to eliminate cheats it will be necessary to define the final selection process in real terms.

Finally, can somebody tell me when our premier University, University of Ibadan, UI, will conduct the post-UME screening? Is it going to be a written exam? If so, are dates and venues going to be clearly advertised? When are students likely to resume in UI for this academic session?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2005
ui is making an oral interview and its on the 12th of december. so get prepared.Its going to be strictly by invitation.its not going to be for all that selected UI but those whose names will be pasted later before the day. i'll fill you in on info about the exam as soon as i get any.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ngerman(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2005
Thanks Oghos2k,[i][/i] if you are sure of this date please keep me informed of further development. My fear is not to hear of the date too late. No info is comming in formally from UI. I have since sent my credential for screening, as they requested. with a score above 270 and with over 5 distinctions in WAEC , I hope I will be invited to prove myself. Although, I am not too comfortable with oral exams alone, I wish they also had a written test like UNIBEN and others, because of problems of standardization of questions and the subjectivity of marking in an oral exam. Please keep me informed on dates and nature of exam.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2005
so tell me ngerman, where are you that is so remote?
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 12:12am On Dec 02, 2005
NGERMAN! not comfortable with oral exams? get used to it! that's why the average american and british is 100 times more confident and sure of himself than the average naija. they virtually do oral exams in one form of the other all thru their school lives like seminars, projects and stuff that we don't do. mind u it was a big setback for me when i came here but with time u can overcome it. u will go for an oral interview for a job one day!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ngerman(m): 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2005
Oghos2k, so what is happening no news from UI till now. Some people took Jamb-ume from outside Nigeria. So if they have to attend a post-jamb whatever, a weeks notice is not enough. If that is what Universities abroad do, many foreign student will not stand a chance.
davidylan, oral exams? please bring it on. But be objective in your assessment. I promise you there will be tales of nigerfactors. I hope even the panelist can agree amongst themselves. That will be be their headaches.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by horladoyin(m): 10:42pm On Dec 09, 2005
pls,everyone in here.can anyone pls tell me d situation of things in unilag's admission.after our post jamb result was out,which i passed,we've not heard anything yet since then.we've just been hearing rumours dat that they've cancelled our post-jamb exam results,and they now want 2 use our jamb result only now.and am really scared cos dats not good at fair at all.
pls,if anyone knows d truth pls tell me o.i'll be waiting!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Oracle(m): 3:32am On Dec 10, 2005
Well it was written in Enugu just the day before yesterday.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by horladoyin(m): 10:45pm On Dec 11, 2005
please,everyone in here.can anyone please tell me d situation of things in unilag's admission.after our post jamb result was out,which i passed,we've not heard anything yet since then.we've just been hearing rumours that that they've cancelled our post-jamb exam results,and they now want 2 use our jamb result only now.and am really scared because dats not good at fair at all.
please,if anyone knows d truth please tell me o.i'll be waiting!
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ngerman(m): 12:00pm On Dec 15, 2005
Please does any body know when UI is conducting the last phase of the post JAMB screening?? Please let me know if you have this information[b][/b]
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by Thesaint1(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2005
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color][right][/right]Post Jamb exam, there is nothing like it, I beleive that every body is entitle to his/her opinion.  Looking at the exam or screen test as the case may be, the prerequisite for it is Jamb exam what are we now talking about, you can write it without your original jamb slip, is not that Jamb is scrapped, in my own opinion is just a way of cross checking students in order to allow the most qualified one to be admitted to school.

I dont think writing two exams is too much for a student b4 entering university, if excellence and quality is put in mind.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by brick(m): 4:44am On Dec 28, 2005
the post jamb test will be okay if the modalities are streamlined. the issue of finance should be properly addressed. i see no reason why students should be charged exhorbitant amounts after paying over 2,000naira for jamb. not forgeting that most of these students travelled from afar, all over the country to take the test. i am definitely sure that if this is not checked, universities will begin charging cut throat amounts on the basis of generating fund for the university.
and yet there is no evidence that this method is foolproof - corruption is a fundamental problem in nigeria society and goes beyond jamb. the baton has just been transferred to the university (with the lecturers).
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2005
Just to show how foolproof this test is, Uniben brough out a list of those that tried some form of malpractice. atleast, uniben is trying to be honest to a level.

Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by oghos2k(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2005
I was surprised at UI. Ui seem to be the most uncivilized school even though they call themself premier or so. How could they have done such a thing by using the O-level results of candidates in screening. I think the problem with UI is that, they always dont like going by other schools . They like innovations but this is the worst Innovation any school senate could ever come up with. Crazy school.Am glad i never thut of attending that school.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by dejirule: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2006
can someone please tell me when UI is likely to resume
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by terdoo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2006
I WILL NOT USE THE WORD I THINK BUT I WILL USE I KNOW-: that the post JAMB EXAMINATION is hundred pecernt excellent.
Is high time all hands must be on desk on the improvement of the educational sector / adimssions givers.
The post JAMB would be one of the innovation in the educational sector. To be point blank Nigeria education has been destebilise with corrupt practises of some highly dignitaries and officiating boards of exams.
Infact i love the newly introduce exams, that will prove who you are and it will determines whether you did the UME your self or not. Almost all centres in Lagos state have special candidates of which they are been provide with scraps of papers answers.
But the post JAMB will be a different thing, but i know one thing for sure that even the post JAMB will also stoop low in the nearest future to come.
And by that time it will be only God father's children will be going to school and if you don't know anybody there you will not be able to get there.
The post JAMB exam is good, i pray may they retain the good conductivivty of the exams.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by terdoo(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2006
I WILL NOT USE THE WORD I THINK BUT I WILL USE I KNOW-: that the post JAMB EXAMINATION is hundred pecernt excellent.
Is high time all hands must be on desk on the improvement of the educational sector / adimssions givers.
The post JAMB would be one of the innovation in the educational sector. To be point blank Nigeria education has been destebilise with corrupt practises of some highly dignitaries and officiating boards of exams.
Infact i love the newly introduce exams, that will prove who you are and it will determines whether you did the UME your self or not. Almost all centres in Lagos state have special candidates of which they are been provide with scraps of papers answers.
But the post JAMB will be a different thing, but i know one thing for sure that even the post JAMB will also stoop low in the nearest future to come.
And by that time it will be only God father's children will be going to school and if you don't know anybody there you will not be able to get there.
The post JAMB exam is good, i pray may they retain the good conductivivty of the exams.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ty4eva(f): 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2006
I went for the post ume test in the University of Ilorin, though the exam was a cinch, the duration was just too short. I think the whole idea is a good thing cuz it has at least 70% probability of testing the knowledge of a student, rather than scoring as high as 290 in JAMB without bein able to spell your name correctly.
My grudge is the expenses, sitting for UME and paying another fee to write a psot JAMB test is really not good enough as some us us r struggling students who aim 2 attain our peak. I think one should be scrapped for the other, and i sugget that UME should go for post Jamb Test to stay.
Moreover, using UME as a basis for university education will open doors for a student to apply to at least 3 univeristies. The student could pay for 3 universities of his/her choice, and choose three courses of their choice as well,write the exams and go for anyone that favours dem.
Post UME is a revolution in the educational system that should be encouraged and propagated.

Nigeria Youths have a future!, we are sick of writing UME 3 times before getting admission simply beocause some of us do not have the money to grease palms, with the Post UME test, such things wud be a thing o the past, and it wud be a good way of curbing corruption.
We need a way out, we need salvation and post UME is here to REDEEM us! support the post ume test and give u a better future
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by ty4eva(f): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2006
Oghos2k,
i am proud of u and i say congrats1!!!!!....but please read hard and put to shame those that think they can uy their way into the system
It worked for u, and i believe it will also work for those of us who r there for the reall reason it's meant for
Keep it up man!!!!!1
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by chiben: 11:45am On Jan 18, 2006
Hello am here to contribute on the post jamb stuff of a thing infact from my own point of view I think that this might be the right and appropriate way to minimize the level of malpractice and corruption, but my contribution goes on this way, if JAMB itself will still be useful and needed including the post JAMB then with due respect I hereby plead to the ministry of education to make the level of finance to be less or stable. Stable in the sense of minimizing the JAMB registration fee and also the POST JAMB, so that the poor ones can be inclusive in the schooling system,

I think am just on the introductory part as a new person in this site. So I will be very glad if my point can be taking as a means of contribution to the people in charge.
Re: Post-JAMB Examinations in Nigerian Universities by kristoff: 8:36pm On Feb 17, 2006
would someone tell me if the post-jamb method is in jamb form(i.e. objective) or possibly practicals,most especially for those whose prerequisites to a course entails sitting for subjects like biology,chemistry,etc, please help me out.and when is the real jamb date?au revoir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Full BECE “Junior WAEC 2022” Timetable .PDF | Past Questions | Syllabus / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / 11 Nigerian Universities Are Substandard – NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.