Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,926 members, 7,803,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb (7497 Views)

Songs That Cant Be Found On Your Ipod, Mp3, Phones And So On / Good Ipod Nano Purchase: Help! / IPod Nano (Music Player): Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by elolove(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2006
I just got an a nano ipod, but since am not used to this kind of things, and experiencing difficulties using it. First I would appreciate some help, particularly step by step on how to transfer music from my CDs to the ipod.
I have already succeefully install the ipod and itunes software, so where do I click to start copying the songs, and how do I give the songs titles and informations. Pls help me out before I spoilt the thing. I use the PC offline, so I download my stuffs on the flash drive and read later.

Can i import the songs while it is still charging?
What is podcast and how can I get them?
Can I transfer video there too? How pls?
Can I listen to fm radio on the ipod
Can I use it for external recording
Can capacity can 2GB holds in terms of number of music and pictures.
Hw much is it?
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by bucknor33(m): 2:08am On Aug 23, 2006
Bros no vex ohhhhhhhhhhh,
Where can get the nano ipod,i just talked about it some hours ago and how much is it going for.emabinu ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Awaits your response.
one love
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by bluenubian(f): 2:28am On Aug 23, 2006
Bro
U asking to many questions. First u need to make sure ur itunes recognises ur ipod. Did u get to the step where u named ur ipod. Hit me up on yahoo, I'll help u there and if I can't I know someone that can.

It cost at about $200 and holds 500song while u can get the 30gig ipod for $300 which hold pictures and 7500 songs and videos
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by lilyDiva(f): 4:19am On Aug 23, 2006
I have Ipod 30gigs i just hope all of them work thesame so i can answer some of your questions,

-Can i import music while charging? yes you can do that
-What is podcast? honestly, i haven't had time to look up that one, cos the musics and videos are eating my money so i don't need more lol
-Can i transfer video? Yes you can for 30 gigs, i don't know about nano but if you can still do it, they have a page in itunes where you can download it
-can i listen to fm? for mine i can't

hope it helps

>>>>the problem i had with mine when i bought it was that i couldn't find where the volume was, so i had to call em lol how dumb is that? undecided
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by bluenubian(f): 7:24am On Aug 23, 2006
Miss diva,
Why u letting itunes eat ur money, me pay 99cents for a song, no way, unless the song is very rare. I use aries and limewire pro to get my songs.

@elolove
U shudnt have to click anything to transfer songs. Ur ipod is set to automatically update when u plug it in ur pc, unles u change the setting
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by zebudaya(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2006
@bluenubian

If you steal music you might not make it to heaven.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Hotstepper(f): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2006
iPOD Nano, What is it? Ipod Nano came after the MINI ones and a month or so before the Video one. Ipod Nano comes in black and white and either 2gb(500 songs) or 4gb(1000 songs). you can also store your photos on it.  Now to answer your questions

Can i import the songs while it is still charging? yes u can as far as you are not trying to put songs inside it
What is podcast and how can I get them? don't know what that is
Can I transfer video there too? How please? you cannot since it is a Nano, Only da video ones and I presume da MP3/MP4's that looks like Nano
Can I listen to fm radio on the ipod, you cannot listen to radio, only da MP3/4 offers that feature
Can I use it for external recording, you cannot
Can capacity can 2GB holds in terms of number of music and pictures, alot of pixs and only 500 songs
Hw much is it? about 200 dollars now or so
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by c0dec(m): 9:00pm On Aug 23, 2006
elolove:

I just got an a nano ipod, but since am not used to this kind of things, and experiencing difficulties using it. First I would appreciate some help, particularly step by step on how to transfer music from my CDs to the ipod.
I have already succeefully install the ipod and itunes software, so where do I click to start copying the songs, and how do I give the songs titles and informations. Please help me out before I spoilt the thing. I use the PC offline, so I download my stuffs on the flash drive and read later.

Can I transfer video there too? How please?
Hw much is it?

ehm, can't you just read the manual?

BTW, you sound like some yahoo yahoo guy who not sure whether to use the ipod or sell. just my suspicion - no vex.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by lilyDiva(f): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ bluenubian, i do use limewire sometimes  but its pretty scary since they call it theft besides not all the videos that i downlaod from there shows on my Ipod,

lol @ zebudaya
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by auwal(m): 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2006
hi i just recently got the 60gb ipod , maan this thing is the bomb.
there is this guy at skool and he has like 2000 songs on his system
but this amazing thing, consumed all , it takes 15000 songs on an average of
4 mins. per song,

i also had difficulties usin it at 1st.

u know the itunes imports songs automatically 4rm ur library, but i disabled mine
so i just manually drag files to my ipod icon under source menu, usin the itunes.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by donmayor(m): 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2006
The best iPod software is anapod manager (www.anapod.com, it makes transfer of songs to ur ipod so sweet and easy. You can also use media centre 11(www.jriver.com). Itunes is crap
You cannot transfer video to ur ipod nano but u can experiment linux on ur ipod nano at the expense of it probably crashing.
You can listen to radio if u get the ipod remote (i'm not sure if its supported on nano but it's supported on the video enabled ipods)
Podcasts are mp3s which are approximately equal to RSS feeds for websites. I don't know a simpler explanation
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by elolove(m): 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2006
Guys thanks, but i still need sm help
firstly, i got the ipod from a contest recently organised in nigeria, initially i wanted to sell it, but couldnt find a good buyer, i guess most people like me dont know how it works.

I use it on an UNCONNECTED to the internet laptop, so all i want to know was how to copy the songs on my CD to the ipod.
and also can i take the ipod to the cafe to download those free podcast like i do with my flash and diskette, or do i need to install itunes in every cafe b4 i can download.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Oiza(f): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2006
Yes, you can. Once you plug your nano into a computer, it starts charging and updating the songs on your nano.

I don't know either :-)

Not onto a nano, you can't. But you can put pictures on it.

Can I listen to fm radio on the ipod.
No you can't. At least not with a nano

Can I use it for external recording.
Like how? You can use it to store documents (word, excel, etc, ) But I am not sure what you mean by external recording.

I think about 500. 4Gb stores about a 1000.

Hw much is it?
The 4Gb costs about NGN49,000.00

I use it on an UNCONNECTED to the internet laptop, so all i want to know was how to copy the songs on my CD to the ipod.
Copy the songs on to your laptop. You can use iTunes for that. And then when you plug it into the laptop, iTunes automatically updates your nano.

and also can i take the ipod to the cafe to download those free podcast like i do with my flash and diskette, or do i need to install itunes in every cafe before i can download.
As far as I know, yes, you have to install iTunes on all the computers you intend to use. Be careful with that though, because iTunes will update your nano with whatever songs you have on the computer. That means that if there are no songs on the computer, you get no songs on your nano :-)
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Chxta(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2006
elolove:

I have already succeefully install the ipod and itunes software, so where do I click to start copying the songs, and how do I give the songs titles and informations. Please help me out before I spoilt the thing. I use the PC offline, so I download my stuffs on the flash drive and read later.

Hw much is it?

Get the iPod Nano manual by clicking this.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by donmayor(m): 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2006
Don't u know dat Nigerians don't know how to read manuals, You wasted ur time putting up dat link
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2006
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by omogenaija(f): 4:18am On Jan 09, 2007
if u just got it and u didnt steal it or get hand me down then u should read the manual .

[s]i'm only hating on u because i don't have an ipod[/s]  angry undecided kiss
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by tianshie(m): 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2007
Just got an 80Gb ipod. It stores 25,000 songs.
Problem is I'm having problems importing songs from CD's as the itunes doesn't seem to recognise these CD's,a hell of a hassle really.
Second how can I copy songs from limewire to my ipod,didn't figure that one out yet.

Here's a laugh,when my ipod updated,I found songs on it that were not on my laptop,especially Genevieve's crap song!
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by hola2ng(m): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2007
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Rapsody(m): 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2007
@hola2ng
where u been,playa? Sure pulled the disappearing act on ur gospel rap brethren.When u gon come home (u prodigal prodigy!).

@Poster
Methinks podcasts are similar 2 broadcasts except the differences in medium(i.e internet/T.V & Radio). Kinda like streaming witout the live part.
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by hola2ng(m): 12:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by webmaster3: 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
Hi, i need a 2gb i-pod nano. where can i get that in NIgeria and at what price?. thanks
Re: How To Use The Nano IPod 2Gb by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 10, 2010
How much is 30GB NANO Ipod

(1) (Reply)

Interview With Nigerian Music Star, Flavour N’abania’s / Davido Ft. Sina Rambo – Overseas (VIDEO PREMIERE) / Saddest Hip Hop Songs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.