Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan (16198 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / My Sister May Die Soon, I Am Sad / ''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by ceo4eva: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan hinted yesterday, the ordeal his late younger sister, Mrs Nancy Jonathan-Olei underwent as a result of a heart-related disease before she died.

Speaking at the funeral service held at the St. Stephen’s Anglican Church in Otuoke, Bayelsa State for his late sister, Jonathan said God was kind to his sister during her regular medical sojourns to India from the time he was deputy governor of Bayelsa State.

He said, “Nancy is my immediate younger sister though not of the same mother. I was very sad when she died because I knew she had been passing through pains for a very long time. Sometimes, I felt God had been really kind to her.

She started developing problems with her heart when I was deputy governor, then I started asking questions. I asked my personal physician where we could treat her, that she had problems with her aortic valve, the valves circulating blood to the heart. My doctor told me the nearest place to treat her was Ghana.

So I said we have so many teaching hospitals in Nigeria and none can attempt to work on a human heart? I was worried. But today, I am happy that University of Ibadan is handling open heart surgery.

We battled with her health and she was taken to India on and on and for over three years, she has been down. When the immediate younger brother died, she could not even attend the burial.

He added that it was worth celebrating if a Christian attains the age of 70 years before passing on.

The body of the late Nancy was moved from the Otuoke Comprehensive Hospital Mortuary to her residence in Otuoke and thereafter to the Dame Patience Jonathan Square for service of songs before it was interred after the church service.

http://leadership.ng/news/406214/sister-died-heart-disease-jonathan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by ceo4eva: 6:05am On Jan 24, 2015
Please, let's leave politics aside and commiserate with the President over his sister's death.

Mr President, God give you the fortitude to bear the loss. May her soul Rest In Peace. AMEN.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by DonBethel: 6:06am On Jan 24, 2015
RIP to the dead

6 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by JECBOSS: 6:07am On Jan 24, 2015
RIP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by egift(m): 6:10am On Jan 24, 2015
Nancy rest peacefully in the bosom of the Lord.

Come this Valentine, it is Sai Buhari/Osinbajo all the way. Vote for Change.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by MuguliciousMUGU: 6:14am On Jan 24, 2015
egift:
Nancy rest peacefully in the bosom of the Lord.

keep quiet and respect the dead.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by egift(m): 6:19am On Jan 24, 2015
[s]
MuguliciousMUGU:

[/s]
RIP to the dead. Jonathan start Packing. Buhari all the way. Change is here to stay.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 24, 2015
egift:

Mumu. You no wan get sense.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by RedArrow: 6:22am On Jan 24, 2015
RIP

4 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by stebell(m): 6:22am On Jan 24, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Dont mind that ediot aka egift. The only thing they know hw to do best is to fail common WAEC, forge certificate and later post pictures of a crusade to show to their gullible followers that they pulled such crowd.

Failbuhari is real
Sai GEJ till 2019.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by JECBOSS: 6:22am On Jan 24, 2015
MuguliciousMUGU:

Don't mind d guy. APC is known for politics of hatred and bitterness. So I'm not surprised!

11 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by egift(m): 6:24am On Jan 24, 2015
[s]
J12:

Mumu. You no wan get sense.
[/s]NEXT!

6 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by egift(m): 6:27am On Jan 24, 2015
stebell:
Failbuhari is real
Sai GEJ till 2019.
And this?

TANiods and Hypocrisy. Shm.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by alberto2k(m): 6:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Assuming you provide Good and standard Health centres all round the federation maybe she'll still be alive or recuperating in one of them undecided

R.I.P to her tho

9 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 24, 2015
Rip to her and the 15,000+ his brother could not protect

vote change for a better Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Zellie: 6:46am On Jan 24, 2015
OP, its aorta/aortic valve not iota valve

2 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:48am On Jan 24, 2015
President Jonathan's sister had an aortic valve problem....probably age related.

Still, good on the President for sharing about his sister....and that means Nigerians....watch your health. Exercise. Eat properly. Don't stress too much. Drink in moderation. Be happy.

Modified: We don't have enough facilities for heart surgery in Nigeria because of funding and limited number of surgeons.Another reason to spend 20% of our budget on health.

6 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:49am On Jan 24, 2015
Zellie:
OP, its aorta/aortic valve not iota valve

Blame the Journalist and his editor who did not do the needful correction.
Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by englishmart(m): 6:59am On Jan 24, 2015
Rip to her. Since money can't buy life or deter the occurrence of death, then why am I worried?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 24, 2015
RIP to the dead lady though first I should point out RESPECTFULLY to Mr President and for information of the general public, the aortic valve isn't the valve that circulates blood to the heart, the aorta takes blood from the heart to other parts of the body (except the lungs) thus the aortic valves prevent back flow of blood or regurgitation of blood once it leaves the heart.
Again, am happy UCH now offers open heart surgery, hopefully our leaders would do more to improve the standard of health care in the state and federal hospitals. It goes without saying that death doesn't ask for your name before she strikes, death comes for both the rich and the poor.
@posters snitching on GEJ for not fixing the health sector, yes he should take some flak for it but let's be objective, what has past leaders done to improve the health sector? Buhari's PTF? OBJ's VAMED? All have been white elephant projects without man power development. You don't buy a 64 slice MRI when you don't have the personnel on ground to run it. Thats putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by DonBethel: 7:28am On Jan 24, 2015
englishmart:
Rip to her. Since money can't buy life or deter the occurrence of death, then why am I worried?
Word!

1 Like

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
People die everyday without having us read epistles.

1 Like

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
ǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıl ʇɐ ʞool oʇ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ
sǝɯıʇǝɯos.. RIP to the dead!

2 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Onozboy(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
REALLY

dont worry God would compensate you ,by ruling for another 4years

GEJ TILL 2019

2 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by jayseehe(m): 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
I'm more concerned about the kidnapped Chibok girls
I'm more concerned about those that were killed in Baga
I'm more concerned about those that died seeking immigration job

The President doesn't seem to be concerned, he has been rejoicing through out his rally.

Quote me and call me a hater then you are right.
I hate GEJ, I hate a person that embezzles the money that belongs to millions of people, thereby sentencing them to poverty while he enriches himself.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by basty: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
If you have paid attention to the health sector Maybe your sister might not have died.

8 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by frodobee: 7:35am On Jan 24, 2015
Sorry Gej, Nancy is with God.
Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Sai GEJ till 2019
Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by gabriel212: 7:39am On Jan 24, 2015
you don start again for we to be sympathised with you to get our vote KOJÒÒ.
first den wan kit you it were busted
now how ur family died
later it will be how they plan to kidnap you
GMB all the way

6 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 24, 2015
Election time in Nigeria is really something grin grin grin

It is then you begin to hear all sorts of sympathetic tales, lies and stories all in a bid to win your vote. After after voting day, you become their biitch to be fvcked with for the next 4 years.

We are sorry about your sister but what lesson in improving health care for the citizens have you learnt?

9 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by MEILYN(m): 7:42am On Jan 24, 2015
The man is even campaigning with his dead sister. With all the money he has stolen. His sister still died. Money is good but even with money, u go still die. The funniest part of it all is that this man won't pay attention to our health sector after his sister died unfortunately because of lack of good health care in the country.

RIP to her. Hope Jonathan's cluelessness in running the affairs of Bayelsa didn't give her heart attack shaaa?

Quote me and die like Jonathan's sister.

11 Likes

Re: How Heart Disease Killed My Sister - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 24, 2015
R.I.P
We don't need anymore emergency death in our country so
Buhari can never be the president of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Many Nigerians Die Early / A Patient Tests Positive For COVID-19 In Cross-River - UCTH / Black Female Physicist Pioneers Technology That Kills Cancer Cells With Lasers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.