Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,411 members, 7,781,189 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:23 AM

…babangida Defends Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / …babangida Defends Buhari (42570 Views)

We Can't Fight Boko Haram Alone: APC Defends Buhari's Trip To Chad, Niger / Babangida Defends Buhari / Dele Momodu Defends Buhari's Age On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by lafex: 9:23am On Jan 25, 2015
WHAT IBB TOLD GEJ WHEN THE LATTER VISITED THE FORMER.

"The President came here to ask for my support. I had only 15minutes prior notice before his arrival. When he came, I took him to my bedroom and had a chat with him. When he left his people said I have endorsed him. What am I supposed to do, deny it? No. For me, that is not a problem because I am a leader and what I say or don't say will give mileage to any party.

When he came here I told him that he made two political mistakes: first was to lose Rotimi, the Governor of Rivers State. When the crisis was going on, Governor Rotimi was here to pay me a visit. I confronted him and he spoke to me very honestly. Despite the problems, he was not ready to leave the PDP then. Gen. Obasanjo, myself and a few others intervened in the matter as leaders of the party but the president did not foresee the current situation and didn't take our advice seriously. Rotimi is one young man I like so much for his honesty. He is very bold and alway committed to his conviction.

I told president Jonathan that the second mistake he made was to call Obasanjo a motor pact taut. What an insult. That was wrong and the beginning of his problems. How many times had he seen Obasanjo insult Gowon. I told him that supporting him would mean to endorse the insult on Gen Obasanjo. I won't.

I advised him to go make peace with Governor Rotimi and Gen. Obasnjo. I told him it is almost getting late. I said to him, you must visit Obasanjo to apologize to him. I don't think that the outcome was favourable because it was already late.

A lot of persons have been calling me to raise concern that the President would use the Military to rig the election and I say to them that it is not likely. There is esprit d'coup. Most of the soldiers you see today are boys to our boys. President Jonathan has no option than to allow the election hold and to declare the winner. I advised him on this. Several other persons, both local and international, have also advised him on the consequences of using soldiers to influence the election. I am sure, he won't."
....IBB

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by AreaFada2: 9:26am On Jan 25, 2015
All Babangida knows how to do is plot coup, steal and Maradona foolish people.
He can use his boys to organise coup again, that's all he has ever done.

If the so-called Buhari was any good, why did IBB overthrow him?
For selfish interest by any means?

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by yayitifury: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2015
Seconded bro...na d word be that..ogbam

focus7:
we are not in the classroom so far u can get the informations. However, I have learnt something from Jonathan scenario that u passed through the four wall of a classroom and earn a doctorate degree does not make u intelligent. I want u to judge it yourself, Jonathan is likely among the highest degree holders among the presidents we have around the world, but can think of anyone as clueless and incompetent as him given the level of resources he has access to? Beside, I doubt the credibility of Jonathan degree certificates, I am not sure he earned them, knowing the systems that operates in Nigeria, he could be one of those that someone has to be paid to get the certificates for him, he has failed to display ability to defend his degrees. I know someone who paid people to to sit for him in exam to acquire all his certificates from the secondary level to university level, he is second to Jonathan in cluelessness. To buttress my point, no credible doctorate degree holder of public relevant we abandon his wife in a state of intellectual recklessness to commit blunders everywhere with grammars like PEJ. A true doctor would have hired experts to work on her.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by ceejay80: 9:28am On Jan 25, 2015
kcowen:
I have learnt a lot from the Buhari certificate monomania.
Since it happened, I started looking for all my certificate and
school report cards. In fact I have safely kept the receipt for
my jamb form, post jamb, lecture notes, textbooks, photos
even my secondary school P.T.A receipts and photocopy of
my transfer form too, who knows if anybody may request for
it. If someone who schooled before independence can be ask
to present his certificate, then who am I?If you are lucky
enough to still have your secondary school uniform and
sandal please, keep it because I still have mine right from my
kindergarten days. Who knows any clueless person can ask for
it?So currently, I'm searching for the sharpener and
2Anotebook I used in Pry 1....... hope u've started looking for
yours as well...
we've seen dis ur trash before
stop looking for ''LIKES''
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by KHAYGOLD(m): 9:28am On Jan 25, 2015
barcanista:
Nothing is more offensive than the bold. You see my problem with people like you is that you can't separate politics from tribal interest. What is treachery? What makes me a traitor? Is PDP a SS party? Is the election between the Ijaws/SS and the North or between GEJ(PDP) and GMB(Buhari)? If anyone is to be called a traitor, that should be GEJ and PEJ plus all the Ijaws in PDP that supported Wike's candidacy against riverine aspirants. Maybe you don't know the meaning, cos if you do, you won't say it in the first place. You are taking this politics too personal and with pains, it is a big shame and a low for someone of your calibre.

Do you expect a @Truckpusher to be reasonable?
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Ayatullah(m): 9:33am On Jan 25, 2015
I ALREADY GAVE THIS WARNING!
For the first time in many years IBB is talking sense.

Indeed if the Nigerian Army continues this way, it will soon be worse than the Nigeria Police.

I posted a topic titled: STOP HUMILIATING THE NIGERIAN ARMY under politics two days ago on this disgraceful behaviour of the Army.

Another four(4) years under Jonathan will completely destroy the Nigerian Army.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by symbianDON(m): 9:36am On Jan 25, 2015
Samchelsea:
The Jonathan administration has built more schools
than any other government so @APCNigeria and its
members can learn proper use of grammar. #GEJisit
I strongly suggest that madam patience jonathan enrolls in one of the schools sharply. even buhari with his school cert speaks better English than her.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Etinosajay(m): 9:37am On Jan 25, 2015
moderatorr1:
1967 we did.
2 - 6 million Biafrans lay dead at the end of the genocide mostly women and children. 100,000 biafran soldiers, the rest are civillians http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

That's 5 times the number of people that died in Rwanda.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rwandan_Genocide

The Nigerian jets would leave the battle field and raid the market in the town. Spraying bullets and bombs on civilians.
During mass exodus, thousands of villagers would be on the main road with their properties on their head trecking to the next town . Half way into he journey, 2 Nigerian jets will show up and spray bullets as they fly over the road.
At a point people werent running anymore. The jets would exhaust their bullets cache and fly back to base. While then living continued to treck.
The hunger was so much , that civilians turned into cannibals. They would steal into the battles field at night and cut off arms and legs of dead soldiers for cooking. Humans were the only food remaking to eat. People were eating people to survive. Homo lupus homine.
Obasanjo proposed a plan that would use more military force and end the battle in 3 months. But some other generals opposed the plan choosing the one that would cut off food supplies and cause millions to die slowly and painfully over time.
Nigerian soldiers would cut off the breasts of women before raping them as they bled to death such as was witnessed by the 8 elite US marines sent in the middle of the war to save one of their red cross.
The story was told that After people surrendered at nkalagu, the people's general ordered a massacre.
After the war, Igbos returned to their properties in non Igbo states only to discover that the government has declared their properties a no man's property. All money of Igbo men in the bank was reduced to N20 each, no matter how much you had before.

Igbos had to do business and be more financially wise to survive. They had to travel to all parts of the world to do business. Learn to speak other languages fast just to do good business and survive. That's why that trait lingers till today.
Basically all Igbo were made to start from the bot.tom again.
When you see people like coscharis and innoson being first car producers in Nigeria, you got to show some respect.
The people that witnessed these battles are still alive and these unwritten stories still haunt them. Then you show up years latter asking to be voted.
There is a fundamental reason why that is not possible.
Basically , its not a corruption or anti corruption campaign. You need to understand why these people aggrieved.
Read history my good friend. Read history.

Bros, firstly I have no idea how old you are. If you weren't born b4 the civil war Era, I'd like to read where u got this info from. As far as I'm concerned you have made terrible errors in your post.

1. The people's general (Buhari) wasn't the commanding officer during the war (1967). Gen Yakubu Gowon was Head of state. Maj General Murtala Muhammed, Maj. General O. Obasanjo, Brigadier Bamidele where the notable names who prosecuted the war for Nigeria. Buhari was a Lt. Colonel at the time and wasn't commanding any division or battalion.

2. Nigerian Airforce didn't have air attack capabilities during the civil war (I stand corrected) as it was the youngest and newest of the forces, so I have to question your claims of shelling. What I know is ibos where killed from Major Okoro in Kaduna to ibo killings @ Red bridge in benue to the train killings in abeokuta en route kaduna.

3. The same reason that warranted the January 1966 coup of 5 majors (CK Nzeogwu, E. Ifeajuna, E. Nwobosi, T. Onwuatuegwu, Ademoyega, C. Anuforo, and others) also warranted the counter coup of July 1966 by Murtala Muhammed, TY danjuma, Buka Dimka, SM Yar'adua etc.

4. The coup of january 1966 killed Hausas and Yorubas only (Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, S.A Akintola, Ralph Shodeinde, Z. Maimalari, Ademulegun, Okotieboh (deltan) and threw up an Ibo head of state (Aguiyi Ironsi) who refused to try the coup plotters until unrest within Northern Oligarch drew a counter coup along the same line as the original coup.

My friend these are ugly history which should not be referenced as the nation turns to democracy with unity.

Source: http://waado.org
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by saintandsinnerz: 9:39am On Jan 25, 2015
focus7:
we are not in the classroom so far u can get the informations. However, I have learnt something from Jonathan scenario that u passed through the four wall of a classroom and earn a doctorate degree does not make u intelligent. I want u to judge it yourself, Jonathan is likely among the highest degree holders among the presidents we have around the world, but can think of anyone as clueless and incompetent as him given the level of resources he has access to? Beside, I doubt the credibility of Jonathan degree certificates, I am not sure he earned them, knowing the systems that operates in Nigeria, he could be one of those that someone has to be paid to get the certificates for him, he has failed to display ability to defend his degrees. I know someone who paid people to to sit for him in exam to acquire all his certificates from the secondary level to university level, he is second to Jonathan in cluelessness. To buttress my point, no credible doctorate degree holder of public relevant we abandon his wife in a state of intellectual recklessness to commit blunders everywhere with grammars like PEJ. A true doctor would have hired experts to work on her.
With this your type of English, i hope you didn't hire somebody to also pass your papers for you? No offence, just asking

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by KhayodeOlajide(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2015
We can't say because we need change and neglect the fact behind general certificate. If his certificate is not fake let him prove it for Nigerian. Aboke that saibi forge result.....very corrupt pple...both APC and PDP are full with caliba of corrupt pple....neither two party worthy to be voted for this coming poll......
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 25, 2015
Countdown to d sinking of d clueless ship gathers momentum!....#feBUHARI 2015!
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by watchindelta(m): 9:42am On Jan 25, 2015
grin strange country with smart dumb citizens
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by emeka2847: 9:42am On Jan 25, 2015
Unbelievable!

IBB detained Buhari for 3 years to the extent that Buhari couldn't see his sick mother before she died.

Now this is coming from IBB, the very man that over the years had been terrified about Buhari sending him to jail.

IBB supported Jonathan fully in 2011.

For IBB to finally speak out like this in 2015, Jonathan's misrule must have reached it's zenith.

Jonathan should just go back to Otouke and leave this country as a single piece like found it.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by olatiler(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2015
Sibabasibaba1:
Buhari politicised the military when he left the barracks because of the lure of power to stage a coup in 1983. It's funny that those criminal elements who politicised the military are now warning about the politicising the military. Buhari himself brought the military into the certificate thing. Journalists started bombarding the military with questions and they decided to answer the questions by telling us what they know about the Buhari's certificate. How is that politicising the military?

This account is one of Reno Omokiri NL account ppl should ignore it
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by atlwireles: 9:45am On Jan 25, 2015
Jarus:
Imagine a Femi Fani-Kayode saying on national TV that Buhari should be stripped of his his military titles and honours.

A Major General when Nigerian Army was worth its name, a GOC that had commanded all but one of Nigerian army divisons.

What an assault on military establishment.

Is this how low the politicians have brought our military establishmnent

If Buhari entered the army without meeting the required prerequisite , then, he must be stripped of all his military titles.

4 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by emeka2847: 9:46am On Jan 25, 2015
There's a difference between staging a coup like IBB or Buhari did and causing division within Nigerian Military like Jonathan is doing today.

Nigeria may just be on track to becoming another Rwanda is the division among Nigerians continues to enter the military.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by ifnyioj22(m): 9:46am On Jan 25, 2015
Bokoharam are making efforts to penetrative Maiduguri the only safe place in borno state! Heavy gunshot nd artillery sounds still on since 2am...maidg/damaturu rd has been closed,
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by proxillin(m): 9:47am On Jan 25, 2015
KwoiZabo:
I have spotted this the nation newspaper, It's an APC newspaper.
*modified *
The truth is at this point, the best that can be done is for APC to substitute Buhari because even if Buhari wins which is unlikely, The PDP will pursue this to a logical conclusion which is Buhari is not qualified and believe you me if this were to be the other way round, these loud mouthed APC would have gone to the UN to give statement. Buhari can never be sworn in as President or else there can never be peace. That Cambridge master sheet was forged (evidence below) and Buhari should be arrested and sent to jail for entering The military fraudulently. Nobody is politicizing the Army, Buhari lied with the Army and the Army denied him, also nobody is ridiculing the Army, what is happening now shows the extent to which the Northerners have corrupted our institutions by flooding their brothers there even if they are not qualified. Buhari truncated democracy 3days after I was born, and my Father told me the story, he cannot repeat it today again that I am 31yrs. Never Never.

Dr illiterate. In our constitution , the minimum qualification for public office is primary 6. So lay this irrelevant issue to rest will u?

Face the fact that GEJ is loosing

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by emeka2847: 9:48am On Jan 25, 2015
olatiler:

This account is one of Reno Omokiri NL account ppl should ignore it

Thanks for that comment. Foolish Reno Omokri does not know that:

There's a difference between staging a coup like IBB or Buhari did and causing division within Nigerian Military like Jonathan is doing today.

Nigeria may just be on track to becoming another Rwanda is the division among Nigerians continues to enter the military.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:49am On Jan 25, 2015
HzRF:

How did they politicize it

Because d military came out to say the truth and thereby expose the long norm of quota system in the army

I. Just like the way u and ur likes say goto court
What a nice one getting to taste the bitter medicine u have always give GEJ

Pls the principal that issue d Oluwole , hope his number is now available

What did the military expose? If anything, the military vindicated Buhari to some extent while shooting themselves in the foot at the same time.

The military is politicized because under normal circumstance, they should not address any officer's personal record publicly without compelled to do so by the courts.

Your masters know that Buhari sat WASC and got his result. They just tried to see if they could discredit him but YOU HAVE FAILED WOEFULLY as the General keeps improving his acceptability.

For you and your likes, if Cambridge releases the result you will still say that it was doctored! You are pathetically irredeemable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 9:51am On Jan 25, 2015
proxillin:

Dr illiterate. In our constitution , the minimum qualification for public office is primary 6. So lay this irrelevant issue to rest will u?

Face the fact that GEJ is loosing
Hw do you defend him for lying under oath? How do you defend him if he is stripped of his entitlements as a general and sent to jail or is the requirement for being an officer in the Army primary six too? even the primar six i doubt if he has it. Lets have a conscience and stop promoting division in the country. As for GEJ loosing, thats unlikely. the fact you are leading your opponent 3 goals to 1 does not mean that you should not hustle for your penalty.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by efilefun(m): 9:52am On Jan 25, 2015
KwoiZabo:
*modified *
The truth is at this point, the best that can be done is for APC to substitute Buhari because even if Buhari wins which is unlikely, The PDP will pursue this to a logical conclusion which is Buhari is not qualified and believe you me if this were to be the other way round, these loud mouthed APC would have gone to the UN to give statement. Buhari can never be sworn in as President or else there can never be peace. That Cambridge master sheet was forged (evidence below) and Buhari should be arrested and sent to jail for entering The military fraudulently. Nobody is politicizing the Army, Buhari lied with the Army and the Army denied him, also nobody is ridiculing the Army, what is happening now shows the extent to which the Northerners have corrupted our institutions by flooding their brothers there even if they are not qualified. Buhari truncated democracy 3days after I was born, and my Father told me the story, he cannot repeat it today again that I am 31yrs. Never Never.

May GOD run your life and family the way Jonathan
has run Nigeria, Misplace all blessing due to you the
way Jonathan misplaced our 20billion Dollars, Pardon
all the enemies of your destiny the way Jonathan
Pardoned Alamiesigha and forget you and your Family
like the CHIBOK GIRLS have been forgotten..

Pls I need a louder Amen from.you

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:53am On Jan 25, 2015
atlwireles:

If Buhari entered the army without meeting the required prerequisite , then, he must be stripped of all his military titles.

And that is IF. And it is foolish, irresponsible and a sign of desperation for anyone, especially a DG of a presidential candidate to make that allegation without any fact.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Onyi4live(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2015
Nice speech from IBB..
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by Huffington: 9:54am On Jan 25, 2015
fkaz:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/babangida-defends-buhari/
Defending his fellow hausafulani who gained from the quota system.

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by KwoiZabo(m): 9:54am On Jan 25, 2015
[quote author=efilefun post=30112318][/quote] we don't support leaders made in the Bedroom we support leaders made of steel

1 Like

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by thunder74(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2015
Dannyset:
This is what Jonathan has done to our various institutions. He has divided Nigeria and has corrupt every institutions.
Or rather exposing the rot in all our system and status squo.
If the book is opened, we may be surprised to see the numbers of glorified unqualified generals.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by HugeMac: 9:58am On Jan 25, 2015
emeka2847:
Chineke!

IBB detained Buhari for 3 years to the extent that Buhari couldn't see his sick mother before she died.

Now this is coming from IBB, the very man that over the years had been terrified about Buhari sending him to jail.

IBB supported Jonathan fully in 2015.

For IBB to finally speak out like this, Jonathan's misrule must have reached it's zenith.
IF U BELEIVE EVERYTHING THESE PEOPLE SAY IN THE OPEN THEN YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM ,
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by emeka2847: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2015
KwoiZabo:
*modified *

Tell your father that he lied to you. Some of us went through it ourselves, and it was the best of times when we had unity in this country.

Tell you father that there's a difference between staging a coup like Buhari did and causing division within Nigerian Military like Jonathan is doing today.

Tell your father that Nigeria may just be on track to becoming another Rwanda if the division among Nigerians continues to enter the military.

Tell you father that Jonathan is destroying everything just to become President. But Buhari is now everybody's man. Forget all that preaching of religious disharmony by the Oritsejafors of this country.

Tell your father that Buhari is our next President.

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by atlwireles: 10:03am On Jan 25, 2015
PassingShot:

And that is IF. And it is foolish, irresponsible and a sign of desperation for anyone, especially a DG of a presidential candidate to make that allegation without any fact.

As it stands today, based on the army's own admission, Buhari does not have any proof he met the required educational prerequisite. Is not "IF", but a fact.

So the allegation made by PDP is fair and reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by sCun: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2015
emeka2847:

Worse things than the Rwandan genocide have happened and are still happening in Nigeria.
Re: …babangida Defends Buhari by dustydee: 10:14am On Jan 25, 2015
eagleeye2:
Abeg all these malams should encourage Buhari to allow the Cambridge publish his result ans allow all these drama to rest.
Quota system don do us something for this country.
How can Cambridge publish the result you claim he doesn't have?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adamu Garba Reacts To Dead Lawmaker Being Elected In US Election (photo) / Promote Corporal Dr. Nnaji Ebenezer Chibueze - MURIC Tells IGP / 2023: Worries In Sanwo-olu’s Camp As Tinubu’s Cabals, APC Consider Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.