Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) - Health (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) (127346 Views)

World Toilet Day: Nigeria Ranked 3rd In Countries Without Safe, Private Toilets / Ladies ;how To Know Your Safe And Unsafe Period To Have Sex_Nsikak Effiong. / Please Help Safe My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by allycat: 7:07pm On Mar 02, 2015
Omooba77:

Due to emotional reason,I have stopped reading this thread,but I read Folake's response and was touched.Please what hope does chemotherapy offer?From your explanation and little science I know,operation may not be it sir.

Surgery where appropriate and radiotherapy treat the tumour itself and the immediate surroundings. Chemotherapy treats any cancerous cells that have left the vicinity of the tumour and spread to other parts of the body.That is why it is added for most tumours that are more than stage 1.

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by XBLadez: 7:49pm On Mar 02, 2015
Please how does one avoid cancer? sad

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
XBLadez:
Please how does one avoid cancer? sad

God, healthy life styles, eat more of garlic, vegetables, onions, tomatoes, broccoli , avoid processed foods as much as you can, eat less of sugary substance, exercise as much as u can etc............will add more when l am back...... smiley

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 8:26pm On Mar 02, 2015
allycat:
Folake as I said radiotherapy is very hard on the body because of the way it works. The radio waves kill any fast growing tissue and the fasterthe tissue grows it grows the better it works. Cancer cells are growing extra fast and that is why they are killed off. Unfortunately the skin in your digestive tract (that is mouth , oesophagus stomach etc) are also fast growing but not as fast as the cancer, so many of these cells are being damaged but not as severely as the cancer cells Try to eat a balanced diet, since food is hard to chew and swallow add things like Complan milk to your diet, blend fresh fruits like banana with milk or youghort, or none citric fruits so you get adequate nutrition and vitamins, ask your doctor to prescribe something for the nausea and vomiting.Drink plenty of water, gargle regularly with mild salty water and if you can find it small baking soda. I recommend bone to be applied to sores in the mouth to soothe them before eating. Also be careful of what supplements you tak,e anything with folic acid should be avoided as these feed the tumour.
Yes I have seen patients recover from NPC but unfortunately I have seen some reoccur too . You concentrate your energies on staying positive as we always get better results in patients who are not depressed. I know it's not easy but God is your strength.

Please in addition to your explanation, I will like to know what we can do to combat the effect of this chemo.

You need to see how good looking Folake is now. I am so sad about it
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Mar 02, 2015
kingolaola:

Please in addition to your explanation, I will like to know what we can do to combat the effect of this chemo.

You need to see how good looking Folake is now. I am so sad about it
Ola, you sef ehn, you are not even letting the house know financial status by updating the financial contributions and expenses. Anyways. I WISH FOLAKE a healthy life 1s again.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 7:46am On Mar 03, 2015
beatsbug:
Ola, you sef ehn, you are not even letting the house know financial status by updating the financial contributions and expenses. Anyways. I WISH FOLAKE a healthy life 1s again.
Sorry, I will do that
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by cocolacec(m): 1:16pm On Mar 03, 2015
Dealing with the Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation

Since many people use a combination of conventional therapies with alternative, we have been asked to provide a list of ways to deal with the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Some suggestions include:
Acupuncture can be used to help with nausea and pain
THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) is useful for treating cancer pain, chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, and poor appetite/wasting. It can be prescribed in pill form, while some people find relief from smoking marijuana. However, it is illegal in most states, but your doctor may be willing to prescribe it.
For nausea, both ginger and caraway seed can often help. Caraway seed can be used to make a tea to be used after radiation treatment. To prevent nausea, hold a slice of fresh ginger in your mouth while undergoing therapy; if you become nauseous, chew on it. Fennel tea calms the stomach and prevents nausea. Acupuncture or an acupressure wrist band may also help.
Pressure points on the wrists that can help reduce nausea. There is a special wrist band that uses electrical stimulation of the nerves in the wrist for this by Woodside Biomedical Inc. in Carlsbad, CA at (888)668-6648 FREE. However, do not use it if you have a pacemaker.
For pain or burning in the stomach, mix one heaping teaspoon of kudzu or arrowroot in six ounces of water or licorice tea.
Use imagery, visualization and other mind-body techniques to lessen the side effects and stresses of the cancer treatment.
Alpha Lipoic Acid, an antioxidant, can help with nerve death-neuropathy
Exercise can help with fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and a variety of other ill effects
Banana peels can help with planters warts. Cover the warts with banana peels for 7 days and the warts will dry up.
Soy Unique is a fermented soy product that can help enhance the immune system and help increase blood counts. It is easily digested and is very nutritious, making it great for those who have trouble eating. It is available at http://www.naha.theshoppe.com/soyunique.htm.
Dr. Whitaker recommends a product called Defience PhytoTherapy, a powdered supplement formulated by oncologist Mitch Gaynor, M.D., of the Strang Cancer Prevention Center in New York City, specifically for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. It contains milk thistle, grapefruit seed extract, N-acetyl-cysteine and other agents that aid in detoxification, as well as soy isoflavones, other immune enhancers, and plant extracts. Patients state that it gives them more energy.
Ganodema can be used as a supplement during chemotherapy or radiotherapy to reduce side-effects such as fatigue, loss of appetite, hair loss, bone marrow suppression and risk of infection.
Propax - www.propax.com - Helps with fatigue associated with chemotherapy
Spirulina helps to reduce the side effects of radiation therapy, including weight loss
Other immune builders, like colostrum, ImmunoPower, astragalus, MGM3, IP6, and Transfer Factor can also help with side effects by keeping the immune system going without interfering with the treatments.
Chinese herbal remedies can be helpful. Go to http://acupuncture.com/Herbology/Chemo.htm for suggestions
For hair loss, consider EVP3 from Janbe. Vitamin E prior to beginning chemo can also help. Ice caps (ice cap, cold cap, caps) sometimes retard hair loss from chemotherapy.
After the chemo and radiation is over, check with your doctor about adding antioxidants to your diet to build your system back up. (See note about antioxidants below.)
Some people use a zapper during treatments to help keep their system going
Hydrazine sulfate is an anti-cachexia drug which acts to reverse the metabolic processes of debilitation and weight loss in cancer.
For constipation or gas, enzymes such as Beano, probiotics, sena, buckthorn, epsom salts, or high fiber can help, but be sure to check with your physician. Walking also helps.
For anemia - B12, beet juice, and shark liver oil can help.
For insomnia - try melatonin.
For pain - try acupuncture, biofeedback, or hypnosis.
http://www.cancure.org/12-links-page/91-dealing-with-the-side-effects-of-chemotherapy-and-radiation
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by cocolacec(m): 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2015
Personally i have used marijuana leaves in olive oil to help a Close relative who was undergoing chemo and radiation overcome insomnia and loss of apetite etc and the result was superb.He was able to sleep and eat normal without the pain and agony from the treatment.If you need tips send me a private mail.You will be amased of what marijuana can do in alleviating the side effects of chemo and radiation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lsvHMkWFg
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 4:30pm On Mar 03, 2015
cocolacec:
Dealing with the Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation
Since many people use a combination of conventional therapies with alternative, we have been asked to provide a list of ways to deal with the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Some suggestions include:
Acupuncture can be used to help with nausea and pain
THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) is useful for treating cancer pain, chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting, and poor appetite/wasting. It can be prescribed in pill form, while some people find relief from smoking marijuana. However, it is illegal in most states, but your doctor may be willing to prescribe it.
For nausea, both ginger and caraway seed can often help. Caraway seed can be used to make a tea to be used after radiation treatment. To prevent nausea, hold a slice of fresh ginger in your mouth while undergoing therapy; if you become nauseous, chew on it. Fennel tea calms the stomach and prevents nausea. Acupuncture or an acupressure wrist band may also help.
Pressure points on the wrists that can help reduce nausea. There is a special wrist band that uses electrical stimulation of the nerves in the wrist for this by Woodside Biomedical Inc. in Carlsbad, CA at (888)668-6648 FREE. However, do not use it if you have a pacemaker.
For pain or burning in the stomach, mix one heaping teaspoon of kudzu or arrowroot in six ounces of water or licorice tea.
Use imagery, visualization and other mind-body techniques to lessen the side effects and stresses of the cancer treatment.
Alpha Lipoic Acid, an antioxidant, can help with nerve death-neuropathy
Exercise can help with fatigue, nausea, anxiety, and a variety of other ill effects
Banana peels can help with planters warts. Cover the warts with banana peels for 7 days and the warts will dry up.
Soy Unique is a fermented soy product that can help enhance the immune system and help increase blood counts. It is easily digested and is very nutritious, making it great for those who have trouble eating. It is available at http://www.naha.theshoppe.com/soyunique.htm.
Dr. Whitaker recommends a product called Defience PhytoTherapy, a powdered supplement formulated by oncologist Mitch Gaynor, M.D., of the Strang Cancer Prevention Center in New York City, specifically for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation. It contains milk thistle, grapefruit seed extract, N-acetyl-cysteine and other agents that aid in detoxification, as well as soy isoflavones, other immune enhancers, and plant extracts. Patients state that it gives them more energy.
Ganodema can be used as a supplement during chemotherapy or radiotherapy to reduce side-effects such as fatigue, loss of appetite, hair loss, bone marrow suppression and risk of infection.
Propax - www.propax.com - Helps with fatigue associated with chemotherapy
Spirulina helps to reduce the side effects of radiation therapy, including weight loss
Other immune builders, like colostrum, ImmunoPower, astragalus, MGM3, IP6, and Transfer Factor can also help with side effects by keeping the immune system going without interfering with the treatments.
Chinese herbal remedies can be helpful. Go to http://acupuncture.com/Herbology/Chemo.htm for suggestions
For hair loss, consider EVP3 from Janbe. Vitamin E prior to beginning chemo can also help. Ice caps (ice cap, cold cap, caps) sometimes retard hair loss from chemotherapy.
After the chemo and radiation is over, check with your doctor about adding antioxidants to your diet to build your system back up. (See note about antioxidants below.)
Some people use a zapper during treatments to help keep their system going
Hydrazine sulfate is an anti-cachexia drug which acts to reverse the metabolic processes of debilitation and weight loss in cancer.
For constipation or gas, enzymes such as Beano, probiotics, sena, buckthorn, epsom salts, or high fiber can help, but be sure to check with your physician. Walking also helps.
For anemia - B12, beet juice, and shark liver oil can help.
For insomnia - try melatonin.
For pain - try acupuncture, biofeedback, or hypnosis.
http://www.cancure.org/12-links-page/91-dealing-with-the-side-effects-of-chemotherapy-and-radiation
thank u very much Sir
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2015
allycat:
I just went through the thread today so let me do my bit to educate a bit on Nasopharyngeal carcinoma NPC. NPC is a cancer arising from the skin in an area behind the nose known as the Nasopharynx. It is relatively rare and most doctors not in ENT may never have come across a case before and this makes the diagnosis to be delayed in many cases. Most patients present with a neck swelling first, others have symptoms that may easily be confused with cartarhh that refuses to go away, bulging eyes, difficulty in swallowing and deep headaches. Such cases are rarely diagnosed till they have advanced to the stage where they give other scary symptoms like nose bleed. Patients rarely loose weight at the beginning so this makes many people relax and not suspect something sinister. It affects any age group but in Nigeria is commonest amongst young adults in their 20s and 30s.
The treatment is Radiotherapy alone for very early cases and then radiotherapy and chemotherapy for other stages from stage 2 upwards. There is very little surgery that can be done for these patients as the Nasopharynx is so closely related to many delicate structures in the head and the chances of removing the tumor without killing the patient is slim.
I can't comment on this patient as I don't have all the details and I couldn't make a prognosis on a social blogsite even if I did.
My advice for her is to make sure she completes her Radiotherapy and chemotherapy without a break and then 3 to 6 months later her doctor will need to reasses her.
Both radio and chemotherapy are brutal. I tell my patients that at the end they will feel like a trailer ran over them and reversed .
I hope my little explanation is of help.
I'll keep praying for her.
thank u very much Sir, every bit of ur explanation is like u see n know me from adam, my own has gotten to a stage of blood from nose n mouth. With 4chemo n 21radio one of my nose is still blocking especially in d night but d blood has reduced drastically, pls advice me on some of d things I can put in place like; my mouth is useless, nausea ,vommiting ,tiredness, insomnia, unable to eat e.t,c please av u seen ppl come out of nasopharyngeal cercinoma? Can it come back after treatment? I look like a monster now I can't bath for long ,pls help me.
allycat:
Folake as I said radiotherapy is very hard on the body because of the way it works. The radio waves kill any fast growing tissue and the fasterthe tissue grows it grows the better it works. Cancer cells are growing extra fast and that is why they are killed off. Unfortunately the skin in your digestive tract (that is mouth , oesophagus stomach etc) are also fast growing but not as fast as the cancer, so many of these cells are being damaged but not as severely as the cancer cells Try to eat a balanced diet, since food is hard to chew and swallow add things like Complan milk to your diet, blend fresh fruits like banana with milk or youghort, or none citric fruits so you get adequate nutrition and vitamins, ask your doctor to prescribe something for the nausea and vomiting.Drink plenty of water, gargle regularly with mild salty water and if you can find it small baking soda. I recommend bone to be applied to sores in the mouth to soothe them before eating. Also be careful of what supplements you tak,e anything with folic acid should be avoided as these feed the tumour.
Yes I have seen patients recover from NPC but unfortunately I have seen some reoccur too . You concentrate your energies on staying positive as we always get better results in patients who are not depressed. I know it's not easy but God is your strength.
thank u very much Sir for the enlightenment I'm happy
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 7:11pm On Mar 03, 2015
beatsbug:
I posted some receipts on my thread Sir
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 04, 2015
4llake:
I posted some receipts on my thread Sir
4llake its not about receipt although its also very okay but Ola sure knows exactly wat is being expected of him since here, it has been like a song on this thread, i guess its jus fallen to deaf ears.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by ifyalways(f): 7:08am On Mar 04, 2015
^^^, the problem with humans. Now thread has gone "dead", just because :
There were no response from OP on accountability of donations received. (he's busy or don't have enough data)
No clear and concise treatment plan. Or I missed that.

Suddenly we are discussing chemo care and not treatment plans.
It is well.

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 04, 2015
ifyalways:
There were no response from OP on accountability of donations received. (he's busy or don't have enough data)

It is well.

True, he ought to update the thread in a holistic manner to ginger more donors to respond with more cash, too bad Tehn are not in charge, they would have done better in terms of clear cuts updates & accountability..

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 5:19pm On Mar 04, 2015
Thank u for ur concern every body, he Will come, there are reasons. Thank u I took chemo yesterday
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Kangol99(m): 3:55am On Mar 05, 2015
I DO NOT HAVE MONEY NOW, BUT I HAVE SOMEONE THAT CAN SETTLE THE CASE AND THAT'S GOD.
IN THE NAME OF JESUS BE HEALED!!!

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by emmysexxy(f): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Op you need to update the house on money spent at least for transparency and accountability ,next line of action and how much needed to complete folake's treatment.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by denowo(m): 9:13pm On Mar 05, 2015
It is nice to know Folake is fine , we pray that your healing will be complete
it is sad that Kingolaola is quiet at this point when everyone is eagerly expecting an update, even though your profile page says you were last seen online at 8.59, a few minutes ago. As Folake said there is a reason for your silence.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2015
ifyalways:

It is well.

He is just going to kill this thread. Even 4llake that is sick updates it more than him.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 12:00am On Mar 06, 2015
Hello People.
I am so sorry for making you worried on this thread. Things will improve from this moment. I also dont want to give excuses in defense of myself for not reporting here promptly.

However, I have updated the donor list few days ago up till the last moments except very last donation of N1,000.
You can check the list on I think page 26.

As per the amount spent so far, I will want to say here that I will have to look into that so that I can give the house feedback. I have transferred the sum of N610,000 naira to Folakes account on February 20. Right now, I have close to N200,000 to be transferred. This I wanted to do few days ago but unfortunately, there was bad network. I will do that hopefully tomorrow Friday.
I will also ask Folake details of the expenditures so far so that the house can be aware or may be Folake can also handle that aspect since she is here.
Thank you very much for your understanding

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 12:08am On Mar 06, 2015
ifyalways:

It is well.

As per the treatment plan, We make consultations and we were best advised to let her complete her remaining sections in Eko hospital.

This is in contrary to our initial plan to go to Ghana. But remember it took sometimes before nairalander responded to my first post and as we were desperate at that time, my other siblings taught of plan B which was why we went to Eko hospital.

After her treatment in Eko hospital, we will still make consultation on next thing to do.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 12:10am On Mar 06, 2015
As per the transparency/accountability, this is the part that scared me most. I really which teHN was involved.
But the only option I have now is to do my best on it
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by kingolaola: 12:11am On Mar 06, 2015
Folake can also add more update as per the treatment plan.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by shakol91(m): 2:20am On Mar 06, 2015
kingolaola:
Folake can also add more update as per the treatment plan.
@ OP,God will grant your desire on Folake's case. And to Folake God will heal you and you shall be free completely from cancer and to all donors and people that are praying for folake,we and our family members will not experience cancer and all other forms of sickness in Jesus name.

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
I've not been feeling fine, my body system are very bad ,that is y I'm away my good people, let me just thank u for ur love, I'll b back

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by tchiwinnie: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2015
4llake:
I've not been feeling fine, my body system are very bad ,that is y I'm away my good people, let me just thank u for ur love, I'll b back
Be strong. Fill urself wt positive thoughts, make positive declarations. I imagine urslf conpletely healed already. I pray God grants u divine healing. I hv an aunt diagnosed of liver cancer, her faith is something else. I kno God ll honor her faith and she ll soon b told she s cancer free. I pray u too ll hv such faith
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by tchiwinnie: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2015
kingolaola:
Hello People.
I am so sorry for making you worried on this thread. Things will improve from this moment. I also dont want to give excuses in defense of myself for not reporting here promptly.

However, I have updated the donor list few days ago up till the last moments except very last donation of N1,000.
You can check the list on I think page 26.

As per the amount spent so far, I will want to say here that I will have to look into that so that I can give the house feedback. I have transferred the sum of N610,000 naira to Folakes account on February 20. Right now, I have close to N200,000 to be transferred. This I wanted to do few days ago but unfortunately, there was bad network. I will do that hopefully tomorrow Friday.
I will also ask Folake details of the expenditures so far so that the house can be aware or may be Folake can also handle that aspect since she is here.
Thank you very much for your understanding
I think u shld copy and paste d update frm page 26 to dis page. Pple may nt hv d patience to go search for pg 36. Pls as much as possible, try to post an update at least once every 2-3days.
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by dominique(f): 9:07pm On Mar 06, 2015
@kinolaola, I just went through the entire page 26 and I didn't see any detailed account of how much you've spent so far and how much balance is left. Please take some time out and pull the reciepts together and tell us how much you've spent so far and how much balance is left. The thread is already slowing down because people are not getting the updates to rouse their interests in contributing more. Please do this quickly for the sake of 4llake.

Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by 4llake: 8:21am On Mar 07, 2015
dominique:
@kinolaola, I just went through the entire page 26 and I didn't see any detailed account of how much you've spent so far and how much balance is left. Please take some time out and pull the reciepts together and tell us how much you've spent so far and how much balance is left. The thread is already slowing down because people are not getting the updates to rouse their interests in contributing more. Please do this quickly for the sake of 4llake.
can u please send some of your people to come n check on me in d hospital? D receipts are very many,and more over for confirmation n prove,I will b glad if u can kindly do that for me
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Mynd44: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2015
Re: Please Help Safe Folake (urgent) by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 07, 2015
4llake:
can u please send some of your people to come n check on me in d hospital? D receipts are very many,and more over for confirmation n prove,I will b glad if u can kindly do that for me
Where is your brother andwhy is he not helping out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

22 Side Effect Of Masturbation / After Child Birth, How Long Should A Woman Stay Before Having Sex? / Please Explain Genotype AA

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87