Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . (8805 Views)

Where Is Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari? - BBC / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview / 5 Impersonators Of Salisu Buhari, Buhari’s First Son Denied Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2015
The speaker of Nigeria's house of representatives, Salisu Buhari, broke down in tears as he formally resigned following press allegations of forgery and perjury.
His decision comes after days of mounting pressure during which he has consistently denied the accusations made against him.

In an emotional speech to assembly members, Mr Buhari said: "I apologise to you. I apologise to the nation. I apologise to my family and friends for all the distress I have caused them.

"I was misled in error by zeal to serve the nation," Mr Buhari said.

"I hope the nation will forgive me and give me the opportunity to serve again."

Humiliation

The BBC correspondent in Nigeria, Barnaby Phillips said the statement amounted to a humiliating climbdown for Mr Buhari, who has until now vehemently denied allegations that he lied about his age and educational achievements in order to qualify for the post.

On Tuesday, the speaker said he would step down "temporarily" to fight the allegations made in The News magazine.

The magazine has stood by its story despite Mr Buhari's threat to sue for libel.

The News said that Mr Buhari is seven years younger than he claims to be, making him too young to enter the House.

It also said that Mr Buhari did not go to the university in Canada which he says he attended.

'Never resign'

On Monday, the speaker held a press conference saying he would "never resign."

The announcement of his departure was made to a session of the House of Representatives by acting Speaker Chibudom Nwuche.

Mr Buhari's replacement as speaker will be Ghali Umar Na'aba, a 41-year-old graduate of political science from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

The speaker of the house is key post in Nigeria's fledgling democracy, and fourth in the country's constitutional hierarchy after President Obasanjo, the vice-president and the speaker of the senate.

Mr Buhari had faced growing calls for his resignation over the past few days and there were reports that his own party - the People's Democratic Party - was urging him to quit.

On Tuesday, tempers flared in the House of Representatives, and proceedings were suspended as members opposed to Mr Buhari attempted to seize the ceremonial mace to prevent a motion in support of the speaker going ahead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/401123.stm

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Emperor007: 1:51pm On Jan 24, 2015
... and another Buhari ( GMB ) has a case to answer.

Merit must be restored in Nigeria, no more cheating through Quota System.

14 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by psucc(m): 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
So u mean every certificate bearing Buhari should be observed with double lens?

OK

5 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by baybeeboi: 1:58pm On Jan 24, 2015
so na so all this Northeners wan d use our heads abi?
South go d suffer go school dem go just come sitdown for sit of power.....
At least breeze don d blow dia rotten nyäshes

3 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 2:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
I use this opportunity to apologize for my inability to reply so many mentions since four days ago both from the camp of PDP/GEJ and (APC ) CERTIFICATE FORGERS.
I was banned for four days, I'm back with more vigour to help stop evil people from taking over our land.
God bless you all.

Tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine,
Berem, egift, NgeneUkwenu, barcarnista, Obiagelli, demdem, Omenka, GenBuhari, kelsoft, OrlandoOwo, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, donphilopus, koboko69, cramjonse ,, aresa , Caseless,abagworo, ilugunboy.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 2:16pm On Jan 24, 2015
psucc:

OK
You know na.

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Redoil: 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
I use this opportunity to apologize for my inability to reply so many mentions since four days ago both from the camp of PDP/GEJ and (APC ) CERTIFICATE FORGERS.
I was banned for four days, I'm back with more vigour to help stop evil people from taking over our land.
God bless you all.

Tomakint, Idumuose, atlwireles, Nigerianvenom, chukwudi44, priscaoge, tonte, xcolanto, Sunnybobo3, biafranqueen, truckpusher, theassassin, jujuboy, jesusiscoming, Brownlord, Mogidi, anonimi, noblezone, tit, ishiamu, firefire, babyosisi, blacktechnology, datolee, Billyonaire, taharqa, ujoinme, uchidodo, publisher, gramci, Longeria, jmaine,
Berem, egift, NgeneUkwenu, barcarnista, Obiagelli, demdem, Omenka, GenBuhari, kelsoft, OrlandoOwo, Caseless, MichaelSokoto, gbawe, donphilopus, koboko69, cramjonse ,, aresa , Caseless,abagworo, ilugunboy.
roll call and apology of the weedians.
Why is it that something strange is always wrong with the species call buhari i.e salisu buhari and mohamedu buhari and another buhari?
Guess correctly what is wrong with them and win a house in VGC or banana island.

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Redoil: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
The speaker of Nigeria's house of representatives, Salisu Buhari, broke down in tears as he formally resigned following press allegations of forgery and perjury.
His decision comes after days of mounting pressure during which he has consistently denied the accusations made against him.

In an emotional speech to assembly members, Mr Buhari said: "I apologise to you. I apologise to the nation. I apologise to my family and friends for all the distress I have caused them.

"I was misled in error by zeal to serve the nation," Mr Buhari said.

"I hope the nation will forgive me and give me the opportunity to serve again."

Humiliation

The BBC correspondent in Nigeria, Barnaby Phillips said the statement amounted to a humiliating climbdown for Mr Buhari, who has until now vehemently denied allegations that he lied about his age and educational achievements in order to qualify for the post.

On Tuesday, the speaker said he would step down "temporarily" to fight the allegations made in The News magazine.

The magazine has stood by its story despite Mr Buhari's threat to sue for libel.

The News said that Mr Buhari is seven years younger than he claims to be, making him too young to enter the House.

It also said that Mr Buhari did not go to the university in Canada which he says he attended.

'Never resign'

On Monday, the speaker held a press conference saying he would "never resign."

The announcement of his departure was made to a session of the House of Representatives by acting Speaker Chibudom Nwuche.

Mr Buhari's replacement as speaker will be Ghali Umar Na'aba, a 41-year-old graduate of political science from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

The speaker of the house is key post in Nigeria's fledgling democracy, and fourth in the country's constitutional hierarchy after President Obasanjo, the vice-president and the speaker of the senate.

Mr Buhari had faced growing calls for his resignation over the past few days and there were reports that his own party - the People's Democratic Party - was urging him to quit.

On Tuesday, tempers flared in the House of Representatives, and proceedings were suspended as members opposed to Mr Buhari attempted to seize the ceremonial mace to prevent a motion in support of the speaker going ahead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/401123.stm
but guy you wicked O. So you went to dig out this shi.t to pour on the janjaw.e.ed.
It is well.
Why is it that something strange is always wrong with the species call buhari i.e salisu buhari and mohamedu buhari and another buhari?
Guess correctly what is wrong with them and win a house in VGC or banana island.

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is irresponsible of these BUHARI NAME CARRIERS!! kinda make me think about the name ekaitte and what they are known for!!

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Redoil: 2:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
i remeber lagbaja sang a song for the buharians when he was forging certificate.

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
God bless you all.

How is your teeth
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Redoil: 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

How is your teeth
sweery, is this how you wish to downplay such weighty allegations?
It is well.
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
God bless you all.

Welcome back Longeria. Next time don't do anything to get banned.
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by ishiamu(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

How is your teeth

You on your period? Co's I just noticed it's month end

3 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by ishiamu(m): 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
God bless you all.

Taught as much bro, wonder for your absence, the janjanweed has been violent since on n offline from stoning the president c in c to forgery, but we will defeat them and their cabals

5 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by pupsyd: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
another name for forgery now is "BUHARI"

e.g, guy this money you gave me na BUHARI OOO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:27pm On Jan 24, 2015
Why did you create this thread?
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by kay1one(m): 3:41pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
God bless you all.

Welcome back. Time to liberate this country from fake "change" mongers!

2 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by drnoel: 3:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
This is old news
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2015
TESTMONIAL FORGERY IS NOW THE FALL OF GENERAL MUHAMADU Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 6:04pm On Jan 24, 2015
ishiamu:

Taught as much bro, wonder for your absence, the janjanweed has been violent since on n offline from stoning the president c in c to forgery, but we will defeat them and their cabals
My Brother, thanks, imagine, I was banned for four days for what they called off point comment. They may try to frustrate us but they can't.

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2015
baybeeboi:
This is correct eye opener.

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by idumuose(m): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
My Brother, thanks, imagine, I was banned for four days for what they called off point comment. They may try to frustrate us but they can't.
Welcome bro.The heat is getting too much for members of APC.I am sure they are now regretting fielding that cerificate forger but it's too late for them.

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2015
Obiagelli:

How is your teeth
Atleast it's better than Tinubu's teeth.

3 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
berem:
Welcome back Longeria. Next time don't do anything to get banned.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by PhockPhockMan: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
pupsyd:
another name for forgery now is "BUHARI"

e.g, guy this money you gave me na BUHARI OOO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
You meant Buhari is now another name for counterfeit?
gringringringringrin

4 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Iykopee(m): 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
So much for fighting corruption if the crusader cud forge document. Sai sapiticate forger. APC, change for evil.

3 Likes

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2015
Mr Salisu Buhari was a Speaker Under PDP

He was a disgrace....

Ths same Salisu Buhari was appointed as a Member of UNN Governing Council by President Jonathan, in 2013. He is still in that position.

PDP promotes illegality, Jonathan is a con-man

APC is Change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Vicotex(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
psucc:

OK
all buhari's are not to be trusted these days

1 Like

Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by mrborntodoit: 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2015
Every Nigerian governmental office holder needs to be cross checked .

A lot of these politicians are fraudsters hence the reason why the nation is backward, don't heap the blame on the presidency alone .

Start from your local government chairman,counselor etc and you will see that the rot in the system can always be rectified.

Meanwhile, vote Gej, his results are verified, his transformation agenda is real.

Unlike gmb who cancelled the Lagos metro line just because it wasn't a project in the north.
Re: CERTIFICATE FORGERY ; The Downfall Of Salisu BUHARI ...... BBC . by Vicotex(m): 6:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
You meant Buhari is now another name for counterfeit?
gringringringringrin
fuckfuckman lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu State Government flags off Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze-Anambra Border road / Senator Abaribe Cheated And Abandoned Abia Residents For 16 Years - Okafor / Minimum Wage: ‘All Agreements Between Labour, FG Must Be Implemented’ – TUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.